• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Pre-load is up on Steam, by the way.
1PjSESJ.png

Man I shoulda been a human female. All I do is ki blast ultimates.

I think I like the way ultimates worked in Tenkaichi better. You had to fully charge two ki bars and then use the move before the meter ran down. Now, from the videos I've seen, ultimates take barely any ki so you can spam the shit out of them, and then they for some reason thought it would be a good idea to let super saiyans use them unlimited.

Korezo

Why add armored bodies why!!!! I hate when I'm fighting and the guy is randomly armored and I'm just attacking like a idiot and getting wrecked.. Or does that mean Im low lvl? beerus and whis are lvl 60+ and im just 40+

Why add armored bodies why!!!! I hate when I'm fighting and the guy is randomly armored and I'm just attacking like a idiot and getting wrecked.. Or does that mean Im low lvl? beerus and whis are lvl 60+ and im just 40+

I think he means low level. I remember fighting Cell for the first time, I could barely get a solid hit on him. I went and did some parallel missions and leveled up 2 or 3 times, went back and it wasn't a problem.

That random super armor? I think its just for the sake of making the game harder....

Its pretty bad.

Love that little musical touch when walking around the Industrial Sector. Walk up to the clothing shop? Clapping. Mixing shop? Bongos. Good stuff.

Looking forward to impressions of the PC version.

Teknoman

The slow and clunky movement of games like Street Fighter has passed. CC2 have spoiled me with their infinitely superior control system when it comes to 3D fighters.

Are you talking about the budokai 1 style controls? Like punch 4 times, then ki button for kamehameha?

Count me in for PC impressions. Deciding factor between ps4 and PC.

That and to see which way GAF goes. Already seen a couple GAF on ps4 xeno and a person I know IRL.

Well if you are on PS4 feel free to add Muzikfreq
Sounds good. I have no PSN friends since most of my friends are Xbros.

Are you talking about the budokai 1 style controls? Like punch 4 times, then ki button for kamehameha?
Luckily the Xenoverse system is L2 + a button for Kamehameha now. It is why I love KH combat so much: simple, but complex at the same time.
I should not have to press 6 buttons to do a super.

i just realized not even once i used the block button lol. once i did, it was a piece of cake

on a side note, i kept playing til 2am and i feel like a zombie at work.

With Frieza yes, he's rightfully nerfed as far as how many he can throw and he doesn't have unlimited ki.. with a Ranked saiyajin player, good luck blocking the 4th one in a row!

Muzicfreq

Banned
Sounds good. I have no PSN friends since most of my friends are Xbros.

Luckily the Xenoverse system is L2 + a button for Kamehameha now. It is why I love KH combat so much: simple, but complex at the same time.
I should not have to press 6 buttons to do a super.

Yeah I plan on cleaning my friends list since it's nothing but people who have no interest in the games I play. Most of them are from the Starside echoes clan from Destiny.

I don't think there's any real customization in offline matches. Time limit included.

Thanks. This is seriously disapointing and honestly, I don't get how it didn't even make it in. If you are putting a time limit in battles, would it not be wise to also give the choice of disabling it too? Ridiculous.

Teknoman

All region versions of the game have the same soundtrack right? Its not like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 where Sparking Meteor had a different ost?

Revven

I beat Frieza my first try and I didn't even do it by getting lucky. There's three key things I did to make it a super easy fight:

1. I grinded until I was level 20 at least.

2. I played way more patiently with him than most other enemies. Instead of always rushing in and trying to melee, sometimes I'd guard right in front of him and block something of his and then I'd start to melee. Other times I'd just dash slowly around him a bit. In earlier sections I made sure to abuse the grab because you can't tech grabs in this game so everytime I got a knockdown on Frieza I waited for the right frame where his invincibility wears off from the get-up animation to regrab him again. This makes sections 2 and 3 much, much easier (in fact I even skipped a whole section because I brought Frieza's health down to zero in the first section).

3. Conserved my Ki and Stamina (stamina for vanish escapes mostly). I also jumped away from him a lot if I thought he was going to do that super slap move he has.

I should note that my character is a melee build but that shouldn't mean you still can't do #1 and #2 before fighting Frieza. I also had the Z-Soul "I'll never forgive you!" on which when you have max Ki it gives you an attack boost which coupled with the Earthling's already passive ability that boosts their attack when they're at max Ki it helps a lot in the early game when you are still learning the game and don't have much unlocked.

Frieza did fire off a death ball or two but I always made sure I never allowed him enough time to do it or kept my distance enough from him such that there was enough space to dash and dodge the death ball (since I haven't practiced Just Guards or offensive vanishes yet don't want to take any risks).

So, if you want to save yourself frustration grind to level 20, apply some of the strats above, and if level 20 isn't enough for your build then grind a bit more.

Waiting on my PS4 copy but I'm also getting tempted to grab the PC version a bit cheaper and ARCTAG it. I really wouldn't wanna risk my account though since I have so many games on my account and I'm not really sure on how that goes down. I've used other region codes on Steam but that was before the December shake up. I don't really know where we stand now with cross region and Steam.

Typically I'd just dive in and buy the PC version when I'm feeling the itch this bad but well, it's a money thing. Argh! Kinda wish I hadn't pre-ordered for PS4 now.

Korezo

I want the pc version now to for the preorder bonus... but got ps4 version for the online..

I was on the steam community page of Xenoverse looking at the pc game pic posted. I can't tell if it has that problem of the ps4 version where the game looks super Dim when you in town and some fights.

Teknoman

Which is a shame as I have a few friends that only own a PS4. At least there will be Street Fighter V :)

Hopefully the next DBZ game gets cross play.

Yep, but on the other hand depending on how the PC version goes, I guess there is an audience there what with games like Naruto hitting steam (i wonder how the community is there). I'd hate to get the PC version and then have empty hubs lol (or bad performance for that matter).

Yeah. I don't think they anticipated the game would sell this well. Also the game releasing on 5 different platforms at once does help either.

I think this game is feeling the Demon's Souls effect. Word of mouth on a low key release that turns out great.

I want the pc version now to for the preorder bonus... but got ps4 version for the online..

I was on the steam community page of Xenoverse looking at the pc game pic posted. I can't tell if it has that problem of the ps4 version where the game looks super Dim when you in town and some fights.
On PS4, there is no issues with brightness from what I seen. Could just be bad screens.
The only bad thing is sound mixing with SFX being way too loud. You want to crank that to 3 or 4.

But it does have a filter in some areas. Like the mountains are dimmer for some reason.

Namikaze

Honestly, the more I play the game the more I feel disappointed.

+Enjoyable story mode besides
Fighting the little Buu's during the Buu saga, that stage was straight from the pit of hell
+Combat is fast and fun for the most part.

-Grinding for armor sets/moves etc. is actually discouraging me from playing after story mode is done.
-Armor sets actually affecting your stats
-Hub world is ugly and annoying to navigate (would have preferred an option for menus)
-Having to use the hub world to play local multi
-No customization at all for local matches, only the tournament stage.
-Charging, transformations etc being moves and not standard on all characters..(it makes sense for balance, though)
-Armored enemies (maybe I just need to train some more)
-Skipping whole sagas (still love story for the most part, but there are some big jumps..)

Muzicfreq

Banned

That's a problem with the game itself. Some kinda filter. Also saw this with the Tales games

How the hell do you put the Trunks figure together?
Edit: Nevermind, I got it on. Now I shall join in on the Shiku Hadouken fests!
That's what they say right?

Top Bottom