• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Nordicus

Call me crazy. But are melee builds garbage in this game? It makes battles harder, that's for sure.

With my Female Sayian all I had to do was sit back, go SSJ2 and unleash the beast.

I'm trying out a Male Earthling Melee build and battles are taking longer and the CPU is just using evasive techs up the ass. Was expecting this to be funner with KKX20 but it's like I'm fighting with my hands tied behind my back. Which is a shame because a lot of the melee based skills are kinda cool. It's worth noting that I might still be adapting to the switch in style. Though I currently sit at lvl 27.
The issue might be that you aren't investing enough into Health? Dunno if melee glasscannons are garbage, but my tanky Majin who's melee-oriented just completely shrugs off anti-melee Evasion Skills and continues on hammering the user with physical attacks 50% of the time. Dunno if Health stat has another secret stat that affects staggering and knockback, but I can just force my way through

ZeroX03

Banned
Awwww you can still use capsules in PvP battles? That's a bit lame...

The PvP & PvE balancing is all messed up in this game. Feels like they wanted everything to play exactly the same in every mode and that was silly. Give us overpowered shit in PvE and have no-items and proper handicaps and move balancing in PvP.

Lagamorph

I suspect the online glitchiness is just because of the demand. I'm almost certain the devs never expected this kind of (extremely deserved) popularity.

Nordicus

What level should I be to try and do the PQ that unlocks Super Saiyan? I'm getting my ass handed to me.
Co-op? Any is alright, just hang back a bit if you need to.

Offline? ...just buy the damn skill after you've beaten Cell and Future Trunks sagas. At the level where beating the PQ won't be slow as fuck, you're strong enough to beat them

liezryou

Am i just bad at this game or are some of the mid game parallel quests legit hard? I had trouble soloing freeza, but eventually got it done. Right now I'm also having trouble doing the story mission where there are like 3 buu's then 6 buu's.

The parallel mission 21 is also kicking my ass (i'm around level 30), i just lose so much hp over the course of the various fights. Is it because i'm trying to do it solo?

Nordicus

The parallel mission 21 is also kicking my ass (i'm around level 30), i just lose so much hp over the course of the various fights. Is it because i'm trying to do it solo?
Cell Games Begin is actually kinda hard even in co-op if you aren't really high level. You're 30, which is just enough for mid-game story missions, which is not really enough to solo PQ21

martino

The PvP & PvE balancing is all messed up in this game. Feels like they wanted everything to play exactly the same in every mode and that was silly. Give us overpowered shit in PvE and have no-items and proper handicaps and move balancing in PvP.

I don't know maybe pvp/pve are not meaning to be played with same builds

martino

Am i just bad at this game or are some of the mid game parallel quests legit hard? I had trouble soloing freeza, but eventually got it done. Right now I'm also having trouble doing the story mission where there are like 3 buu's then 6 buu's.

If you have a scouter equiped looked at enemies level it can be too high for yours.

martino

So i finally loot recoome ultimate before going to work . I hope it work well to success bardock quest with my ki namekian

Durden77

Yeah pretty much. I still have fun doing local battles with a friend, but I don't know how much I'm gonna dig the PvP online. Seems like the balance is going to be all over the place. It's hard to get a sense of which characters can stand a chance against others. I kind of like that they have power levels, but why even put someone like Rasberry in the game if he dies in 3 hits?

I can at least deal with weird balance with PvE cause ya know, they're comps.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Call me crazy. But are melee builds garbage in this game? It makes battles harder, that's for sure.

With my Female Sayian all I had to do was sit back, go SSJ2 and unleash the beast.

I'm trying out a Male Earthling Melee build and battles are taking longer and the CPU is just using evasive techs up the ass. Was expecting this to be funner with KKX20 but it's like I'm fighting with my hands tied behind my back. Which is a shame because a lot of the melee based skills are kinda cool. It's worth noting that I might still be adapting to the switch in style. Though I currently sit at lvl 27.

That's really all it is.

And in PvP, no one is going to let you charge so a lot of the stuff you get away with in PvE just won't fly.

Unless we're talking about Super Electric Strike. That shit is world ending.

Got all 7 Dragon Balls and picked up the Ultimate Move for my created character. Definite helps.

Already found 2 again, so will either get Gogeta or the race change I think.

liezryou

If you have a scouter equiped looked at enemies level it can be too high for yours.

Doesn't seem like they are too high, but fighting 4 super saiyans in a row is not easy :D.

Cell Games Begin is actually kinda hard even in co-op if you aren't really high level. You're 30, which is just enough for mid-game story missions, which is not really enough to solo PQ21

I see, so basically you just have to grind out the lower star PQ quests until your strong enough to progress in the story... I hate grinds @.@.

Rizzi

That's four times now I've done an online quest and had it lock control and do nothing once I beat it.
Oh boy, such fun.

Jaroof

Made my character.
yAQ1dSp.jpg
Game's fun so far!

Spinluck

That's really all it is.

And in PvP, no one is going to let you charge so a lot of the stuff you get away with in PvE just won't fly.

Unless we're talking about Super Electric Strike. That shit is world ending.

I still have no clue how to effectively dodge that damn thing.

Fuck that move and the Androids, and anyone who uses that.

I am going to keep pushing with this build. My Female Sayian didn't start breaking dreams till like lvl 40 something or so. Might have been the way I allocated the stats, but once I hit that zone I was pretty much unbeatable in story mode with only a few hiccups here and there.

EDIT: What's the best XP grind quest?

The first part of the Buu Saga can go to hell. First of all
Mira
has super armour, so as a strike based Namekian I was screwed basically. Then the multiple Buu fight was hell, considering I only have the basic Ki charge move, and I basically had to get out of the way to charge and Kaioken x3, then yet to hit with my low Ki Super stat Final Flash, and repeat for 26 minutes.

I'm now stuck on the PQ that #17 gives you. Piccolo and Vegeta ultimate stun locked me to death.

Is there a better version of Meteor Crash available? I love the move, but I'm curious if there's a higher damage version. I know there's stuff like Burter's Mach attacks, but I'm looking for a strike super were you just hold down the button to keep it going as long as you have Ki/for the 30 or so hits.

NZerker12

I was hoping to make SSJ Gogeta when I finish story mode but I heard that there are no fusion clothes in the game.

Is this true? If so, can anybody recommend me any clothing parts that look like the fusion clothes.

I'm finally starting to find some decent Strike supers

Speaking of which, is there any upgraded version of that move where you slap your cheeks and gain Stamina? Because I'm considering not putting a single point in Stamina for my Majin but keeping that skill since it lets me freely use stamina offensively.

Nordicus

Burning Attack is really good if one of your attacks slams your enemy to the ground. You wait a second, throw the Burning Attack a bit before they come back up, and then when the enemy gets on their feet, they're sent directly upwards a large distance by the explosion, ready to be caught with a melee combo.
Speaking of which, is there any upgraded version of that move where you slap your cheeks and gain Stamina? Because I'm considering not putting a single point in Stamina for my Majin but keeping that skill since it lets me freely use stamina offensively.
Haven't found a move like that. Other Stamina recovery moves I know of are one Ginyu pose that increases stamina recovery speed, and Super Drain that can absorb up to 4 bars (at least) from your opponent

Corpekata

Banned
Starting to feel like their solution to the server problem is just to wait for people to say "Fuck this game" and never return and free up some space.

Respect

Immediately counter theirs with one of your own Evasive Skills. I find the "Rise to Action" skill invaluable in the harder fights for keeping my Stamina up.

Thanks, this helped a lot...was mostly getting my ass handed to me by Vegeta's mastery duel...I actually got him down to about half of his final health bar (didn't realize he had 2 giant health bars in SSJ2 form), but then time ran out. Have to come back when I get higher level to give it another try.

You can sort of predict the AI's use of it. The block strings in this game are really wide - take your time punching through combos and stuff and as long as you don't get to the launching part. You can do the teleport through it. Might take the damage, but you'll be right on them so you can continue your damage and keep them on the ropes.

I think this will work when I get better/more experienced.

Varna

I have no idea why they decided to give meele builds MMO type handicaps. It certainly does make things frustrating (armored enemies, stunlock breakers). But honestly the gameplay is just a lot more satisfying to be regardless.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Whoever decided to add RNG to DBZ skill and clothing drops is history's greatest monster, but FINALLY got Super Vegeta skill. All it took was hamging back and watching Krillin be murdered 27 times.

THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED.

TimFL

I see, so basically you just have to grind out the lower star PQ quests until your strong enough to progress in the story... I hate grinds @.@.

Isn't that was DBZ is essentially about? You train/grind until you make it.
I easily blast through the PQ21 quest with my level 57 Saiyan. I advice you to get up to level ~50. That's the sweet spot for making it through the story without any issues (and most sub-30 PQs).

I just finished Android 18 as a mentor... where is that goddamn Gotenks mentor..? I don't want to get Ginyu as my mentor (or Gohan/Videl since they have crap skills).

Sephzilla

So in terms of transformations does it go Super Saiyan < Super Vegeta < Super Saiyan 2 < Super Vegeta 2?

I'm also slightly disappointed that you can't activate Kaio Kan while in Super Saiyan mode.

Maligna

Banned
Anyone know which skills from Super 17 you can learn and also how to get them all? I want to make an energy absorbing Android.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finished training with Krillin... Scatter Kamehameha looks awesome, is it actually worthwhile at all?

Not gonna lie, I can't get enough of Double Sunday and Weekend. Not even sure whose skills they're supposed to be.

Whoever decided to add RNG to DBZ skill and clothing drops is history's greatest monster, but FINALLY got Super Vegeta skill. All it took was hamging back and watching Krillin be murdered 27 times.

THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED.
Haha, I tried farming for that and the Frieza Z Soul you get from that PQ. Motherfucking Vegeta wouldn't transform, though.

RNG based skill drops are the best and worst thing to happen to a DBZ game, heh.

Astral

Finished training with Krillin... Scatter Kamehameha looks awesome, is it actually worthwhile at all?

Not gonna lie, I can't get enough of Double Sunday and Weekend. Not even sure whose skills they're supposed to be.

Raditz. He also has Saturday Crush, or at least he did in Budokai.

Frieza is bs. The dude has mad armor, just eats your regular hits

Top Bottom