• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Scirrocco

attempt number 42 on trying to get the "I'm okay!" drop from quest 47 in order to complete Gohans training.

I...grow weary of doing one of the most difficult quests again and again, retrying everytime videl doesn't drop the goddamn item and even if I did I'd have to fight Vegeta and Goku's spamehameha.

My fucking god just drop! I want to move on in masters already!

Yeah it's total vs.

Are you doing it online? Yeah you can't just restart when it doesn't drop but at least you know you'll always be able to finish and you can get a chance at pressure sign.

I literally just got mine about five minutes ago, abd that's how I did it.

DedValve

Banned
So Vegeta isn't the only master who wants a Z soul from you? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gohans is awful. AWFUL.

You gotta fight

lolYamcha, tien, piccollo

Krillin, Android 18

lolHercule, Videl, majin buu

Trunks, Kid Trunks, Vegeta

Goten, Gohan, Goku

SSJ3 Goku

Optional

Gotenks

Vegeto

You go through all that shit.

Videl may, MAY, drop an item (she won't) then you gotta go through the rest of that shit. Btw Goku and Gohan only spam ultimates, they seemingly never run out of Ki.

I can now take care of them thanks to electric strike spam but that still involves going through a tedious process of reaching videl, not getting an item and restarting.

I've done this all day today and yesterday. Imma give in and choose a different master. Fuck this RNG.

EDIT: Gave it one more try. Got nothing. Choosing whoever I see next as my master until they can patch out an RNG that doesn't totally blow ass.

D-Pad

Someone approved that Parallel Quest. Number 47. Somebody played it and said, "oh yeah this one's okay. in fact let's force the player to solo it. and attach a required master drop to it... god I love our rng system"

Holy shit, didn't know that about Gohan's requirements. That's completely absurd.

And I thought I was getting frustrated trying to get the last piece of Beerus's clothing for several hours...

KHlover

Banned
Oh god this is embarassing. I played this game for about 30h and just now find out that you can Zoom out on the Dragonball radar by klicking the Right Stick. Suddenly Dragon Ball missions are so much more enjoyable ;-;

Welfare

Oh god this is embarassing. I played this game for about 30h and just now find out that you can Zoom out on the Dragonball radar by klicking the Right Stick. Suddenly Dragon Ball missions are so much more enjoyable ;-;

I only figured this out thanks to Angry Joe's stream.

And it seems he gave up on reviewing the game. His next one is Hardline.

Scirrocco

One of the reasons I'm glad I bought on steam because I Know sooner or later someone will find a way to hack the game and either kill the rng or just give ourselves the items we want. Saves are all stores locally so they're vulnerable. And since this isn't a loot based game it won't even matter much.

KHlover

Banned
One of the reasons I'm glad I bought on steam because I Know sooner or later someone will find a way to hack the game and either kill the rng or just give ourselves the items we want. Saves are all stores locally so they're vulnerable. And since this isn't a loot based game it won't even matter much.

I won't directly give you a link (idk if bannable), but you'll find what you want with this search pretty quickly

"xenoverse savegame hex edit"

SnowHawk

I'm only 2 masters away from completing them all and one more character to unlock. I still need to get the auto patrol trophy so if you see a blue majin named sheik please use her. Thank you.

Maligna

Banned
attempt number 42 on trying to get the "I'm okay!" drop from quest 47 in order to complete Gohans training.

I...grow weary of doing one of the most difficult quests again and again, retrying everytime videl doesn't drop the goddamn item and even if I did I'd have to fight Vegeta and Goku's spamehameha.

My fucking god just drop! I want to move on in masters already!

Can you gift Z-Souls to people? Pretty sure I have three of those.

Nordicus

My friend's new melee-oriented ki blaster character was kicking the crap out of me, until I got better and better at anticipating Gravity Impact and now I'm often Just Guarding it.

But now when I Just Guard it, he follows up with instant Tyrant Lancer when my screen's still green from Gravity Impact..... fuck. That's a whole new level of speed I need to fight against. Burter would be jelly
Can you gift Z-Souls to people? Pretty sure I have three of those.
Any Z-souls of rarity 1 or 2

I think the voice actors struggled due to the sheer number of lines in this game. It sounds like these people didn't really know the context behind each line as a result. I mean, the voicework in Battle of Gods is pretty great.

At least Cell's VO seems to be having a lot of fun, and Beerus actually sounds pretty well done compared to the rest of the cast. Trunks is awful, but his voice has always been terrible.

WHAT ???This is ... HUGE

like i didn't know that ... now i can do the drgaon ball missions ( i'm always missing one )

Holy shit, didn't know that about Gohan's requirements. That's completely absurd.

And I thought I was getting frustrated trying to get the last piece of Beerus's clothing for several hours...
You've actually gotten a piece of his clothing? :O

I need to stop doing that mission online, lol. Either Beerus doesn't spawn or some idiot turns in the dragon balls too soon. The worst.

You've actually gotten a piece of his clothing? :O

I need to stop doing that mission online, lol. Either Beerus doesn't spawn or some idiot turns in the dragon balls too soon. The worst.

Yeah I have the pants, bracelet things, and like three pairs of boots. I would gift an extra to you but apparently they aren't giftable for some stupid reason.

But yeah I always groan when I'm doing this PQ online and someone collects the balls haha.

English voice acting in the whole game is awful not to mention the typos and the engrish sentence structure with awkward pauses during the cutscenes.

I expect playing it in Japanese is a really good experience if you speak the language.

They should of hired a writing team for the whole English version of the game and redone the whole thing and synced it up.

Well, in any case, as someone that gleamed a tiny bit of enjoyment from select parts of GT, it's nice to see it repped with some story content at least. Cool to see them explain GT as an alternate timeline, too.

Edit:
Time Patrol Trunks said:
I guess this is what grown ups have to deal with.

YOU ARE A GROWN ASS MAN TRUNKS WTF

How do I advance my training with a master? I started with picole and I'm a few missions in, he just spews non sense and doesn't ask for anything or offer a mission.

Savitar

You use their move they give you and bring them on missions you do too.

It can take a bit of time but seldom too long before they teach you something new.

You use their move they give you and bring them on missions you do too.

It can take a bit of time but seldom too long before they teach you something new.

Oh that explains why I've been stuck on piccolo for 2 weeks, I hate all the moves he gave me, rofl. I guess I'll start using them.

bobawesome

I'm finally level 80 with my main character and got the ultimate Majin armor. I'm quite pleased with the way my character looks now. Man...even with Bloodborne so close I can't imagine abandoning this game for quite a while.

Oh wow, I didn't know this either. Thanks for sharing. I've played for much longer than 30 hours so don't feel embarrassed at all!

I'm finally level 80 with my main character and got the ultimate Majin armor. I'm quite pleased with the way my character looks now. Man...even with Bloodborne so close I can't imagine abandoning this game for quite a while.

Oh wow, I didn't know this either. Thanks for sharing. I've played for much longer than 30 hours so don't feel embarrassed at all!

Haha, I didn't figure this out either on the first mission to find 3 dragon balls until I ran out of time and looked it up on the gamefaqs forum.

Savitar

Oh that explains why I've been stuck on piccolo for 2 weeks, I hate all the moves he gave me, rofl. I guess I'll start using them.

Yeah there are a lot of horrible moves but do a few missions (not sure if higher or lower makes a difference) and it'll be done with. Eventually you'll get something good out of it.

Steel

Banned
Anyone know the hidden requirements for PQ: small but strong?

Kill Pan last. She's annoying as hell, but don't hurt her.

Haha, I didn't figure this out either on the first mission to find 3 dragon balls until I ran out of time and looked it up on the gamefaqs forum.

My friend and I thought it glitched out. Just as we were deciding to close app to exit, he just launches an ultimate in frustration and uncovers it.

Uthred

I dont really mind RNG but layers of it are a little obnoxious when you want one thing. If they simply patched it so stuff triggered 100% when conditions were met that would take care of my only real problem with the game.

patchday

Anyone knows where I can find Beerus mentor btw? He never appears for me.

I rarely use the skills I'm given. I just bring the mentor to offline PQs with me

Luftwaffle

Neo Member
Do you actually need to use the supers your masters teach you to get to the next "level" with them? I'm kinda confused on how to get to the next level quickly. I've been stuck on level 2 with Vegeta for the longest time now. Wondering if that's cause I actually don't use Finish Breaker that much.

Edit: just noticed someone else asked basically the same question a few posts above. I'll give the answers a try.

Also does anyone know how Blue Hurricane works? I used it a bunch of times and it doesn't really seem to do anything, even if I move it around. Is it actually doing damage to enemies?

Philtastic

Also does anyone know how Blue Hurricane works? I used it a bunch of times and it doesn't really seem to do anything, even if I move it around. Is it actually doing damage to enemies?

You need to move yourself on to enemies. You'll know that you hit them because the game will stutter, make a 'hit' sound with a white slash lighting up on the enemy, and the enemy will get thrown up into the air closer to where your body is inside the hurricane. You can then chain hit them for a ton of damage if you can keep them in the hurricane. The hurricane is widest where your body is so it helps if you start it while the enemy are in the air. It takes a bit of practice but is absolutely devastating if you can get them trapped.

Do you actually need to use the supers your masters teach you to get to the next "level" with them? I'm kinda confused on how to get to the next level quickly. I've been stuck on level 2 with Vegeta for the longest time now. Wondering if that's cause I actually don't use Finish Breaker that much.

Edit: just noticed someone else asked basically the same question a few posts above. I'll give the answers a try.

Vegeta is a little different. You have to get the "i'm the strongest on earth" Z soul and bring it to him.

Alchemy

Gohans is awful. AWFUL.

You gotta fight

lolYamcha, tien, piccollo

Krillin, Android 18

lolHercule, Videl, majin buu

Trunks, Kid Trunks, Vegeta

Goten, Gohan, Goku

SSJ3 Goku

Optional

Gotenks

Vegeto

You go through all that shit.

Videl may, MAY, drop an item (she won't) then you gotta go through the rest of that shit. Btw Goku and Gohan only spam ultimates, they seemingly never run out of Ki.

I can now take care of them thanks to electric strike spam but that still involves going through a tedious process of reaching videl, not getting an item and restarting.

I've done this all day today and yesterday. Imma give in and choose a different master. Fuck this RNG.

EDIT: Gave it one more try. Got nothing. Choosing whoever I see next as my master until they can patch out an RNG that doesn't totally blow ass.

Just a note here, if you beat Videl and don't get an Equip drop you can restart the mission. Thats how I did it.

SCChappy

Banned
I beat the story mode and finished Super Saiyan Bargain Sale on my first try. Starting a female earthling oriented towards ki blasts now.

PreFire

I feel like getting this simply because I have no fighting games (just KI and JL)

But after reading some comments I'm second guessing it. Sounds like a lot of grinding and cheap CPU tactics (unlimited ultimates)

Welfare

I feel like getting this simply because I have no fighting games (just KI and JL)

But after reading some comments I'm second guessing it. Sounds like a lot of grinding and cheap CPU tactics (unlimited ultimates)

Grinding is an issue.

Unlimited ultimates aren't a worry unless you're facing a late game PQ with the bastard race.

BHK3

Banned

few cpus spam ultimates, your biggest issue will be super armour on cpus and them spamming nonstop evasive moves that will eat your health bar away.

bobawesome

It's disappointing that my female Majin's hair clips through a few of her race-specific outfits. It's especially noticeable while wearing the Dynamic Strong Suit.

Top Bottom