• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Is there another way to unlock SSJ4 Vegeta and the armors? Doesn't seem like I can just buy a preorder code from eBay like with the console versions.

Is there another way to unlock SSJ4 Vegeta and the armors? Doesn't seem like I can just buy a preorder code from eBay like with the console versions.
I don't think you can unlock them in-game.

They'll probably sell it down the road. I don't think preorder exclusives ever stay that way.

Varna

Not sure about evade skills, but you probably wouldn't ever want to use them when you weren't being attacked, even if you could.

Also some missions don't get added to the list at the desk until you talk to an npc in town. Look for characters with question marks over their heads and they'll usually offer you a quest. I believe you have to beat the quest solo before it'll get added to the list for coop.

Kaioken and kaioken x3 are probably rewards for missions from NPCs that you haven't talked to yet.

Thanks. And yeah, for the same mission too!

http://imgur.com/gallery/XaHJY

If anyone is interested in super sampling. Definitely helps the game look a lot cleaner.

EDIT: Damn. Game looks great with SSAA but it causes some flickering problems with some effects.

How are you leveling so fast??

I have everything unlocked, so I just do the easiest missions.

PQ 08 is super easy, do it until your level 10-15
PQ 15 can be tought, but using Full Power Frieza against himself with good support, it's no problem.

Then at level 25, I do PQ 52 Great Ape Festival
You should be doing enough damage to the Ape tails to kill them. I use God Goku because Spirit Bomb slows down the apes, and I just ki blast the tail if the Spirit Bomb didn't break through.

I skipped like 10 levels doing PQ 52 at level 25 lol.

ALSO! PQ 15 and PQ 52 are great Dragon Ball farming spots as the bonus objective is fighting a Time Patroller.

cyress8

Banned
Just beat the game. Beerus and Whis - hardest fight in the story by a crap ton. Lvl 50 for the last mission :D Now time to grind for gear.

Oni3298

I have everything unlocked, so I just do the easiest missions.

PQ 08 is super easy, do it until your level 10-15
PQ 15 can be tought, but using Full Power Frieza against himself with good support, it's no problem.

Then at level 25, I do PQ 52 Great Ape Festival
You should be doing enough damage to the Ape tails to kill them. I use God Goku because Spirit Bomb slows down the apes, and I just ki blast the tail.

I skipped like 10 levels doing PQ 52 at level 25 lol.

ALSO! PQ 15 and PQ 52 are great Dragon Ball farming spots as the bonus objective is fighting a Time Patroller.

You can do PQ53 at level one and instantly level up to 15, and repeat to keep leveling till you get high enough to do other pqs. Like you said, PQ52 is a pretty good one.

Also, for dragon ball farming, PQ12 is best because a patroller has a chance at spawning right at the beginning of the mission and you can fight him immediately without dealing with any other enemies. If he's not there or doesn't drop a dragon ball when you beat him just retry the mission. This is especially efficient for the last three or so dragon balls.

You can do PQ53 at level one and instantly level up to 15, and repeat to keep leveling till you get high enough to do other pqs. Like you said, PQ52 is a pretty good one.

Also, for dragon ball farming, PQ12 is best because a patroller has a chance at spawning right at the beginning of the mission and you can fight him immediately without dealing with any other enemies. If he's not there or doesn't drop a dragon ball when you beat him just retry the mission. This is especially efficient for the last three or so dragon balls.

Ah yeah I guess 53 would be easier as long as your buddies can tank a hit from Broly.

I like 15 because I one shot Frieza.

Branson

Wait, they call Mr. Satan "Hercule" in this game? I hate it. God Damnit thats not his name. That stupid OG Funi dub ruined everything!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Why does a Namekian even need to buy clothes?

Piccolo could just make clothes appear out of thin air.

JNA

Banned
Just completed Hercule's mastery.

...it was pretty lame was something funny lines I guess. For some reason, I expected a twist where I would get some really cool skill if I complete him but nope, all useless skills. XD

Still stuck on Krillin Master... The bar next to his picture in the menu is not moving up on the slightest no matter what I do.

Wait is that supposed to change? I never once saw it change until I maxed my mentorship level. Under my new mentor it has yet to move either.

Perhaps it's bugged.

Dominator

Wait is that supposed to change? I never once saw it change until I maxed my mentorship level. Under my new mentor it has yet to move either.

Perhaps it's bugged.
That's what somebody else mentioned, or so that's how I understood it. I could be completely wrong. But I've done an entire story section and about 10 PQ's and Krillin has yet to offer me anything else.

DrBo42

That's what somebody else mentioned, or so that's how I understood it. I could be completely wrong. But I've done an entire story section and about 10 PQ's and Krillin has yet to offer me anything else.

Are you finishing enemies/missions using one of the abilities he taught you?

JNA

Banned
Ok this mission is too damn stupid.

After getting all the time shards, the mission is defeating 15 enemies and then fight and defeat Frieza. After story mode, this doesn't seem hard right? Well the problem is, you also have to protect Gardock too. WHO IS SO FREAKING WEAK! He dies too fast and too easily. I'm all alive and good and just spamming my final flashes but I can't do anything about it because Gardock keeps dying.

Seriously what do I do here?

Melpontro

Wait, they call Mr. Satan "Hercule" in this game? I hate it. God Damnit thats not his name. That stupid OG Funi dub ruined everything!

Haven't the modern Funimation dubs switched back to his original name? Not sure about the Nicktoons version of Kai though. Always felt weird that the games still use the outdated names.

Ultimadrago

Okay, so now Vegeta's Mentor bar is full, I completed a few more PQs for good measure and he still ain't coughing up the last battle/skill. Am I supposed to do something for this to happen?

Haven't the modern Funimation dubs switched back to his original name? Not sure about the Nicktoons version of Kai though. Always felt weird that the games still use the outdated names.

Yes, the DVDs I own refer to him as Mr. Satan.

The other thing that is weird that I will let slide for now is how Vegeta lost his tail....I'll chalk it up to the timeline distortions. But it irked me haha

hamchan

Yes, the DVDs I own refer to him as Mr. Satan.

The other thing that is weird that I will let slide for now is how Vegeta lost his tail....I'll chalk it up to the timeline distortions. But it irked me haha

Prepare for more timeline distortions! It seems the way the Time Patrol fixes the timeline is to just make it near enough to what actually happened and not exactly what happened.

Varna

Kind of sucks how you can customize most gear.

I think I pretty much messed up my stats too. Spread a bit too far (at level 25 currently). Should only focus on 3-4 things it seems.

Dominator

This is the point of the game. Changing the way things happen, but getting the same outcome that you've seen before. I think its pretty damn sweet and I'm having a blast plaything through it.

I think I pretty much messed up my stats too. Spread a bit too far (at level 25 currently). Should only focus on 3-4 things it seems.

Is this the general opinion? Started as Saiyan, put first couple kevels into health and rest has been quite evenly spread.

Is it far better to specialize?

Teknoman

Prepare for more timeline distortions! It seems the way the Time Patrol fixes the timeline is to just make it near enough to what actually happened and not exactly what happened.

Xenoverse 2 stuff is gonna spiral out of control in that case. Plus wouldn't a random person popping up mess up things right off the bat?

Then again, that one movie with Trunks and the Androids already shows there is a split timeline. Dragon Ball is on the verge of Zelda level splits now heh.

Varna

Is this the general opinion? Started as Saiyan, put first couple kevels into health and rest has been quite evenly spread.

Is it far better to specialize?

I might be wrong but few people mentioned that it's impossible to cover your races deficit even by specializing (Saiyans will always be a low health class). So it seems like if you want to see some kind of difference you should specialize.

The story is neat, but none of it makes any sense. Why isn't Trunk's just fixing this stuff himself? Dude is a well trained SS. He could at the very least defeat Freeze and the Androids instead of trusting some nobody earthling. :p

Does anyone know what Super Saiyan mode actually raise? All stats?
I really should test this.

My saiyan can maintain SSJ2 form in 1on1 fights pretty well. I still need to get the SSJ Vegeta Z-Soul that reduces consumption of ki for SSJ form.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I thought the gear could only give you a 5% swing in a stat at max

J4g3r

Been trying to get this Z Soul for Vegeta's training for ages now.

Is there anything specific I have to do during the bonus event to get it or is it all up to RNG?

Raxious

What's a good stat to start boosting points in? Just got the game, lvl 4 and no idea what to do with my points. I'm a Saiyan btw.

Korezo

How do you get put in the same Hub as friends? So we can favorite eachother so we can send/ recieve items and quest without having to make a room all the time.

Nordicus

So do different Super attacks or Ultimate attacks hit harder than others?

Also how do you "jump back" when using Masenko?
I think there are some major power differences between various attacks

You jump back by holding left stick towards you as you input the Masenko command

V_Arnold

so do i go ki blast for my female majin??

what are recommended stats cuz im getting my ass whooped by everybody.

I did that, you will need tons of points in stamina and ki supers. Good to have someone like Krillin as mentor, for his disc super ;)

Basically, you need to gear towards ki supers and not towards basic attacks/strike supers, and you will need to grind a little(?) between missions, to make sure that you are doing the damage you need to do.

Also, on team-missions, you can enjoy the benefits of not having to be on their faces all the time, and just sit back and spam B a little while your teammates engage.

Top Bottom