• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Revven

Is this one good? I played and liked Budokai 3 (godtier) and Burst Limit (eh, was okay). I hate the Tenkaichi games (they are very bad games). I figure it's been like 8 years since the last DBZ game I played, maybe this is the one??

Also I just had a thought: why the hell isn't there a DBZ Musou game??

The game is a mix of the Budokais and Tenkaichi, it has systems close to Budokai (such as a punch and a kick button, actual combos, fighting game mechanics like parrying and cross-ups, etc etc) while it has Tenkaichi's free form 3D movement. It's what most people have wanted for awhile (excluding just wanting a Budokai 4).

Oh apparently this stream was trying online but it was VS a Japanese player: www.twitch.tv/slaythe

I'm watching it now and he just said that the lag wasn't bad. So the netcode might actually be good. But he stopped playing online for now .

The music seems to follow the tones of the JP soundtrack from the series a lot, much as I like that I do miss the more rock like music some of the games have had in the past, budokai 3 having the best tracks but there was issues with the composer and all that.

Stuart444

So yeah, from what I've seen, the gameplay looks more skill based and less luck 'Rock Paper Scissors' based which is a good thing

Hyped :D

Also is Cha La in it at all? (as the op or otherwise)

Revven

So yeah, from what I've seen, the gameplay looks more skill based and less luck 'Rock Paper Scissors' based which is a good thing

Hyped :D

Also is Cha La in it at all? (as the op or otherwise)

The FLOW version of it is used in the Intro afaik.

Namco Europe just announced on their webstream that the PS4/X1 versions of the game are locked to 30 however on PC the game supports Nvidia 3D, 60fps and also 4k.

After Yamcha ending up top tier in Infinite World (Only other characters in that game with comparably overwhelming rushdown are both adult and GT Goku and Syn/Omega Shenron), I've learned to to sleep on certain characters in Dimps DBZ fighters.

Aru

The japanese version doesn't have the DBZ OST? Weird, most DBZ games had it for a while.

Hoping we can mod the OST into the PC version.

Karsha

Meh, why can't they add a 10 sec finisher/ultimate instead of just making boring beams? Dbz was all about the flashy moves, you'd wait 3 episodes just seeing Goku charge a move and you;d still be satisfied . Budokai 3 had this covered nice, it hasn't been the same since then :/

Meh, why can't they add a 10 sec finisher/ultimate instead of just making boring beams? Dbz was all about the flashy moves, you'd wait 3 episodes just seeing Goku charge a move and you;d still be satisfied . Budokai 3 had this covered nice, it hasn't been the same since then :/
Because the game's 3v3 elements for both offline and online means it'd be impractical. That's the reason Dimps has given.

Korezo

Namco Europe just announced on their webstream that the PS4/X1 versions of the game are locked to 30 however on PC the game supports Nvidia 3D, 60fps and also 4k.

Damn, I had the ps4 version pre ordered now Im a have to cancel it and get it for pc... Wanted the ps4 version for the online community.

Stuart444

PC version is 30 and 60FPS (exact words), someone else came on stream and confirmed it since the chat wouldn't shut up.

It was while Tony was playing after Gary died and left lol.

PS4 version is 30fps but it still looks smooth to me. Likely won't realize the difference unless I play the PC version lol

Muzicfreq

Banned
Wait a tick. The game is 30fps in online mode!?
maybe that just sealed the deal for pc purchase for me.
PC version is 30 and 60FPS (exact words), someone else came on stream and confirmed it since the chat wouldn't shut up.

It was while Tony was playing after Gary died and left lol.

PS4 version is 30fps but it still looks smooth to me. Likely won't realize the difference unless I play the PC version lol
Wait WHAT!?
fml
Fine. Ill bend over. Ps4 version it is since I still have $20 in a card for gamestop

Namikaze

Wow, I'm genuinely surprised to hear it's only 30fps on ps4/xb1. Maybe it's because the game has 3on3 battles+lots of explosions. Even the Raging Blast games were 60fps. Still will probably get it day 1 though.

Gbraga

Wooow!!! I'm so glad to read that! Yay for 60fps and glorious downsampling. TT_TT

Stuart444

Ya never know, maybe if they do a Xeno 2, it will be 60 on consoles. (Second game on current gen hardware basically).

I hope for a Xeno 2, they have a lot of potential if they build on this, more What ifs and everything.

Revven

One of the streams today had someone playing with Adult Gohan and he transformed into SSJ -- so that confirms he has his SSJ form. Unfortunately, the channel doesn't seem to have the stream archived so... can't link it to prove it. :/

It was on this stream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/yuenchandj623

Also, Villainous Gohan is an alt for Adult Gohan as everyone assumed would be the case so this probably means the same for the other Villainous forms. Confirmed from the same stream above but again no archive so no way to show it at the moment.

Does anyone know if I purchase this game from PSN will I be able to get the preorder bonuses and play at launch? I've never preloaded a game.

Does anyone know if I purchase this game from PSN will I be able to get the preorder bonuses and play at launch? I've never preloaded a game.

yes

Zj1viza.png

PS4

though unlock times are always fucked up so keep that in mind

Korezo

So is the steel case available or not available in the US? I read that it was coming to the US as a gamestop exclusive limited preorder bonus for pre ordering game, but I just called gamestop and they said all steel cases were canceled and not being done anymore. I don't know if they meant that the limit was reached or that its never coming here anymore.

I see.. That's kinda weak.
Just so there's no wires crossed you can fight the computer on any maps. I've seen some people get confused about this but yeah, it's understandable for people to be disappointed.

So is the steel case available or not available in the US? I read that it was coming to the US as a gamestop exclusive limited preorder bonus for pre ordering game, but I just called gamestop and they said all steel cases were canceled and not being done anymore. I don't know if they meant that the limit was reached or that its never coming here anymore.
I have been under the impression that it's completely sold out.

Memory

Just so there's no wires crossed you can fight the computer on any maps. I've seen some people get confused about this but yeah, it's understandable for people to be disappointed.

I have been under the impression that it's completely sold out.

Yeah but that in addition to the locked use of only 1 created character in loca
l co-op kills this as a local mp game.

Disappointed, i was looking forward to this game for a while.

Revven

Yeah but that in addition to the locked use of only 1 created character in loca
l co-op kills this as a local mp game.

Disappointed, i was looking forward to this game for a while.

Actually, on the Bandai Namco stream they confirmed CaCs can fight each other locally.

Muzicfreq

Banned
So can anyone confirm if this game runs only at 30 or 60 on ps4 and pc. I want to know since I plan on pre ordering the game.

Thinking ps4 for community..

Top Bottom