• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

So is it normal for the PS3 version to have crazy amounts of slowdown?

Seriously even the hub world has constant slowdown when there's too many NPCs around, and I'm only playing in single player.

Durden77

I've been cheesing all AI missions with ki blasts. I dunno if you can do this as non-human, but I just go around in circles, ki blasting, then doing my ultimate when I have enough energy.

Well it was extremely tedious, but this worked so thanks. I hope no other mission makes me resort to that.

Seriously even the hub world has constant slowdown when there's too many NPCs around, and I'm only playing in single player.
Huh, PS4 version has no slowdown. Perhaps the last gen versions are just bad ports?

If you want a Phantasy Star online styled brawler that has a good amount of content, yes, absolutely.

Whaaaaat? I don't know if i can resist this. My backlog is too big for this right now.

Where are the reviews for this? Are they not bothering because it's a DBZ game or did they just not send out review copies?

Whaaaaat? I don't know if i can resist this. My backlog is too big for this right now.

Where are the reviews for this? Are they not bothering because it's a DBZ game or did they just not send out review copies?
Think they did not send review copies. Overall current reviews are placing it higher than The Order 1886. Maybe it is just taking a bit since it is structured more like a MMO with content than a fighter.

ship it

I think the PQ "Legendary Super Saiyan" is glitched.

Many times I would kill Krillian before attacked Goku but he doesn't go Super Saiyan at all. Which makes it hard for me to get the Super Saiyan skill. :(

hmm is this why im at cell saga and still cant turn SS? its a parallel quest?

is that an expression ? does that mean good or bad ?

it can be pretty tough underleveled or without enough items

Permanently A

It is a fighting game with a MMO hub.
Imagine Soul Caliber 3, but with a MMO hub in between fights.
The fights get real crazy since you can have 3 vs. 3 and in missions 1 vs. 5.

My initial impressions are good. Combat is fun, leveling up is neat, and having moves based around all the characters is awesome. Compared to Soul Calibur where you copy only one character, this is great. You can have a Majin have Goku and Piccolo's move pool.
My only complaints are KI stun locks way too easy and Ultimate moves hurt, do not get hit by them.
But that could be because I am a newb.

Interesting.

Interesting.
Yeah, all I can say is that it is a hybrid of Phantasy Star Online, DBZ Budokai, and Soul Calibur.
The focus is definitely on building your own character how you want.

If you want a more traditonal fighting game, Battle of Z is on sale.
Honestly it is a breath of fresh air. The series was getting stale.

Yeah, all I can say is that it is a hybrid of Phantasy Star Online, DBZ Budokai, and Soul Calibur.
The focus is definitely on building your own character how you want.

If you want a more traditonal fighting game, Battle of Z is on sale.
Honestly it is a breath of fresh air. The series was getting stale.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....i dont have the money or time to buy this right now Q_Q

ViciousDS

Banned
for the love of my life I cannot get on the strongest on earth for Vegeta's quest and it is pissing me off I've gotten every single item from that quest accept this zitem that I need

Muzicfreq

Banned
for the love of my life I cannot get on the strongest on earth for Vegeta's quest and it is pissing me off I've gotten every single item from that quest accept this zitem that I need

I did after a ton of tries. just gotta hit it harder and faster. I did it with 3 SSJ4 Vegetas (which btw if you have him it's one of the quickest ways to do missions)

depends if you like smacking a brick wall or not.
Oh and a hint, use the scouter to see what level you should be to fight the guys.
Freiza is lvl 25 if I rmember correctly while Cell is 30.
Oh, good idea.
This game has such many details in it.
My guess is Vegeta is 15...

I did after a ton of tries. just gotta hit it harder and faster. I did it with 3 SSJ4 Vegetas (which btw if you have him it's one of the quickest ways to do missions)

I just soloed it with Freeza. His Ultimate is OP, and he is an energy power up skill.

I just keep spamming death ball lol.

Revven

It is unfortunately normal... it even drops frames in 3v3 battles (one of the main features of the game, no less!)

If you had something better to get it on, PS4/Xbone or PC would have been the definite choices.

It is unfortunately normal... it even drops frames in 3v3 battles (one of the main features of the game, no less!)

If you had something better to get it on, PS4/Xbone or PC would have been the definite choices.
I was surprised when I saw 3 player co-op video with no lag.
I really want to try online co-op. Seems it could be fun!

Adriane23

Neo Member
Saiyan (サイヤ人 / saiya-jin) = "saiya" an anagram of 野菜 / yasai (Japanese for "vegetable")
Vegeta (ベジータ / bejiita) = play on ベジタブル / bejitaburu ("vegetable")
Kakarrot (カカロット / kakarotto) = play on キャロット / kyarotto
Raditz (ラディッツ / radittsu) = play on ラディッシュ / radisshu ("radish")
Nappa (ナッパ / nappa) = play on 菜っ葉 / nappa (napa; a type of Chinese cabbage)
Bardock (バーダック / baadakku) = exact Japanese spelling for burdock
Selypa (セリパ / seripa) = anagram of パセリ / paseri ("parsley")
Toma (トーマ / tooma) = from and play on トマト / tomato
Toteppo (トテッポ / toteppo) = anagram and play on ポテト / poteto ("potato")
Panbukin (パンブーキン / panbuukin) = play on パンプキン / panpukin ("pumpkin")
Tullece (ターレス / taaresu) = anagram and play on レタス / retasu ("lettuce")
Broli (ブロリー / burorii) = from and play on ブロッコリー / burokkori ("broccoli")
Paragas (パラガス / paragasu) = from and play on アスパラガス / asuparagasu ("asparagus")
Tarble (ターブル / taaburu) = play on ベジタブル / bejitaburu ("vegetable")

Saiyans are all vegetable puns. The Tsufruians, the inhabitants of the planet they originally shared, are a pun on "fruit" (フルーツ / furuutsu).

All of these things, including the Ginyu Special Force (whose names are all dairy puns), are all things that go in the freezer.

Thus, Freeza.

How deep do you want to go, here? ^_~

Avengertumblr_mhoix1jGJ21qlhhx4o1_250_zpsbedc2996.gif

On Topic: This game is a stupid amount of fun. I didn't think they would ever get the Tenkaichi fighting system right, but I was pleasantly surprised at this game. The verdict is still out on if they finally made a game better than Budokai 3, but I'll have more time to find out this weekend.

Revven

I was surprised when I saw 3 player co-op video with no lag.
I really want to try online co-op. Seems it could be fun!

I managed to try like a few co-op games the other day, it was lots of fun and the connection was solid (I made sure to join rooms with three bars or more).

Are master appearances random? I'm trying to get Goku.

I notice they will suddenly disappear, and new ones show up. Haven't seen Goku yet.

They are random but some also have level requirements before they can appear for you. Goku is... unfortunately, one of the Masters that requires you to be level 70 and I believe... beat the story, but not sure on the last half. I read about it on GameFAQs somewhere.

Avengertumblr_mhoix1jGJ21qlhhx4o1_250_zpsbedc2996.gif

On Topic: This game is a stupid amount of fun. I didn't think they would ever get the Tenkaichi fighting system right, but I was pleasantly surprised at this game. The verdict is still out on if they finally made a game better than Budokai 3, but I'll have more time to find out this weekend.
Yeah definately. However, I do agree it is easily the best DBZ game in years. Dimps did good, do not leave the franchise again!

Well that just blows.
I've been having fun with the game, but not really "pay for the game full price again just so it can run half decently" fun.
Only thing I can hope for is some sort of patch, since I'm not planning to get a PS4 for a while.

I might cop this when it gets in the pre-owned bin, not loving that I can't make my created character fight another created character I create, no zarbon and dodoria is an instant non first day buy, and the luck based (instead of skill based) reward system is not whats up. I wish they would have put in difficulty levels though, I don't like hitting brick walls in the main campaign.

Fuck them death balls yo

Ha ha, when everyone starts realizing freiza's deathball is the ultimate in cheap, that's all people will see..hopefully they patch a nerf to it..

Just finished the story and took a break to eat. I liked it, kinda looking forward to the DLC to see what happens in GT.
Its mostly on the disk already, i can spoil it for you if you like.

Yaari

I can't wait anymore. I'm very excited and mainly because almost no one has anything negative to say about the game.

hamchan

Y'know this game might be janky and rough in many areas but I'm still finding it pretty darn fun. Dimps makes the best DBZ games.

Teknoman

Forget it, im gonna be a Saiyan. Now to find a vegetable that makes a good name...

Still waiting to see the PC version verdict though...so close to pulling the PS4 trigger.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Maybe it's because I just got it as well, but this game reminds me a lot of Monster Hunter. Damn, both games are gonna take a LOT of my time.

Started as a Namekian named Reccorda (in my 'canon', he's Piccolo's son), and I'm impressed with the character customization. There's a few rough areas---I wish the size change was more pronounced and not just stretching (but I guess having a free size adjustment would make it harder to make the characters match the Toriyama style and make the customization more difficult to pull off), and I so wanted the Animal-Humans, but it's pretty cool how well they made it so you can create a unique looking dude who would fit right into the Dragon Ball Universe.

I'm hesitating to put Equipment on, because I don't know how much it effects stats. Should I worry too much, or just use what looks cool?

And are there any information on what decides what drops? It seems random...one time, I did average, and got two cool outfits, another time, I got a perfect Z Rating, and only got one I already had.

Finally, a question...in the story mission against the Great Ape Vegeta, how do you get Krillin to cut his tail off? He always seems to die no matter how long I hold him off---also, what the fuck Trunks, it was Yajirobe who cut his tail!

Korezo

OMG Pquest 5 doesn't want ro drop "I'm the strongest on Earth!!".. I've had ro have done it over 20 times already... I need it to continue Vegeta training.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...which Character Race do you think is the least popular? No one I've seen talking about the game seems to care about Male Buu...

AGITΩ;153698666 said:
Character name also gave it away. Hoping to land some cool accessories to Kamen Ride-up my character

I realize you could probably make a cool looking Gills with the Namek.

Top Bottom