• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

hamchan

The last Vegeta mentor level also gives like 7-9k experience and isn't very hard. Can be useful for anyone around level 30 needing to level to get through story.

Zomba13

I made a Namek for two reasons...

1. I knew most people would be saiyans.

2. We all know that the nameks are the "black people" of DBZ....
At least thats how I always felt.

Psh, Nameks are the ballers of the DBZ universe. Why be a boring human or a weird Mr Blobby or a Frieza clone when you can be the same race as mother fucking Piccolo? Who cares if you can't go SSJ? You're green, mean and better than everyone else.

Borman

Is it too late to get the preorder bonus via digital on either XBO or PS4? Might just go to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up a copy if they have the Day 1.

Been playing this game all day and I'm loving it! The only complaints I have are that it seemed to dump all the combat info on me too fast so I ended up stumbling my way through the fights for a while before grasping all the mechanics, the hub needs a faster way of getting around, and the filter on consoles is annoying as hell. Especially when you're swapping between both versions, the difference is clear as day.

Only other complaint would be the default options on PC suck with only FXAA to choose from so you have to force decent AA. This seems to be growing rather common recently though anyway.

Ultimadrago

I'm going to become Vegeta's apprentice. A dream come true. My favorite DBZ character/jobber ;___;

By the way, what is everyone's favorite Ultimate animation? Like, which move do you simply enjoy seeing your custom character use?

I don't have any moves at all, but I love the chuckle in Weekend:

2015-02-27_00008yts15.jpg

Looking forward to seeing more of them in action. (And, of course, I don't remember as many Ultimates from the show as I thought I did).

Finally caved and bought it on Steam... now, a very long wait. Hasn't even downloaded 1%, lol. I better go do something else

*flicks back to download progress*

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm going to become Vegeta's apprentice. A dream come true. My favorite DBZ character/jobber ;___;

By the way, what is everyone's favorite Ultimate animation? Like, which move do you simply enjoy seeing your custom character use?

I don't have any at all, but I love the chuckle in Weekend:

Looking forward to seeing more of them in action. (And, of course, I don't remember as many Ultimates from the show as I thought I did).

I'm gonna start taking screenshots. Love Vacation Delete though (and the stun afterwards leads right into a hilariously long combo you can do with Shining Slash charge shenanigans)

Humans are underrated. Going straight base attack damage has people in online battles legit shook. Stamina for days too.
When will my mentor teach me a new skill? I've used the first one they gave me like a million times.

I got 'stuck' with Android 18 a while ago too. I had to un-equip the ability, the re-equip it for it to start tallying experience for me.

Also, whoever said that bringing your mentor into missions with you may be on to something as well. Seemed I got ton more exp when I did that.

Another note -> Endless Shoot is soooooo good

Anung

Un Rama
Been playing this all day none stop and I've hit level 30. Absolutely loving it and its pretty much my dream DBZ game. Few kinks for them to iron out in XV2 like adding lobby systems but other than that Dimps have made an incredibly polished solid game.

Varna

Couple of questions...

Evade skills can only be used when being attacked?

I'm missing PQ #6... Is this normal?

Also I see Kaioken x20 is a drop for one of these missions... I haven't even seen the normal one though. That normal?

After galick gun and full power energy blast volley , what's the next move? Maybe I have it because I have yet to receive another mission from him and according to the master page his maxed(right bar)

Matchew

How do you get Dragon Balls? Also, I got Piccolo as a mentor how do I complete the next step. He just keeps saying to use his move in real battles. Is there a set number of times I have to use that move to move on? Not sure how mentors work.

Pappasman

This is probably a long shot, but once you unlock additional CaC slots will the new characters you make carry over inventory and available stuff from the shop?

Dammit, I am getting annoyed with the Ginyu mission in the ship. Stupid krillin and gohan keeps dying... >.>

Stay as close to Krillin and Gohan as you can, if an enemy gets knocked into a room change targets for one in the center and abuse the crap out of Milky Cannon since it has a pretty nice AOE in the confined space.

while that would be awesome I havent seen many games mimic 2d in 3d space to that level yet.
It's getting better and always learning new tricks
It's only a matter of time before games reach that level. Not yet, but... eventually.

I can't say I'm upset that it's a straight port. As someone with a decent-but-not-amazing graphics card, being able to hit 60 FPS while still having it look like Dragonball is superb.

Couple of questions...

Evade skills can only be used when being attacked?

I'm missing PQ #6... Is this normal?

Also I see Kaioken x20 is a drop for one of these missions... I haven't even seen the normal one though. That normal?

Not sure about evade skills, but you probably wouldn't ever want to use them when you weren't being attacked, even if you could.

Also some missions don't get added to the list at the desk until you talk to an npc in town. Look for characters with question marks over their heads and they'll usually offer you a quest. I believe you have to beat the quest solo before it'll get added to the list for coop.

Kaioken and kaioken x3 are probably rewards for missions from NPCs that you haven't talked to yet.

Top Bottom