• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

This is annoying. The second dragon ball mode PQ has a bugged dragon ball that you can't get.

Edit: Nm, had to blow away some inconspicuous wall even though I Kamehameha'd it like 5 times already.

Teknoman

Where is the option for that?

Also, should I spend my money or just hang onto it?

Title screen game options.

How do you get to the actual online lobby after beating Vegeta? I have the option for online PQs now and normal fights, but isnt there supposed to be an actual version of the city with players around?

Title screen game options.

How do you get to the actual online lobby after beating Vegeta? I have the option for online PQs now and normal fights, but isnt there supposed to be an actual version of the city with players around?

Players show up in the city around that point, yeah. They'll be the weird-looking characters lounging around Toki Toki City with yellow names. I think the servers are down right now though, because my game never went online; it fetched generic offline versions of said characters instead.

It was sorta weird at first. For a while I thought I was the only one that didn't use my real name when making my character.

Teknoman

Players show up in the city around that point, yeah. They'll be the weird-looking characters lounging around Toki Toki City with yellow names. I think the servers are down right now though, because my game never went online; it fetched generic offline versions of said characters instead.

It was sorta weird at first. For a while I thought I was the only one that didn't use my real name when making my character.

Oh ok, because yeah i'm seeing lots of yellow named characters, but they all have generic sounding names like Greg, Steve, and Jack.

The matchmaking works well though and seems to be pretty lag free. My first parallel was with two SSJ4 Vegetas though...so that wasnt very interesting lol. Its too bad online PQs arent restricted to created characters.

I wonder if the World Tournament will be?

scabro

sounds like you guys are in the single player lobby

you choose the multiplayer lobby from the main selection screen before you choose your created character to get into the city

Teknoman

sounds like you guys are in the single player lobby

you choose the multiplayer lobby from the main selection screen before you choose your created character to get into the city

Yeah I see now. Its telling me the servers are down for the city lobby though. Matchmaking seems to be pretty damn good lag wise though. Even with someone that has 3 bars.

Btw sorry Vegeta, forgot you have to lock on to revive a player :(

I need more Xenoverse friends:
Steam ID: Teknoman

I say we get a PSN/XBL list going and a Steam community up. Game has some serious legs.

Leam

Damn it I didn't get the vegeta DLC codes from amazon, apparently here in spain once they run out they run out :(

Any word about it being available later?

Can someone explain something to me.
Your Supers and Ultimate's seem to use Stamina, so what is Ki Energy used for?

And, holy balls Destiny Ball Z is amazing and addictive!

How do you get dragon balls? Do you have to pick up the Items in PQs and hope for one to be a ball or do they randomly just drop for completing a pq?

Stamina is just defense moves like warping, blocking, and transformations. beams and rush attacks use KI.

Yellow bar = Ki and Green Bar = Stamina then, correct?
Damn, I've been reading it wrong, thankfully I'm a low enough level that I haven't caused any permanent damage to my build

Hunting for item's in PQ's seem to hurt your Rank though, doesn't higher Rank give higher chances for items?

Korezo

How do you get dragon balls? Do you have to pick up the Items in PQs and hope for one to be a ball or do they randomly just drop for completing a pq?

Stamina is just defense moves like warping, blocking, and transformations. beams and rush attacks use KI.

I'm 6/7 Dragon Balls. They come from defeating Time Patrollers often seen in PQs waiting to be challenged or an extra stage of the PQ.

Yeah, this game is exactly what I wanted when I was a kid.
I really hope there's a way to get the gold/crystal armor... didn't know this was coming out so soon.

k1t4j

Dam I just hit a wall

that fight where Buu splits into 6 guys
is hard as hell.

I am only lv 35, maybe I need to either "get gut" or level up

JNA

Banned
Dam I just hit a wall

that fight where Buu splits into 6 guys
is hard as hell.

I am only lv 35, maybe I need to either "get gut" or level up

You don't have to actually beat all the Buus, you just have to keep beating one at a time and survive.

k1t4j

You don't have to actually beat all the Buus, you just have to keep beating one at a time and survive.

Thank you, I'll try that :)

Also, what race you guys playing? I have a male human, but truth be told I am itching to make a namekian or majin.

Teknoman

Oh.. you mean its not automatic? That's counterintuitive!

**PC version**

It makes me try to automatically join whenever I go to game start now or whatever. Shows this when trying to connect to the online city:

ib0clMFRcdYRqa.png

Online gameplay in general so far though, is lag free.

Too bad there arent some form of replays or replay saves to be viewed from different angles...or are there? I havent played VS yet.

Future Saiyan Turmeric:

Kiyo

Thank you, I'll try that :)

Also, what race you guys playing? I have a male human, but truth be told I am itching to make a namekian or majin.

Saiyan. Are you taking 4 energy (health) potions to it as well? I think I ended up using 3 on that fight.

JNA

Banned
When you beat the game you can automatically make new characters.

Just saw it. Thank goodness!

Now I can actually try out other races. I've been using my Saiyan as a KI Blaster pretty much so I think I want to make a stamina build for this one.

Which race is better for up close combat? Namekian?

Teknoman

If you can't wish for a Panties head accessory from the Dragon then DIMPs have failed greatly.

Seeing how even though there are plenty of dammits flying around, but no hole in Goku from beam cannon, Yajirobe just being completely missing (way to change history Trunks) so no Krillin trying to slice Vegeta with a sword later, I think that'll probably not be in.

Still kinda surprised those were missing but eh.

Smash88

Banned
Can anyone who preordered the game on Steam tell me if your DLC tab has anything or not? I bought it off Gamersgate website and it stated that the preorder bonus was supposed to be there, but I only got the base game. Might have to request a refund due to their false advertising.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just finished with Krillin as my Mentor. Got that Scatter Kamehameha

on a scale 1 to yalaintready, its a strong yalaintready

My little brother picked this up for me so he has some people to play with. hehe.

I am gonna download it as soon as I get home tonight!

Teknoman

You only have to beat Vegeta to unlock all other online modes.

No way to replay cutscenes or revisit Time Patrol quests?

Also is the World Tournament an actual online event that opens at a later date? On that note, had no idea the game would have actual events.

chaosaeon

Also, I wish I could preview gear before buying it and have a way to equip it without it affecting my stats. Almost everything I can buy right now has a red arrow for Ki, which is the Saiyans' strength.

Oh FFS I can't stand when games do that, but it keeps happening over and over again.

k1t4j

Saiyan. Are you taking 4 energy (health) potions to it as well? I think I ended up using 3 on that fight.

You know what I always forget to equip items, I'll try and take some hp ones next time.

My character hates the "Hohoho" laugh as much as I do

There's a fighting pose for basically every imaginable buff in game. Great Saiyaman's almost all of them combined, but the animation is ridiculously long
Just walk inside the big building instead of talking to Trunks

Your character looks amazing :D

Oh FFS I can't stand when games do that, but it keeps happening over and over again.

Should have gone the DC Universe Online route where you can save a "costume" for your character and then equip anything without affecting your appearance. Character's in Dragon ball are known for their distinct outfits so no idea why they didn't include it

Top Bottom