• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Korezo

okay so dragon ball collecting question:

can you get the same dragon ball multiple times? and how does the stats page differ from the page that shows the actual dragon balls? on the stats page it says I have 6 dragon balls. but the page with the actual dragon balls shows 5?

I was farming pq12 since that's what I read was one of the best to do.. and I've gotten multiple dragon balls... but apparently they were ones I already had? ... if so that sucks RNG-wise. good thing the game is fun as hell to still play though!

I collected 7 4 times and never had a repeat.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Some shots I decided to upload to Flickr
Some of them are just to show Motion blur and some of the effects like this crazy one
16519260888_55eeecdba0_o.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What are some good leveling PQs for certain stages of the game. Frieza is great - the sooner you take him on the better imo

Risette

A Good Citizen
i got a gamestop which is kinda far-ish but not too bad to hold it for me. yay.

just in case they only have a gutted copy, this game doesn't have any codes or anything inside it right? just a manual unless i preordered? i don't mind gutted copies if there's no risk of missing anything

TimFL

:/ I did it at 24

I did it at 25, the estimate I posted was doing it without breaking your controller (or being above average in terms of fighting games).
Was quite a pain doing it at 25 but I managed to by spamming ultimates and chaining combos when possible.

i got a gamestop which is kinda far-ish but not too bad to hold it for me. yay.

just in case they only have a gutted copy, this game doesn't have any codes or anything inside it right? just a manual unless i preordered? i don't mind gutted copies if there's no risk of missing anything

Nope no codes inside, not even a manual (in the US).
Only if you're lucky to get a day one edition (clearly marked on the box) is when there will be a code inside.

Bogeypop

I got far enough into the Main Story to just buy SSJ2, but I felt it only appropriate to get it as a drop instead. Literally drops the first time I get Gohan to go SSJ2. Feels good after pulling teeth trying to get Super Vegeta to drop yesterday

NZerker12

Seriously, fuck the beerus and whis fight. Trunks keeps dying and the both of them just tank my attacks because of their bloody super armour.

Yaari

For some reason many of my items don't show up at the mixing shop. So now I can't make the Neither Kami nor Picolo soul. Does anyone know what's up with that?

patchday

Seriously, fuck the beerus and whis fight. Trunks keeps dying and the both of them just tank my attacks because of their bloody super armour.

I finished it the lamest way possible. I gave up on the idea of keeping trunks alive (I was only like L40 at the time and we were up against L65+ NPCs). I just flew around in a circle and tossed weak ki blasts til Beerus died. Then beat up Whis in a fair 1on1.

I was a Frieza character too so that method was extra slow! Such an awful fight it was. But very easy if u take advantage of the AI's inability to catch you if you fly in a constant circle

NZerker12

The fight was easy at level 50+ using SSJ + Perfect Kamehameha spam.

I finished it the lamest way possible. I gave up on the idea of keeping trunks alive (I was only like L40 at the time and we were up against L65+ NPCs). I just flew around in a circle and tossed weak ki blasts til Beerus died. Then beat up Whis in a fair 1on1.

I was a Frieza character too so that method was extra slow! Such an awful fight it was. But very easy if u take advantage of the AI's inability to catch you if you fly in a constant circle

I'm only level 43 and like you I'm a frieza character so I unfortunately can't go ssj and spam ultimates. Guess I have to grind my way to level 50.

Btw do you know when you can get the ultimate f armour?

ZeroX03

Banned
You can always ki charge because the AI is retarded.

Fly away, ki charge. Knock them down with melee if needed, ki charge.
I've beaten the entire game with this, so I know it works.

I'm going to need to see receipts, because any fight where you're outnumbered it's incredibly hard to ki charge. In a few of the bigger stages you can trick the AI not to follow you by going behind or under things but good luck in a small stage 1v3 with that strategy.

Just picked up the game! Here's my create a character. She's a Saiyan

8ZVoFJs.jpg

Based on the girl of the same name from Twintails :D Made her best I could with the create a character based on her school girl outfit.

Excited to start playing ^.^

E the Shaggy

Sort of disappointed that
they didn't have an Android fight or Imperfect Cell brawls. I feel like they skipped over a lot of story beats which I guess is all right, though I wouldn't have minded fighting Zarbon and Dodoria and others.

patchday

I'm only level 43 and like you I'm a frieza character so I unfortunately can't go ssj and spam ultimates. Guess I have to grind my way to level 50.

Btw do you know when you can get the ultimate f armour?

Luckily the AI is gimped so via the circle strafe strategy you can beat the entire single player story. Now in the
secret Bardock/Broly saga
the AI gets better and they have 'closers' to get in melee range.

Not sure bout the ultimate armor. I think I can buy it now at the store. But I've been playing my Saiyan alt and after this I'll grind up a Majin

Starting to get pretty close to the platinum trophy for this game but I am not sure I will make it. Ironically the two trophies that are the most daunting to me are the obtain all super attacks and obtain all ultimate attacks but not because of having to get them as drops from missions, because you need to gather 4 sets of dragon balls for skills alone.

For whatever reason gathering the dragon balls is way way more tedious to me then grinding the PQs for skill drops, already have about half the PQs done for skills but have only managed to slog through 1 set of dragon balls so far when I would need 7 total for trophies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Starting to get pretty close to the platinum trophy for this game but I am not sure I will make it. Ironically the two trophies that are the most daunting to me are the obtain all super attacks and obtain all ultimate attacks but not because of having to get them as drops from missions, because you need to gather 4 sets of dragon balls for skills alone.

For whatever reason gathering the dragon balls is way way more tedious to me then grinding the PQs for skill drops, already have about half the PQs done for skills but have only managed to slog through 1 set of dragon balls so far when I would need 7 total for trophies.

Getting 7 Dragon Balls in PQ12 takes an hour or so depending on luck. I still haven't got Kaoiken 20 after a few hours of playing that PQ. I'd rather take the RNG that only requires you to restart a mission over and over than actually complete it and hope to get lucky.

Getting 7 Dragon Balls in PQ12 takes an hour or so depending on luck. I still haven't got Kaoiken 20 after a few hours of playing that PQ. I'd rather take the RNG that only requires you to restart a mission over and over than actually complete it and hope to get lucky.

Yeah it's just not really about the time for me, it's more about how much enjoyment I can have whilst grinding away which is far lower chain restarting PQ12 then it is actually finishing PQs for me.

I also tend to have really good luck with skill drops and no PQ takes me more then around 5 minutes with the vast majority being closer to 3 minutes so I don't mind it much.

Kaoiken 20 only took me like 10 minutes to grind out as I just went down the list from PQ to PQ getting all the skills from each.

Nordicus

I think I just found the Stamina hogger's dream

Dr Gero's Z-soul "You can't beat an android" gives you stamina as you are damaged. This also applies when blocking things with chip damage, and the amount of stamina you regain is nothing to sneeze at. This means you can block ultimates and get your stamina bar to max rather than deplete it

I think I just found the Stamina hogger's dream

Dr Gero's Z-soul "You can't beat an android" gives you stamina as you are damaged. This also applies when blocking things with chip damage, and the amount of stamina you regain is nothing to sneeze at. This means you can block ultimates and get your stamina bar to max rather than deplete it

Damn. Would you happen to know what PQ that drops in?

cHinzo

For some reason many of my items don't show up at the mixing shop. So now I can't make the Neither Kami nor Picolo soul. Does anyone know what's up with that?

Need to finish either the Cell saga or the Android saga for the recipe to appear, even though u have all the needed items.

I'm going to need to see receipts, because any fight where you're outnumbered it's incredibly hard to ki charge. In a few of the bigger stages you can trick the AI not to follow you by going behind or under things but good luck in a small stage 1v3 with that strategy.

I dunno, I'll show you my plat later? lol

Now that I know SSJ gives me infinite Ki, it makes this even easier.
Super Vegeta with Death Ball, infinite Ki Ultimate stun lock with invincibility.

Top Bottom