• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Nordicus

Anyone knows where I can find Beerus mentor btw? He never appears for me.
Have you completed Goku's mentorship? Because that's a requirement
It's disappointing that my female Majin's hair clips through a few of her race-specific outfits. It's especially noticeable while wearing the Dynamic Strong Suit.
It's also disappointing when the race-specific capes still clip through male majin's body.

Gohans is awful. AWFUL.

You gotta fight

lolYamcha, tien, piccollo

Krillin, Android 18

lolHercule, Videl, majin buu

Trunks, Kid Trunks, Vegeta

Goten, Gohan, Goku

SSJ3 Goku

Optional

Gotenks

Vegeto

You go through all that shit.

Videl may, MAY, drop an item (she won't) then you gotta go through the rest of that shit. Btw Goku and Gohan only spam ultimates, they seemingly never run out of Ki.

I can now take care of them thanks to electric strike spam but that still involves going through a tedious process of reaching videl, not getting an item and restarting.

I've done this all day today and yesterday. Imma give in and choose a different master. Fuck this RNG.

EDIT: Gave it one more try. Got nothing. Choosing whoever I see next as my master until they can patch out an RNG that doesn't totally blow ass.

I know (part of) this pain. I am still low level to finish it even once thanks to that gohan goku ultimate stunlock crap.

DeaviL

Banned
What are all the ways to get Dragon Balls?
I've completed the story, made another character that's lvl40 now and i've been actively looking for Dragon Balls through all of this.

I've found a grand total of three...

DedValve

Banned
Just a note here, if you beat Videl and don't get an Equip drop you can restart the mission. Thats how I did it.

I mentioned this in my post. Thats what I've been doing for dozens and dozens of time before giving up.

Screw fighting the 3 spammers at the end constantly.

Edit: for dragonballs spam PQ12 I believe, the ginyu force one where Freiza is a secret boss.

When you start the quest just look around for a time patroller (he spawns in the same position everytime), if you don't see him in the first area keep retrying until he spawns. Then if you beat him be aware if you got material item or key item. If you got key item that means you got a dragonball, if not, retry.

Prepare to retry 1,000,000,000 for the chance of 1 dragonball =D

Steel

Banned
What are all the ways to get Dragon Balls?
I've completed the story, made another character that's lvl40 now and i've been actively looking for Dragon Balls through all of this.

I've found a grand total of three...

The ways to get Dragonballs?

1. Kill a time patroller and get lucky.

2. Murder a Time Patroller and get lucky.

Or

3. Obliterate a Time Patroller and get lucky.

patchday

I feel like getting this simply because I have no fighting games (just KI and JL)

But after reading some comments I'm second guessing it. Sounds like a lot of grinding and cheap CPU tactics (unlimited ultimates)

If you want to play it like a traditional fighting game you can. You don't have to grind for anything. Just use the characters you unlock (Goku and his numerous variations and many other characters). Some very good players appear to use those.

Horrible RNG system comes into play when you want to gather dragonballs to unlock the extra Dragonball GT characters. I'm not a GT fan so I don't worry bout unlocking them. They are strangers too me utterly

[edit] RNG comes into play for custom characters bigtime though if you want to make custom builds

What's a good build for a female saiyan melee oriented? I plan on getting her to lvl 80 today? I just need to know how to do the attribute points its confusing to me in this game because I found out you shouldn't be trying to balance your stats.

KHlover

Banned
I mentioned this in my post. Thats what I've been doing for dozens and dozens of time before giving up.

Screw fighting the 3 spammers at the end constantly.

Edit: for dragonballs spam PQ12 I believe, the ginyu force one where Freiza is a secret boss.

When you start the quest just look around for a time patroller (he spawns in the same position everytime), if you don't see him in the first area keep retrying until he spawns. Then if you beat him be aware if you got material item or key item. If you got key item that means you got a dragonball, if not, retry.

Prepare to retry 1,000,000,000 for the chance of 1 dragonball =D

Nah Dragon Ball 1-5 have a reasonable drop rate, never spent more than 10min each on those. Dragon Ball 6&7 tho? Horrible, easily spent 1-2 hours each on those every time I collected the Dragon Balls (3x so far iirc) :(

Unrelated to that it's really amazing how much of a difference correctly distributing your Skill Points make. On my first character I had trouble clearing 3-4* PQ on LV25 because I wasted stat points in in Health, Basic Attack and Constitution (?) without ever focusing on them. Now both with my Friezaling (Ki) and male Earthling (Physical) I just dumped all Stat Points in that respective stat and am effortlessly able to finish PQ 52&53 at that level, in case of the DB collection mission even beating Broly twice. Strike of Revelation is suuuper useful for that as a brawler :D

Ingeniero

I'm thinking of buying this game. I used to be a big DBZ fan as a kid.
How long is this game approximately? Are the side quests good?

patchday

Wasn't the story quoted to be 8-10 hours. Side quests can be up to 100 hours I've heard quoted. Because there is a random roll element that determines whether you get the item or not from that Parallel quest. Too me, the quests are quite excellent. I can do them over & over and there is always that "one thing" I want to acquire

The random loot seems to vary anywhere from 80% to much lower depending on how overpowered the item is (guessing, I don't have data to back this up)

But there is no weekly caps. So provided you have the time, you can acquire whatever you want. I think I acquired everything I wanted by now. Just being greedy at this point and collecting all the extra items. Great game for "loot collectors".

Probably not a good game for folks that absolute abhor grinding or RNG. But must buy for DBZ fans

It's fun!

Oh snap you purchased the game! I remember you were "on the fence" awhile back. Good you are enjoying it as well!

patchday

Btw, if anyone on PS4 interested in farming Pressure Sign (Vegito skill) with me please add me:

sandboxgod

Apologies for double post (a lot of time has passed since my last post so hope not against rules)

[edit] Just got it! Just ran a few rooms til I landed on the skill. Looks like that took an hour. Playing on my Namekian. Just made sure I brought enough capsules to keep these random players in my room alive. Wish I knew why players refuse to use capsules to heal themselves. So cheap! Oh well, my namekian gets a 1.5x bonus and I'm loaded with Zeni

Nordicus

I noticed a rather curious bug. On PC version, the "Thanks for the energy" z-soul stops proccing the health recovery entirely if the person is hit with one of those slowing attacks from the possessed characters. I wonder if it'll work on other z-souls...
Wish I knew why players refuse to use capsules to heal themselves. So cheap! Oh well, my namekian gets a 1.5x bonus and I'm loaded with Zeni
Yeah, I don't get that, healing items in the game are stupidly cheap by the time you reach PQs where using them would be somewhat necessary. But boy, they sure are happy to use items in duels!

Revven

I got super lucky just now. I was playing the 2nd DLC PQ (the one where you fight Pan, GT Trunks, and GT Kid Goku) and after many attempts at trying to get the Ultimate Finish with randoms I got paired up with two others who actually knew what the UF requirements for it were. As a result, not only did I get the UF (it was my first UF for that mission today) but I got Super Spirit Bomb. So, now I no longer have to play that mission lol.

And that was literally my first UF with it today -- I got soooo lucky. RNG is practically on my side... except for Hellzone Grenade's drop... I still haven't gotten that one and I've played it over 30-40 times by now. :/

I got super lucky just now. I was playing the 2nd DLC PQ (the one where you fight Pan, GT Trunks, and GT Kid Goku) and after many attempts at trying to get the Ultimate Finish with randoms I got paired up with two others who actually knew what the UF requirements for it were. As a result, not only did I get the UF (it was my first UF for that mission today) but I got Super Spirit Bomb. So, now I no longer have to play that mission lol.

And that was literally my first UF with it today -- I got soooo lucky. RNG is practically on my side... except for Hellzone Grenade's drop... I still haven't gotten that one and I've played it over 30-40 times by now. :/

Our luck seems to be reversed. I've UF'ed that GT mission countless times and still haven't gotten Super Spirit Bomb, but got Hellzone Grenade the first time I did that mission.

Speaking of RNG, I've been thinking of double dipping and getting the PC version for glorious 60FPS and to play with some friends on that system, but the idea of grinding for all this stuff again is giving me nightmares.

Philtastic

I'm currently at 95 hours played and still enjoying it. I've mostly just played it solo and have only done 1 PvP match against a highly underleveled character that challenged me for some reason.

As noted above, the story is roughly 8-10 hours and the Parallel Quests add a lot of time to that. I think that your mileage will vary depending on how much of a completionist you are in wanting to unlock skills and costumes, how much you like some pretty unbalanced (but completely counterable) PvP, or whether or not you are creative in setting your own gameplay rules or styles (eg. not ultimate spamming, trying out both melee and ranged or a mix, playing with set characters with pre-determined moves, some of which are unique to those characters and cannot be unlocked for your created character).

patchday

Our luck seems to be reversed. I've UF'ed that GT mission countless times and still haven't gotten Super Spirit Bomb, but got Hellzone Grenade the first time I did that mission.

Speaking of RNG, I've been thinking of double dipping and getting the PC version for glorious 60FPS and to play with some friends on that system, but the idea of grinding for all this stuff again is giving me nightmares.

[edit2] Removed my reply. Just not sure if it conformed with GAF policy. Sorry.

Sending Private message

patchday

Grats! I got Super Spirit Bomb on 1st try. Wasn't even trying to farm it. Was just trying to progress through the DLC content

Everyone check their gifts. I got two Dragon balls from the System :S

That's the third I've gotten from them,

Yeah what's up with that? I only need 1 more dragonball to make another wish for my female majin!!! I want to respec her from Melee into Ki blasts. Because looking at the data, she might be more effective for that. Not sure though- so far shes been more successful in "Player matches" then my other characters. I think because I gave her a crap load of Hit points and she hits like a frieght train upclose in 1v1

Problem is most Majin specific skills seem long range (ki blasts). I only have found like 1 strike skill for majin and its ok

Yeah, thought we learned our lesson about that from GT

Huh, I should give Dragonball GT a chance. Maybe I'll resub to Funimation streaming service and see if they have it

N° 2048

Anyone know why I am getting the same Time Patroller in PQ 2 and Explosion on Namek PQ?

Same Time Patroller and always Material.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
CAv20t_W8AA0rjA.jpg:large

Finally got this move!

patchday

@stan_marsh, No idea! Sounds like a stingy patroller too.

Okay just uploaded a video to youtube on how to farm Dragonballs fast. Maybe I just got super lucky. Just farmed my last Draognball in just a few short mins in the PQ #12 instance (two tries)

You don't have to watch the video unless you want to see my L67 Namek stomp on lowbie NPCs because I will list the steps here:

• If you havent already, join the multi-lobby and 'Favorite' two overpowered Level 80 players. Make sure they have super good z-souls. Not sure if they increase drop rates (I doubt it) but they will be Level 80 no matter what. Even if you're lower level! The good news is you can disconnect from multi-lobby and go right back into your single lobby! I farm dragonballs offline to make sure server doesnt disconnect me!
  • Pick Broly's Z-soul, "You will be my first victim" so you will have MAX KI
  • Go into PQ #12.
  • If you dont see a Patroller at game start, hit 'retry'
  • If you see a patroller. go fight him. Your npcs might kill him before you will. Quick and easy. They are like perfect, silent assassins
  • If patroller does not drop the dragonball. Hit 'Retry'. You are looking for the text, "You received a key item"

I got my last dragonball on 2nd try. Never seen that before. Going to make a wish and then maybe try again

Tamanon

Banned
I picked the game up to play with some buds on Friday night. Kinda annoying how much you have to go through to unlock multiplayer, and then have to play more to get characters. But it seems pretty fun so far. Really need to learn more intricacies of the combat though. Won't have time to play much until week after next, but glad I picked it up as it looks gorgeous on PS4.

prateeko

I picked up the game from BB today. It's just the regular edition (not Day 1). There's also the Day 1 at a local GS but at full price (I paid $40 after GCU at BB) so I was wondering if it's worth the difference?

Muzicfreq

Banned
I picked up the game from BB today. It's just the regular edition (not Day 1). There's also the Day 1 at a local GS but at full price (I paid $40 after GCU at BB) so I was wondering if it's worth the difference?

a $20 difference? HECK NO all it gives is SSJ4 Vegeta and 2 super basic saiyan armor outfits, 1 in all silver and the other in full gold

The ways to get Dragonballs?

1. Kill a time patroller and get lucky.

2. Murder a Time Patroller and get lucky.

Or

3. Obliterate a Time Patroller and get lucky.

Is that the way , because i've murdered so many time pattrollers already and i didn't even know they were dropping dragon balls , lol

Steel

Banned
Finally got this move!

Too bad the move is terrible unless you're in a 1v1, and even then it's mediocre.

Basically, the move stuns the opponent then slashes. Cool right? Except here's the problem, if you miss the initial hit, it doesn't do the follow up, if you get hit while prepping the move, you have no shield and are broken out it, if the enemy uses an evasive move, it stops the ultimate.

I went through the pain of getting that move thinking it'd be a decent physical ult. Boy, was I wrong.

Speaking of, anybody know of any good physical ults? I got the meteor throwing one, spirit sword, blue hurricane, and victory rush and they're all extremely flawed.

patchday

Too bad the move is terrible unless you're in a 1v1, and even then it's mediocre.

Basically, the move stuns the opponent then slashes. Cool right? Except here's the problem, if you miss the initial hit, it doesn't do the follow up, if you get hit while prepping the move, you have no shield and are broken out it, if the enemy uses an evasive move, it stops the ultimate.

I went through the pain of getting that move thinking it'd be a decent physical ult. Boy, was I wrong.

Speaking of, anybody know of any good physical ults? I got the meteor throwing one, spirit sword, blue hurricane, and victory rush and they're all extremely flawed.

I fear you answered your own question. Blue hurricane works good on NPCs and I've just seen a good player match (as spectator) where the champ used it to good effect in pvp

Note I dont have all the strike ultimates. just the ones you listed. Justice combination is the one from Gohan mentor. It misses a lot too

Is that the way , because i've murdered so many time pattrollers already and i didn't even know they were dropping dragon balls , lol

You have to finish them off with an ultimate attack in order to get two drops from them. If the second drop says "got key item" you'll get a dragonball when you complete the mission.

I fear you answered your own question. Blue hurricane works good on NPCs and I've just seen a good player match (as spectator) where the champ used it to good effect in pvp

Note I dont have all the strike ultimates. just the ones you listed. Justice combination is the one from Gohan mentor. It misses a lot too

That is in fact almost all the Strike Ults anyway.

KHlover

Banned
Wow seems like half the people in PVP don't know about back attacks. Playing a Freiza race character right now and it's soooo satisfying to hit characters who teleport behind me with the back of my fist without even looking at them.

Melpontro

Nordicus

Sadly all strike ultimates outside Victory Rush and Blue Hurricane (and maybe Paralysis but good luck hitting that) are easy to escape from with a simple Evasive Skill. You have to analyze your opponents stamina before using Justice Combination and Spirit Sword, the 2 moves that I use on my striker Majin because they're easy to combo into
Wow seems like half the people in PVP don't know about back attacks. Playing a Freiza race character right now and it's soooo satisfying to hit characters who teleport behind me with the back of my fist without even looking at them.
I KNOW RIGHT? One of the reasons why my Nappa's win rate seems to be 80+% in player matches is because, though his moveset slow, his back attack has massive reach and enemies will just walk into it. It's the same turning, sweeping kick that humans have, except Nappa is surprisingly tall so it hits way further back.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

So I wasted my time...?

patchday

So I wasted my time...?

I stopped using it almost as soon as I got it

But yeah I always preview the moves I pursue first on the series character it belongs to. For instance, that skill belongs to Vegito and its no better on him :(

Huh, been competing with my Female Majin. Maybe I bring out my Frieza to play at some point :)

KHlover

Banned
I stopped using it almost as soon as I got it

But yeah I always preview the moves I pursue first on the series character it belongs to. For instance, that skill belongs to Vegito and its no better on him :(

Huh, been competing with my Female Majin. Maybe I bring out my Frieza to play at some point :)

I don't know if it's functionally the best back attack, but it definitely has the coolest animation :D

I know about this technique but can never really pull it off for some reason.

Nordicus

I know about this technique but can never really pull it off for some reason.
It's nothing complicated, not even context-sensitive.

Practice it by going into a local battle, offline battle, or maybe even a PQ area where enemies have been defeated. Do an attack combo at the air, and in middle of it, hold the left analog stick (or wasd) towards your character's back as you're tapping the attack button.

You can also do it without a preceding combo but it's marginally trickier because you'll sometimes simply turn and attack if you're not pressing the direction and attack at same time. Within a combo the back attack buffers more easily

martino

I released some early versions of my first few Xenoverse mods, incase anyone here is interested.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h53t6nxqb2e26t5/Melpontro+Pack+1.7z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5oPbBAd_h8
Included is an early version of Time Breaker Bardock, Future Gohan, Nappa with hair, and SSJ4 Gohan.
I plan on updating all these to be less broken once the tools are further developed.
Feel free to PM me any feedback, or requests you might have.

Most class version of gohan spotted ! i need it!

It's nothing complicated, not even context-sensitive.

Practice it by going into a local battle, offline battle, or maybe even a PQ area where enemies have been defeated. Do an attack combo at the air, and in middle of it, hold the left analog stick (or wasd) towards your character's back as you're tapping the attack button.

You can also do it without a preceding combo but it's marginally trickier because you'll sometimes simply turn and attack if you're not pressing the direction and attack at same time. Within a combo the back attack buffers more easily

This may explain it. I was always pressing "down" on the stick (for some reason I was thinking of that as "back"). I'll try it tonight!

OptimusLime

Yay, completed the story mode at level 51! I crafted a Z-soul called "Bwahaha...got you!" that gives me ki when I get punched. Between that, SSJ2, and Final Flash I was unstoppable!

I was going to catch up on PQs, and grind PQ12 some more for Vegeta Freza Saga pants, but Id rather play
the Bardock and Broly missions now
. So how do I unlock them?

Top Bottom