• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

OptimusLime

I'm honestly to the point where, besides when the DLC stuff happens, I'm going to drop the game. I love the gameplay but the RNG in this game has gotten to the point of absurdity. Considering how much content there is in this game there's no reason the RNG for drops has to be so low.

I think Im going to finish the story mode (on-disc story, no DLC unless they add the movies) and then trade it in and get back on P4G.

Its fun, but the RNG really kills the enjoyment and the value. RNG loot made me quit Destiny after I completed its "story" too.

patchday

If we are talking about PvP my biggest problem with it is that you can use items in it. Had a guy run the clock and at the last second use a healing capsule so he could win.

Yeah the online lobby system is absolute bar bones. Can't adjust the rules or anything. Can't see the level of your opponent. Just nothing... Feels lazy and rushed. Even ME3 MP had a much more powerful lobby where I could view the levels and equipment people were using. And that was a casual PVE Only grinder.

[*edit] This is on PS4. I know Steam users can get around this by clicking "view profile" and you can see their level / equipment I've read

Calcium

Banned
Well, that Frieza Saga mission where I had to help Krillin and Gohan certainly sucked. I managed to get it on my second try, but fighting in that small ship was horrible. My camera was just all over the place.

Parallel Quest 9 is currently my Everest. Everything is fine until Goku revives and then he proceeds to manhandle Vegeta and I lose. I guess I'll have to level up before I can do this one because I'm only getting him down to 75% or so before I fail.

Astral

So I tried that back attack thing to counter people teleporting behind me. It didn't work. The female Saiyan's back attack is awful and almost always misses. Luckily, Power Blitz can often times hit them even when they're behind me. This move is seriously underrated. Thank you based Android 18.

DrunkDan

OK thanks

I don't lose those Npc giving quests do i ? Or do they disappear and reappears at random like the mentors ?

And watch out for the Android 17 one because I couldn't find it for the life of me. He appears directly to your right when you load the game up - on the same platform in front of the time machine, don't go down the steps to where your mentor stands.

bobawesome

C'mon, UPS. The game has been a city over since Friday. I can't wait until Wednesday.

CjodPko.png

moai

level 42 here and can´t pass the beerus and whiz story mission. is my level too low? those guys just destroy trunks and then me.

BHK3

Banned
level 42 here and can´t pass the beerus and whiz story mission. is my level too low? those guys just destroy trunks and then me.

Find Cell as a mentor, get Perfect Kamehameha, beat story mode. I recommend using "I am super vegeta!" Z-Soul as well.

DedValve

Banned
would like to spar with a few of you peeps but doing nothing but quests has given me horrible spammy practices.

Man fuck trying to do pq 47, gohan and goku just spam super kammehameha all day long and I gotta do it myself? Fuck.

I can reliably get to that part with 4 heal items intact and get fucked.

Also innocence breath is amazing, I'm loving it.

I'm level 72 with my Freiza character having 98 ki supers, 80~ in strike and around 25 in health. I think I'll spend the remaining levels (what is the max btw) in health and stamina.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

They're in the level 60s I believe. You can spam basic ki attacks while moving in a slow circle while playing keep away if they get too close. Takes time and is a boring way to win, but it works if you're too low level.

patchday

There's a few different ways. I've been wanting to try out majin buu's z-soul that turns the enemy into candy when hit. It seems to fire off quite often when I use it. You can use as a method of crowd control. Allows you to focus on one guy while the other is helpless candy :D

Korezo

Is there any info on tomorrows dlc? Like what are the new quests and story missions? Thats what I want to inow before buying the season pass.

RK9039

So they still haven't fixed the crash you get on the Majin Buu level? I waited a week, thought they'd fix it by now. I tried all the "fixes" people have suggested, nothing works.

ed: nvm, got through that section just now. Turned my fps down to 30 and it worked.

Nordicus

Man, it was scrub hour today. My friend and I had a bunch of 2v2's against spammers, laggy connections, and worst of all, item abusing sore losers. People can't handle that the two of us are really tough to combo and will actually not let ourselves be spammed to death if someone goes Super Saiyan.

We found one, maybe two, decent fighters the whole night and the latter one was such a refreshingly fun fight that whenever I beat the bad/new player, I stayed put on the body and let this decent fighter duke it out with my teammate in fair 1v1. At was always a really close fight between them

It was cute how a player wanted to throw a Super Electric Strike at me right after I had Arm Crashed them into guard break state the first time. In that state it took me only a minor poke to interrupt it. Doesn't make for an interesting fight however.

Edit: Ya know what, I don't think I met a single person with a hacked character so I guess I should be grateful
There's a few different ways. I've been wanting to try out majin buu's z-soul that turns the enemy into candy when hit. It seems to fire off quite often when I use it. You can use as a method of crowd control. Allows you to focus on one guy while the other is helpless candy :D
I think they might be immune to that while in boss super armor.
Is there any info on tomorrows dlc? Like what are the new quests and story missions? Thats what I want to inow before buying the season pass.
Well there is the facebook post
Dragon Ball GT Pack 1 (DLC) for Dragon Ball Xenoverse is going to be released on March 17th for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC Steam. In the US, the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 content will be released as well on March 17th, in EU PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 content will be released on March 18th.

This DLC Pack includes:
- 3 new playables characters (Kid Goku GT, Trunks GT and Pan)
- 1 new stage (Planet Tuffle)
- 5 new costumes, 3 new accessories, 9 new Z-souls
- 2 new Masters (Tien and Yamcha)
- 15 new special moves to be learned from Tien and Yamcha
- 4 Time Patrol Quests and 3 Parallel Quests
So they still haven't fixed the crash you get on the Majin Buu level? I waited a week, thought they'd fix it by now. I tried all the "fixes" people have suggested, nothing works.
Honestly no fix that I've heard of, sorry.

That was pretty awesome. I plan on making a saiyan for me 2nd character. It didn't look like either his stamina or killed was draining when he went SSJ. How does SSJ work?

Huh? his ki was gradually draining. Your stamina only ever goes down when you use it in this game via guarding or using vanishes that take stamina.

Super Electric Strike and Death Ball are powerful, but unfair? Naah, and with counter skills they can be even easier to deal with. Arm Crashing into a person doing Super Electric Strike is funny, sends them to guard break state immediately and you're free to combo them or hit them with your ultis for a pretty long time.

Agreed. I havent lost to a spammer in nearly a month lol. occasionally i get caught by a laggy death ball but escape move out before any real damage is done & proceed to dodge the rest.

Find Cell as a mentor, get Perfect Kamehameha, beat story mode. I recommend using "I am super vegeta!" Z-Soul as well.

Getting Final Flash from training with Vegeta might also be worth a shot, that's what helped me beat them.

patchday

Im playing a namekian and i think i cant use that.
Thanks for the tips.

There's no doubt a few broken z-souls if you're on console. Like "Bhahhaha thanks for the energy". Seems like I'm always full health. But I'm sure that should get patched soon

Nordicus

Agreed. I havent lost to a spammer in nearly a month lol. occasionally i get caught by a laggy death ball but escape move out before any real damage is done & proceed to dodge the rest.
I lost quite shamefully to an SES spammer today, because I was basically suiciding myself by using Psychic Move on a guy with both decent stamina and ki. Whenever the animation of Psychic Move ended, another SES was already hitting me. Would have likely won that match pretty easily too had I simply taken that first SES to the face and given myself some distance to work with and dodge properly. But being stubborn with my evasive skill, and the Z-soul that gives lots of stamina upon taking damage, I was down to near death already when it was my turn to deal damage

lol

I remade my Namekian yesterday cause I fucked up stats, I was buff and using ki blasts. :\

So I fixed that and dumped all my points into ki blast and some into HP. I'm a little over 40 now and with Death Ball every fight has been pretty easy. Though I just died on the presumably final fight. Basically I am pretty tanky, can take 2-3 boss "supers" without dying. I just use Kaioken x3 and spam Death Ball/charge up.

People dog on Namekian but the item boost is really useful, especially when you use the regen items coupled with the autoregen.

Can you use items in PVP? Are there damage boost items?

Steel

Banned
Anyone else notice that Super Ghost Kamikaze attack makes you invunerable? Between it and Kaioken X20's ability to spam angry shout to charge ki and become invunerable I can pretty much stay constantly invulnerable in a match.

lol

I remade my Namekian yesterday cause I fucked up stats, I was buff and using ki blasts. :\

So I fixed that and dumped all my points into ki blast and some into HP. I'm a little over 40 now and with Death Ball every fight has been pretty easy. Though I just died on the presumably final fight. Basically I am pretty tanky, can take 2-3 boss "supers" without dying. I just use Kaioken x3 and spam Death Ball/charge up.

People dog on Namekian but the item boost is really useful, especially when you use the regen items coupled with the autoregen.

Can you use items in PVP? Are there damage boost items?

You know you can just reset stats right?

I lost quite shamefully to an SES spammer today, because I was basically suiciding myself by using Psychic Move on a guy with both decent stamina and ki. Whenever the animation of Psychic Move ended, another SES was already hitting me. Would have likely won that match pretty easily too had I simply taken that first SES to the face and given myself some distance to work with and dodge properly. But being stubborn with my evasive skill, and the Z-soul that gives lots of stamina upon taking damage, I was down to near death already when it was my turn to deal damage

Rip Nordicus (´・ω・`) I will punch the jaw of a ses spammer extra hard for you in that death.

Yeah but isn't there a process? I was only level 20 when I reset and it took me an hour to get back that. No big loss.

And it was the buff thing I wanted to fix mostly.

Yeah that isnt a real loss. you can get to level 80 in 2 hours if you really want to. less if you have an op team. I reset 2 of my chars to fix their stats instead of a potential 4+ hour dragonball grind.

Yeah, get all the dragon balls which takes me a hour or so.

you must have been extremely lucky. I havent heard of one person that got them all in an hour. the last one always takes forever to find for everyone including me lol

Savitar

The Ginyu Force overall proved to be more problematic than Frieza overall.

But then.....it is the Ginyu Force, I mean how can you top them?!

Even got the Captain Ginyu training my character.

Alric

Is there anything in the .ini to keep world damage from disappearing right away? Or is someone going to have to mod that type of stuff in. I want the craters not to disappear right away.

Nordicus

Rip Nordicus (´・ω・`) I will punch the jaw of a ses spammer extra hard for you in that death.
*coughs up blood*

Tsumiya, do not bear a grudge towards those people, they can barely handle a fight without vomiting their stamina out and getting wombo combo'ed to oblivion. Their existence is bad enough already. But there is something I must say...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK Symphonic Destruction! Blegh!

*dies with -50 BP*

Philtastic

So I just did the last couple of PQs and holy crap, I don't know how a non-spammer would comfortably beat those! So much super armour! I think I might start up a human striker to find out and feel true suffering...

Savitar

So how much of the game actually reuses the Dragon Ball Online assets? I had no idea the two were connected but found out the main villains debuted in that and supposedly many assets were taken from there but exactly what got no idea.

Muzicfreq

Banned
So how much of the game actually reuses the Dragon Ball Online assets? I had no idea the two were connected but found out the main villains debuted in that and supposedly many assets were taken from there but exactly what got no idea.

woo I just looked it up and from what I see is there's no assets from that game, more just baseline ideas they worked from.

Jaeger

Look how far we've come, gents.

I'm about to get on this. I have had an almost 100% media blackout, but that breaks today. I don't know much of anything about the game's mechanics, or anything outside of some loose plot knowledge, and that some DLC came out today.

My body is ready.

Nordicus

Look how far we've come, gents.

I'm about to get on this. I have had an almost 100% media blackout, but that breaks today. I don't know much of anything about the game's mechanics, or anything outside of some loose plot knowledge, and that some DLC came out today.

My body is ready.
Welcome. If you're trying to get a physical copy then good luck, you might need it depending where you live.

Jaeger

Welcome. If you're trying to get a physical copy then good luck, you might need it depending where you live.

Explain good sir! Anything to do with server issues I've been hearing about? Does the game perform better with a physical copy or something?

Nordicus

Explain good sir! Anything to do with server issues I've been hearing about? Does the game perform better with a physical copy or something?
No, it's just that it's rare in a lot of places because stores ordered as many as they expected to sell of a bad DBZ game, but we got a great DBZ game instead with word of mouth to boot. You might get a lot of places selling you "dunhaveit". So expect that.

And the server issues are gone for the most part, at least on PC. They put proper population caps on the lobbies to stabilize the servers and the amount of people playing at once isn't as insane as 2 weeks ago.

Edit: So by "you might need it" in previous post, I meant the good luck, not the physical copy

Jaeger

No, it's just that it's rare in a lot of places because stores ordered as many as they expected to sell of a bad DBZ game, but we got a great DBZ game instead with word of mouth to boot. You might get a lot of places selling you "dunhaveit". So expect that.

And the server issues are gone for the most part, at least on PC. They put proper population caps on the lobbies to stabilize the servers and the amount of people playing at once isn't as insane as 2 weeks ago.

Edit: So by "you might need it" in previous post, I meant the good luck, not thephysical copy

Understood. I usually buy my goods from online retailers, but in this case I'm getting the PC version due to the poor-ness factor I'm suffering from.

Nordicus

Okay, what is this tornado bullshit and why is everyone using it in ranked matches?
First I thought you meant Blue Hurricane but I doubt it because it's not that common and avoiding the move is doable even when it surprises you, so it's not super popular. You talk about the move where the character swings their finger left and right and fans the area in front of them with a whirlwind that comboes you? That is Symphonic Destruction, and it's an absolute BS move. Comes out instantly, odd hitbox, huge damage, and gives full on invulnerability rather than super armor.

Top Bottom