• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Whats up with the controller input icons in this game. I'm playing with the DS4 and it keeps switching to keyboard icons to 360 icons from screen to screen and it's confusing me. I just want 360 icons any fix?

Stop touching the touchpad or turn it off in DS4Windows.

JNA

Banned
Just finished Story Mode. It was pretty fun. Great seeing the classic history again in different variations.

Especially that moment when you help with Goku's Spirit Bomb on Kid Buu. That was epic!

Ending Boss Spoiler:
and that moment where you and Goku do a Kamehameha together on the Demigra.

My only complaint really is two things about the mode. 1: Your character doesn't talk in cutscenes. That's a huge bummer. 2.
Beerus and Whis are way too hard unless you spam Final Flash lol.

Teknoman

The Saiyan from the Future, Turmeric arrives! /DBZ narrator voice

So how do you/can you do chase attacks after launching someone?

What do they mean by pressing the button when using the Meteor Rush super? The physical attack button or the actual button for the shortcut?

PC version:

Anyone find out where/how to replace music files yet?

Also everyone should keep the glare setting down the low or just off. It stops everyone's hair and skin from glowing with neon brightness when just standing around.

EDIT: It should sell well. Its a very well made game, and PC port to boot. I hope the online community thrives for awhile, especially through whatever DLC they have planned and those world tournaments...and of course that the netcode holds up for worldwide co-op / vs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Saiyan from the Future, Turmeric arrives! /DBZ narrator voice

So how do you/can you do chase attacks after launching someone?

What do they mean by pressing the button when using the Meteor Rush super? The physical attack button or the actual button for the shortcut?

PC version:

Anyone find out where/how to replace music files yet?

Also everyone should keep the glare setting down the low or just off. It stops everyone's hair and skin from glowing with neon brightness when just standing around.

They actually mean holding the button(s)

Level 32 female human, and I think I'm already stronger than my level 50 male human.

Spent no points other than Ki Blast Supers and Max Health with a 2:1 ratio of Ki Supers to Helath.

Spam dem Perfect Kamehameha.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The voice acting (dubbed) is so bad in this one. I guess because I haven't watched the dub in years, but I played Raging Blast 2 and found everyone alright, in this one they have really stilted dialogue and just sound bad at parts.

The worse offender is definitely Trunks. His voice is really rough, and it cracks me up how he has those weird pauses when he's talking. "This...is the power of a full-blooded Saiyan"? Maybe I'm just too use to the original voices after marathoning it...

One thing I love is how the game has lots of different dialogue depending on who you're using in different missions. Like I'm playing as a Namekian, and people keep confusing him for Piccolo, it's a really nice touch.

Durden77

The voice acting (dubbed) is so bad in this one. I guess because I haven't watched the dub in years, but I played Raging Blast 2 and found everyone alright, in this one they have really stilted dialogue and just sound bad at parts.

The worse offender is definitely Trunks. His voice is really rough, and it cracks me up how he has those weird pauses when he's talking. "This...is the power of a full-blooded Saiyan"? Maybe I'm just too use to the original voices after marathoning it...

One thing I love is how the game has lots of different dialogue depending on who you're using in different missions. Like I'm playing as a Namekian, and people keep confusing him for Piccolo, it's a really nice touch.

Yeah it's really bad, especially with the in-engine cutscenes. I know it's especially hard to dub those, but holy shit. There's times where they are litterally moving their mouths for like 3 seconds with no audio.

And a lot of it just seems out of context and weird. Oh well. You gotta always give em props for getting all the VA's.

The original voices were dramatically better. I don't know why they're so bad.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I love though when one of the characters says some really out-of-moment dialogue though when you're fighting them, had this one during the Parallel Quest where everyone's been killed by Nappa. Goku showed up and...

Goku: Haha, this is just like fighting Piccolo!

Goku: AHHHHHH! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!

in order from best to worst imho
Health
Ki Blast Supers
Stamina
Max Ki
Basic Attacks
Stike supers

woah basic attack is so low tho. thats what i was planning on investing my points in too but thats mainly because i thought it made your light and heavy attacks stronger.

The original voices were dramatically better. I don't know why they're so bad.

i do notice trunks voice is pretty annoying. also frieza said a word here and there during the prologue, it looks like its not his original voice actor :(

Muzicfreq

Banned
woah basic attack is so low tho. thats what i was planning on investing my points in too but thats mainly because i thought it made your light and heavy attacks stronger.

i do notice trunks voice is pretty annoying. also frieza said a word here and there during the prologue, it looks like its not his original voice actor :(

I only use them to build up a good super/ultimate.
You can build a melee majin though as well in which you swap the places of priority.

hamchan

I've been putting the most into basic attack since that's what I'm mostly hitting the enemy with. Only use supers as combo enders.

Pappasman

i can understand the drops being random

but what the fuck dont make the conditions in order to trigger an event that THEN gives you a random drop, random. Thats like trying to get hit by lightning twice.

fuck this is frustrating.

i just want super vegeta man

Seriously, I've been watching my brother try to unlock super saiyen in parallel quest 14 and he can't even get goku to go SS to have a chance at getting the drop. Pretty stupid imo.

xBladeM6x

Just started playing, and already got a Hercule Coin (Legendary) worth 30000.
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

Branson

So they kept Chris Ayers from Kai? Great! Hes a fantastic Frieza. Honestly they portray the characters more naturally now, and not as over the top if you haven't seen Kai or Battle of Gods.

Just looked up a Youtube video, yep its the Kai voices. Also good to see it selling well on Steam. How is the port?

scabro

Seriously, I've been watching my brother try to unlock super saiyen in parallel quest 14 and he can't even get goku to go SS to have a chance at getting the drop. Pretty stupid imo.

I JUST got it to work, holy shit.

It was an online quest with 3 other people, went exactly the same as every other time i've tried it, except this time he went ssj and i got the right drop.

apparently i was the only one from my team to get it lol. its completely random.

Teknoman

They actually mean holding the button(s)

So keep holding RT+Y or just Y?

10,800 playing now
11,243 today's peak
11,243 all-time peak

Pretty fantastic numbers. The Naruto games only had around 4-5k peak.

Press X after doing a combo and launching someone away, then you'll appear behind them and can continue the combo on them. Takes 2 stamina.

A little while ago, I think I accidentally did a strong chase (ki dash with a hard hit chase) by pressing Y. Does it have to be right after they launch or can there be a few second delay depending on if you want to find a better place to fight / look for items?

EDIT: I've been thinking of going japanese VA for awhile now. Some of the english voice actors dont really seem to be delivering right at times.

Nordicus

The description on Raditz's moves to make V-shaped beams is inaccurate.
Do you click on the left stick? No
Do you hold it downwards? No
You hold it to the side

Took me a few rounds of offline battles vs CPU to figure it out
How is the port?
It's genuinely good imo
So keep holding RT+Y or just Y?

A little while ago, I think I accidentally did a strong chase (ki dash with a hard hit chase) by pressing Y. Does it have to be right after they launch or can there be a few second delay depending on if you want to find a better place to fight / look for items?
You keep holding Y

The hard chase? The shorter comboes that start with a string of X attacks and end on a launching Y can be chased with simple Y input. At least that's how it works on my Majin.

really??? i thought trunks sounded the same as always.

Varna

Wasn't able to get into any online games but this port seems very good. Running at an easy 80 FPS (that's my cap) and my GPU is barely going above idle temp.

Anyone figure out a way to get better AA?

EDIT: Got no problem with the dub myself. My strongest association with the characters is from DBZ: Abridged and lots of people sound really similar.

Matchew

This has probably been asked but I didn't see it anywhere but as a Saiyan where should I be putting my points into?

really??? i thought trunks sounded the same as always.
The voice is the same, the delivery is super rough. Sounds like they didn't give him any direction or context, just had him read lines as they were written

Trunks is my favorite DBZ character but he's pretty unbearable in this

Frieza's new voice is garbage. I've grown used to Gohan's but seriously, what a terrible voice.

Matchew

The voice is the same, the delivery is super rough. Sounds like they didn't give him any direction or context, just had him read lines as they were written

Trunks is my favorite DBZ character but he's pretty unbearable in this

Frieza's new voice is garbage. I've grown used to Gohan's but seriously, what a terrible voice.

I like Trunks a lot also and he sounds really rough in this, he sounds horrible. Haven't really been had an issue with anyone else though.

Teknoman

The description on Raditz's moves to make V-shaped beams is inaccurate.

Do you click on the left stick? No
Do you hold it downwards? No
You hold it to the side

Took me a few rounds of offline battles vs CPU to figure it out
It's genuinely good imo You keep holding Y

The hard chase? The shorter comboes that start with a string of X attacks and end on a launching Y can be chased with simple Y input. At least that's how it works on my Majin.

Yeah I figured it out, you either teleport using jump or chase using strong attack (guess i should refer to the actual moves since its multiplatform).

I guess i'll just roll english voices for now.

I cant wait till its revealed how to replace music files though. I think this would be best for Tokitoki city:

Dan Dan slower paced instrumental

And of course select tracks from the shows / movies. I've wanted to fight to Solid State Scouter since I heard the theme.

Nordicus

Yeah I figured it out, you either teleport using jump or chase using strong attack (guess i should refer to the actual moves since its multiplatform).
You can teleport using Light attack in some combos too, at least in case of Majin.

For Majin, starting with single strong attack and then mashing a string of lights results in a combo that spends more than half its duration teleporting behind a launched opponent. It's handy if you got multiple enemies on you and want to melee without getting harassed. The teleport attacks can also be cancelled into teleport supers

Top Bottom