• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Excellent! Hate that Street Fighter style clunky combo crap.

Have pre-ordered the PC version and Season Pass for £50.
Yeah, I enjoy not having to memorize long combos. Thank goodness this game has super and ultimate mapped like KH does.
Cannot say enough good things about the combat, except ki blasts stun lock way too easily.

Omni

I really don't like this HUB world thing.

Okay, I get what they were trying to do. But... the game would be so much better with just a menu. Too much running around as is.

Sephzilla

Okay, I get what they were trying to do. But... the game would be so much better with just a menu. Too much running around as is.

I think it would have been nice to have a menu option to go directly into 2 player versus mode at least. I'd also love for there to be a "retry" option for PQs.

Revven

Yeah I agree for the most part, I was just wondering about the sword really lol

Anyone know the name of the super that does this?

timthumb.php

I think it's called Super God Fist? But I might be remembering wrong, one of the Gokus has it already.

It is obvious they ripped it straight from the MMO.
A menu that lets you teleport right to where you want to go should have been added.

Respect

I'm certainly another who appreciates the lack of traditional fighting combos. Last game I played regularly with that type of fighting system was tekken 3...and before that the first street fighter on SNES.

Needless to say, I'm not too adept at that playstyle anymore and it is a relief (for me) that it isn't present here.

I'm fairly certain I recall some of the 360/PS3 games having stupid button/movement combos to pull off some moves.
No they all have 1/2 button systems nothing like traditional fighters. Keep in mind I've been playing guilty gear for a decade so stupid/complex for you might be different than for me.

My life the last two days.

Also yeah I had to stop myself from playing too much. Game is addictive as hell, yo.

yeah, ill just try to scratch the itch real quick and go to sleep early. i aint getting younger anymore and it's tough to game this hard lol

Played this game and kicked ass until I got to dark hercule.... Of all characters why can't I beat this piece of shit lmfao. And I'm a level 26 Saiyan...

i got stuck with him and had to retry a lot of times... wait till you beat him though it becomes more unfair thats when i decided to go to sleep instead

Next-gen or "Current-gen" is such a joke.

I can't believe they had the gall to tout 4k and can't even hold 1080/60 on a DBZ game. This is atrocious.

cyrok

So I pre-ordered it on Steam. It'll be out tomorrow the 27th. The last DB Game I had was TB3 on the wii and I loved it, but the multiplayer was laggy and glitchy. Has anybody had any issues with multiplayer with lags and glitches?

ryushe

My Kami.... Did they actually do it? Did they really make a great Dragon Ball Z game?

The music, the cinematics, the fighting system, the rpg elements, etc... It's all so good I can hardly believe it.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Next-gen or "Current-gen" is such a joke.

I can't believe they had the gall to tout 4k and can't even hold 1080/60 on a DBZ game. This is atrocious.

Why did you come here just to post this?
Also if you were to actually play it or view a good stream/YouTube of actual gam play it looks and plays perfectly fine at 1080p 30fps on ps4/xbo

4k 60fps was only for PC for this game

Sami+

Why did you come here just to post this?
Also if you were to actually play it or view a good stream/YouTube of actual gam play it looks and plays perfectly fine at 1080p 30fps on ps4/xbo

4k 60fps was only for PC for this game

Wait it's not even 60fps on PS4?

Huh.

Does it run like shit on PS3/360 or something?

So it is 30 FPS? Huh, have not notice any smoothness issues.
Quite happy with how it looks at 1080p 30 FPS.

Also don't diss the graphics because it is DBZ. The game looks way better than many games on the market.
This is a good license game up there with Shadow of Mordor (played some of it last week, good game).

I just want this day to end so Friday can get here. All you guys in the US are so lucky with anything Dragonball. I'm used to the 3 day wait for games but couple that in with the massive wait we had for the movie and I'm getting jealous.

Knowing my luck I still have a solid 24 hour wait and the postman won't get here until 4-5 pm.

Gbraga

Just one more day, guys!

Can't wait to jump right into PVP. SS4 Vegeta being pre-order DLC will actually be kinda useful so I can go to PVP without having to unlock stuff first. I'll probably get into the campaign on saturday.

Zunja

I'm loving the game so far. My biggest complaint is the lack of player transformations.

I figured it'd be a wish thing. Majins get perfect, Namekins grow big, and so on. It's by far my biggest complaint. The whole reason I wanted to make a Frieza race was to change forms like 4 times in battle and laugh. If they fix that for me in xeno 2 I'll be a happy man.

Maligna

Banned
I'm loving the game so far. My biggest complaint is the lack of player transformations.

I figured it'd be a wish thing. Majins get perfect, Namekins grow big, and so on. It's by far my biggest complaint. The whole reason I wanted to make a Frieza race was to change forms like 4 times in battle and laugh. If they fix that for me in xeno 2 I'll be a happy man.

This will probably be in Xeno 2. I also want the ability to make a child character, ala Gohan. Which you could do in Dragon Ball Online.

This will probably be in Xeno 2. I also want the ability to make a child character, ala Gohan. Which you could do in Dragon Ball Online.
Yeah, I see this much like the first Monster Hunter. It can grow and evolve and become something of a fandom
... or they will pull a Sega after Sonic Generations and decide to try something different. -_-

Reknoc

Just one more day for me now. Looking at footage though I can see two things that I'd want improving; firstly battle damage on the characters, if it's there already then I'm having trouble seeing it in the videos I'm watching so that means it's already not good enough. Secondly the damage decals for blasts and impact are awesome but they last a second I want them there longer, I want the goddamn F.E.A.R of Dragon Ball games.

Dynomutt

Excellent! Hate that Street Fighter style clunky combo crap.

Have pre-ordered the PC version and Season Pass for £50.

It may not be for you, but I wouldn't say Street Fighter controls are clunky. It actually takes quite a bit of finesse and skill to really understand the mechanics. Just saying.

Revven

This has two player same screen co-op correct. This thread is going to get me to spend money tonight.

It doesn't have local co-op, unfortunately. It only has local VS.

Just one more day, guys!

Can't wait to jump right into PVP. SS4 Vegeta being pre-order DLC will actually be kinda useful so I can go to PVP without having to unlock stuff first. I'll probably get into the campaign on saturday.

Uhh... I wouldn't recommend jumping straight into PvP, your level affects every character. So if you're facing a level 20 and you're still level 1 you're going to get stomped by just a few hits or even one super.

Lagamorph

It may not be for you, but I wouldn't say Street Fighter controls are clunky. It actually takes quite a bit of finesse and skill to really understand the mechanics. Just saying.

The slow and clunky movement of games like Street Fighter has passed. CC2 have spoiled me with their infinitely superior control system when it comes to 3D fighters.

Maligna

Banned
Just one more day for me now. Looking at footage though I can see two things that I'd want improving; firstly battle damage on the characters, if it's there already then I'm having trouble seeing it in the videos I'm watching so that means it's already not good enough. Secondly the damage decals for blasts and impact are awesome but they last a second I want them there longer, I want the goddamn F.E.A.R of Dragon Ball games.

There is battle damage that shows on your character when you are almost dead. I'll post a pic when I get home.

AlanOC91

Did the steam version timer just get updated?

I think it was around 15 hours until release a short while ago and now its showing 6 hours.
Everyone one the steam forums confirming it :D :D

k1t4j

That cell fight after
the fight with Hercule
is driving me crazy, keep getting gang banged :S

Going to do some PQ and level up I suppose

Muzicfreq

Banned
Most people say once you beat the story with your first character, you unlock more slots.
I want to go a Majin route next.

With Majin if you focus on health, stam and Ki Blast specials it makes you kinda unstoppable.

At lvl 24 with
Health:25
Max Ki:3
Max Stamina:16
Basic Attacks:5
Strike Super:0
Ki Blast Supers:20

Gear is all the Buu-gi Gravity set with the I...I'm a super Elite...!! z-soul from vageta

Supers from top to bottom
Shine Shot
Finish Breaker
Galick Gun
Energy Charge

Ultimates from top to bottom
Full Power Energy Blast Volley
Ultra Fighting Bomber

Evasive
Break Strike

ALSO THESE SERVERS ARE ABSOLUTE TRASH! WTF?!

Top Bottom