• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

I'm still trying to figure out the break points in strings and combos - its kinda weird because some of the teleports require you to mash and then you have to cancel into something else. Wall bounce stuff is kinda weird too. It took me a while to figure out that you couldn't pin people against the stage boundary :/

Yeah I've found normal combos to be around 5 or 6 with the same attack but you can switch into a heavy and get another 4-6 hits before switching into a super, for example. And yeah, I don't really bother with trying to pin or anything, too many moments of invincibility after string breaks. I generally hang back after I've knocked them down and wait for them to be vulnerable again.

Holy shit some people are level 80.

Is that max level?

Blue Name: NPC
Yellow Name: Simulated Player
White Name: Player Character

You're probably seeing simulated players.

Gotta love that plagiarism of Metallica's No leaf clover ...

not_this_shit_again.jpg

Seriously, this sucks. A new Dragon Ball game has finally some good musics (since the first Tenkaichi, it was not very good) and some of them are plagiarism? For Yemma's sake...

Style

Banned
So what is Trunks costume called and when can I unlock it? The custom character was wearing it in all the previews. D:

Hellllll yes thank you. It already did enough damage in the initial burst lol.

Yep! Very satisfying to connect it with 3 full Ki bars and just melee their ass across the map. Fun fact: if you catch someone from below with it, you'll melee them up into the sky. It actually looks pretty awesome. Just nice that it'll connect from more than just straight on, on the same Z-axis.

Pit

PC users report...

How's it playing for you? Good or bad port? Looking to pick it up on PC or PS4 if its not worth it

Going to pick up my copy at lunch.
Debating what race to choose. Female Saiyan is something the anime series never really tried, so I am curious.

not_this_shit_again.jpg

Seriously, this sucks. A new Dragon Ball game has finally some good musics (since the first Tenkaichi, it was not very good) and some of them are plagiarism? For Yemma's sake...

It's weird because it seems kenji yamamoto doesn't work for namco bandai anymore after the plagiarism in DragonBall Kai...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

you are welcome, glad to help.

Mine's doing the same thing his was doing, except it does the exact same thing in my Library on the XMB, and the game isn't listed in my Download List on the webstore. Neither if Tales of Hearts R, which I bought at the same time.

Anyone else having issues? Bought the Season Pass bundle, if that matters

EDIT: In case anyone else runs across this, apparently you can fix it by initiating the download on the Mobile App/Store. Super weird, but whatever, it's downloading now

yeah it happens sometimes, log out and log in after a while that should fix that kind of "problem". (i experienced that myself, cant remember the game though.)

man, it kinda sucks that you cant take screenshots of the animated scenes and sony botching this game with its PStore

EDIt: ^^

Nordicus

That reminds me, I honestly thought the gold and silver armors looked weird and made no sense, then during one stream a person said "That reminds me of Saint Seiya"

Dimps made Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers.

Ooooooooohhhhhh~... now I get it.

Sephzilla

God damn this game is actually kind of addicting.

Also what the shit do I need to do to unlock the Piccolo outfit from the World Tournament PQ?

That reminds me, I honestly thought the gold and silver armors looked weird and made no sense, then during one stream a person said "That reminds me of Saint Seiya"

Dimps made Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers.

Ooooooooohhhhhh~... now I get it.

yup, i didnt know they made a SAint Seiya game but thats the feel i got about the armors it was the only thing that made sense but you confirmed it for me lol

edit: i will buy a saint seiya game when it happens (enjoyed sanctuary battle)

God damn this game is actually kind of addicting.

Also what the shit do I need to do to unlock the Piccolo outfit from the World Tournament PQ?

Wanna know the answer to this too. I thought you got items at random but I've done that pq a million times now and still don't have that or chi chi's costume

Revven

curious about races. Are they actually balanced out properly? What are yall using?

I haven't played any PvP to say how balanced the races are against one another but I'm using the Earthling atm which when Ki is maxed out their max attack power goes up -- so they're essentially supposed to be good when you're conserving your Ki as their Ki also rises automatically like an Android in the manga/anime.

In general they each have their pros and cons and passive abilities.

So what is Trunks costume called and when can I unlock it? The custom character was wearing it in all the previews. D:

I think you need to beat a certain Parallel Quest to get it but I'm not 100% on it. It might be an outfit that unlocks in the shop when you reach a certain point in the story.

Yaari

DLC Pack 1 (March 2015) will contain GT Goku, GT Trunks, and GT Pan. Also, 4 Time Patrol quests, 12 parallel quests, 15 special attacks, and 5 costumes.

DLC Pack 2 (Release date TBA) will contain more customization items, super attacks, and Time Patrol quests.

DLC Pack 3 (Release date TBA) will contain Jaco the Galactic Patrolman and the Master Roshi costume-set.

That's from the Wiki regarding the Season Pass. Now I know Wikipedia is anything but a credible source for stuff like that, but if thats the content we're getting then Pack 2 and 3 are quite underwhelming. I hope there are some surprises to go with it.

Revven

That's from the Wiki regarding the Season Pass. Now I know Wikipedia is anything but a credible source for stuff like that, but if thats the content we're getting then Pack 2 and 3 are quite underwhelming. I hope there are some surprises to go with it.

Pack 2 is also coming with characters.

I created a Frieza clan soldier named Frigid.
Kind of disappointed in the lack of voices though, I wanted a vain sounding Frieza voice to put on him.

BTW the new voice for Frieza is really off-putting.

I got to the character creator last night and choked.

I wanna go Super Saiyan, dammit. But I'd also like to go more original with Frieza's race. Couldn't pick.

did they give a reason why you couldnt choose a normal Buu or a tall Buu like in the show? only reason why i didnt pick a Buu race was because of that and chose to be saiyan #42342525.

Reknoc

I originally planned to go Saiyan but everything I've seen of the game makes going Super Saiyan look lackluster. It's not just about having blonde hair damnit!

Top Bottom