• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Maligna

Banned
What level should I be to take on the DLC story missions? I'm not making a dent in the GT great ape fight, while they are no problem for me any other time I fight them.

Sephzilla

What level should I be to take on the DLC story missions? I'm not making a dent in the GT great ape fight, while they are no problem for me any other time I fight them.

I swear the GT Great Ape fight is broken or something. Half the time my ultimates, despite clearly hitting him, don't even drain his Ape-shield thing at all. Other times I put a big dent in it.

Maligna

Banned
I swear the GT Great Ape fight is broken or something. Half the time my ultimates, despite clearly hitting him, don't even drain his Ape-shield thing at all. Other times I put a big dent in it.

Yes, I've been experiencing the same thing. I thought I was under leveled.

patchday

Yeah the great Ape was a tough one. I still haven't unlocked the 'secret' 3rd mission from DLC. You guys know how? I know it exists cause I've done it online. But not unlocked for me offline. I reckon there is some condition I did not meet in the other two DLC PQs

Alchemy

Hm, reading the Big numbers guide (posted above)

• Super Saiyan / Super Vegeta doesnt grant as big of a bonus as I thought. But actually it's good damage when used over multiple attacks or probably multiple hits from death ball, etc

The big benefit I've found is for Final Shine Attack. You can hold the Ultimate for a really long time with free KI blasts, and it racks up silly damage.

Respect

Plus the good old Ocean dub takes me back.

This inspired me to go check out some Ocean dubs and yeah, it does bring back memories...back when I would get pissed because the show would restart just as it was starting to ramp up with the Frieza saga.

I only remembered Vegata's voice (think the guys name was Drummond - think he did a really good job). Was disappointed when they finally dubbed and brought over the remaining episodes and they didn't have the original English dubs. The new voices grew on me overtime but going back and re-listening it was fun remembering how Goku/Krillin/Gohan all sounded before. Also the guy who originally voiced Recoome did a good job, he was a little goofy, but serious enough to not be overly silly.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Wow. My photo album I started on flicker for figures I'm going to buy is doing extremely well for just having Pan up with 7 pictures. Maybe I should really set up some some kind of image station for future figures.

Oh and BTW guys, Panty is no more and was replaced by Gumy. Just got future trunks z-soul....... Stamina for days I swear. It regens ultra fast... Hmmm on a namekian it might even be better :D

OptimusLime

This inspired me to go check out some Ocean dubs and yeah, it does bring back memories...back when I would get pissed because the show would restart just as it was starting to ramp up with the Frieza saga.

I only remembered Vegata's voice (think the guys name was Drummond - think he did a really good job). Was disappointed when they finally dubbed and brought over the remaining episodes and they didn't have the original English dubs. The new voices grew on me overtime but going back and re-listening it was fun remembering how Goku/Krillin/Gohan all sounded before. Also the guy who originally voiced Recoome did a good job, he was a little goofy, but serious enough to not be overly silly.

I feel like the Ocean dub was best for early DBZ, and Funi for the characters when they were older. Sean Schemmel's performance when Goku went SSJ3 the first time was brilliant. But I still love the Ocean KAIOKENs from World's Strongest by Peter Kelamis as a younger Goku.

Nordicus

I only remembered Vegata's voice (think the guys name was Drummond - think he did a really good job). Was disappointed when they finally dubbed and brought over the remaining episodes and they didn't have the original English dubs.
I preferred Brian Drummond as vegeta. Maybe not always for the acting, but that voice, that voice was like concentrated wrath and treachery. Chris Sabbat's makes him sound more like a wannabe tough guy, which he kinda is, but I don't like hearing that aspect of Vegeta

OmegaDL50

I preferred Brian Drummond as vegeta. Maybe not always for the acting, but that voice, that voice was like concentrated wrath and treachery. Chris Sabbat's makes him sound more like a wannabe tough guy, which he kinda is, but I don't like hearing that aspect of Vegeta

It was even more contrasting when you go from hearing this low waspy kind of voice in one episode and the next this super gruff voice. I was like, whaa!?.

It was really jarring at the time.

Respect

Yeah, it was one of main attributes that made him my favorite character was just how Drummond pulled off his voice, he just sounded like a badass. And being a typical teenager at the time...being a badass was awesome.

Uthred

Picked up the game, seems pretty fun, one thing I'm wondering about, sometimes a combo ends with a knockback and sometimes it doesnt, seemingly without much intervention from me. Am I just muffing the inputs or are knockbacks akin to critical hits?

patchday

Wow. My photo album I started on flicker for figures I'm going to buy is doing extremely well for just having Pan up with 7 pictures. Maybe I should really set up some some kind of image station for future figures.

Oh and BTW guys, Panty is no more and was replaced by Gumy. Just got future trunks z-soul....... Stamina for days I swear. It regens ultra fast... Hmmm on a namekian it might even be better :D

By any chance remember the name? Curse you guys. I'm going to be constantly farming cause yall keep finding good stuff

At least the super-17 z-soul I knew about from looking at it in the mix shop. But I don't feel like farming the prereq skills for it again. I used the prereqs to build "Bhahaha Thanks for the Energy". The share the same android z-soul base

Respect

Picked up the game, seems pretty fun, one thing I'm wondering about, sometimes a combo ends with a knockback and sometimes it doesnt, seemingly without much intervention from me. Am I just muffing the inputs or are knockbacks akin to critical hits?

Knockbacks are at the end of some combos, there's also charge/heavy attack for a knockback and ki blast+heavy for a knockback. If you have 2+ stam bars and hit X (not sure on xbox) you will teleport behind your knockbacked target so you can continue a combo. Or you can just pursue regularly and try to follow with an super attack to continue the assault.

Revven

Pan is a melee monster, good lord. Her damage for her melee is not half bad, lots of hits but the damage is really good (from what I've been playing of her). And her huge Ki and Stamina bars (relative to other characters) helps her stand out from many other original characters.

Only downside seems to be that her Super Kamehameha does poor damage relative to her other ultimate, Maiden Blast, which is actually a pretty amazing close-range ultimate. And I'm not really a huge fan of her options for her supers (other than Kamehameha which is the only one I've found a way to combo into from her strings).

GT Kid Goku is alright. I think if you want to play him you have to be really melee focused because none of his alternates have a high Ki bar -- that means SSJ or SSJ3 need to be used to boost his melee damage, not to spam supers/ultimates. After all, his Super Spirit Bomb takes too long to use -- by the time you activate it and throw it you'll have 1 bar of SSJ left... when you could be using that time to deal tons of melee damage instead.

The Z-Soul he has really boosts Super Spirit Bomb's damage though, it's kind of nutty. Makes him probably the preferable option to utilize or leverage SSB's tracking and damage. Any other Goku with SSB does so much less damage and only because GT Kid Goku has the Z-Soul that activates when you use SSB.

Nordicus

Pan is a melee monster, good lord. Her damage for her melee is not half bad, lots of hits but the damage is really good (from what I've been playing of her). And her huge Ki and Stamina bars (relative to other characters) helps her stand out from many other original characters.
Oh yeah, I've seen Pan in action in PvP and she actually has some serious damage potential

Maligna

Banned
For those of you who got Pressure Sign from Vegito in PQ47, how long did it take you? I've been playing that mission for 3 hours straight for the past 3 evenings with no results. It's super boring but I need that skill to make my ultimate strike character.

Nordicus

Hmm, had my friend watch my ranked PvP sessions today, and I actually wanted to get beat up badly, preferrably by somewhat same ranked players, but I lost only once in like 10 matches. Also, I think Arm Crash might be a hard counter to that pose combo where you don't flinch or get damaged until your opponent has expended all your stamina. If so, then OHMYGOD. I will need to test that.

For those of you who got Pressure Sign from Vegito in PQ47, how long did it take you? I've been playing that mission for 3 hours straight for the past 3 evenings with no results. It's super boring but I need that skill to make my ultimate strike character.
It took me way less than that, afraid to tell you. Either RNG is totally fucking you or treated me really well that time. Probably did 3 hours total on that. Mainly with a group of randoms

Maligna

Banned
It took me way less than that, afraid to tell you. Either RNG is totally fucking you or treated me really well that time. Probably did 3 hours total on that. Mainly with a group of randoms

Rrrrgh. It wouldn't be so bad besides the fact that Vegito appearing also relies on RNG...

Kinsei

Banned
Are all of the guides that state the way to get the ultimate finish on PQ5 you need to finish the mission in under 5 minutes wrong, or does whether or not Nappa show up rely on RNG? I've been doing this mission for the last 20 minutes and he hasn't appeared.

Revven

Rrrrgh. It wouldn't be so bad besides the fact that Vegito appearing also relies on RNG...

That's what everyone hates, the RNG within RNG. It makes quite a lot of skills annoying as fuck to get. Like, for example, to get Rebellion Spear in PQ 50 you have to pray that you get to go to Planet Vegeta and then you have to pray that when you kill Bardock he'll drop it.

Then there's PQs where you have to get an Ultimate Finish to get a skill. PQ 54 is atrocious with it because x100 Big Bang Kamehameha is the skill in that PQ that requires you to get an Ultimate Finish -- so you have to pray you get to fight Gotenks, Vegito, and revived Broly and then you have to pray it will give it to you after completing it.

Just annoying and brings down the game quite a few pegs. They really didn't need to make you redo PQs over and over again for this stuff. It should just drop based on the ranks you get in each PQ.

If they did a system like that then something like x100 Big Bang Kamehameha would require you to get a Z rank to get it instead of this RNG bullshit. At least then all you'd have to deal with is one RNG gate (the hidden requirement activating).

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
qbJbevM.jpg

Calcium

Banned
Finished up the Frieza Saga today. I'm really loving this game, especially after getting the ability to go Super Saiyan. I played for about 4 hours today and managed to get both Super Saiyan and all 7 Dragon Balls. Pretty damn lucky run.

Philtastic

Anyone know if the weight and gender damage modifiers are additive or multiplicative? That would make a huge difference if additive.

Muzicfreq

Banned
By any chance remember the name? Curse you guys. I'm going to be constantly farming cause yall keep finding good stuff

At least the super-17 z-soul I knew about from looking at it in the mix shop. But I don't feel like farming the prereq skills for it again. I used the prereqs to build "Bhahaha Thanks for the Energy". The share the same android z-soul base

Might as well...
comes from 2nd Event PQ (DLC) Small But Strong!

Might as well...:
GT Trunks' Z-Soul. Equipping the Soul increases movement speed. Also, a large inscrease to Ki and Stamina recovery gained.

Ki >>>>+
Strike Supers >>>>+
Ki Blast Supers -<<

Savitar

I was surprised to hear Cell remark my character was a frost demon earlier as I heard that was a name people called the race but since the creator didn't want to name them it was just a fannon type thing.

Philtastic

Tl;dr - The biggest factor for being melee or a ki user is the weight. The differences between male and female mostly just colour your style of play (eg. female saiyans will want to use supers and ultimates more).

The gender&race damage numbers are base, not modifiers

As far as I can see from how everything is worded, every damage number listed is a modifier of some base damage which appears to be normalized to Nemekians (they are consistently closest to 1.0 at level 80). Literally, the values are labelled as eg. "Level 80 physical attack multipliers for each race".

I just ran some numbers to see if it made much of a difference if weight and race modifiers were either multiplicative or additive and it didn't seem to make much of a difference. For fun, then, here's an example of the huge difference between a non-equipped level 80 heavy-weight male saiyan and a mid-weight female saiyan's basic attack damage treated multiplicatively:

The weight modifiers would be 1.0 and 0.833 and the basic attack modifiers are 1.323 and 0.901 respectively. Let's pick an arbitrary base damage value of 100.

If the modifiers are multiplicative, we would simply multiply the damage with both modifiers. In this case:
Male saiyan damage = 100*1.0*1.323 = 132.3
Female saiyans damage = 100*0.833*0.901 = 75.0

That's a difference of 57.3 points of damage. The heavy male saiyan is doing 57.3/75 = 76.4% more damage per basic melee attack than a mid-weight female saiyan.

If we even it up a bit by having both as heavy-weights, that difference becomes 132.3-90.1 = 42.2 where the male saiyan is now doing 42.2/90.1 = 46.8% more damage.

Although that looks bad for female saiyan melee, the strike super modifiers are reversed for saiyans such that female saiyans have a 1.2 modifier while males have 0.901 where females would be doing 33% more damage, thus it would actually be possible to do a competitive heavy female saiyan striker if you mostly used supers/ultimates rather than basic combos. I should note that this also applies to ki supers/ultimates so the better (probably best) spammer is a female saiyan.

For humans, the differences between male and female melee is much smaller. With a weight difference (I'm calculating the mid-weight female damage because I personally prefer the thinner female model):
Male human = 100*1.0*1.2 = 120
Female human = 100*0.833*1.141 = 95
The heavier male is doing 25/95 = 26.3% more damage.

This gap narrows almost entirely if both are at the heaviest weight with a difference of 120-114.1 = 5.9 or only 5.2% more damage. Given the strike super modifiers of 1.323 males vs. 1.141 females, male strikers would be doing only 15% more damage than females with strike supers/ultimates, thus a heavy female human striker is quite viable.

For Majin, females always do slightly more damage (~5-10%) than males and are significantly faster but males have 30% more hp.

Really hope they remove or at least minimize the racial and gender stat differences. While I can appreciate wanting different races to have notable differences between each other, I would prefer just being able to play and customize a character however I want to.

Nordicus

For Majin, females always do slightly more damage (~5-10%) than males and are significantly faster but males have 30% more hp.
The guide lists adding points to Health in attribute points as being a simple additive +10 to HP every point. With both male and female going full tank with 100 points in Health at level 80, male will only have 14.5% more HP

Muzicfreq

Banned
The guide lists adding points to Health in attribute points as being a simple additive +10 to HP every point. With both male and female going full tank with 100 points in Health at level 80, male will only have 14.5% more HP
Is this also counting max height?

Nordicus

Is this also counting max height?
Aah right, forgot that. The guide doesn't say whether height would affect +hp you get with Health attribute points, but considering it seems to be a clean 10, I assume it does not work like that.

With max height (the values in guide are with 2/4 height option), the difference between 2 tanky majins is 15.3%

OptimusLime

I did 7 PQs tonight and all I have to show for it is a pair of the stupid announcer's glasses. This is quite maddening, I play games to escape from the daily grind, not grind more.

Philtastic

I was using this table to come to that conclusion which doesn't consider hp stat scaling:
Racial Max Health Values (0 in health AP)
Male Majin - Level 80 = 1282.7
Namekian - Level 80 = 1197.2
Human Male/Female - Level 80 = 1106
Male Sayan - Level 80 = 1026.2
Female Majin/Frieza Race - Level 80 = 992
Female Sayan Level 80 = 969.2

Does anyone else that plays PC get bad lag online?

I get hitching and desync/freeze in a lot of games. I can't tell if it's my connection or not. I have no issue in any other games, I can stream fine too.

I've had so many PQs break on me cause of the desync. Me or other people will get frozen in place, mobs won't spawn, etc. I know this game is buggy, but just curious if other people on PC get this.

SCChappy

Banned
Has anyone else notched that when doing Super Spirit Bomb as SSG Goku that he'll slip into his Japanese voice during the attack? I'm on English voices, so I'm not really sure why it does that.

Revven

Has anyone else notched that when doing Super Spirit Bomb as SSG Goku that he'll slip into his Japanese voice during the attack? I'm on English voices, so I'm not really sure why it does that.

It's normal, they didn't swap the Japanese audio for the English one.

^^^^^Amazing

I just took my basic/Ki blast Namekian into pvp for the first time, lol. Was a 2v2 and I carried. Never went below 95%. I didn't check their levels though.

I'm only like level 62 so, was fun, lol. Namekian's throw is so good.

Also the Namekian combo that starts with 11111 spam. It's a launcher, is very, very, very good at setting up ranged Ki. Big Bang and DIE DIE always hit off of it. Special Beam usually does as well.

It's great cause you do damage, knock them away and it gives you room to breathe/charge up if you need to.

OmegaDL50

So if I didn't pick a Ki based build during creation is there another way I can obtain a manual Ki charge ability?

Because I'm starting to get all of these new Ki blast attacks. Hell I found the Weekend ultimate to be my go-to finisher and the the lack of option of being able to power up my Ki manually is starting to take it's toll when I could really use it.

So if I didn't pick a Ki based build during creation is there another way I can obtain a manual Ki charge ability?

Because I'm starting to get all of these new Ki blast attacks. Hell I found the Weekend ultimate to be my go-to finisher and the the lack of option of being able to power up my Ki manually is starting to take it's toll when I could really use it.

Buy maximum charge at the shop

Top Bottom