• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

DedValve

Banned
How certain events play out before you intervene and who's behind it all.

Some evil blue chick whose super strong but don't worry your stronger.

Every villain in DBZ history is on the verge of defeating the heros and changing the timeline because of said evil blue chick and you have to stop it, which you do.

Trunks fashion sense went down the drain in the madness of it all.

gohans still a punk post Cell saga. History doesn't change there :(

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Actually, I was spoiled on a pretty cool plot twist involving one of the game's donut steel villains...

Mira's Dabura's sister apparently or something?

DedValve

Banned
Actually, I was spoiled on a pretty cool plot twist involving one of the game's donut steel villains...

I felt that was more of a throwaway thing than anything. I just got there and said "oh thats pretty cool" but since we rarely interact with the villain its like..meh.

That she is, still disappointed they're not playable.

Has anyone opted to give their human a weird skin colour so that they look like an Alien? Actually, has anyone even given their characters backstories?

I haven't for my main but I was hoping to make a mixed-race Saiyan who is the descendant of Goku's and Uub's families. I mean, why wouldn't you? That's basically the ultimate combination.

Huh, guess I've been playing offline too. I knew these guys were NPCs. So you're telling me this game also has actual players in the city? That's awesome if true! I was happy just staring at the NPCs

I preordered but havent seen SSJ4 Vegita. Guess i need to get further along in my story? I've just barely gotten past the
Saiyan saga on Earth

yeah servers havent worked for me though when i tried the PvP it was ok (then again is p2p).

for the DLC you should do a license restore on settings>PSN>license restore. if that doesnt automatically unlock the DLC go to the PC PStore and look into the download list and hit "Retry" or download the DLC then it should work (i had the same problem)

edit: you know it worked when you boot up the game it will display a message about DLC been added or something like that

TimFL

Does your hair change when you go SSJ (change its form)? I hope they don't just change the color.

This is an important feature I require for the sake of immersing me in the world of DBZ.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Does your hair change when you go SSJ (change its form)? I hope they don't just change the color.

This is an important feature I require for the sake of immersing me in the world of DBZ.

Nope. It doesn't spike up or anything, just a cheap gold effect.

West City’s capsule-ization

West City, the home of King Cold and Freeza’s killer, Trunks, becomes a main target. Realizing the danger, Bulma works out a way to store the entire city inside a capsule for safekeeping.

At this time, Majins from all over the world who had lost their homes in the destruction were protected within the city. Some of them decided to stay, even after the battle, and started to develop their own unique, Majin culture in West City.
[Ref: From the DBO timeline.]

In other news, Brainiac of Earth-2 files for a class action lawsuit that accuses Brief's corporation of plagiarizing his Bottle City technology.

The court room battle eventually exploded into Earth's orbit.

UncleO

Yamcha dies.

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

tensuke

Had some fun with this but my roommate's decided to sell it already. Ah well. Will probably get on PC on sale later on.

How does the master system work exactly? I had Krillin first but after several levels he never taught me anything else, just gave me an item once. I switched to Piccolo and he keeps saying to use "evil explosion", so I assume once I use it a bunch of times he'll teach me something else....

Is it based on learnt skills or is it a level thing?

Are certain characters/forms locked away as pre-order exclusives or future DLC?
Day 1 edition which is SSJ4 Vegeta currently. 2 Frieza costumes for all races.
Overall the Day 1 DLC isn't that bad on this. Better than Evolve in which you needed to pay $40 more dollars for everything.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Day 1 edition which is SSJ4 Vegeta currently. 2 costumes for the Frieza class.
Overall the Day 1 DLC isn't that bad on this. Better than Evolve in which you needed to pay $40 more dollars for everything.
Nope
they are gold and silver frieza uniforms which are for any race to use.

ViciousDS

Banned
Do you know if your ranking in a PQ (Z, S, etc.) affects what loot you get? That was my assumption last night as I was farming for Piccolo's turban. If not, then that gets less stressful!

I've had multiple PQ's with Z ranking only to come out with nothing, yet you can do them and get a fricken C grade and get items and skills lol.

Skii

SSJ4 Vegeta atm.

Day 1 edition which is SSJ4 Vegeta currently. 2 Frieza costumes for all races.

They locked away one of the key forms from one of the key characters?! Wow, that is terrible. Will they eventually release SSJ4 Vegeta for the rest of the community or will it be permanently exclusive to those that pre-order?

Respect

They locked away one of the key forms from one of the key characters?! Wow, that is terrible. Will they eventually release SSJ4 Vegeta for the rest of the community or will it be permanently exclusive to those that pre-order?

Agreed, that is a little bit more than obnoxious.

Revven

They haven't said afaik.

Is there a strategy guide for this game? I don't want to buy the game again. (already imported)

How long did it take you guys to beat the game? It felt like I was grinding just to be strong enough to beat the game, and the hardest fight by far was
Whis vs Beerus w/ Trunks.

Sephzilla

Why is this game so damn loud? I have to run this game at almost half-volume on my surround sound system compared to the volume i use for other games

We don't know, they wouldn't say because obviously then people wouldn't buy it Day 1.

Why is this game so damn loud? I have to run this game at almost half-volume on my surround sound system compared to the volume i use for other games
Same here, I usually play movies at around '5' on my TV set by Xenoverse is constantly set to '1' and even that's quite loud.

Muzicfreq

Banned

Using the PS Gold wireless has some extreme audio clipping for this game.
Some parts are really quite while a strike can just explode in your ears.

plugging in some headphones into the controller seem to fix this for me though.

Top Bottom