• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

cHinzo

I dunno, I'll show you my plat later? lol

Now that I know SSJ gives me infinite Ki, it makes this even easier.
Super Vegeta with Death Ball, infinite Ki Ultimate stun lock with invincibility.

How does SSJ give infinite Ki? Doesn't it drain like 1 bar each time u use an ultimate skill?

Sephzilla

How does SSJ give infinite Ki? Doesn't it drain like 1 bar each time u use an ultimate skill?

No, Super Saiyan slowly drains your ki over time but during that time you can spam ki blasts at will. The only thing holding you back is how fast the animation is for the attack.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah it's just not really about the time for me, it's more about how much enjoyment I can have whilst grinding away which is far lower chain restarting PQ12 then it is actually finishing PQs for me.

I also tend to have really good luck with skill drops and no PQ takes me more then around 5 minutes with the vast majority being closer to 3 minutes so I don't mind it much.

Kaoiken 20 only took me like 10 minutes to grind out as I just went down the list from PQ to PQ getting all the skills from each.

Well when you get up to a PQ where a skill just won't drop, come back and tell me that's more fun than getting Dragon Balls. Because seriously fuck playing the same mission over and over.

I dunno, I'll show you my plat later? lol

Now that I know SSJ gives me infinite Ki, it makes this even easier.
Super Vegeta with Death Ball, infinite Ki Ultimate stun lock with invincibility.

I mean if you can explain how a ki charge strategy is supposed to work against say the Bardock story mission where you have four guys spamming ki attacks at you go ahead but I don't think its the best build at cheesing the AI when it fails against multiple enemies unless you're leaving major parts of the build out. And SSJ isn't an option for all CAC players in story missions either obviously. You can't even ki blast spam as Frieza race, but the paralysis works wonders 1v1.

cHinzo

No, Super Saiyan slowly drains your ki over time but during that time you can spam ki blasts at will. The only thing holding you back is how fast the animation is for the attack.

Hmm, is Super Saiyan (2) recommended for Ki users or Super Vegeta (2) then?

Well when you get up to a PQ where a skill just won't drop, come back and tell me that's more fun than getting Dragon Balls. Because seriously fuck playing the same mission over and over. .

Even if that happens to me it will be more enjoyable for me personally then the dragon balls which was my point to begin with, that my feelings towards it likely differed from most people.

It was the same reason I would rather run the same area over and over in PSO in an effort to get a super low % drop item over using the telepipe trick to keep resetting a spawn for a rare monster with a much higher drop %.

Just something I noticed as I get closer to potentially finishing up the platinum and dreading having to farm the dragon balls more then finish the PQ skill drops, but its just a personal preference kind of deal.

Greenymac

I got far enough into the Main Story to just buy SSJ2, but I felt it only appropriate to get it as a drop instead. Literally drops the first time I get Gohan to go SSJ2. Feels good after pulling teeth trying to get Super Vegeta to drop yesterday

I got this drop last night after playing with a friend and he wont on about how people have been trying over and over to get it to drop. My character isnt even a Saiyan, hes a namekian!

It's been about 4 days without me being able to login to the multi server yet. I'm even being disconnected a lot in the single servers.

Has Bandai Namco made any sort of statement on the server issue yet or what's being done about it?

cHinzo

Got Instant Transmission. Can u really dodge ults with it? Might come in handy then. Thought I needed to do those bonus missions during the quest, but it just dropped randomly after not triggering the event. :p

JNA

Banned
Wow. I've been away from the game for the past two days. Just starting again now and I STILL can't get on the Xenoverse server.

Since offical release, I have not been able to play in multi lobby once! ONCE!

Come on DIMPS or whoever is in charge of the servers, FIX THIS ALREADY! Support your first good Dragon Ball game in a long time please. :(

Say hello to Mikey "F-Bomb" Fassbender:

1IpEHty.jpg

Earthling, just like the rest of the cool kids.

JNA

Banned
Ok now this is bad...I can't even play the game!

Seriously it's just stuck on "connecting to Xenoverse server"

Can't play the game guys...I have been denied. :(

Edit: wait, now I'm in. FINALLY! I still can't get in multi lobby but I'm in the game!

This shit is why always online will never work with me. :(

Has Namco address the login server issues? Cause dam I rarely get a multi lobby going. Thats one of the best thing about this game. Seeing other players characters!

Razzorn34

Got Instant Transmission. Can u really dodge ults with it? Might come in handy then. Thought I needed to do those bonus missions during the quest, but it just dropped randomly after not triggering the event. :p

It teleports you to your target, or behind them if you are close. It really depends on the type of ult. If it's a beam type KI blast like Final Flash, it would just teleport you right in front of it.

Honestly, Afterimage is probably the best defensive skill in the game since you can avoid anything with it with the right timing, and it costs nothing. But, it also takes the most skill to use. Whoever masters it is going to be hard as hell to beat.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Ok now this is bad...I can't even play the game!

Seriously it's just stuck on "connecting to Xenoverse server"

Can't play the game guys...I have been denied. :(

Edit: wait, now I'm in. FINALLY! I still can't get in multi lobby but I'm in the game!

This shit is why always online will never work with me. :(

going in offline mode on steam or turning off network on playstation will get you into offline mode on the game. Problem is that the game constantly tries to connect to the server

I mean if you can explain how a ki charge strategy is supposed to work against say the Bardock story mission where you have four guys spamming ki attacks at you go ahead but I don't think its the best build at cheesing the AI when it fails against multiple enemies unless you're leaving major parts of the build out. And SSJ isn't an option for all CAC players in story missions either obviously. You can't even ki blast spam as Frieza race, but the paralysis works wonders 1v1.

Dude, it's like you haven't played the game. Those guys are so dumb at melee that you literally charge by punching their faces, then you fly up to the dude fighting bardock and ultimate his ass. And do you not know how to dodge ki blast? You just fly sideways lol.

And I just ultimate stunlocked Goten, Gohan, and Goku at the same time in a 7-star difficulty without even taking damage. This shit works too easy against multiples.

Apparently not. SSJ drains Ki, but you get to use Ki Ultimates without using bars of ki. I use Super Vegeta since it buffs Ki Ultimates.

Just got the game! I can't play as a sayin, I must really suck lol, kept dying a lot. I switched to a Majin and leveled it up pretty high, like it a lot.

k1t4j

Has any of you tried using Galactic Donuts?

My god, it deals tons of damage but it missed the target 99% of the time -.-

ZeroX03

Banned
Dude, it's like you haven't played the game. Those guys are so dumb at melee that you literally charge by punching their faces, then you fly up to the dude fighting bardock and ultimate his ass. And do you not know how to dodge ki blast? You just fly sideways lol.

And I just ultimate stunlocked Goten, Gohan, and Goku at the same time in a 7-star difficulty without even taking damage. This shit works too easy against multiples.

Haven't even played the game? The fuck are you talking about? You're the dude who suggested doing a build that focuses on ki charge, which I questioned. Ki blast interrupts charge which is what I was talking about, dodging it means nothing when you can't cancel a charge fast enough to dodge shit. Please don't infer I'm bad at the game or haven't played the game when you're the one misreading what I'm saying.

I'm asking for you to prove this build works, because I played through the entire story and and the bulk of the PQs with a build focused on ki supers and ki charge and it has significant issues against situations like 1v3 while crushing it in situations where you've got an equal number of characters. If you want to prove me wrong, go ahead, I would like to see why you recommend this build. Properly elaborate on it, give specific details on what skills and equipment you're using and so on. Post a video or something.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Just got the game! I can't play as a sayin, I must really suck lol, kept dying a lot. I switched to a Majin and leveled it up pretty high, like it a lot.
Saiyans require a lot more awareness and knowing the enemies. They're fine once you get used to the game and are pretty fun to play as.
The saiyans have the least health but higher damage output while majins have higher defense but lower damage.

Saiyans require a lot more awareness and knowing the enemies. They're fine once you get used to the game and are pretty fun to play as.
The saiyans have the least health but higher damage output while majins have higher defense but lower damage.
Yeah that's what I figured, I didn't really spend time with it much. Game is really hard at first, kept getting my ass handed to me, but I like it a lot.

Haven't even played the game? The fuck are you talking about? You're the dude who suggested doing a build that focuses on ki charge, which I questioned. Ki blast interrupts charge which is what I was talking about, dodging it means nothing when you can't cancel a charge fast enough to dodge shit. Please don't infer I'm bad at the game or haven't played the game when you're the one misreading what I'm saying.

I'm asking for you to prove this build works, because I played through the entire story and and the bulk of the PQs with a build focused on ki supers and ki charge and it has significant issues against situations like 1v3 while crushing it in situations where you've got an equal number of characters. If you want to prove me wrong, go ahead, I would like to see why you recommend this build. Properly elaborate on it, give specific details on what skills and equipment you're using and so on.

Ki blast interrupts ki charge lol yeah duh. Do you really just stand in one spot getting hit?

Do you not move around and give yourself space to ki charge? Do you not attempt to melee for Ki power? Do you not know that AI like to stand around staring at you while you charge?

Sounds like you don't, so don't say that it's not possible when you don't know how to play.
And I don't really feel like figuring out how to make a video to prove myself to a troll like you.

moai

I want to mix "feel the wrath of a namekian" and "the world doesnt need a god" but i cant find them.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Yeah that's what I figured, I didn't really spend time with it much. Game is really hard at first, kept getting my ass handed to me, but I like it a lot.
Same here. Ended up doing story with a majin but now leveling a saiyan for my main use character.
Earthlings are fun as well but are kinda easy mode to me with the auto ki regen and then faster stam regen. Don't put a single point into earthling max ki since when at full you get a damage boost and just make them melee. Stamina though you want to raise up for dodges and other evasive abilities

Stuart444

Anyone got any tips for this fucking PQ14 Super Saiyan quest? It's easy enough except a certain character keeps standing in the way of the Super Kamehameha because it's so hard to dodge ¬_¬ at least for the computer. (seriously, 2 - 3 of them and the fights done for because the computer dies to it within minutes)

So so so frustrating. Doesn't help that Goku has super armour which makes it hard to start a combo on him while he's in SS mode.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ki blast interrupts ki charge lol yeah duh. Do you really just stand in one spot getting hit?

Do you not move around and give yourself space to ki charge? Do you not attempt to melee for Ki power? Do you not know that AI like to stand around staring at you while you charge?

Sounds like you don't, so don't say that it's not possible when you don't know how to play.
And I don't really feel like figuring out how to make a video to prove myself to a troll like you.

Dude I was asking you nicely to elaborate on your build which you still haven't done. You're the one who came at me saying I haven't played the game and now calling me a troll.

Feel free to show a situation where it's 1v3 and you can give yourself the space to easily charge. There are certain stages like the Kami Lookout where you can go under or over the lookout and the AI has trouble following you but in the open but how do you make space for yourself in say the small Cell Games arena against one of the PQs where you're up against three SSJs? Or in the Bardock mission where there's a bunch of minions who love to spam ki blasts? It's easy to tell someone not to stand close to the enemy to ki charge, but you're not giving any sort of advice on how to create that space: specifically when you're outnumbered. Absolutely you can use melee to gain ki but you never particularly discussed that, or what combos you're using to best gain ki or to stop yourself from being interrupted from the side. I'm giving very specific examples, I would love for you to do the same, and I would love for you to elaborate on what skills, Z-Soul and equipment you're using for your specific build. I am not trolling, I would just love for you to clarify rather than trying to deflect this on me apparently not having played the game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Only managed to put a couple of hours in so far. Currently at level 20 with the following stat loadout:

xWAaKUjl.jpg

I want to focus on a melee build for my human female, am I doing ok so far with the stats?

Dude I was asking you nicely to elaborate on your build which you still haven't done. You're the one who came at me saying I haven't played the game and now calling me a troll.

Feel free to show a situation where it's 1v3 and you can give yourself the space to easily charge. There are certain stages like the Kami Lookout where you can go under or over the lookout and the AI has trouble following you but in the open but how do you make space for yourself in say the small Cell Games arena against one of the PQs where you're up against three SSJs? Or in the Bardock mission where there's a bunch of minions who love to spam ki blasts? It's easy to tell someone not to stand close to the enemy to ki charge, but you're not giving any sort of advice on how to create that space: specifically when you're outnumbered. Absolutely you can use melee to gain ki but you never particularly discussed that, or what combos you're using to best gain ki or to stop yourself from being interrupted from the side. I'm giving very specific examples, I would love for you to do the same, and I would love for you to elaborate on what skills, Z-Soul and equipment you're using for your specific build. I am not trolling, I would just love for you to clarify rather than trying to deflect this on me apparently not having played the game.

Don't worry bro, I'm going to make that video for you and everyone to see how easy this is.

I just equip everything that boost Ki Supers. GT Goku clothes, Frieza's master z-soul.
I want Vegeta's "I am Super Vegeta" Z-Soul though.

Supers:
Maximum Charge (all you need)
Drain Charge
Super Guard
Vanishing Ball

Ultimate:
Super Vegeta
Death Ball

My stats are 100 Ki Super and 40 health, 22 ki.

ZeroX03

Banned
Don't worry bro, I'm going to make that video for you and everyone to see how easy this is.

I just equip everything that boost Ki Supers. GT Goku clothes, Frieza's master z-soul.
I want Vegeta's "I am Super Vegeta" Z-Soul though.

Supers:
Maximum Charge (all you need)
Drain Charge
Super Guard
Vanishing Ball

Ultimate:
Super Vegeta
Death Ball

My stats are 100 Ki Super and 40 health, 22 ki.

Thank you.

Spinluck

That post is bullshit.

There are definitely times where you can't charge when your outnumbered. And the times when you can it's because the AI can't figure it's way around a building or a rock or some shit.

And lol @ attacking to get ki. That will save you in some situations, but when you're outnumbered you'll get fucked up.

Basically I try to find an object that they get bugged around, or just say fuck it and try to charge in traffic. A lot of this game is completely luck based which is incredibly frustrating at times.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Only managed to put a couple of hours in so far. Currently at level 20 with the following stat loadout:

xWAaKUjl.jpg

I want to focus on a melee build for my human female, am I doing ok so far with the stats?
Yup. Once you hit a decent basic attack work on strike super if you want to be pure melee or ki blast supers as your finishers.

Spinluck

xWAaKUjl.jpg

Prepare for disappoint.

For all the Melee'rs, is Kaioken x20 a must? It works for me but I wish I could prolong it somehow.

Anyone have any numbers for Super Vegeta vs Super Vegeta 2 in terms of damage? Doesn't seem like I'm doing much more in Super Vegeta 2 vs Super Vegeta besides draining my bar quicker.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That post is bullshit.

There are definitely times where you can't charge when your outnumbered. And the times when you can it's because the AI can't figure it's way around a building or a rock or some shit.

And lol @ attacking to get ki. That will save you in some situations, but when you're outnumbered you'll get fucked up.

Basically I try to find an object that they get bugged around, or just say fuck it and try to charge in traffic. A lot of this game is completely luck based which is incredibly frustrating at times.

You can get by just fine without a charge up skill imo. But even then - I think people just get stuck on swinging for the fences all the time tbh... all it takes is one solid combo to get going. You should have all you need to survive with one bar of Ki to start out with.

Watching friends play, people have seem to have almost no patience when it come to 2v1 or 3v1 fights. You're not going to just stomp enemies out like you may see other people do unless your level, and general experience with the game, is MUCH higher.

That glass cannon stuff is nice - but its a glass cannon.

That post is bullshit.

You're making me want to make that Bardock video...

But my first video is still processing the edits! SHIT!

Top Bottom