• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Nordicus

someone explain the story mode of this game to me please, it is open world? how exactly is it, im so confused!
Main Story? "Beat this guy with these conditions" with a linear story and cutscenes. That content levels up way faster than you do though, you'll get your ass beaten eventually.

As side content for leveling, you got basically DBZ fighting game equivalent of Destiny

Simple enough?

AGITΩ

Dont mind me, just posting some of my Created Character
QFYcGyy.jpg

Tx2KiMg.jpg

SwpUNUk.jpg

UF2pOkH.jpg

Normally I go for the Human-like characters in creation modes in games, but the hair styles for both saiyan and human let me down, but I am pretty satisfied with Frieza's race.

Varna

Fuck it. Bought this on Steam. Hopefully the PC version turns out all right. I definitely should be able to run at 60 FPS with a 980GTX right?

Teknoman

A purple namek? Thought they would've just let you use shades of green. What about human/sayian, or are they just the same tone as the main Z guys?

AGITΩ

I managed to get to the online lobby once, for all of 20 seconds before I was kicked off. I dislike that it kicks you to the main screen and not the offline lobby too. Same thing if you accept an invite for a match.

Nordicus

AGITΩ;153689960 said:
Dont mind me, just posting some of my Created Character
QFYcGyy.jpg

Normally I go for the Human-like characters in creation modes in games, but the hair styles for both saiyan and human let me down, but I am pretty satisfied with Frieza's race.
Hmmm...
AHA8dWl.png

I might have an idea why you picked Frieza race :p

Nordicus

These games aren't known for being well optimized. You very well might have to brute force for a stable 60 FPS. If that's not the case then awesome!
Look at it this way: the game works (usually) on a PS3 and Xbox360. Nvidia 8800 is the minimum GPU as listed on Steam

Maligna

Banned
What's the best way to get into a hub world with your friends? And can you only create a team with them if they manage to get in the same hub world?

Does the Majin race have any naming conventions? The way that Saiyans are all vegetable puns and Frieza race all have cold related names.

Yes, usually named after magical incantations.
EG, Bibidi, Babidi and Buu.

Mine are named Sala and Gadoola, which are other words from the same spell.

Muzicfreq

Banned
These games aren't known for being well optimized. You very well might have to brute force for a stable 60 FPS. If that's not the case then awesome!

Well they did say it supports 4k60fps on PC, they had to have tested it somehow.

What's the best way to get into a hub world with your friends? And can you only create a team with them if they manage to get in the same hub world?

Yes, usually named after magical incantations.
EG, Bibidi, Babidi and Buu.

Named my Majin Kazza...kinda hoping that with the dragon balls I can change it.

patchday

yeah servers havent worked for me though when i tried the PvP it was ok (then again is p2p).

for the DLC you should do a license restore on settings>PSN>license restore. if that doesnt automatically unlock the DLC go to the PC PStore and look into the download list and hit "Retry" or download the DLC then it should work (i had the same problem)

edit: you know it worked when you boot up the game it will display a message about DLC been added or something like that

Yo thanks btw

Wow, seems like the dbz game I always wanted to exist. If this had been around when I was younger I probs would have lost my shit - custom characters? Post more, I'm havig a blast just seeing all the options.

Top Bottom