• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Namikaze

The story mode is awesome so far, just beat the Saiyan saga. It's following the events of DBZ pretty faithfully and the cutscenes (both animated and 3D) are nicely done. Definitely seems to be the best DB game in years.

The story mode is awesome so far, just beat the Saiyan saga. It's following the events of DBZ pretty faithfully and the cutscenes (both animated and 3D) are nicely done. Definitely seems to be the best DB game in years.
Good to hear. I was hoping for one even close to Budokai 3.
Been a long time since a decent DBZ game.

jpd1408

Banned
From playing....dragonballs can be farmed by fighting the random guys that you talk to during pq's.

Pq has RNG......sometimes you get the moves... Sometimes you don't.

Switching mentors resets relation progress, however I don't think it resets quest progress. Let me check this one real quick before I start over as a frieza anyways.

Just do pq's, story and enjoy the game for leveling. As for stats increase health asap as saiyan...they have lowest health pool. After that its personal preference

Thanks

Revven

Update on that mentor thing.

I switched from picollo to krillin. Quest progress remained....soi have no clue what relationship ordeal they are talking about.

I got Piccolo's meter up some but I'm not sure if it's because I used the move you first get from him as much as he wanted or if it was based on my performance in battles (the ranks you get).

Could also be level based, as someone suggested before. Last I checked before I stopped playing earlier I was at level 14 and completed the first act of the Namek Saga (Ginyu stuff).

abrack08

So I just bought the game on PSN but it won't begin to download. Instaed it has this button which says "start" which redirects me to the same page. Help

try downloading it from your library icon in the crossmediabar, if that doesnt work go to the PStore on your PC and download list

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Mine's doing the same thing his was doing, except it does the exact same thing in my Library on the XMB, and the game isn't listed in my Download List on the webstore. Neither if Tales of Hearts R, which I bought at the same time.

Anyone else having issues? Bought the Season Pass bundle, if that matters

EDIT: In case anyone else runs across this, apparently you can fix it by initiating the download on the Mobile App/Store. Super weird, but whatever, it's downloading now

Alchemy

I just wish I knew how mentors fucking worked. Potential to be a cool system but I have no idea if I'm making any real progress, and I want to finish learning under Krillin before moving to a new mentor -.-

ViciousDS

Banned
I just wish I knew how mentors fucking worked. Potential to be a cool system but I have no idea if I'm making any real progress, and I want to finish learning under Krillin before moving to a new mentor -.-

I found leveling up seemed to be the way they progress..... Nothing storyline related

Dominator

Am I doing something wrong here?

9E8E5E97-C899-402B-9D7A-827FA8B65C26_zpsnhsrjimn.jpg

I go through if but nothing happens...

Am I doing something wrong here?

I go through if but nothing happens...
Lol I did the same thing

Lock onto it with R1 and press circle when prompted.

Really dumb for them to make a ring and say "go through it" and not have you just fly through like the portals in Toki Toki City

dubq

Anyone else noticing the game is kinda dark/washed out on Ps4? Cutscenes are fine but the in game engine, and especially Toki Toki City seem like they have a grey filter over them.

Have seen a bunch of complaints about this over at GameFaqs but wanted to check here as well..

jwk94

Anyone else noticing the game is kinda dark/washed out on Ps4? Cutscenes are fine but the in game engine, and especially Toki Toki City seem like they have a grey filter over them.

Have seen a bunch of complaints about this over at GameFaqs but wanted to check here as well..

yep! =/

Muzicfreq

Banned

even changing my gamma profile... yes same issue

antone

Banned
Never played a Dragon Ball game before. But man I having a hard time getting past the first time quest. Are Dragon ball games always this hard.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Same on the xbox one as well.

Guys, I hate to say it but I did not enjoy this game, I was wrong to build my expectations.

Varna

Gotta say I like hearing that people are finding the game challenging. This will probably be super hard for me since I don't tend to play too many fighting games.

antone

Banned
I just found out you can heal yourself during battle. Did not know that at all. That would make these time quests a bit easier.

Nordicus

Gotta say I like hearing that people are finding the game challenging. This will probably be super hard for me since I don't tend to play too many fighting games.
It's as hard as you wanna make it, since the content in time patrol main story levels up faster than you do. If you marathon the main story without doing parallel quests, you'll quickly find yourself underleveled.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is the PS3 version as bad as I heard.

That's all I've got. I just wanted to play as a cute Namekian and Solar Flare all day with my bros, is my experience gonna be hampered by horrid frame rate drops as I've heard?

JNA

Banned
So how's the game for some of you guys? I've watched some Twitch streams and it looks fun. I'm just not sure if it's worth the $60 though.

scabro

why cant you look at clothing before you buy it

why does the game feel stitched together

why are so many things half assed

im having fun with it but christ, dbz games always seem to take one step forward and two steps back.

dwix

Having fun so far -- made my Saiyan, beat the Saiyan saga and have gotten two skills from Piccolo (this game is such a nostalgia trip). The online part is confusing, as I've gained access to seeing NPCs and creating/joining online PQ lobbies. Watching someone stream the Japanese version yesterday, there were players running around, but I guess that's just because the servers are jacked right now?

Also, I wish I could preview gear before buying it and have a way to equip it without it affecting my stats. Almost everything I can buy right now has a red arrow for Ki, which is the Saiyans' strength.

Vashzaron

Had a look and it seems exactly like the filter Namco has been putting over Tales games recently.

I absolutely hate it.

JNA

Banned
Also one other question:

I asked this on Twitch chat but I was wondering what exactly are the differences in races? It seems like I should just be Saiyan since apparently they are the only ones who can transform. And who the hell doesn't want to go super saiyan right?

Is there any reason to pick any other race over Saiyan? Are there races that are better at Ki, or faster or whatever than Saiyan?

Karak

I adored the story mode. In my review I would have liked to discuss even more of what happens but could not cover it without spoilers I felt.

why cant you look at clothing before you buy it

why does the game feel stitched together

why are so many things half assed

im having fun with it but christ, dbz games always seem to take one step forward and two steps back.

personally I think this comes from them switching devs all the time. Even if the same devs come back sometimes every sequel feels fairly odd compared to the last. This one with the multiplayer AND the create a character I think it can feel a bit odd. Luckily its fucking fun from moment one.

Top Bottom