• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
No idea. I thought stamina and ki would prevent infinites to begin with, but what do I know.

You might not be able to get a true "infinite" but in PQs and story quests you can chain combos high enough to hit "Z" hits (100+) which will kill large numbers of PQ and Story bosses. Often your combo gets broken by scripting (people going into their next form, new people showing up ,etc) before you can kill them.

Generally to do the infinite stuff you need Super Saiyan (or SSJ2) (maybe other races can do it too, I've only done it with Sayians) which makes your supers/ultimates not cost Ki for a limited time. Depending on your build that transformation time will often be enough to win if your Gear/Z-Soul work together to boost whatever move you're spamming (Death Ball is a popular choice).

EDIT: Beaten.
But note this isn't really effective in PvP. People are smart enough to dodge. NPCs aren't.

BHK3

Banned
alot of the english voices in xenoverse just sound...off, like they weren't given any direction and just told to read the lines directly

Everything in the game sounds very phoned in, especially ones like Cell. I just put jap voices on so I don't have to hear everyone being medicore, think the actors are just sick of it at this point or something.

SCChappy

Banned
Everything in the game sounds very phoned in, especially ones like Cell. I just put jap voices on so I don't have to hear everyone being medicore, think the actors are just sick of it at this point or something.

oh god cell
he sounds so bizarre

Steel

Banned
This is ridiculous... They STILL haven't dropped.

I know that feeling. Was grinding for Super spirit bomb for a long time, then I pick up a friend to do it with him, he gets it first. Same thing happened when I went for Hellzone Grenade. And at this point everyone I play with has gotten Super Electric strike when I was trying to get it. I really hate that I've been going whole play sessions without getting anything new at all.

Maligna

Banned
I know that feeling. Was grinding for Super spirit bomb for a long time, then I pick up a friend to do it with him, he gets it first. Same thing happened when I went for Hellzone Grenade. And at this point everyone I play with has gotten Super Electric strike when I was trying to get it. I really hate that I've been going whole play sessions without getting anything new at all.

Can we trade items? I'll GIVE you Electric Strike if you can give me Pressure Sign.

So I need one Dragon Ball.

I tell my friends about the PQ's to easily get it.

They need more than 1 Dragon Ball to make a wish.

Both friends are able to make two wishes before I can get one Dragon Ball.

Based RNG systems.

Steel

Banned
Can we trade items? I'll GIVE you Electric Strike if you can give me Pressure Sign.

I wish. I actually have pressure sign too. Ha...

Though you can give each other sucky Z-souls and clothes.

So I need one Dragon Ball.

I tell my friends about the PQ's to easily get it.

They need more than 1 Dragon Ball to make a wish.

Both friends are able to make two wishes before I can get one Dragon Ball.

Based RNG systems.

Oh god, had the same exact thing happen to me multiple times. God I hate the RNG in this. I have a friend who has gotten the dragonballs 9 times while I'm still 1 ball away from my second, and we've played about the same amount.

The Jpn voices are just as guilty. Since people such as Wakamoto hasn't given his A game to Cell in ages. I mean compare his original Z performance to Kai and the recent video games.

He sounds bored a lot, and I can tell that the english voice director is directing the English cast to stick to similar inflections that the JPN cast is giving out

I guess it's just harder for you to tell when it isn't your native language but its pretty clear that both voice casts are tired of the yearly Z game release schedule.

Maligna

Banned
Finally! Fucking finally! Pressure Sign is mine after 5 days of grinding. Do I even want to bother with Burst Rush at this point? Does Pressure Sign make it redundant?

Nordicus

Damn, have to grind PQ 25 to get the Z-soul ingredient I need for my obnoxious stamina-draining build. Back to the mines I go!
Finally! Fucking finally! Pressure Sign is mine after 5 days of grinding. Do I even want to bother with Burst Rush at this point? Does Pressure Sign make it redundant?
While I never used Burst Rush that much, it doesn't make it redundant. Compared to specialized counters, Pressure Sign has an issue of counter window vs animation length. With counters like Change The Future and God Breaker, what you see is what you get, you counter every attack of their preferred type for the entirety of the animation. Pressure Sign counters for like the first half or 2/3 of its animation, the remaining duration you're simply stuck there posing and someone can just come and punch you with no counter. Not usually a problem against ranged because when a ki blast is in the air, there's no stopping it and you can time it easily, but with melee you have to either have lightning reflexes or try to punish predictable behaviour, so you're eventually going to make bad calls. If the opponent holds back as you're posing for the counter with Pressure Sign, in melee range you're in a bit of trouble.

Like, my friend already caught on that I would often pose against a dash attack. He dashes at me without attacking, I reactively pose, he waits a second and then grabs me as my counter window has ended.

The second weakness compared to proper melee counters is that it does nothing to keep the opponent still and force them to take the damage like the others do. I've had friends time their jump so the kick would miss, and other times Just Guard it.

So in the end, it's not complete 100/100 in terms of melee/ranged counter effectiveness, but more like 50/90

Mephala

Get at least to level 40, stock up on regen capsules rather than instant heals because the total heal amount is greater and you're suffering from a bunch of little damage over time.

What I did with my saiyan just now (not Super, mind you), was doing a dash combo against the enemy, get to the phase of the combo where I teleport once and knock them away, and then I'd fire a Galick Gun after the target, which would usually hit multiple targets because the other Buus are following me after the teleport and step right into the beam.

Then whenever I had enough Ki, ulti. After killing 4-5 small Buus the mission ends. That mission is notoriously tough, so don't worry about your skills because of it

Ah yes, I actually beat this mission with a similar strategy.

I guess I should have asked my question better. Sometimes when I'm doing missions my character becomes covered in blood after taking some beatings. Sometimes it happens quickly but other times it doesn't happen at all. What determines if the appearance changes or not?

Ah yes, I actually beat this mission with a similar strategy.

I guess I should have asked my question better. Sometimes when I'm doing missions my character becomes covered in blood after taking some beatings. Sometimes it happens quickly but other times it doesn't happen at all. What determines if the appearance changes or not?

The "beat up" appearance? Far as I can tell it's from low health.

Oh god, had the same exact thing happen to me multiple times. God I hate the RNG in this. I have a friend who has gotten the dragonballs 9 times while I'm still 1 ball away from my second, and we've played about the same amount.
You know you love it broo

stop being so jelly ;)
The. Worst.

Let's see how the DBX GODS are to me tonight.

EDIT: Friends, I can confirm that I am now a proud owner of the two-star Dragon Ball. ty.

Omni

I got two dragon balls from system tonight. Yesterday I had one too. Strange

Also I finished the DLC. I think. Anyone know when the next one comes out? It kinda ended abruptly so I suppose the next DLC will continue the GT storyline

Savitar

Fighting against two or more Super Saiyans really isn't much fun. Having one doing an ultimate attack and then the other doing one as well is pretty much the god smack of gaming. Especially when they end up doing another following it. It's like pinball and your the ball.

Sylver

Banned
4KbJr7i.jpg

zHbNGmZ.jpg

VkEiUHV.jpg

i67zd2u.jpg
Finally unlocked all characters!!! :D

bobawesome

Sweet, the full Vegito set is mine. Were the pieces supposed to drop each time with no repeats or did I just get extremely lucky? I only played PQ 49 4 times.

See I thought Cell was fantastic. Especially his "Ayup, that was a good warmup" and "Kame-hame-HAAAAAAAAA!"

Cell has one of the best VA performances in the game, though the best stuff is hidden in his mentor lines (That line about hugging is the single best line in the entire game) and some of the in battle dialogue he gets with certain characters (Vegeta in particular)

The DLC is out, right? Haven't played much since Episode Duscae/Type-0 dropped.

Steel

Banned
That sad moment when you realize that, despite selling off a lot of hercule badges in the past, you have over 80 of them. And have only gotten all the dragon balls once.

Philtastic

Fighting against two or more Super Saiyans really isn't much fun. Having one doing an ultimate attack and then the other doing one as well is pretty much the god smack of gaming. Especially when they end up doing another following it. It's like pinball and your the ball.

Super Guard and Change the Future/God Breaker really help against this as well as having an escape move that relocates you, such as Instant Rise. Also, when you get hit by an ultimate and can't escape, just let yourself fall afterward rather than recovering right away which will possibly make the next ultimate miss.

I recorded a video awhile ago that showed what you can do with Super Guard and Instant Rise against AI ultimate spam while attempting to do PQ32 without ultimates and only melee skills on my non-melee female saiyan (basically, the worst character to do this on. The only way this would be worse would be if she were light weight rather than mid). Since then, I've unlocked Change the Future, and it's amazing for dealing with spam of all sorts.
https://youtu.be/ZpikwoAgOyk?t=10m45s

D-Pad

Trunks has the worst line deliveries in the game. I blame that on the horribly written dialog though.

"History... Is changing..."

That sad moment when you realize that, despite selling off a lot of hercule badges in the past, you have over 80 of them. And have only gotten all the dragon balls once.

There's no need to complete a mission if you don't get a Key Item, you know. Just hit Retry.

Cell has one of the best VA performances in the game, though the best stuff is hidden in his mentor lines (That line about hugging is the single best line in the entire game) and some of the in battle dialogue he gets with certain characters (Vegeta in particular)

The DLC is out, right? Haven't played much since Episode Duscae/Type-0 dropped.
Frieza's VO really sells his desperation when facing Saiyans.

"What?! You're a Saiyan too?!"
Trunks has the worst line deliveries in the game. I blame that on the horribly written dialog though.

Yeah... In the story, there is one line from Trunks where he actually says some small thing, I think it was "Yes" or something, completely without his Trunks gravelly voice. It was so weird.

Steel

Banned
There's no need to complete a mission if you don't get a Key Item, you know. Just hit Retry.

I generally just finish when I find a time patroller, but you're right.

"Then they must be terrible people!!!" Is my favorite terrible line from trunks.

Scirrocco

Got the time shards so fast, basically one after another. Can't wait to do Bardock and Broly missions

Be prepared for pain. The first bardock mission is probably the hardest in the game. He just dies so fast and you have to kill so many people, and then fight Frieza. I found it literally impossible on my strike based namekian. I had to level a saiyan just to beat it. Beam spamming really seems like he only way to do it. If you have the z soul "why you!!!" It will be your best friend. Try to get more then one enemy in a shot if possible.

N° 2048

Be prepared for pain. The first bardock mission is probably the hardest in the game. He just dies so fast and you have to kill so many people, and then fight Frieza. I found it literally impossible on my strike based namekian. I had to level a saiyan just to beat it. Beam spamming really seems like he only way to do it. If you have the z soul "why you!!!" It will be your best friend. Try to get more then one enemy in a shot if possible.

Also going to have some of those capsules that regen team mates health, thanks for the tips!

I got two dragon balls from system tonight. Yesterday I had one too. Strange

Also I finished the DLC. I think. Anyone know when the next one comes out? It kinda ended abruptly so I suppose the next DLC will continue the GT storyline

I got two yesterday as well. So then I had duplicates of a few balls. Then when I summoned the dragon (with like 9 total balls), I had 0 left over. Go figure.

Nordicus

The VA seems to have fun with his lines. What Cell's english VA says in-battle often differs from the subtitles in greater degree than it tends to happen with other characters.

"Unlike me, your make is quite cumbersome..."

becomes

"Hmph, you see, the difference between you and me isssss, that I have the cells of all the finest warriors, and *you*, well you're just... you"

I generally just finish when I find a time patroller, but you're right.

"Then they must be terrible people!!!" Is my favorite terrible line from trunks.
The winner still is "W-what? Father?! FATHER IS GINYU! No. I mean... Ginyu is father?"

Combination of horrible line and bad delivery.

patchday

Also going to have some of those capsules that regen team mates health, thanks for the tips!

Strike user - Wall of Defense + Blue Hurricane
Ki Blast user - Wall of Defense + Giant Bomb/RecomeUltimateBomber

that mission is Cake when you bring the right tools to finish the job!

Philtastic

Which is why I love games that let you freely change your skills since then the developer can come up with situations that force you to think about how you're playing and modify your approach. Or, at the very least, you can mix things up if you're getting bored.

Philtastic

Just tried to do PQ47 Super-Super Ultimate Series of Battles! solo and without ultimates. Did fine up until you have 3 super saiyans on you (Vegeta, Kid Trunks, and Future Trunks) and my conclusion is that it's impossible because they're just too fast, combo off of each other too well, and, even if you get an opening, they just use their escape move: you really need some way to crowd control them, whether by having some allies or using ultimates to do lots of damage while blowing one or two of them away while you deal with the others.

1 vs. 2 is alright, even 1 vs. 3 non-saiyan seems okay but 1 vs. 3 super saiyans is insane.

Edit: Same with PQ54 Saiyan Warriors: fine up until the end where it's 1 vs. 3 super saiyans that just combo the hell out of me.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Recoome Ultimate Bomber? Where can i get that?

DedValve

Banned
attempt number 42 on trying to get the "I'm okay!" drop from quest 47 in order to complete Gohans training.

I...grow weary of doing one of the most difficult quests again and again, retrying everytime videl doesn't drop the goddamn item and even if I did I'd have to fight Vegeta and Goku's spamehameha.

My fucking god just drop! I want to move on in masters already!

KHlover

Banned
attempt number 42 on trying to get the "I'm okay!" drop from quest 47 in order to complete Gohans training.

I...grow weary of doing one of the most difficult quests again and again, retrying everytime videl doesn't drop the goddamn item and even if I did I'd have to fight Vegeta and Goku's spamehameha.

My fucking god just drop! I want to move on in masters already!

So Vegeta isn't the only master who wants a Z soul from you? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom