• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

I did that, you will need tons of points in stamina and ki supers. Good to have someone like Krillin as mentor, for his disc super ;)

Basically, you need to gear towards ki supers and not towards basic attacks/strike supers, and you will need to grind a little(?) between missions, to make sure that you are doing the damage you need to do.

Also, on team-missions, you can enjoy the benefits of not having to be on their faces all the time, and just sit back and spam B a little while your teammates engage.

damn lol i gotta get the dragonballs and respec my character i put 20 points in basic attack
and like 18 in Ki attacks

Nordicus

I did that, you will need tons of points in stamina and ki supers. Good to have someone like Krillin as mentor, for his disc super ;)
I do not really agree with this, because Majins get a defense buff when their Stamina is at max, which becomes harder to achieve the higher your max stamina is

Omni

What the hell

Apparently the "Dragon Ball Xenoverse service is not available" and it kicks me to the main menu after doing missions. Even though I chose to do it offline

Durden77

So does anyone else think that the stamina bar refills too quickly after being fully depleted? I've noticed lately it's actually a viable strategy to intentionally run the entire bar out when it's low, so that you can get a full bar back quickly.

It should probabky refill slower, or either refill regularly and allow you to use stamina moves again once the bar is filled back to one block.

JNA

Banned
Welp, finished all of story, completed all PQs, and reached lv 80. I guess the only thing left to do is complete all the masters. :p

If I create a new character, do I have to work my way up to LV 80 again or will I be given the stats from the start?

Nordicus

I love God Breaker super so much

Why can I not see any energy blasts or power auras?
Someone earlier in the thread said it was something to do with framerate, I'm not sure how true that is. I've got the same issue.
Yeah, if this is an issue, apparently limiting the framerate to 30 helps
If I create a new character, do I have to work my way up to LV 80 again or will I be given the stats from the start?
Leveling is one of the few things you need to do all over, although that's made faster by all the PQs being unlocked

JNA

Banned
Also here is my lv 80 Saiyan I will share with you all! :D

My final stats:

Health: 38
Stamina: 54
Ki: 54
Basic Attack: 40
Strike Super: 1
Ki Blast Super: 50

I never use any strike supers so I pretty much just disregard it completely. 54 stamina and 54 Ki gives me exactly 6 bars on both of them. Which I think is the perfect amount for me. Ki Super at 50 because I want to wreck shit up with Final Flash and stuff. Health seems to be just fine at 38 for me where I don't die so fast. And 40 Attack because I want punches to actually do something.

Any thoughts on it? 0_0

katagai

Those that are playing Saiyans, what are you focusing on? Basic attacks and ki supers? Health?

Cheers for sharing!!

I made the mistake of spreading my stats out too much and not focusing on one thing. Currently I'm just focusing on getting Ki Blast Supers to at least 30 or so, then probably getting Health and Ki up afterwards in preparation for SSJ form.

Also is there a mistake with the description for Fighting Pose A? Ginyu says it "boosts your stats temporarily" yet the actual skill description says it allows you to automatically guard temporarily. I've used it in battle several times and it doesn't make me automatically guard.

Any thoughts on it? 0_0

I already regret putting 7 points into Strike Supers, now you're making me regret it even more :(

k1t4j

Have you guys tried using Team registration, for a group and then checked if when we do PQ all of the team members get a rating?

What sucks with the online ones is that only the host gets one :/

Nordicus

I have that skill but I've been pretty much using Final Flash. Is it fast to use? 0_0
It's not as easy to use as an evasive move, but when I know someone's about to come and melee me, or when my attack string is blocked and enemy attacks are imminent, I use that to create some extreme distance.

Best part is that it only costs Ki if enemy attacks you

What's the best use of the L2 step dash move?
I'm level 12 now and playing as a Namek, and I've not really used that yet.

I'm liking the game so far, and the Namekian throw is awesome. Stats wise I want to focus on Stamina, attack, and Ki blast strikes (that's Ki based ultimates, right?) mainly, I think. How many ability points do you get in total?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
^Ki all day. A lot of Saiyan builds are just highlighting the glass cannon description

Finally beat the story mode. Level 51 for me too - seems to be the magic number for a lot of people.

I love how nobody is talking about Kaioken. That shit carried me through the 6 on 2 at the end. Ki blasts are cool and all, but if you can lock enemies in a solid 20 hit basic attack loop, it turns all of you allies into turrets. Even if allies don't insta-gib people for you, basic attack damage is nothing to sneeze at. Super Drain allows you to keep Kaiokenx20 going indefinitely - if you have a generally (near) impossible to block strike super-attack you can just remove enemies from the fight entirely and Blazblu combo them to death with quasi-wakeup shenanigans. Wasn't even fair lol. I may have popped a Regen M once during the entire last encounter.

Reknoc

This game is really good, this is definitely a series they need to keep and improve on. It's a shame online didn't want to work when I played last night, I want to see how many Namekians are called Big Green.

Trunks needs to lay off the chain smoking.

tuna_love

Banned
Also here is my lv 80 Saiyan I will share with you all! :D

My final stats:

Health: 38
Stamina: 54
Ki: 54
Basic Attack: 40
Strike Super: 1
Ki Blast Super: 50

I never use any strike supers so I pretty much just disregard it completely. 54 stamina and 54 Ki gives me exactly 6 bars on both of them. Which I think is the perfect amount for me. Ki Super at 50 because I want to wreck shit up with Final Flash and stuff. Health seems to be just fine at 38 for me where I don't die so fast. And 40 Attack because I want punches to actually do something.

Any thoughts on it? 0_0
I think you only need 50 ki for 6 bars

Omni

Goku_Yardrat.png

Is this armour in the game? Does anyone know where to get it?

Rizzi

Someone earlier in the thread said it was something to do with framerate, I'm not sure how true that is. I've got the same issue.

I love God Breaker super so much

Yeah, if this is an issue, apparently limiting the framerate to 30 helps
Leveling is one of the few things you need to do all over, although that's made faster by all the PQs being unlocked

Oh. Well that's weird.

It bothers me that Raditz's gear gives my character a tail.
He's a human!

Nordicus

I love how nobody is talking about Kaioken. That shit carried me through the 6 on 2 at the end.
Kaioken is neat, but I've just got barely enough Stamina not to feel utterly helpless so I haven't really messed around with it that much.
So almost a week after release, how's everyone still enjoying the game? For an old school DBZ fan is it must buy? Worth paying 60 for?
DBZ fan? It's absolutely fucking is worth the 60

DY_nasty

I think you only need 50 ki for 6 bars

hard to really say because it increases on level up even if you don't put any point into it. i put zero points into on my first character. had 4.5 bars at level 50. human male

Rizzi

As a human, what should I be focusing on? I've been putting points in physical attacks with a bit of ki and stamina.

DY_nasty

Its in the game. Goku's Yardat Armor. I forget what mission it drops in, but its fairly early.
Kaioken is neat, but I've just got barely enough Stamina not to feel utterly helpless so I haven't really messed around with it that much. DBZ fan? It's absolutely fucking is worth the 60
Had 8.7 bars of stamina. Don't even melee me bro.

Had Burter's evasive skill - breakout + decent speed buff combined with Gohan's Z soul where you get buff for every buff you give yourself (which applies to all the inherent race traits as well -> earthling with max ki gets attack bonus? *bam* z-soul activate). I was a gattling gun lol. PvP wasn't even fair

What's the best use of the L2 step dash move?
I'm level 12 now and playing as a Namek, and I've not really used that yet.

I'm liking the game so far, and the Namekian throw is awesome. Stats wise I want to focus on Stamina, attack, and Ki blast strikes (that's Ki based ultimates, right?) mainly, I think. How many ability points do you get in total?

I use the "step" move to close distance. If you use the L2 step and hit X (or jump) with the right timing you'll do a jump vanish. The distance seems to be random but it helps me avoid beam supers and provides some mix up. I heard you can use the step move to step cancel some attack strings as well as jump cancel. I have not seen anybody talk about the more advanced side of the combat. It is early on though. Hell, the servers are still screwed.

DY_nasty

I use the "step" move to close distance. If you use the L2 step and hit X (or jump) with the right timing you'll do a jump vanish. The distance seems to be random but it helps me avoid beam supers and provides some mix up. I heard you can use the step move to step cancel some attack strings as well as jump cancel. I have not seen anybody talk about the more advanced side of the combat. It is early on though. Hell, the servers are still screwed.

I'd trust step canceling a lot more if the camera wasn't out to kill me.

hamchan

Check out some of the death combos in this game on YouTube. Dash/step/jump canceling opens up some crazy combos in this game.

DY_nasty

Does it happen in a parallel quest thing? I didn't see it. Though admittedly I'm not too far into those.

Also. What exactly does Kaioken do?

Yeah, it drops in a PQ. Not sure which one, should be easy enough to turn to the second page of missions available and pick it out. Think you can buy it at a certain point too.

Kaioken will slowly drain your stamina bar but in return, all stamina costs will equal zero. You can keep filling the stamina bar by whatever means to extend the duration as needed or start the Kaioken fukkery with a lower than normal stamina meter to better manage the duration as well. If you run a basic attack power build or focus on it all, I'd really give it a shot along with the ki supers and general evasive moves that stun/paralyze as well as strikes with features like tracking, etc.

Also, its REALLY nice to see all my skills, equipment, etc are shared between characters. Thank you for not giving me a reason to hate you, Dimps.

Check out some of the death combos in this game on YouTube. Dash/step/jump canceling opens up some crazy combos in this game.

If they're the ones by Chaospunishment then, yeah, i've seen them.That was some crazyness. I wish there was notation or discussion on where and what point in the attack strings can you step cancel. That's the only thing i don't get at the moment. I also read somewhere that step cancels got a bit of a nerf since the network test :/ If they do a Xenoverse 2 maaaann i hope they fix the camera. Holy shit.

k1t4j

Funny you mention this, as i just got the Body from a drop in PQ 20

Also some of the High level PQ are super hard, like
SSJ God Goku
I melee him and he doesn't even need to block sometimes.

But the exp of these late ones is delicious

Tsunamo

Finished the final story mission today, good fun. I really love that the script/scenes have the sense of fitting in the manga/anime if it was canon minus some minor inconsistency's (not that there hasn't been any in the series over the years)

Hopefully the GT DLC isn't too expensive here or the season pass isn't too expensive, I want more but I don't want it all for $36, feels too steep.

Also I dunno if intentional or because of something preventing it but I loved how when training with Hercule I couldn't turn Super Saiyan. The World Champion clearly does not allow cheap tricks.
Man the difficulty jumps in pq is annoying
Yeah some of the later missions are ridiculously hard.
By the way, what is everyone's favorite Ultimate animation? Like, which move do you simply enjoy seeing your custom character use?

I don't have any moves at all, but I love the chuckle in Weekend:

Looking forward to seeing more of them in action. (And, of course, I don't remember as many Ultimates from the show as I thought I did).
I don't have too many at the moment but weekend was also my favorite thus far for the chuckle in the intro, it's a nice touch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrYc8N9mffc
Can't wait to make Super Roshi
I wonder if that's part of the season pass since launch outfit is part of it from what it looks like.
His beard and shades are unlockable in the main game, so it's possible all of Roshis stuff might be unlockable in the maingame.

Top Bottom