• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

FootballFan

into Vacheeto? YES
6gI2KtI.jpg

Haha wtf.

Vacheeto is a good name for him

Muzicfreq

Banned
You guys are sick lmao

I wanted to ask, don't you guys feel the majin race is much more sexualized than the other races? I mean I guess theres this... (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Buu)

I did a video showing off the Saiyan Saga with my Female Buu and I realized that all the other female races are kinda small and child like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c457mSeXlB4&list=UUmxr5GH8f-LowiKZxMpnsOA

Well... Maybe with clothing it might help with that,

EDIT: Nvm. Decoded frames were ticking 30-60-90-120-150-ect.

Looks smooth though for 30fps.

Im buying this regardless... the thought of making my own character and fighting my friends and going on missions online with them in lobbies with other characters is like dream game shit I thought of before.

You guys are sick lmao

I wanted to ask, don't you guys feel the majin race is much more sexualized than the other races? I mean I guess theres this... (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Buu)

I did a video showing off the Saiyan Saga with my Female Buu and I realized that all the other female races are kinda small and child like.

Yeah that is a bit odd. I had noticed that a lot of the woman had looked far too young, I would have preferred them to look like actual women and not girls but hey ho it goes with the territory of playing an Anime game.

Yeah that is a bit odd. I had noticed that a lot of the woman had looked far too young, I would have preferred them to look like actual women and not girls but hey ho it goes with the territory of playing an Anime game.

The default height for ladies appears to be really short, which probably contributes to the childlike look.

I'd imagine they'd look more mature at max height (I think that's around half a head shorter than Goku), unless their faces are just really childish as well. Can't really remember what the facial customization options were.

Sorry I didn't see this. They are definitely not copy/paste characters like the Tenkaichi series but I've only played with the Saiyan saga characters and the basic CaC.
Ah that's good =)
Basically, Budokai-like means the characters are going to be (for the most part) unique and not copy/paste like Tenkaichi. All it borrows from Tenkaichi is the free form 3D movement and it's arguably much better than Tenkaichi in that regard.
Sounds great can't wait =D

I know this is nitpicky as hell, but I'm kinda disappointed that it appears that custom Saiyans' hair don't get spikier/longer when they turn Super Saiyan.

It would make the race a little bit more visually distinctive from humans and just adds that extra punch to turning Super.

Dying Of Thirst

Neo Member
Can a female Namekian be made in this game? I know that there can only be male Namekians and was wondering if this game followed that lore.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I know this is nitpicky as hell, but I'm kinda disappointed that it appears that custom Saiyans' hair don't get spikier/longer when they turn Super Saiyan.

It would make the race a little bit more visually distinctive from humans and just adds that extra punch to turning Super.

Yeah, imagine having android 18's hair and going super Saiyan and it being the same.

Yeah, imagine having android 18's hair and going super Saiyan and it being the same.

Oh man, the mental image hurts. Guess I'll be forced to pick already spiky hair for my saiyan customs just to make it less obvious.

There's a pretty great pic floating on the internet with a female saiyan whose hair got progressively longer and spikier with each level of SSJ transformation she did until she refused go to SSJ4 because she had just waxed her legs.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Oh man, the mental image hurts. Guess I'll be forced to pick already spiky hair for my saiyan customs just to make it less obvious.

There's a pretty great pic floating on the internet with a female saiyan whose hair got progressively longer and spikier with each level of SSJ transformation she did until she refused go to SSJ4 because she had just waxed her legs.

lol. I saw that one too.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna make my female Saiyan resemble fasha or videl.

Basically, Budokai-like means the characters are going to be (for the most part) unique and not copy/paste like Tenkaichi. All it borrows from Tenkaichi is the free form 3D movement and it's arguably much better than Tenkaichi in that regard.

People keep forgetting that game came out on a cd, there were limits to what they could do, they chose fan service..and aside from its "copy pasted" characters (the definition of which differs when compared to other games) it still offers more modes and variety than most dbz games to date..Xenoverse is a step forward and 2 back..when people get their hands on it, they will see what I mean..

If Namco would get its head out of its butts and give the people what would sate their desires, a BT4 with more varied fighting styles (or raging blast 3 with an actual story) EVERY ONE , even the people with poor enough taste to believe Budokai 3 is better than Tenkaichi 3 would enjoy the outcome.

If Namco would get its head out of its butts and give the people what would sate their desires, a BT4 with more varied fighting styles (or raging blast 3 with an actual story) EVERY ONE , even the people with poor enough taste to believe Budokai 3 is better than Tenkaichi 3 would enjoy the outcome.
Poor enough taste? I think you mean differing taste. If you want a shed load of characters that's cool but I've gotten that for years now, I'd rather have the original story and character creator.

You guys are sick lmao

You have to remember that the female Majins only exist because Buu read an "adult book".

Owari

If Sony wanted more people to get this on PS4 VS PC, they should have paid extra to have it out first. Now they're losing a sale because PC is always going to be the better experience. If it was out on PS4 I'd buy it day one, but since it's going to be out on both on the same day It'd be crazy to get the PS4 version.

Muzicfreq

Banned
If Sony wanted more people to get this on PS4 VS PC, they should have paid extra to have it out first. Now they're losing a sale because PC is always going to be the better experience. If it was out on PS4 I'd buy it day one, but since it's going to be out on both on the same day It'd be crazy to get the PS4 version.

I dunno man. Online portion of this game makes me lean to the PS4 version since it doesn't look like a game alot of PC guys are going to be jumping all over and plus probably don't want to bothing with using a controller.
... How does a game like this even play with mouse and keyboard?

Owari

I dunno man. Online portion of this game makes me lean to the PS4 version since it doesn't look like a game alot of PC guys are going to be jumping all over and plus probably don't want to bothing with using a controller.

Dunno, I'm planning on using my white PC-DS4.

The game seems to be putting a bit of focus on the online component, what with the hub world and all that. I'd say its a pretty safe bet that the PS4 will have a significantly larger community than the PC. At the very least, that's my reason for choosing the PS4 version over PC.

This is the first big dbz release on steam. I'm thinking that there will be better sales than you expect. Especially once this hits steam sales.

FootballFan

People keep forgetting that game came out on a cd, there were limits to what they could do, they chose fan service..and aside from its "copy pasted" characters (the definition of which differs when compared to other games) it still offers more modes and variety than most dbz games to date..Xenoverse is a step forward and 2 back..when people get their hands on it, they will see what I mean..

Judging from your taste in this post, I'm happy to hear you don't seem to be a huge fan of xenoverse.

Budokai 3 is sensational

Absolutely sensational.

Enjoyed it much more than any of the Tenkaichi games.

EGOMON

I like what i have seen of this game but i can't help but feel a bit sad it is not Budokai Tenkaichi 4, to those who played it does this game scratch that itch?

Lucumo

I thought I counted enough:
tumblr_njbmggjezV1si9pz2o1_540.jpg

Slots for Broly, SS4 Vegeta, SS4 Goku, Bardock, SS4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron and Super 17.
Last slot is one in the top right corner which isn't displayed in your screenshot. That slot has a vertical row of its own.

As in to the right of where I posted there's one large slot or there's a row with just one slot in it?

Here, I made a picture for you.

DBZ.png

So is this going to be good, as in Budokai 3 good?

Highly possible. The combat is closer to Budokai than Tenkaichi, but it also has the freedom of movement that Tenkaichi had so it could be the best of both worlds. I can't really say much until I get my hands on it. (pre-ordered but not out until the end of the month for the rest of the world) It certainly looks good so far.

I'm sure some of the people here must have a JP PSN version or something so maybe someone can drop a nice analysis of the combat in here soon? I'd be really interested to know how it compares to the BDK/TKC series' from anyone who's spent a good bit of time on both and Xenoverse.

Piers

So is this going to be good, as in Budokai 3 good?

It won't give you the same surprises as Budokai 3, since that game was somewhat the first to go all-out on fan service.
Incidentally, why does everyone love Budokai 3 over 2, Infinite World or even Burst Limit? Aside from SSJ4 and movie characters.

Lucumo

I like that the characters have different movesets. That way, always playing the same one doesn't become too boring.

Farming Dragon Balls is a pain in the ass though.

Top Bottom