• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

KiTA

It kind of works like a monster hunting game. You do specific missions for chance at specific equipment, Z-souls and abilities

That should be the tagline, darnit. :p

8 minutes left on the download, but that will hit after work.

So... races? It sounds like the only race worth even looking at is Saiyan? Or are Frost Akuma / Humans / etc balanced?

So... races? It sounds like the only race worth even looking at is Saiyan? Or are Frost Akuma / Humans / etc balanced?

Saiyans have the potential to be ridiculous spammers but I think the other races have great potential too. My second char is probably going to be a human. That natural ki regen and attack boost at max ki is very tempting.

I tried it yesterday, but found the damage lacking compared to Perfect Kamehameha. I just got Assault Rain recently and it seems as spammable as Deathball, but with the damage of Perfect Kamehameha and has great tracking as well. Maybe I just need to get Frieza's Z-Soul that increases his skills (if there is one) to see a notable damage increase in Death Ball, but I haven't had luck finding him. I was having trouble with the Potara Warrior quest, now I'm easily able to keep Super Buu alive and get a shot at Super Vegito with it.

I actually get the feeling Frieza's Z-Soul doesn't actually work with Death Ball even though I use it anyway.

You can find Frieza when Ginyu master is complete.

If anyone ends up with a chance to do the gift exchange trophies I need to get them done at some point.

psn is aliencowz7 if so.

Edit: Apparently we have to run a mission together to add each other to the recent players list for sending gifts as you can't send one to a psn friend so be aware of that I guess.

Bogeypop

Darn. I started Ginyu's and then Cell offered so I switched up.

Doesn't mean they're gone forever. It's just also RNG which mentor shows up in the city. I still say Perfect Kamehameha from Cell is better than Death Ball, but I'm in the minority.

TimFL

Do you have to use your custom character on PQ 14 to get the super sayian skill? Or can I use any character?

You can use any character. You're better off buying it from the shop though as it's tough to finish Goku off before he kills that stupid Frieza bot with his Super Kamehameha spam.

It unlocks for sale after you finish the Cell and the future Android Saga.

Sephzilla

Do you have to use your custom character on PQ 14 to get the super sayian skill? Or can I use any character?

You can use any character. You're better off buying it from the shop though as it's tough to finish Goku off before he kills that stupid Frieza bot with his Super Kamehameha spam.

It unlocks for sale after you finish the Cell and the future Android Saga.

Yeah, getting SS to drop from PQ14 isn't worth it due to being far too RNG dependent. Goku going SSJ in that PQ is RNG based alone, and then SSJ is RNG on top of that.

It obviously sucks because "This attack is nothing!" lol

Can you try to see if you get Z-Assist with Deathball? That would confirm if Frieza's Z-Soul works with Deathball. I think Frieza's Z-Soul is actually his first form character.
Otherwise I might have to do some testing to see damage difference with and without the Z-Soul.

I just tried a few missions. Didn't happen once.

You have to have the Mentor associated with the Ultimate Attack as your current mentor to trigger the Z-assist where their "ghost" comes and does the animation with you

I did. The video I posted just above showed it happening with Supernova. But when I tried with Deathball and the Frieza Z-Soul it didn't happen.

Yeah, getting SS to drop from PQ14 isn't worth it due to being far too RNG dependent. Goku going SSJ in that PQ is RNG based alone, and then SSJ is RNG on top of that.
Is it RNG based? I found out that beating piccolo then vegeta then gohan then krillin works. This is my 3rd try and goku has went SSJ every time.

Bogeypop

Yeah I think Z-Assist really boosts damage. Too bad Deathball doesn't count.

Now that I watched the video Supernova seems much better than Death Ball. Gotta find that Ginyu first though.

On a side note: Vanishing Ball does just as much damage as a Stage 3 Kamehameha, but comes out way faster, is spammable, and OTGs better. Wish there was a soul that boosted Buu related skills, I'm quite fond of them.
There probably is, but I haven't found it.

Sephzilla

Is it RNG based? I found out that beating piccolo then vegeta then gohan then krillin works. This is my 3rd try and goku has went SSJ every time.

I'll try that when I get home. I've gotten him to go SSJ in other orders too. I usually go Piccolo/Gohan/Vegeta/Krillin

Now that I watched the video Supernova seems much better than Death Ball. Gotta find that Ginyu first though.

I think in the long run Death Ball is still better. Faster windup being the biggest reason. Seems like it's easier to get staggered out of the Supernova if you actually have someone laying into you; I tried a solo high level PQ and actually had the CPU knock me out of it, which didn't really happen with Death Ball.

Nordicus

I went to do the final fight again to get the alternate cutscene, and to check the credits and prove that I'm not crazy whenever I mention QLOC in this thread

o7uk3i9.jpg
C30jKOQ.jpg

Lol I got ssj on my first try and I wasn't even aiming for it, don't need it either since I'm playing as a majin. Could you transfer items between characters?

RNG is frustrating tho, trying to unlock super vegeta and my god is that an annoying mission, its really long, takes me a minimum of 7 minutes to complete and the damn character won't unlock :mad: also do you get repeats of dragon balls? If so, when you do finally get all 7 does it erase your dupes? I never gotten all 7 but I just unlocked two more today so I got curious

Bogeypop

I think in the long run Death Ball is still better. Faster windup being the biggest reason. Seems like it's easier to get staggered out of the Supernova if you actually have someone laying into you; I tried a solo high level PQ and actually had the CPU knock me out of it, which didn't really happen with Death Ball.

Maybe some moves just have more Super Armor than others or moves that come out quicker stop any enemies attempts at knocking you out of your animation. I almost believed you were invincible during Perfect Kamehameha, but I've been hit out of it maybe once or twice before.

TimFL

Lol I got ssj on my first try and I wasn't even aiming for it, don't need it either since I'm playing as a majin. Could you transfer items between characters?

RNG is frustrating tho, trying to unlock super vegeta and my god is that an annoying mission, its really long, takes me a minimum of 7 minutes to complete and the damn character won't unlock :mad: also do you get repeats of dragon balls? If so, when you do finally get all 7 does it erase your dupes? I never gotten all 7 but I just unlocked two more today so I got curious

Ehh... you do realize Super Vegeta is a Saiyan transformation skill that is effectively the same as SSJ1 with the only difference being that it boosts Ki supers instead of strike powers?
It's no character.

On a side note: Vanishing Ball does just as much damage as a Stage 3 Kamehameha, but comes out way faster, is spammable, and OTGs better. Wish there was a soul that boosted Buu related skills, I'm quite fond of them.
There probably is, but I haven't found it.

Nah Deathball has invincibility and fires off fast. You can actually get interrupted doing Supernova because your stamina is consumed when you're hit doing Ultimates.

I'm pretty sure you can do 2 Deathballs within the time of 1 Supernova

TimFL

OOOOOOOKAAAAYYYYY so something tells me that the Launch wig might be changable upon going Super Saiyan considering this!
SSJ2 ChiChi

This is without going Super Saiyan

Not all wigs and stuff can do this, Not even Goku's wig.

Well it just replaces the color. What we really want is the hairstyle changing a bit with transformations.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I'm on PC, and I don't know how much of a hassle it is to get together with someone for Parallel Quests. Still working on getting Spirit Sword too. Can't get Gotenks and Vegito to revive. I'm even killing Gotenks first. Will probably take a break after I finish getting Spirit Sword. Been playing for a while.

Darn.

I was close last time I tried it.

Got 17 and 18 to revive and stuff.

Bogeypop

Nah Deathball has invincibility and fires off fast. You can actually get interrupted doing Supernova because your stamina is consumed when you're hit doing Ultimates.

I'm pretty sure you can do 2 Deathballs within the time of 1 Supernova

It might just depend if you're in the start up or active frames of the Ultimate whether you get hit out of it or not. Just did a Perfect Kamehameha against Adult Gohan while he did a Super Kamehameha against me and all it did was do a slight bit of damage to me, but not drain my Stamina whatsoever.

Where's my frame data, Bamco or Prima Games?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ended up picking this up from Steam. Was thinking about getting it retail on PS4, but none of the stores near me had it and I was feeling impatient. Does the PS4 version also run at 60 FPS? If not, I guess I made the right choice. This is a minor nitpick, but I was little disappointed in how basic the character creation system is. And it seems like your hair choices are either variants of Saiyans, younger Bulma, and Androids 17/18, lol.

Still unsure about which race to use. I started as a Saiyan but am thinking I might start over and go with a Majin instead.

When you see someone to train under, are you locked into training with him, or can you train under multiple characters?

TimFL

When you see someone to train under, are you locked into training with him, or can you train under multiple characters?

You can switch at any time. I'd complete a training before switching first though as your relationship with a mentor is reset when you accept another mentor.

Ended up picking this up from Steam. Was thinking about getting it retail on PS4, but none of the stores near me had it and I was feeling impatient. Does the PS4 version also run at 60 FPS? If not, I guess I made the right choice.

Still unsure about which race to use. I started as a Saiyan but am thinking I might start over and go with a Majin instead.

You're not locked into training with anyone; There are 4 levels to each mentor which will give you a skill. Completing all 4 is a requirement for the achievements/trophies related to that mentor.

As for character, play whichever race you want. It's easy to power level others later on (there is a Dragon Ball fetch quest that can give you levels in under a minute, for example)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You're not locked into training with anyone; There are 4 levels to each mentor which will give you a skill. Completing all 4 is a requirement for the achievements/trophies related to that mentor.

As for character, play whichever race you want. It's easy to power level others later on (there is a Dragon Ball fetch quest that can give you levels in under a minute, for example)

You can switch at any time. I'd complete a training before switching first though as your relationship with a mentor is reset when you accept another mentor.

Cool, thanks!

Muzicfreq

Banned
Ended up picking this up from Steam. Was thinking about getting it retail on PS4, but none of the stores near me had it and I was feeling impatient. Does the PS4 version also run at 60 FPS? If not, I guess I made the right choice.

They locked it at a solid 30.
I wonder if they had drops from 60 even though it should be able to run it just fine.

BTW Super Saiyan Baba

Top Bottom