• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Omni

Okay Krillin keeps dying on Frieza's ship when you have to kill 20 people.

Am I missing something here? This is actually stupid.

k1t4j

Try to agro the enemies by using some Ki strikes, you can also then go to the middle of the ship where they spawn and makes it easier to control the adds

Nordicus

One question, the Ki Blast and Strike Blast, do they affect every skill that is Ki/Strike based that you map to R2 or just the Ki/Strike based Supers that you map to L2+R2?
They affect all equippable special skills, not just ultimates

Try not to concentrate on one enemy too much. You want to be constantly switching from one guy to another, and leveling up helps at killing things quickly.

NZerker12

Seriously, fuck the
defeat 20 enemies with gohan and krillin in freezas ship mission. Gohan keeps dying all the time.
Such an annoying mission.

Wow. Vegito is shit stats.

God Goku is best for tankiness. Super Perfect Cell is best for offense.

One question, the Ki Blast and Strike Blast, do they affect every skill that is Ki/Strike based that you map to R2 or just the Ki/Strike based Supers that you map to L2+R2?

I think they affect ultimates and supers. I do ultimates all the time, and I definitely feel they're getting more powerful.

scabro

Has anyone figured out how to get the Z-Soul im the strongest on earth or whatever?

Ive finished this mission like 85 times lol. Nothing.

have nappa/radditz come back at the end? I think that needs to happen before you have a chance to get a random drop that MIGHT have the z soul. Im not sure what triggers it, but i got it on my first try and all i remember doing special was finishing vegeta with a gallick gun.

edit: just checked, it says one of the win conditions is to beat all the saibamen without any escaping. So i guess you have to do that, and then nappa and radditz may or may not appear, and if they do you might or might not get it anyway.

From what I observed, Raspberry's dangerous to them because he'll sit there and blast them while Gohan/Krillin try (and fail) to block. Interrupt the others and make sure Raspberry is fighting you. Most importantly, keep Gohan and Krillin close by so they don't get whittled down by reinforcements.

-Digits-

Can anyone who preordered the game on Steam tell me if your DLC tab has anything or not? I bought it off Gamersgate website and it stated that the preorder bonus was supposed to be there, but I only got the base game. Might have to request a refund due to their false advertising.

I also preordered from an external site and my DLC tab had an entry for the preorder dlc once I redeemed the code.

Korezo

How do you progress in training? Do you have to do a certain amount of quest or lvl a certain amount of times? Piccolo is taking forever to teach me final skill...

Maligna

Banned
How do you progress in training? Do you have to do a certain amount of quest or lvl a certain amount of times? Piccolo is taking forever to teach me final skill...

I think if you do offline PQs and use him as a partner that helps. Also use the mixes he's taught you.

Omni

Thanks for the tips guys. Got past that stupid thing in the ship.

Random question. To get 20x Kaioken, do I have to grind out this Saiyan Pride parallel quest and hope that it drops or something? I'm not quite sure how to get things. I might be missing a requirement but this game's UI is a mess.

Yaari

Received the game, I thought I'd get the Vegeta SSJ4 code but there's nothing in my case. It has to be a first print copy, a little disappointed. I don't think any site over here specifically said it included a pre-order code.

Edit: Seems there is some weird stuff going on with that character over here. Bleh disappointing.

hamchan

Just finished the story on lvl 50, with a male Majin.

I thought it was great. Really smart way to go through the usual DBZ story while adding twists, with an original story that totally felt like it could easily have been for a new DBZ movie.

I hope to see a sequel to this game, since to me it's most fun I've had with a DBZ game since Budokai 3. Granted, I think I still like the latter more because the fighting mechanics were better there, but give this series three entries and I can certainly see it catching up to that game. They skipped huge chunks of some of the arcs so there's definitely a lot of space for a sequel.

PSA for DutchGAF: Please do not buy this game at GameMania. This store was the only one offering the pre-order DLC. But somehow they are getting away with "I'm sorry, we didn't receive enough vouchers". This means that you'll be paying 70 euro's for a game without the promised DLC.

Go to Mediamarkt for a 50 euro pricetag.

Gbraga

Still very early into the game, didn't even unlock PVP, but I'm loving it already. What a fantastic intro!

GAF, meet my majin character:

ibkEFRxho3U3gP.png

UncleO

Bought it on PC last night before bed. Played it a bit before work this AM and man did this game tickle my inner child in all the right spots. Played smooth as butter and looks great.

So be on the lookout for "SNUGGLEBOOTS" online later this weekend.(ill post pics later)

-Digits-

PSA for DutchGAF: Please do not buy this game at GameMania. This store was the only one offering the pre-order DLC. But somehow they are getting away with "I'm sorry, we didn't receive enough vouchers". This means that you'll be paying 70 euro's for a game without the promised DLC.

Wow. They pulled the same stunt with the new 3ds xl when it came out. I went to pick up my Majora's Mask LE system and they told this dude in front of me that they didn't have his preordered system. No apology, no attempt to make it right, just a 'tough luck dude, cya'. I almost gave him my system, felt so bad for the dude.

UncleO

Wow. They pulled the same stunt with the new 3ds xl when it came out. I went to pick up my Majora's Mask LE system and they told this dude in front of me that they didn't have his preordered system. No apology, no attempt to make it right, just a 'tough luck dude, cya'. I almost gave him my system, felt so bad for the dude.

Thats not right. I thought Europe had tighter laws when it came to purchasing digital items?

I know there are items you can use so...when does the game tell you about those or how to equip them? Do I have to get to a certain part of the story or did I miss something early on?

Trickster

Do armor pieces ever end up showing more than one arrow for different stats? It's really hard to know if item x is better at a certain stat than item y, if both of them just have 1 arrow indicating that they give a boost for that stat

so yeah, after hours of playing i didnt know you could hold the button and continue your meteor rush. when i realized i could do that i stopped grinding and breezed through the mission with a bunch of cell jr/s that was giving me a hard time

If i lock the pc version to 30 fps the Ki blasts are visable, locking it to 60 they dont appear lol though they sometimes flash. I wonder if its an issue with framepacing somewhere that can be fixed

Do armor pieces ever end up showing more than one arrow for different stats? It's really hard to know if item x is better at a certain stat than item y, if both of them just have 1 arrow indicating that they give a boost for that stat

Z-Souls have two arrows on stats so I assume armor gets better as you gethigher-level drops.

Lagamorph

Anyone else having an issue on the PC version where Ki blast effects don't appear? They did the first time I loaded the game but ever since they seem to be invisible :S

Corgi

Banned
so... anyone figure out how to read gear specs? I get in general what the arrows mean, but how do you determine gear A is better than gear B?

Is it just due to the level?

Corgi

Banned
so which skills have yall found good/useful?

been mostly just using that multihit combo you start with, and sniping with kamehameha

I will say Super Saiyan comes so late that it is not worth factoring into characters.
Wish I went with female Majin. :p

Super Saiyan is better than Kaioken at least. You get unlimited ki with SSJ but only unlimited guard with kaioken. What in the hell am I supposed to do with unlimited guard when the only skills that use it are evasive and unlimited pinball combos are hard to do?

And I still haven't gotten used to teleporting. Most of the time my character disappears and flashes back in the same spot. I hope somebody mods in a practice mode.

Revven

I've been reading on various GAFQs threads that the clothing pieces increase stats by a percentage. I think it was something like 1 arrow = 2% and then 2 arrows = 4% and 3 = 6% etc. So the clothing stats aren't a huge deal unless you really want to have that extra buff anyway.

UncleO

I wonder how well it would run on an 4th gen i3 4150 + 750ti ftw

Should run great.

here are the recommended pc specs.

CPU: Intel Core i3-530, 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.0GHz
RAM: 4 GB
OS: Windows Vista (x64) / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 (x64)
Video Card: 1 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti / AMD Radeon HD 6790

Ultimadrago

On the Steam page for the Season Pass I'm seeing Lunch, yet I see no official confirmation of her as a DLC character. I'm thinking she's probably just a Human Female costume. Goddammit, I want to play as Lunch ;__;

launch-s-sneeze-gif-dx6uaz.gif

Top Bottom