• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

k1t4j

Finished training with Krillin... Scatter Kamehameha looks awesome, is it actually worthwhile at all?

Not gonna lie, I can't get enough of Double Sunday and Weekend. Not even sure whose skills they're supposed to be.

I think they are Radit's skills.

I am going for that mentor next, working on Piccolo at the moment.

N° 2048

So do you have to wish three times? And do you get to choose which move you get each time? Apparently there's also a PQ that has one of his moves? Which is it?

Looking forward to some in depth FAQs for this game.

Wish I knew :(

A lot of things in this game confuse me so I am just going to finish the story, and I figure by then there will be more FAQs to help me Endgame :p

TimFL

Finished training with Krillin... Scatter Kamehameha looks awesome, is it actually worthwhile at all?

The hitbox is a bit weird as it does damage once the scattered beams come from above. It's good for when you fight against a few opponents, but it is easy to avoid due to it taking a while to scatter (if your opponent dashes around you wont hit him). Damage is okay (there are way better skills like Perfect Kamehameha from Cell).

Finishing Ginyu's training unlocks Frieza's training though, which is worth it for his Supernova.

Damn... okay then. What does one have to do to get Gotenks to pop up as a mentor? Finish Gohan/Videl? Piccolo?

Eblo

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I feel it's worth saying nevertheless.

If you've got the Steam version on PC and don't want to go through the trouble of using Offline Mode to avoid server trouble, you can firewall Xenoverse.

1. Go into Windows Firewall.
  2. Advanced settings.
  3. Inbound rules
  4. For each DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE, right click > Properties > Block connection

Of course this means you'll have to go back and enable the connections to play online again, but it's the simplest workaround I've got if I want to stay online in Steam to talk to friends.

kaiiri

okay so dragon ball collecting question:

can you get the same dragon ball multiple times? and how does the stats page differ from the page that shows the actual dragon balls? on the stats page it says I have 6 dragon balls. but the page with the actual dragon balls shows 5?

I was farming pq12 since that's what I read was one of the best to do.. and I've gotten multiple dragon balls... but apparently they were ones I already had? ... if so that sucks RNG-wise. good thing the game is fun as hell to still play though!

NoFoX

Does someone know how i can get "Recoome's Ultra Fighting Bomber Ultimate"?
I know its in PQ 08, but if i beat him he never drops it.
Is it a item to search for or shouldn't i beat Recoome?

I've beaten the mission several times and do also have Z rank, but yeah... nothing :(

cHinzo

Does someone know how i can get "Recoome's Ultra Fighting Bomber Ultimate"?
I know its in PQ 08, but if i beat him he never drops it.
Is it a item to search for or shouldn't i beat Recoome?

I've beaten the mission several times and do also have Z rank, but yeah... nothing :(

RNGesus is not kind to everyone. Just keep trying. The ultimate itself does pretty good damage though. I used to lure the AI to me when charging my Ki and then unleashing Ultra Fighting Bomber in their face. :p

That's what I used for story mode and it seemed pretty useless at crowd control. Any mission where you're outnumbered and can't Ki Charge it falls apart.

You can always ki charge because the AI is retarded.

Fly away, ki charge. Knock them down with melee if needed, ki charge.
I've beaten the entire game with this, so I know it works.

Sephzilla

You can always ki charge because the AI is retarded.

Fly away, ki charge. Knock them down with melee if needed, ki charge.
I've beaten the entire game with this, so I know it works.

In the main campaign you can get away with this in most places except for maybe the fight with Wees and Beerus. In some of the PQs charging ki is almost impossible. Gohan and Goku at the end of Super Saiyan Bargain Sale always Kamehameha me the moment I try to charge, and the Bardock mission is loaded with minions who will just throw ki blasts at you just to disrupt you.

In the main campaign you can get away with this in most places except for maybe the fight with Wees and Beerus. In some of the PQs charging ki is almost impossible. Gohan and Goku at the end of Super Saiyan Bargain Sale always Kamehameha me the moment I try to charge, and the Bardock mission is loaded with minions who will just throw ki blasts at you just to disrupt you.

That Super Saiyan Bargain Sale is a bunch of bullshit. As soon as I got to Gohan and Goku all they did was Ultimate Kamehamehas and killed me in like 30 seconds.

N° 2048

can you get the same dragon ball multiple times? and how does the stats page differ from the page that shows the actual dragon balls? on the stats page it says I have 6 dragon balls. but the page with the actual dragon balls shows 5?

I was farming pq12 since that's what I read was one of the best to do.. and I've gotten multiple dragon balls... but apparently they were ones I already had? ... if so that sucks RNG-wise. good thing the game is fun as hell to still play though!

Holy shit that would suck indeed. Hope not.

So do you have to wish three times? And do you get to choose which move you get each time? Apparently there's also a PQ that has one of his moves? Which is it?

Looking forward to some in depth FAQs for this game.

I believe you get 3 moves with each of the Skill Wishes and there are 6 total. So it'd take 2 wishes total for them.

Are you sure? I've farmed the same ones and never gotten a duplicate Dragon Ball. And I've made like 5 wishes so far.

Sephzilla

That Super Saiyan Bargain Sale is a bunch of bullshit. As soon as I got to Gohan and Goku all they did was Ultimate Kamehamehas and killed me in like 30 seconds.

If you're a Saiyan, SSJ+Final Flash is your friend for that part of Super Saiyan Bargain Sale. I tend to catch Gohan and Goku at the same time with that attack a lot, and even if I don't hit both of them I usually send one of them flying off so I'm spared the Kamehameha marathon. That and the invincibility frames of Final Flash are helpful. If you get caught in one of their Kamehameha's though you're so absolutely boned, that does suck.

Nordicus

Is it just me, or do the more potent ki charge abilities have the drawback of longer stopping animation? Like, when you see someone rushing at you, you might stop in time to block with Energy Charge but be too late with Maximum Charge?

NoFoX

RNGesus is not kind to everyone. Just keep trying. The ultimate itself does pretty good damage though. I used to lure the AI to me when charging my Ki and then unleashing Ultra Fighting Bomber in their face. :p

I need it to clear the Bardock mission -__-
Any hints for the Bardock quest?

If you're a Saiyan, SSJ+Final Flash is your friend for that part of Super Saiyan Bargain Sale. I tend to catch Gohan and Goku at the same time with that attack a lot, and even if I don't hit both of them I usually send one of them flying off so I'm spared the Kamehameha marathon. That and the invincibility frames of Final Flash are helpful. If you get caught in one of their Kamehameha's though you're so absolutely boned, that does suck.

The part that pisses me off is that if you manage to get behind them they still can hit with the ultimate like you get sucked into or something.

Astral

What the hell? I thought Gamestop guaranteed $40 if you trade in a new game for the first month. Why does the site say they'll only give me $27 for this? If I hate the game I'm pretty much screwed. I'm almost sold on it but the only thing that worries me is the RNG. It drove me insane in Destiny and made me hate it. I don't want that to happen here. Is RNG that bad in this game?

Bogeypop

What the hell? I thought Gamestop guaranteed $40 if you trade in a new game for the first month. Why does the site say they'll only give me $27 for this? If I hate the game I'm pretty much screwed. I'm almost sold on it but the only thing that worries me is the RNG. It drove me insane in Destiny and made me hate it. I don't want that to happen here. Is RNG that bad in this game?

New games aren't guaranteed $40 trade in anymore? I planned on buying FF Type-0 just for the FFXV Duscae Demo

RNG isn't as bad as Destiny.
It's much worse.
But I'd recommend it regardless if you think your love of DBZ is greater than your hatred of RNG.
7lsLDWE.gif

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

That promotion ended with New Year.

Nordicus

how do you actually land blue hurricane on enemies?
PvE? Lure enemies into melee-ish range way up high, because the attack will make your character go high anyway regardless of the altitude you use it in. Once that's done, when your camera settles and you're allowed to move, the enemies will be on roughly the same vertical plane as you and thus there's less chance you'll be completely screwed by depth perception

Maligna

Banned
So is there any point in making a character with balanced stats? I'd love to use a mix of ki and melee supers.

Also, Super 17's absorb moves, are they physical or ki attacks?

Is it just me, or do the more potent ki charge abilities have the drawback of longer stopping animation? Like, when you see someone rushing at you, you might stop in time to block with Energy Charge but be too late with Maximum Charge?

I think that is the deliberate drawback to it, yes.

Astral

New games aren't guaranteed $40 trade in anymore? I planned on buying FF Type-0 just for the FFXV Duscae Demo

RNG isn't as bad as Destiny.
It's much worse.
But I'd recommend it regardless if you think your love of DBZ is greater than your hatred of RNG.

I was gonna do that with Type-0 too lol. You're scaring me though. It's actually worse? Though I have heard that Destiny's isn't that bad anymore. Shit. This is a tough call then.

That promotion ended with New Year.

Damn. It was a nice deal too.

Eh I did it in those missions too, easily.

Bardock, you just aim at his target. Gohan and Goku were annoying, but it's not hard figuring out when to ultimate or not. And if you think that's hard, wait til you get to Super-Super Ultimate Series of Battles, which I also beat with just ki blasting.

Also, I was using Perfect Kamehameha and Cell's Z-Soul "No More Games" which makes me invincible during the Ultimate.

Bogeypop

I was gonna do that with Type-0 too lol. You're scaring me though. It's actually worse? Though I have heard that Destiny's isn't that bad anymore. Shit. This is a tough call then.

I never trade in my games, but the only reason I'm even doing that for FF Type-0 HD is cos I already have the PSP version, and can't justify $60 for a demo.

I'm actually being a bit hyperbolic if you consider you only get a shot at Raid drops once a week in Destiny, and heard horror stories of people not getting certain drops for months. Whereas you have as many tries as you're willing to take in DBX which should take only 2 hours or so of farming at worst.

Nameless

Best Buy. I traded in Dragon Age and Mordor when I picked up Xenoverse and got $55 total. Gamestop was offering $36.

But yeah, my thinking was the same since the last DBZ game I bought bored me to death in less than a week. Knowing what I know now I would have gotten the digital version of Xenoverse.

Nameless

I never trade in my games, but the only reason I'm even doing that for FF Type-0 HD is cos I already have the PSP version, and can't justify $60 for a demo.

If I can get atleast $35 for Type-0 I'm going to trade it in before I leave the store(provided the FFXV code isn't on the disc). There's just no room on my plate for FFT0 for the foreseeable future and $24.99 is about what I'd be willing to spend on Episode Duscae.

Sadly no, but the pre-order content is the same as day one content so if you buy it now you should get it.
The season pass is based just on expansion packs with the first of three being GT-focused.

Ahh, thanks for answering. I actually went digital as was having an odd issue finding a copy. Oh well.

patchday

Was up really late farming PQ 53 for XP. My saiyan alt got power leveled up to L42 or something. Gained like 20 levels in one night just bout.

Didn't see any RNG drops though. Heartbreak :/

What level should I be when entering the cell saga?

Use your scouter but often you can fight against enemies way above

AGITΩ

Just spent an hour restarting pq 12 until i saw a time patroller. Looks like you cant get a different time patroller until you beat the previous, no matter how many times i restarted, it was the same until i beat him and the mission and tried again. since the same time patroller only dropped material items as opposed to key items.

Bogeypop

Almost wish I'd waited until I got SSJ2 to do this fight so I could get a screenshot of that instead, but I already spent all day yesterday farming stuff, so I wanted to progress with the story instead.

KHlover

Banned
Almost wish I'd waited until I got SSJ2 to do this fight so I could get a screenshot of that instead, but I already spent all day yesterday farming stuff, so I wanted to progress with the story instead.

Don't the cutscenes play again when you replay story missions? You could always just go to the Kaio of Time's house to do that and retake the screenshot.

Top Bottom