• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Did anyone get the PS3 version? How's the framerate and IQ? Thanks
I played the Beta on PS3. The game looks good and the framerate was steady in battles but the online overworld felt a bit... off. I wouldn't say it was laggy but there was a ton of pop-in.

That was the beta though, hopefully someone with the final game can help more but most people seem to have it on PS4 at the moment.

Korezo

So can anyone confirm if this game runs only at 30 or 60 on ps4 and pc. I want to know since I plan on pre ordering the game.

Thinking ps4 for community..

People are saying now that the ps4 version is 60fps offline 30fps online... but pc is always 60fps.

I cannot wait to play more of this ヽ(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ I have so much studying to do but what I have played so far is very very enjoyable. I love that there is a parry system and it seems very balanced when two fighters have intense skill. Anxious to unlock more skills and characters later tomorrow.

Revven

People are saying now that the ps4 version is 60fps offline 30fps online... but pc is always 60fps.

We heard straight from the EU stream that PS4 is locked at 30 FPS and that PC can be switched to 60. I wouldn't buy what anyone else is saying until there's video proof.

isshak_gravi

Bandai Namco Europe and Australasia Community Manager for Tales, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z and One Piece
The info reported in this thread has been correct so far.
Hope my voice was't too annoying during those 3 hours, guys!

Muzicfreq

Banned
Watching some PS4 streams... maybe I was a bit over the top.
I might get it for the PS4 even at 30fps mainly for the community.
I don't know too many PC guys rushing to go buy it.

I was in that argument for a few minutes before I gave up when someone said the most ridiculous things ever so I just went back to the gameplay / studying. I want to play more so bad but i cant till studies are done :(

Are all Twitch chats this rancid, or is it just this game?

many twitch chats are cancerous when so many people pile into them at once from different sources. I rarely see any channels with 700+ viewers having a civilized chat. only smaller streams really have good discussion going on in my experience with having my own stream / seeing other small streamers like myself.

Stuart444

many twitch chats are cancerous when so many people pile into them at once from different sources. I rarely see any channels with 700+ viewers having a civilized chat. only smaller streams really have good discussion going on in my experience with having my own stream / seeing other small streamers like myself.

Pretty much, not all smaller streams but quite a few have much better discussion than the bigger streams.

Just saw Super Saiyan Gotenks on a stream, it seems the roster posted from the guide book isn't complete so there's still a chance for some forms which aren't listed.

Just saw Super Saiyan Gotenks on a stream, it seems the roster posted from the guide book isn't complete so there's still a chance for some forms which aren't listed.

Broly is also apparently playable but a secret character you have to get these items from each mission or something. There isnt a slot for him though so i wonder where his character slot goes ?.?

I thought I counted enough:

Slots for Broly, SS4 Vegeta, SS4 Goku, Bardock, SS4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron and Super 17.

Well thank you for showing this I must have mis count myself then @.@ *embarrassed*

Broly is also apparently playable but a secret character you have to get these items from each mission or something. There isnt a slot for him though so i wonder where his character slot goes ?.?
tumblr_njbmggjezV1si9pz2o1_540.jpg

Slots for Broly, SS4 Vegeta, SS4 Goku, Bardock, SS4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron and Super 17.

Lucumo

tumblr_njbmggjezV1si9pz2o1_540.jpg

Last slot is one in the top right corner which isn't displayed in your screenshot. That slot has a vertical row of its own.

Did anyone get the PS3 version? How's the framerate and IQ? Thanks

From watching the network test a few months back the ps3 version looks pretty much the same, just 720p and with some slowdown in places, maybe some shimmers of low quality textures here and there.

NoFoX

It does but it's restricted to the World Tournament stage because they found split-screen to be unplayable and this is the only stage small enough to support 2.5D.

WHAT? You're kidding right?
Local multiplayer only on the world tournament stage??

So can anyone confirm if this game runs only at 30 or 60 on ps4 and pc. I want to know since I plan on pre ordering the game.

Thinking ps4 for community..

X1 and PS4 @ 1080p, 30Hz
PC @ 4k, 60Hz
AFAIK

So those who've played does all the characters feel different to play as or are they like sets of character types ala Budokai Tenkaichi?

Rising_Hei

I played the beta on PS3 and i didn't dig it, horrible and very clunky controls for me, 20ish fps... no wonder it runs at 30 on PS4/ONE

tho, with those graphics the game should run at 120 lol

Muzicfreq

Banned
WHAT? You're kidding right?
Local multiplayer only on the world tournament stage??

X1 and PS4 @ 1080p, 30Hz
PC @ 4k, 60Hz
AFAIK

I really wonder what is making the game run at 30. It's such a simple game in terms of visuals and stuff.... Unless the engine is heavily CPU dependent.

Alchemy

I really wonder what is making the game run at 30. It's such a simple game in terms of visuals and stuff.... Unless the engine is heavily CPU dependent.

Probably couldn't hit 60, so they locked it at 30 to keep the experience consistent. Basically any game that runs locked at 30 can have periods where it could run higher, but a consistent framerate improves the experience even if you're losing 10-20 from the possible max.

FootballFan

Who knows, I'm assuming they found it hard to keep it steady at 60, so instead of having frequent drops they preferred to have a (hopefully) steady 30fps.

Hope xenoverse 2 will have 60 :p

Edit
Alchemy seems to have said the same thing just above. Lol

Muzicfreq

Banned
Probably couldn't hit 60, so they locked it at 30 to keep the experience consistent. Basically any game that runs locked at 30 can have periods where it could run higher, but a consistent framerate improves the experience even if you're losing 10-20 from the possible max.

True. I did this when I was playing FF14. My PC could run it higher than 30 but it would dip to 40 and would look really odd.
BUT if it was losing let's say... 5fps from 60 every now and then, Why not just keep it?
I hope DF covers this in more detail since I am extremely interested as to what's going on.

Who knows, I'm assuming they found it hard to keep it steady at 60, so instead of having frequent drops they preferred to have a (hopefully) steady 30fps.

Hope xenoverse 2 will have 60 :p

Edit
Alchemy seems to have said the same thing just above. Lol
yup

Alchemy

True. I did this when I was playing FF14. My PC could run it higher than 30 but it would dip to 40 and would look really odd.
BUT if it was losing let's say... 5fps from 60 every now and then, Why not just keep it?
I hope DF covers this in more detail since I am extremely interested as to what's going on.

Yeah, I assume they'd keep the framerate higher and variable if it was dipping only a little from 60, lots of games do this. CoD dips in single player a bunch from 60. I dunno, not privy to development details.

Also, oh god I'm hyped for this. I enjoyed the shit out of Battle of Z on the Vita just because of nostalgia for the series. I'm freaking out about making a woman Super Saiyan.

Omni

Didn't think that in this year of some huge game releases, that dragon ball xenoverse would get me this hyped haha.
It's the only game I'm buying within the next few months. Obviously not expecting the most amazing thing ever made but it looks to be pretty fun haha

Plus even though it got hate, I enjoyed Battle of Z quite a bit

Top Bottom