• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

N° 2048

Yay, completed the story mode at level 51! I crafted a Z-soul called "Bwahaha...got you!" that gives me ki when I get punched. Between that, SSJ2, and Final Flash I was unstoppable!

I was going to catch up on PQs, and grind PQ12 some more for Vegeta Freza Saga pants, but Id rather play
the Bardock and Broly missions now
. So how do I unlock them?

Bardock and Broly sagas can be unlocked by collecting time shards. To get those shards, you need to do the following:

Get one from quest 3 in the Demigra Saga
Speak to Recon after story mode is complete
Get an Ultimate Finish in Parallel Quest 49 (Random chance to drop)
Get an Ultimate Finish in Parallel Quest 14 (Goku’s SSJ is very random to trigger) or 18 (Random chance to drop)
Get an Ultimate Finish in Parallel Quest 2 or 21 (Random chance to drop)

On another note, this damn last Dragon Ball won't show.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
2015-03-23-363.png

Lagamorph

Wouldn't mind some input on my character from peeps.

At the moment I've got a Level 41 Saiyan who I'm focusing on mainly Ki Supers/Ultimates (Yeah yeah, cheap I know but that's what I love about DBZ). I use basic attacks to sometimes charge Ki and just to stop the enemy attacking me, or to combo into a super/ultimate.

My stars at the moment are as follows,

Max Health - 35
Max Ki - 35
Max Stamina - 0
Basic Attacks - 12
Strike Supers - 0
Ki Blast Supers - 38

Z-Soul - Never Give up! (+1 Health and Auto-revive on KO with about 25% health)

I've just gotten Super Saiyan 2 but I'm burning through 6 Ki bars like a bitch, so I was thinking that, at least until Level 50, I might pump all my attribute points into Max Ki.
What do you guys think? Worth it? Too much? Not enough?

Also, do points in Ki Blast Supers only effect Super attacks? Or does it boost ultimates as well?

Steel

Banned
Sadly all strike ultimates outside Victory Rush and Blue Hurricane (and maybe Paralysis but good luck hitting that) are easy to escape from with a simple Evasive Skill. You have to analyze your opponents stamina before using Justice Combination and Spirit Sword, the 2 moves that I use on my striker Majin because they're easy to combo into .

Sad. I mean, there are so few strike ultimates to choose from, you'd think they'd at least take the time to balance them out. Blue hurricane is absolutely awesome for PvE, and can work great in PVP if you catch the enemy off-guard, but if the strike ultimates I don't have are no better than the rest of them that's pretty disappointing.

I'm finding that strike skills seem to mix better with ki ultimates too on my balanced character as well, oddly enough.

But I like the Spirit Sword.

To be honest, all it really needs is the super armor that other ultimates get and it'd be a decent move. As it stands, it looks cool, but has glaring weaknesses.

Nordicus

PSA: Tyrant Lancer is amazing.

That is all.
Damage might not be great, but it comes out almost instantly and catches me whenever I drop my guard just a little.

So I agree
I've just gotten Super Saiyan 2 but I'm burning through 6 Ki bars like a bitch, so I was thinking that, at least until Level 50, I might pump all my attribute points into Max Ki.

Also, do points in Ki Blast Supers only effect Super attacks? Or does it boost ultimates as well?
Base Super Saiyan and Super Vegeta are better unless you really want the slight mobility boosts. Damage is better by only 2% or so.

But more extra ki will always help if you're going ranged. And yes the super attributes affect ultimates too.

patchday

At the moment I've got a Level 41 Saiyan who I'm focusing on mainly Ki Supers/Ultimates (Yeah yeah, cheap I know but that's what I love about DBZ). I use basic attacks to sometimes charge Ki and just to stop the enemy attacking me, or to combo into a super/ultimate.

Max Health - 35
Max Ki - 35
Max Stamina - 0
Basic Attacks - 12
Strike Supers - 0
Ki Blast Supers - 38

Why not use "I...am Super Vegeta"? Will turn your SV2 form into SV3 essentially. That's what I run on my female saiyan. Seems fine. your enemy should be dead by the time it expires. Rinse and repeat til mission ends

N° 2048

Well the
Bardock/Broly
missions were WAY easier than expected.

Still on the fence about DLC and can't see myself doing much more to be honest, kind of temped to try a new character though..

patchday

Also, in regards to the "max ki" query. Can probably never have too much ki. 0 stamina means you'll have to master the various side steps & non-stamina vanish teleports, etc probably. Lots of ways to probably work it. Haven't tried adding on more ki myself though. I think my L80 saiyan might have a little more than yours.

Lagamorph

Why not use "I...am Super Vegeta"? Will turn your SV2 form into SV3 essentially. That's what I run on my female saiyan. Seems fine. your enemy should be dead by the time it expires. Rinse and repeat til mission ends

Doesn't that require using Super Vegeta rather than Super Saiyan?

I know Super Vegeta has a bigger boost to Ki blast damage, but Super Saiyan gives you the 10% increase in defense against all damage rather than just ki based damage.

KHlover

Banned

Max Health - 35
Max Ki - 35
Max Stamina - 0
Basic Attacks - 12
Strike Supers - 0
Ki Blast Supers - 38

Respec at least the basic attacks into either Ki or Ki Blast Supers. With a Ki focused build they're only there to keep your enemies away from you, not to deal any damage.
In the end I think

Ki Blast Supers - 100
Max Ki - 100
Max Stamina - 40

Is how a Saiyan Glass Cannon should look like. If you're comfortable with having a bit less Ki you could also go

Max Ki - 70
Max Stamina - 70

or

Max Ki - 70
Max Stamina 40
Max Health 30

Ki Blast Supers ALWAYS 100 though.

patchday

^^ Awesome advice up there

Doesn't that require using Super Vegeta rather than Super Saiyan?

I know Super Vegeta has a bigger boost to Ki blast damage, but Super Saiyan gives you the 10% increase in defense against all damage rather than just ki based damage.

Yeah but you're going to be long range especially with hardly any stamina. Let the meleers rush in and get beat up while you sit back and charge up then blow the mobs away.

35 health is pretty high. I think my female majin only has like 10-15 and I wonder if I gave her too much. Cant recall what my female saiyan has. She's not the best build though. Didnt really know what I was doing when I made her. I know shes got 100 Ki Blasts though

Lagamorph

Thanks for the advice guys. Might respec based on KHlover's build suggestion, though I might split some of the stamina into Health just to give me a little bit more survivability (as once I do start getting hit I have a habit of getting stuck in melee combos that go on forever...), so maybe something like,

Ki Blast Supers - 100
Max Ki - 100
Max Stamina - 20
Max Health - 20

Have got three Dragonballs so far (All from System gifts) so I'll wait until I get to the point where I have the PQ where they're easy to farm (53 wasn't it?) and then look to getting on with a respec build.

patchday

Yeah I think I will respec my Saiyan as well at some point. Would love to have more max ki.

[edit] See my earlier post on Dragonball farming.

Respecced my majin with it last night into a Ki build and she's been tearing it up in Online Battles. Her health is supplemented by the "bhaha... Thanks for the Energy" z-soul. So not sure if I'm just good or this z-soul is just broken. It's not a fun fight against her if they're not rocking a powerful z-soul

[edit2] I also love trolling folks by turning them into candy. then go rebuild my Sta / Ki

BigFwoosh

Seems like people in this thread (at least a little while back) were saying that Saiyans are the de facto best race. Is the game much harder with other races? I started a Namekian yesterday and am wondering if down the road I'm going to totally suck or something.

patchday

I'm playing a Namek in Online PQs right now. He's 67 so far

Namekians are the #1 team healers. Even an All-Energy M fully heals everyone on my teams. They also have a mid range grab. Unfortunately, nothing else to note beyond those points. I dont like how their "native" gear from the shop all decrements Basic Attack. Theyre ATK is already not the best.

[edit] Not correct concerning gear. They can wear Shingi Demon Battle suit gear

Steel

Banned
Seems like people in this thread (at least a little while back) were saying that Saiyans are the de facto best race. Is the game much harder with other races? I started a Namekian yesterday and am wondering if down the road I'm going to totally suck or something.

Saiyans basically are the best ultimate spamming race. Though you can do pretty damn well with an Earthling with one of the android z-souls that give you a constant ki regen boost, it allows you to super spam pretty easily with few delays.

Namekians are kinda low damage, but their health regen, extra health and extra stamina regen are pretty useful if you play it right. Also their basic attack is annoying to use.

BigFwoosh

I dont like how their "native" gear from the shop all decrements Basic Attack. Theyre ATK is already not the best.

Namekians are kinda low damage, but their health regen, extra health and extra stamina regen are pretty useful if you play it right. Also their basic attack is annoying to use.

I'm a fan of beating shit up at close range, and I've already found their basic attacks annoying. I'm almost tempted to stick with it though just to try to make it work.

patchday

Ah looking at clothing guide, Namekian can wear Shingi Demon Battle suit gear and get +Basic Attack. But I went ki blasts with mine. Maybe that wasn't the proper way to go I dunno

* I still need to complete my Namekian tho (hit 80). The rest of his points will go into Basic attacks

Philtastic

Basically, Saiyans are significantly easier to play than other races because, once you get a version of Super Saiyan (it makes it so that you constantly drain ki but supers and ultimates don't cost anything), you can spam ultimates, particularly ones that make you do huge damage while totally invulnerable, which means that the AI has very little chances against you. This, however, only works consistently against AI since there are many ways in PvP to counter this play style. I would also say that spamming ultimates, while being probably the most efficient way to play, is a very boring way to play. I think you will get far more out of the game by either playing a non-Saiyan race or not spamming ultimates as a Saiyan.

I'm currently playing a Saiyan and, to mix things up, I've been making it a rule that I have to basic combo the enemy first before I unleash either a super or ultimate (ie. I have to set them up - like with other races - before firing). Another thing that I do is only use basic combos to generate ki and not use any of the charge up skills: this forces me to actually engage the enemy in melee combat. I find that these house rules make for a funner way to play as a Saiyan that also flows better which actually makes it feel flashier due to the variety of attacks you end up doing rather than "here's another perfect kamehameha right after the other 3 times I used it".

Steel

Banned
I'm a fan of beating shit up at close range, and I've already found their basic attacks annoying. I'm almost tempted to stick with it though just to try to make it work.

The problem with their basic attack combos is that most of them rely on the enemy being staggerable. There are a lot of enemies that aren't(until you get rid of their super armor), and there are Z-souls that can be used by other players that make them unstaggerable for periods of time, so you'll find yourself whiffing attacks pretty often in these cases. I have a namekian that I've made as a tank build and have gotten to level 80, and overall I like how its stamina regen bonus pairs with kaioken, but the lower damage and awful basic attack combos makes me dislike the race.

As for good basic attack combo races, pretty much every other race has a pretty good basic attack. Oddly enough so far I like the female earthling's basic attack best, really good for juggling people.

patchday

Did we confirm if a Majin can turn enemies in the story into candy or not? I meant to test last night but forgot. And I can't check myself til later tonight. I know in PQs I can for sure turn enemies into candy. It's a huge help when you're getting ganged up on

On my Saiyan, it was more of a challenge

Nordicus

Her health is supplemented by the "bhaha... Thanks for the Energy" z-soul. So not sure if I'm just good or this z-soul is just broken. It's not a fun fight against her if they're not rocking a powerful z-soul
Depends on if it's already been fixed on the platform you're playing on. Thanks for the Energy gives a tiiiiny amount of health randomly which makes multi-hit skills kinda nice way to recover health but otherwise it isn't super noticeable

Saiyans are not "the best" as much they are the easiest to beat the solo content with.

I think there's an argument to be had for Earthlings being the best race.

Nordicus

Did we confirm if a Majin can turn enemies in the story into candy or not? I meant to test last night but forgot. And I can't check myself til later tonight. I know in PQs I can for sure turn enemies into candy. It's a huge help when you're getting ganged up on
Just tested on the Beerus&Whis fight, yes you can!

patchday

Depends on if it's already been fixed on the platform you're playing on. Thanks for the Energy gives a tiiiiny amount of health randomly which makes multi-hit skills kinda nice way to recover health but otherwise it isn't super noticeable

Saiyans are not "the best" as much they are the easiest to beat the solo content with.

Ah! Yes on PS4 is still broken then. Looking forward to the fix

Just tested on the Beerus&Whis fight, yes you can!

Thanks a ton! I'm having loads of fun with my female majin. Next up is the male majin!

For that fight I'd for sure recommend a Majin no question then

Nordicus

Thanks a ton! I'm having loads of fun with my female majin. Next up is the male majin!

For that fight I'd for sure recommend a Majin no question then
I'm not sure if I'd rely just on that though. I had both the z-soul and the escape skill and neither of those made the fight super manageable without proper tactics. You still get the best results if you "work together" with Trunks and keep an eye out if he's managed to open up someone's super armor

patchday

Well I always factor out Trunks (Assuming we're talking underleveled player around L50 in that encounter). Never tried using Wall of defense for him though

It's about time Earthlings got their due in Dragonball.

I do agree though; I'm running a ki focused female Earthling with the Might as Well Z Soul, and she's ridiculous. Her damage is massive and between the Z Soul and her racial Ki regen, she basically has unlimited Ki. I'm also running high Stamina, Neo Tri Beam and Kiaokenx20 which is basically my finishing move as it allows me to spam Neo Tri Beam for a ridiculous amount of damage.

KHlover

Banned
It's about time Earthlings got their due in Dragonball.

I do agree though; I'm running a ki focused female Earthling with the Might as Well Z Soul, and she's ridiculous. Her damage is massive and between the Z Soul and her racial Ki regen, she basically has unlimited Ki. I'm also running high Stamina, Neo Tri Beam and Kiaokenx20 which is basically my finishing move as it allows me to spam Neo Tri Beam for a ridiculous amount of damage.

Man this reminds me of Budokai Tenkaichi 2. You'd use Neo Tri Beam and your enemy lost. Just like that. Ridiculously overpowered :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy627Sbh_I0

Sorry for low quality vid, it's the only one I could find :S

KHlover

Banned
Just got this game. Kind of overwhelming. Really enjoying it. Any thing a beginner should know, that he may have overlooked?

You can change the scale of the Dragon Radar by klicking the Right Stick. Go for a specialized character (either full Ki Super or full Strike Super) until you beat the main story, jack-of-all-trades will leave you with an all-around shitty character more than anything else. If you press A (X on PS4) while dashing towards a character (Tap LZ/L2) you'll teleport towards him. Tilt the stick in the opposite of the direction your character is facing (not just down!) and press Light Attack to perform a Back Attack. This move is extremely useful to conserve Stamina since it allows you to prevent an enemy from starting a combo after he teleported behind you - otherwise you'd have to use a teleport yourself to avoid his combo until one of you runs out of stamina.

Scirrocco

The problem with their basic attack combos is that most of them rely on the enemy being staggerable. There are a lot of enemies that aren't(until you get rid of their super armor), and there are Z-souls that can be used by other players that make them unstaggerable for periods of time, so you'll find yourself whiffing attacks pretty often in these cases. I have a namekian that I've made as a tank build and have gotten to level 80, and overall I like how its stamina regen bonus pairs with kaioken, but the lower damage and awful basic attack combos makes me dislike the race.

It helps if you're unstaggerable too. I use special pose (k?) To male myself unstaggetable too, along with ginyus z soul aren't I nice to boost ki and stamina build, and you can face tank and spam supers all day, and you stamina is practically infinite. And with their defense and regen you rarely have to worry about any damage you do take.

It works well in pqs, though I haven't had a chance to test it against humans though.

Not to be that guy, but wasnt the explanation of PQ's in game the exact opposite? i.e. the PQ scenarios were a result of time being fucked with and you had to go in to sort it out?

Yup. It's like ripples in the timeline or something. Time Patrollers are there cleaning up the mess.

Maligna

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;157161292 said:
.... i've been trying.... for so long..... to get beerus's clothes to drop..... and i haven't got any... somebody help me....

Have you been grinding for more than five days yet? That's my record.

sqwarlock

Not to be that guy, but wasnt the explanation of PQ's in game the exact opposite? i.e. the PQ scenarios were a result of time being fucked with and you had to go in to sort it out?

Maybe? I mean I'm not too far in but Raditz's one where you beat up on Piccolo and Goku fit the theme of that comic well.

Nordicus

In Xenoverse 2 finale you'll protect Gohan, Goten and Goku on Supreme Kai's planet against an individual who steals the techniques and energy of warriors from throughout the ages.

Welfare

In Xenoverse 2 finale you'll protect Gohan, Goten and Goku on Supreme Kai's planet against an individual who steals the techniques and energy of warriors from throughout the ages.

This individual can also clone themselves.

They will be known as the Supreme Kai of BULLSHIT

KHlover

Banned

Deathmatch against your created character from Xenoverse 1? Now that's something I can get behind ;P

Nny7229

Why is fighting more then one Super Sayian NPC completely broken?

I was trying to do the PQs you have to get by talking to Goten and Kid Trunks which you have to do by yourself. I get towards the end and get spammed by ultimates from multiple directions. I get that in Super Sayian you use no ki to do supers/ultimates, but why don't NPCs ever lose Super Sayian?! It is very unfair.

rrc1594

I was trying to do the PQs you have to get by talking to Goten and Kid Trunks which you have to do by yourself. I get towards the end and get spammed by ultimates from multiple directions. I get that in Super Sayian you use no ki to do supers/ultimates, but why don't NPCs ever lose Super Sayian?! It is very unfair.

Goku is king of spamming

Savitar

Finished the main story, had a blast! Finished it at level 80 so my frost demon can't get any stronger aside from doing missions to get gear and new attacks. I made one new character of the other races just for fun after. Hell I even got SS2 SS 2 Vegeta so if I want to try and be spammy as hell I can.

I really look forward to the sequel, if they focus on the current gen and get past some of the limitations they had to work with they can make a great follow up. Maybe they can even expand the races and add a bunch more costumes and just more everything.

Philtastic

I think that might be PQ47 Super-Super Ultimate Series of Battles! which Kid Trunks gives in the hub. I'm not the greatest player out there and I'm also using mouse+keyboard (getting a Dualshock 4 tomorrow, however, mostly because this is the first game I've played where there were certain things that I couldn't do reliably with M+KB such as the free vanish move) but I recorded a video of that PQ where I only use ultimates sparingly (5 times total) to demonstrate that you can get through it without abusing the invulnerability and high damage from ultimates. I tried doing it completely without ultimates but 1 vs. 3 super saiyans is just disgustingly difficult (furthest I got was Goku et al. and took out Goten) so I mostly used them to even the odds by taking one saiyan out quickly. The rest of the details are in the video description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWKQehpajjA

Natural

How likely is that Z Soul for Vegeta to drop when doing PQ #5? I've tried bout 10 times already killing all the Saibamen etc and it isn't happening

『Inaba Resident』;157161292 said:
.... i've been trying.... for so long..... to get beerus's clothes to drop..... and i haven't got any... somebody help me....

Have you been grinding for more than five days yet? That's my record.

I've been trying to get the shirt for two weeks.
I have enough copies of his pants and boots to outfit half of GAF - if they were giftable items, which they stupidly aren't.

Top Bottom