• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

AGITΩ

So...which Character Race do you think is the least popular? No one I've seen talking about the game seems to care about Male Buu...

I realize you could probably make a cool looking Gills with the Namek.
Since male Buu lacks super and kid body types, i didn't care much.

But given that other point about Namekians....i guess i know what my next character will be.

scabro

Fuck me. Gohan and Krillins dumbass can't stay alive

buy some team heal capsules, and switch your targets around so you keep them away from gohan and krillin as best as you can.

OMG Pquest 5 doesn't want ro drop "I'm the strongest on Earth!!".. I've had ro have done it over 20 times already... I need it to continue Vegeta training.

Im not sure if it was just dumb luck, but i got it on my first try.

Try finishing off Vegeta with a Galick gun at the end. Maybe that's the trigger, because i did it and got the item. Nappa and Radditz come back, you beat them, and the PQ is over.

the
Beerus and Whis
fight

god damn

I needed Final Flash for that fight.

The ulti I was using was pathetic. Called Weekend or something. Enemies can literally be smashing your face without being hurt when you point blank ulti them.

Final Flash and probably other attacks have a better hitbox.

Muzicfreq

Banned
For anyone using the Playstation Gold headset, turn off VSS to fix the audio.
This game has the worst surround mixing in any game I have ever played

BBboy20

For anyone using the Playstation Gold headset, turn off VSS to fix the audio.
This game has the worst surround mixing in any game I have ever played
Stereo system is at PCM and yet it seems like middle and front right speakers are producing the most sound.

I needed Final Flash for that fight.

The ulti I was using was pathetic. Called Weekend or something. Enemies can literally be smashing your face without being hurt when you point blank ulti them.

Final Flash and probably other attacks have a better hitbox.

The exact same shit happened to me with Weekend during that fight. Had to use Giant Storm which does crazy damage if the enemy isn't blocking or moving.

Omni

5 hours until it's released digitally on Xbox Live here in Australia. Really looking forward to it. I'm gonna stay up :p

buy some team heal capsules, and switch your targets around so you keep them away from gohan and krillin as best as you can.

Im not sure if it was just dumb luck, but i got it on my first try.

Try finishing off Vegeta with a Galick gun at the end. Maybe that's the trigger, because i did it and got the item. Nappa and Radditz come back, you beat them, and the PQ is over.

I fought all three of them and still didn't get it.

Anyone know if you have to use your created character to get items to drop from PQs?

F311

This game confuses me from what I've seen on YouTube it just looks like a fighting game then I see certain comments on here that make it sound like an rpg (item drops, farming etc) could someone give me a quick lowdown?

Lord Phol

Man I just straight up pre-ordered this at full price for steam. Haven't done that in quite some time and my Dragon Ball interest has been at like 0 the last few years. This is looking all kinds of neat though and it will be fun to get back into the dragon Ball world that I loved as a young teenager.

Hope you can customise your cac with Vegeta attacks. Final Flash and Big Bang Attack were always the most bad-ass ki powers.

This game confuses me from what I've seen on YouTube it just looks like a fighting game then I see certain comments on here that make it sound like an rpg (item drops, farming etc) could someone give me a quick lowdown?

Think Destiny with fighting instead of FPS combat.

ALSO I FIGURED OUT VEGETAS MENTOR REQUEST. So I'm not sure the exact trigger but to get the Z-Soul I'm the strongest on earth do the PQ Attack of the Saiyans. Kill the saibamen first in every encounter and kill each Saiyan with an ultimate finish. I use Nappa's but I doubt it matters.

So it is like an rpg?

Is it free roam?

Its hub based. There's one hub and you go missions from that hub. Its not free roam unless you consider the tower from destiny free roaming. Its a hub where players gather and go on missions. You can play totally solo or you go on missions with people. You can also do PvP matches.

Its like an RPG because you distribute attribute points into different categories and you customize things like the armor you wear or the moves you do.

F311

Its hub based. There's one hub and you go missions from that hub. Its not free roam unless you consider the tower from destiny free roaming. Its a hub where players gather and go on missions. You can play totally solo or you go on missions with people. You can also do PvP matches.

Its like an RPG because you distribute attribute points into different categories and you customize things like the armor you wear or the moves you do.

Ah right ok thanks, you just earnt them a pre order! Ask for commission!

I would've checked the first post but some of its hard to read on my phone :(

Thanks for the help!

Muzicfreq

Banned
The people saying it's like destiny. In a way... yes but at least this game has time to explain why it has time to explain and many stories to be told.

Durden77

The soundtrack to this game is actually purty dope. There's some meh tracks but also some that really hit the spot.

Does anyone know what Kaioken/Super Saiyan ect. actually does? I have kaioken on my dude but I don't notice much difference whem using it.

Turin

Banned
I really hope Dimps gets to build on what they've done with this game.

I actually like the RPG elements. It just needs some work.

Hurray for starting to look less like ass.

qNNOVTP.jpg

k1t4j

Purchase redeemed!
Can't wait to "BIKKKUU BANG ATTACKURA! some peeps online. Hope EU gets japanese voices as an option, usually do in these games.

Can confim EU game has JP voices and please for your sake enable them.

Also lower the music to 1 after the intro, or you will want to kill yourself while in Toki-Toki City. :D

ViciousDS

Banned
She looks cool, may I ask how do you upload pictures here I wanted to share my Human here, him and your character look like they could be "family" :p

well thats a cell phone pic lol

you could use the screenshot feature on either console and upload them to the web and just tag them here,

Grinding the Super Saiyan mission trying to get the Super Saiyan Ultimate. It's being straight stingy with its drops.

She looks cool, may I ask how do you upload pictures here I wanted to share my Human here, him and your character look like they could be "family" :p

well thats a cell phone pic lol

you could use the screenshot feature on either console and upload them to the web and just tag them here,

Yeah I just did a cell phone picture. Quick and dirty.

ViciousDS

Banned
Grinding the Super Saiyan mission trying to get the Super Saiyan Ultimate. It's being straight stingy with its drops.

Plus its the easiest way to get a close up of your character without using the camera stationed near stairs to have the boundaries zoom it in for you.

k1t4j

Sorry what I meant was how do you attach it like that?

I only have the option to "Insert Image" and then asks me for a link of sorts. Is that how you do it?

Sorry for the confusion

Lord Phol

Can confim EU game has JP voices and please for your sake enable them.

Also lower the music to 1 after the intro, or you will want to kill yourself while in Toki-Toki City. :D

Awesome!

On whole other note, just started watching TFS DragonBall Z Abridge and holy hell how did I miss this, so good :'D.

If you beat the go past the Android part in the story 17/18, Super Saiyan becomes available in the skill shop for 40,000 Zeni.

I really wish they would have incorporated you turning Super Saiyan into the story...but that'd be kinda unfair for the other races (Not having their moment too).

So...which Character Race do you think is the least popular? No one I've seen talking about the game seems to care about Male Buu...
Probably that since you have to make fat Majin with males.
Hopefully we get future DLC that adds more customization options. Definately a step down from Soul Calibur options.

I really hope Dimps gets to build on what they've done with this game.

I actually like the RPG elements. It just needs some work.
Indeed. Character creation in SC2 was meh, but 3 really knocked it out of the park IMO.
If they make a sequel to this, then that would be awesome.

Top Bottom