• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Nordicus

This video showing off bugs and a lot of dumb bullshit in this game, just spammed an ulti on my sides and destroyed them. It becomes SPLEEENNNNDID starting from 1:25
Interesting build! I guess by default game must give you 3 bars (300) Stamina? So you make one evade move? Wouldn't watching a vid of that build to see the playstyle if you ever get bored one day and make one
Stamina and Ki have natural growth until level 40, iirc. Then you have 400 of both

So for my female Saiyan striker, I'm thinking of going with the following build:

Health: 50
Ki: 25
Stam: 25
Basic Attack: 68
Strike Super: 69

What do you guys reckon? Am I spreading my stats too thin?

Any recommendations for Supers/Ults? I'm currently running Super Saiyan 2 and Spirit Sword for ultimates. Still experimenting with Supers, but I'm currently running Super Dragon Fist, that stamina drain attack, All Clear and Solar Flare.

Alchemy

Super Vegeta 2, I am... Super Vegeta!, and Final Shine Attack is pretty god damn absurd. Can three shot SSJ4 Gogeta in the final PQ of the DLC.

patchday

So for my female Saiyan striker, I'm thinking of going with the following build:

Health: 50
Ki: 25
Stam: 25
Basic Attack: 68
Strike Super: 69

What do you guys reckon? Am I spreading my stats too thin?

Any recommendations for Supers/Ults? I'm currently running Super Saiyan 2 and Spirit Sword for ultimates. Still experimenting with Supers, but I'm currently running Super Dragon Fist, that stamina drain attack, All Clear and Solar Flare.

I'd go with a dude for a Striker build personally since they get some bonus. Maybe its only 1% though for all I know

Nordicus

I'd go with a dude for a Striker build personally since they get some bonus. Maybe its only 1% though for all I know
The difference is considerable, but with Saiyans, males have big advantage with basic attack and basic ki, while females deal better strike super and ki super damage.

So it's not "melee vs ranged" but "basic vs supers"

patchday

This video showing off bugs and a lot of dumb bullshit in this game, just spammed an ulti on my sides and destroyed them. It becomes SPLEEENNNNDID starting from 1:25
Stamina and Ki have natural growth until level 40, iirc. Then you have 400 of both

Thanks!

Started watching the video but just downloaded DLC. It's gonna be too painful watching a video bout the bugs in this game though! I like the way your male saiyan looks

Grr, DLC does not add any new CAC slots. Guess that makes sense though

I'm getting weirdly good with Nappa's 1st variant despite his reaction speed for back attacks being horrendous. Lost only by a tiny bit against my friend twice, and one time I actually won against his long practiced melee CaC. I might know his fighting style a bit too well now
Oh you got that Super 17 z-soul with the Ki recovery on getting hit and attack boost on max ki? The boost on you is really significant, 34%. I think that's double what the Recoome pose gets you

The "increases speed of ki charge" part of Bwahaha increases the Ki you gain from landing melee hits, at least when I tried it before they "patched" it to Godhood.
Yeah the Super 17 soul is really good. I'll probably stick with this one. Only Bwahaha sounds enticing but it doesn't seem to offer anything other than building ki.

Thanks for all the info. :)

Nah, the difference is pretty noticeable. I'm going female simply because I've always wanted to see more female Saiyans in DBZ and that I can't seem to make a male Saiyan/Earthling CaC that doesn't look like a dollar store knock off of one of the canon characters.

Steel

Banned
You guys rock. I made some changes to my skill set and farmed the Super 17 Z Soul and my character plays just how I wanted.

Still experimenting with skills but I'm mostly using Big Bang Attack, DIE DIE to use off combos till I find some other stuff. For ultimates I use Special Beam Cannon and Electric Strike. I like em both.

Really though the Z Soul was what I needed. If I get hit at all, even blocking the bars add up fast and I often have full ki in PVE. I tried a couple of others, namely the auto charge android ones and they don't work quite as fluidly. The other one I might try is the nerfed Bwa Ha Ha...

Does anyone know how the first part of that soul works? "Increases speed of ki charge" does this mean when you do basic attacks?

Good to hear. DIE DIE is defintiely a good one, activates pretty quickly has tons of range and a wide area of attack and can be used during physical combos if timed right, it also does pretty good damage. As for the auto-charge android souls, they're really only good with earthling characters to enhance their already good auto-charge.

Does the DLC have a really weird ending... like a cliff hanger? I'm super confused.

It has a "there will be more DLC ending".

Nordicus

Thanks!

Started watching the video but just downloaded DLC. It's gonna be too painful watching a video bout the bugs in this game though! I like the way your male saiyan looks
Errr, not my character. Not my video either, just something that I found on reddit and it slayed me.

My only Saiyan character is a tiny blue lady who's going to have an all-pink moveset eventually. Going to tweak her in the image of my Guild Wars 2 mesmer
Yeah the Super 17 soul is really good. I'll probably stick with this one. Only Bwahaha sounds enticing but it doesn't seem to offer anything other than building ki.

Thanks for all the info. :)
The "Bwahaha thanks for the energy" soul does give a seemingly minor lifeleech on any hit but it adds up and is not dependant on having full Ki reserves. Assuming you're not on the consoles where the Z-soul's apparently still broken.

No problem, making builds is a somewhat fun part for me
Oh snap! So that is how it works
Only with saiyans. With humans it actually is "melee vs ranged" and with Majin it's "HP vs speed and damage"

So, there's a scan floating around that reveals most of DLC Pack 2's content and when it's coming out, I would post it but you know the rules about scans:

-Pan as a Master
-2 PQs
-More Time Patrol Quests (continues the GT story)
-Eis, Nova, Towa, and Mira are the new playable characters
-22 new moves
-Towa's and Mira's clothes for your CaC (that's all it shows but it says etc. so there's likely more costumes than just these two)
-Comes out at the end of the month

Much more content in terms of skills and characters but less quests overall compared to Pack 1.

Disappointed they are selling Towa and Mira but it is what it is...
It makes me glad I didn't get the season pass since none of those characters really interest me.

I guess Demigra is confirmed for DLC 3 since he has a leaked voice clip talking to Piccolo and Majin Buu and it's been confirmed we'll also be getting Jaco as well.

If they can make a Naruto game like this with NUNS graphics then it would be amazing. Fans love putting themselves in fictional universes.

I wonder what the chance of DLC after the Season Pass are.

Be great if they did a Season Pass 2 that tackled content from the movies and resurrection F.

Cooler
Gold Freiza
Janemba
Hatchiyack
never happening

NeonZ

There are DLC costumes for Resurrection F confirmed for Japan (ticket prizes or something). I guess we'll see some Resurrection F content in the third pack. If you think about it - even moving Jaco to that pack fits with that, since Jaco is appearing in the movie.

Welfare

Pack 3 should also have Omega Shenron, Super Frieza, Tarble, and maybe Teen Goten and Trunks from the end of Z (or even what they might look like in Resurrection F)

Maligna

Banned
11043401_10200522669187181_7223922966892058168_o.jpg

Be great if they did a Season Pass 2 that tackled content from the movies and resurrection F.

Cooler
Gold Freiza
Janemba
Hatchiyack
never happening

Yeah it would be nice to see extended support for this instead of immediate focus on a sequel. Some Time Patrols/PQs from the new movie would be very welcome.

Muzicfreq

Banned
In celebration for DLC day my new figure came in.
Ordered from here<--

$20 figure you say? Quality must not be that great.... Till I opened and felt the heft to it and this

More angles of it can be found >>HERE<<

Oh my. it's so tall of an image it rotated it and shunk it down. ummm oops

Will be posting my Bulma figure when it comes in tomorrow. I must thank the person who asked some pages back what the wind rider outfit was even from. Found some awesome figures when I goggled it.

Steel

Banned
Pack 3 should also have Omega Shenron, Super Frieza, Tarble, and maybe Teen Goten and Trunks from the end of Z (or even what they might look like in Resurrection F)

Omega shenron is already in this DLC. It's the extra boss of the first new paralell quest.

Muzicfreq

Banned
oh so glorious when I whip someone's ass online after a few losses and finally decide to use my actual character.
Usually ends with me being kicked
I do not use overpowered Z-souls either. lol

Durden77

The way they did the Dragon Balls in this game is such shit. A much better way of doing it would be to give you a dragon radar, and on random PQs it would detect one, and you'd have to go find it in the world.

That would make more sense, and allow me to actually keep playing PQs the way I want to while naturally getting Dragon Balls. Instead of fucking restarting PQ 12 over and over. Ugh. Kind of the main reason why i haven't bought the season's pass. The Dragon Balls are my main concern right now, so it sucks that they're holding me up.

Okay, does the Cell Z Soul "What a Handy Miscalculation..." give the non-flinch bonus at the get go, or only once you recover from the KO? I want to know if it's even worth getting.

Carcetti

I'm totally in love with this game and I haven't even ever watched or read Dragon Ball, and got it on a whim.

I could use a few tips on building my character though. I'm female Saiyan, trying to do a ranged ki build. Which supers should I aim at and what kind of stat spread?

Nordicus

oh so glorious when I whip someone's ass online after a few losses and finally decide to use my actual character.
Usually ends with me being kicked
I do not use overpowered Z-souls either. lol
Nappa has become my weighted clothing. If I could just remember to use his Super Guard more often...

I'm totally in love with this game and I haven't even ever watched or read Dragon Ball, and got it on a whim.

I could use a few tips on building my character though. I'm female Saiyan, trying to do a ranged ki build. Which supers should I aim at and what kind of stat spread?
Nice to see that you're enjoying it! You want minimum of 70 on Ki supers and Ki by level 80. Remaining points in Health and Stamina, preferrably more of those remaining points goes towards Health, because the female saiyan has the smallest HP bar in game. They have the smallest basic melee damage by a big margin too, so the only time you want to fight melee with them is when you're lacking the Ki or stamina currently to use any knockback supers or evasive skills.

With ki blast supers, there's just so many and I haven't really tried a lot of them so I can't really help you on that. A lot of them have their specific uses and it's up to you whether it suits your playstyle. Go get mentored by Cell, I guess. Gravity Impact can send nearby enemies flying, Perfect Shot damage and stun is just gross, and Cell's Perfect kamehameha is unblockable and with the right Z-soul gives immortality during its use. Rather slow to fire though.

However, Trunks' "Change The Future" 4lyfe
cCWQ1Xa.gif

Now, Imagine that instead of a rock, that is a Super Spirit Bomb

Tsunamo

So, there's a scan floating around that reveals most of DLC Pack 2's content and when it's coming out, I would post it but you know the rules about scans:

-Pan as a Master
-2 PQs
-More Time Patrol Quests (continues the GT story)
-22 new moves
-Towa's and Mira's clothes for your CaC (that's all it shows but it says etc. so there's likely more costumes than just these two)
-Comes out at the end of the month

Much more content in terms of skills and characters but less quests overall compared to Pack 1.

Disappointed they are selling Towa and Mira but it is what it is...
I appreciate that they're doing more characters, moves and costumes for the second DLC but once again it feels like it feels short in terms of missions to do. If you have the content that's great, but if you don't have much new to play with it doesn't feel that great to me.

Hopefully the final pack will have more PQ's included.

Cooler
Gold Freiza
Janemba
Hatchiyack
never happening
I still feel like they might possibly chuck in Resurrection of Freeza in the final DLC due to the movie already showing in Japan and the US by then. What else is there other than the movies or another original scenario for the game with time being disrupted somewhere else? (similar to what they did with the secret saga)

Jaeger

I just started playing (PC) yesterday, but from the videos I really like Mira. He is very cool, and one of the few non-manga villains I like. Glad to see he will be playable (although wtf for it being DLC, and not something available from the start).

Carcetti

Nappa has become my weighted clothing. If I could just remember to use his Super Guard more often...

Nice to see that you're enjoying it! You want minimum of 70 on Ki supers and Ki by level 80. Remaining points in Health and Stamina, preferrably more of those remaining points goes towards Health, because the female saiyan has the smallest HP bar in game. They have the smallest basic melee damage by a big margin too, so the only time you want to fight melee with them is when you're lacking the Ki or stamina currently to use any knockback supers or evasive skills.

With ki blast supers, there's just so many and I haven't really tried a lot of them so I can't really help you on that. A lot of them have their specific uses and it's up to you whether it suits your playstyle. Go get mentored by Cell, I guess. Gravity Impact can send nearby enemies flying, Perfect Shot damage and stun is just gross, and Cell's Perfect kamehameha is unblockable and with the right Z-soul gives immortality during its use. Rather slow to fire though.

Thanks! I never even realized different sexes have that kind of meaningful stat differences. Wonder if that has something to do with how I only see Goku clones and those little lizard guys in online lobbies.

Nordicus

Thanks! I never even realized different sexes have that kind of meaningful stat differences. Wonder if that has something to do with how I only see Goku clones and those little lizard guys in online lobbies.
I'd guess all those Goku clones are Super Saiyan ulti spammers, which is not optimal because male saiyans have horrible super damage compared to female. They just wanna be Goku

The little lizard guys, Frieza Clan, that might be more minmaxy. Frieza clan is the fastest race in game, and being shorter only makes them faster (though less health). They also have that stunning standard ki blast, and their movesets make for some comfy infinites.

Forkball

Anyone else can't find multiplayer stuff? I search and most of the time, no rooms pop up. There are tons of people in Tokitoki, what's everyone doing?!

Also which is better, Super Saiyan or Super Vegeta?

Nordicus

Also which is better, Super Saiyan or Super Vegeta?
Small differences of melee vs ranged. You could say standard SS is better because it ups defense against all damage, not just ki-based

This is from The Big Numbers Guide
Super Saiyan:
2% to basic attacks, 1% to basic ki shots
2% to strike supers, 1% to ki blast supers
Reduces all damage taken by 10%.

Super Vegeta:
1% to basic attacks, 3% to basic ki shots
1% to strike supers, 3% to ki blast supers
Reduces Ki damage taken by 10%.

Super Saiyan/Vegeta: +10% to Ground, Air, Step Dash and Dash speed/distance.

Super Saiyan 2:
5% to basic attacks, 2% to basic ki shots
5% to strike supers, 2% to ki blast supers
Reduces all damage taken by 10%.

Super Vegeta 2:
2% to basic attacks, 5% to basic ki shots
2% to strike supers, 5% to ki blast supers
Reduces Ki damage taken by 10%.

Super Saiyan 2/Vegeta 2: +15% to Ground, Air, Step Dash and Dash speed/distance.

I think it would be nice if they added Pan's outfit as like a female melee outfit since most the outfits cater to Ki builds and the gender specific gear has males with melee and females with ki

Yeah that'd be nice. I'd also like the option to buy more outfits (even at exorbitant prices) than relying on drops. Fashion DBZ is serious business.

Anyone else can't find multiplayer stuff? I search and most of the time, no rooms pop up. There are tons of people in Tokitoki, what's everyone doing?!?

This happens to me all the time. But when I create a room, I get participants almost immediately - at least on Player Matches and Endless Battles. Sometimes PQs take a while.

Meant to quote this earlier...I like his "disguise."

Towa and Mira being DLC pisses me off to no end but I'll fucking bite *grumble grumble*

Nordicus

Towa and Mira being DLC pisses me off to no end but I'll fucking bite *grumble grumble*
I'd be similarly annoyed if it weren't for Mira, the only one of the two who has a moveset of sorts, copying all of it from already existing characters. His story mode version is basically a placeholder

patchday

Hm, reading the Big numbers guide (posted above)

• Super Saiyan / Super Vegeta doesnt grant as big of a bonus as I thought. But actually it's good damage when used over multiple attacks or probably multiple hits from death ball, etc
  • I don't understand the numbers for clothes. So when wearing full Bardock set I wonder how much bonus I get to strike and basic attack?

Philtastic

Small differences of melee vs ranged. You could say standard SS is better because it ups defense against all damage, not just ki-based

This is from The Big Numbers Guide

Wow, really useful info. Those gender and weight differences are insane! I guess I'll only really care about this for pvp but no wonder my female saiyan of middle weight was doing so little damage with basic attacks when I was experimenting with not using ultimates (a huge 32% less damage than male saiyans plus 17% less than heaviest characters)! All those percents really add up.

I might need to rethink my new female human striker... at the very least, up her to the heaviest weight.

Nordicus

• I don't understand the numbers for clothes. So when wearing full Bardock set I wonder how much bonus I get to strike and basic attack?
Let's see what it says:
Gear isn't as straightforward. Gear is the last thing to come into consideration before your final total is given. Items that change stats work by multiplying the stat for each item separately.
Health: + (*1.002) - (*0.998)
Ki and Stamina: + (*1.01) - (*0.99)
Other stats: + (*1.007) - (*0.993)

For Health the formula is:
Health x (1 +- Arrows x 0.002)
For Ki and Stamina :
Stamina/Ki x (1 +- Arrows x 0.01)
For everything else it's:
Stat x (1 +- Arrows x 0.007)

This means that a +2 item followed by a -2 item will not yield a net gain of 0, but something different.
So, the plusses and minuses from each item are multiplicative with each other.

+1 in Basic Attack or Strike (or blast) super means +0.7%. +2 means +1.4% and the full +5 is +3.5%

Adding 4 pieces of Bardock gear together, all of which have +5 in strike supers and attack, are calculated like this:

1.035 * 1.035 * 1.035 * 1.035 = 1.035^4 &#8776; 1.148, so 14.8% total boost.

Bardock items have negative -5 for Blast supers, and every arrow gives a -0.7% penalty, so -3.5% each item

0.965 * 0.965 * 0.965 * 0.965 = 0.965^4 &#8776; 0.867, so 13.3% total penalty from set

Sephzilla

I kind of wish there was an option to either take all of the bonuses/negatives of clothing, or be able to eliminate all of the stat tweeks in general (so you don't get any negatives but don't get any bonuses as well). All of the clothing I'd actually like to wear usually has negatives on Ki Supers.

patchday

@Nordicus, Thanks!!!!! Wow had no idea clothes had such a huge impact

It's unfortunate the armor have stats associated with them. It really limits what people can wear which takes away one of the biggest bonuses of making our own characters!!

They should have a player/ranked match mode only for DB characters, one for Created, and one with all.

Yep, the hosting options we have right now is simply unforgivable. Just no options given to hosts

Steel

Banned

Well, since you're early on, I'd get Ginyu or Vegeta as a trainer. Vegeta will give you a good ultimate for story mission's/paralell quests: Final Flash and a handful of other decent ki based moves. If you have the paralell quest avaiable that gives you Big Bang attack, that is one of the better long ranged moves. Functions as a shield before you shoot it, has really long range and pretty decent damage/area of effect.

The reason why I suggest Ginyu is only for one move, Milky Cannon. When you're making a ranged ki build, you need a move that keeps the enemy at range, and Milky cannon functions as a knockback shotgun, a defensive mine to protect you while you charge your ki, and an area effect bomb. The range is short to medium depending on how long you hold it for, but regardless of how long you hold it it gets out there quickly and does really decent damage. It's a good way to get enemies away from you or deal with a group.

Beyond that, I'd say you should experiment with what you can find, there's a lot to choose from. There are a few moves that have similar function to milky cannon, but you really need some kind of knockback shotgun to successfully pull off a ranged ki blaster.

Top Bottom