• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Korezo

Ok I made 4 shit lvl 80 characters, now I want to make some optimum stuff. Is girl saiyan the best blast type character you can make in the game, she would only be used for pve.

AGITΩ

What
The
Fuck

I spent all day dragon ball farming, summon Shenron and get Kicked out because server issues, finally get back in just to find out my dragon balls are gone. I think im done, until they fix this server drop off in single lobby BS.

Anung

Un Rama
AGITΩ;154654654 said:
What
The
Fuck

I spent all day dragon ball farming, summon Shenron and get Kicked out because server issues, finally get back in just to find out my dragon balls are gone. I think im done, until they fix this server drop off in single lobby BS.

Holy fuck that is some serious bullshit. Its crazy how peeps are getting problems like this when I'm having little to no issues.

kaiiri

so is there a known difference between the power ups for ssj1 and ssj2? I don't really notice a huge damage increase so was curious.

EDIT: include super vegeta in that question as well!

FootballFan

AGITΩ;154654654 said:
What
The
Fuck

Wow that sucks.

My copy arrives today, I think I'll just play it offline until this is sorted.

BHK3

Banned
good god how the fuck is this vegeta and cell AI balanced? I can't get near them because they either combo me till i have negative stamina or just spam final flash and super kamehameha...doesn't matter if I turn super saiyan if my ultimate attacks don't do that much damage or I just hit out of them...

patchday

AGITΩ;154654654 said:
What
The
Fuck

damn, if I ever collect some dragonballs and summon I'll make sure I'm offline.

so is there a known difference between the power ups for ssj1 and ssj2? I don't really notice a huge damage increase so was curious.

EDIT: include super vegeta in that question as well!

Wish I knew. I use SSJ2 because I'm sure there's some benefit lol

Well you guys convinced me to buy it. Character creation and customization is like my kryptonite... Pretty bad at fighting games so I expect to get my ass handed to me for a while.

AGITΩ;154654654 said:
What
The
Fuck

That's terrible man.

kaiiri

damn, if I ever collect some dragonballs and summon I'll make sure I'm offline.

Wish I knew. I use SSJ2 because I'm sure there's some benefit lol

haha that's what I was thinking. I read somewhere that super vegeta form gives better ki power up.. so maybe I'll go farm those and see. lol. I'm going for the oh so boring ki spam build. XD

Is it worth putting points into basic attack? I'm not looking to deal major damage with them as I figure that won't ever happen anyway, but the question stands.

Spinluck

AGITΩ;154654654 said:
What
The
Fuck

Damn...

patchday

Well you guys convinced me to buy it. Character creation and customization is like my kryptonite... Pretty bad at fighting games so I expect to get my ass handed to me for a while.

You'll be perfectly entertained for a long time completely without the pvp aspect. I think I see the online coop being super popular if they can improve the servers

But if you do decide to hop into online battles you'll have even more things to do

oh my fucking god that majin buu mission tho, what the fuck man. ssj goku is useless(just like every other a.i. partner in the game) and they just send countless waves of buu at you, i thought it was just gonna be 3 buus but nope, they constantly kept bringing out smaller versions and i ended up failing the mission cause ssj3 goku died when we were fighting the regular buus. im lvl30 btw, also was doing a pq against the androids and ended up losing at the final part where you go against both of them at the same time cause my ai team members ended up dying at the same time, AND teen gohan wants me to do a quest for him that involves going against him and his father at the same time while they're both in ssj form... they just kept spamming kamehamehas... I'm starting to dislike the game, enemies are damage sponges and you can't do the tougher pqs solo cause the ai is trash. also, i hate, HATE when they put you up against an enemy who has some kind of armor where you hits don't stun them(just went against mira and had to restart cause of it)

I think I'm just gonna restart the game as a sayian and cheese this shit cause fuck, thats what the enemy does.

patchday

oh my fucking god that majin buu mission tho, what the fuck man. ssj goku is useless(just like every other a.i. partner in the game) and they just send countless waves of buu at you, i thought it was just gonna be 3 buus but nope, they constantly kept bringing out smaller versions and i ended up failing the mission cause ssj3 goku died when we were fighting the regular buus. im lvl30 btw, also was doing a pq against the androids and ended up losing at the final part where you go against both of them at the same time cause my ai team members ended up dying at the same time, AND teen gohan wants me to do a quest for him that involves going against him and his father at the same time while they're both in ssj form... they just kept spamming kamehamehas... I'm starting to dislike the game, enemies are damage sponges and you can't do the tougher pqs solo cause the ai is trash. also, i hate, HATE when they put you up against an enemy who has some kind of armor where you hits don't stun them(just went against mira and had to restart cause of it)

I think I'm just gonna restart the game as a sayian and cheese this shit cause fuck, thats what the enemy does.

Yeah honestly while reading your post I was thinking to myself,

"He must NOT be a Saiyan because my little girl Saiyan is a Monster Solo"

My girl been tanking 2 Saiyans like a boss. What I like to do is get her killed during the mission one time to turn her perk that gives her infinite ki so she can remain in SSJ2 form. Then proceed to spam infinite ultimates lmao if these AIs were real I'd apologize but you know- I gotta get my loot and its fun for me... Btw Perk is called "I'll never forgive you scum". Drops from frieza

[edit] I beat the SP on my Frieza dude. I just went in that buu mission with a bunch of self heals. Cant recall using a specific strategy. Like always I didn't care bout my AI teammate. I just stayed on the move. Zip in close, combo upclose, final flash sometimes, & get out fast before the gang bang from small buus.

AGITΩ;154654654 said:
What
The
Fuck

I wouldn't even say that's uncommon. I've had it happen once and also lost the five Dragon Balls I collected after the server crashed.

Can't believe the servers are so bad

Yeah this game has a ton of issues, I'm probably just going to finish the main story then stop playing

Yeah honestly while reading your post I was thinking to myself,

"He must NOT be a Saiyan because my little girl Saiyan is a Monster Solo"

My girl been tanking 2 Saiyans like a boss. What I like to do is get her killed during the mission one time to turn her perk that gives her infinite ki so she can remain in SSJ2 form. Then proceed to spam infinite ultimates lmao if these AIs were real I'd apologize but you know- I gotta get my loot and its fun for me... Btw Perk is called "I'll never forgive you scum". Drops from frieza

see this is the shit im talking about, you're basically playing handicapped if you don't pick saiyan, they're op and honestly they're the most effective way of countering the game's bs enemies.

cHinzo

Only got kicked out once in 30 hours of playtime from the server. :/
Also finished the campaign at lvl 57. Went hard at the end. Didn't experience any difficulties during the story. Only problem was the Ginyu fight when he took over my character, since I was a bit underleveled, but i only took a couple of tries to beat him. Now I can focus on unlocking more stuff with the story out of the way.

Finally found Goku in the hub as my mentor. Also farming for Vegito's clothes, since I'm not really feeling the Four Star or GT Goku's clothes atm. Can anyone recommend some good alternate Supers and Ultimates for a Ki Blast user? No regular stuff please, like the Death Ball, Kamehameha, Super Electric Strike, Final Flash etc. I wonder if some other higher level skills are also viable. Just unlocked that Genocide Shells Super and it was the most useless attack I've ever seen. U basically drop four small purple unmovable balls in front of u and hope the enemy walks over it? XD

patchday

see this is the shit im talking about, you're basically playing handicapped if you don't pick saiyan, they're op and honestly they're the most effective way of countering the game's bs enemies.

I've beaten the story with my Frieza race too. Cant recall the buu mission being too tough. Got past it on 1st try

The only 2 missions I had problem with was:
Beerus and Whis
1st mission in the secret saga

But I used healing items whenever I needed to. I blew right through the SP campaign

Only got kicked out once in 30 hours of playtime from the server. :/
Also finished the campaign at lvl 57. Went hard at the end. Didn't experience any difficulties during the story. Only problem was the Ginyu fight when he took over my character, since I was a bit underleveled, but i only took a couple of tries to beat him. Now I can focus on unlocking more stuff with the story out of the way.

Finally found Goku in the hub as my mentor. Also farming for Vegito's clothes, since I'm not really feeling the Four Star or GT Goku's clothes atm. Can anyone recommend some good alternate Supers and Ultimates for a Ki Blast user? No regular stuff please, like the Death Ball, Kamehameha, Super Electric Strike, Final Flash etc. I wonder if some other higher level skills are also viable. Just unlocked that Genocide Shells Super and it was the most useless attack I've ever seen. U basically drop four small purple unmovable balls in front of u and hope the enemy walks over it? XD

[edit] Ah, I always use a Scouter. But I keep forgetting a lot of the posters having issues are probably dramatically underleveled. I spent a little time honing my characters in the PQs. So by the time I focused on the SP campaign I was properly leveled. Everytime I used my scanner the NPCs were around my level. Well except the fight with the
Beerus and Whis
. I was L40ish while they were L65+

Korezo

Does anyone know if a girl saiyan is better than a male saiyan for ki blasts? What does it mean for males that super moves are not as strong? not as strong compared to who?

cHinzo

But I used healing items whenever I needed to. I blew right through the SP campaign
Yeah capsules sure are handy. I used the two healing capsules, the team regen capsule for the dumbass AI and the senzu beans when in a pinch. Kept me quite healthy. I wonder if anyone used the energy or the buff capsules.

Rewind

Does anyone know if a girl saiyan is better than a male saiyan for ki blasts? What does it mean for males that super moves are not as strong? not as strong compared to who?
I think females get stronger ki supers and males get stronger strike supers.

Anung

Un Rama
Had a proper Dark Souls moment on this earlier. A random person in the hub world challenged me to a fight. We fought, I won. Back in the hub world we both bow before going out seperate ways.

Not as strong compared to female Saiyans I imagine, just as female saiyans have lower health compared to male saiyans. The game was telling you the difference between both genders in the saiyan class at that point when choosing between the two.

Female is better for Ki Blasts because of that and they have faster Ki and Stamina regen rate.

patchday

Can anyone recommend some good alternate Supers and Ultimates for a Ki Blast user? No regular stuff please, like the Death Ball, Kamehameha, Super Electric Strike, Final Flash etc. I wonder if some other higher level skills are also viable. Just unlocked that Genocide Shells Super and it was the most useless attack I've ever seen. U basically drop four small purple unmovable balls in front of u and hope the enemy walks over it? XD

Recome has a few skills that's amazing. At least in PvE. Wall of Defense is amazing for helping protect a gimped AI teammate. Recomes ultimate explosion is amazing for blowing away multiple dudes at once. Perfect Cell mentor gives you a nice strike to blow away the gang bangers (multiple AIs).

This is from the PVE perspective

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
AGITΩ;154654654 said:
What
The
Fuck

Damn...this is why I pretty much disconnect my network everytime I go play single player, don't want to risk this sort of thing.

Astral

How long is it supposed to take to advance with a mentor? I've been needing one more skill for Krillin forever now.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
IGN pls..
231c0976aa15e574b1218ece95d802f1.png

My explanation from earlier today, relates to offensive vanishes
You can vanish when attacked if you press X and have 2 full bars of stamina. If you're blocking, it takes only 1 bar

Thanks for the answer ...

I've played 2 hours , but i plan to restart and better plan my character ..i was wondering if i playedthe game wrong but your post made me consider things from another perspective. Thanks.

AGITΩ

AGITΩ;154654654 said:
What
The
Fuck

So luckily my PS4 Recorded that Gameplay footage, so for anyone who wants to see my pain...here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpwzGPLX4SM

Spinluck

IGN pls..

This game is fun and I think it's good. Definitely the best in a longtime.

I don't see much wrong there though.

I enjoy the game and will probably buy the DLC, but I think many might be giving the game a pass on its many flaws since it's a brand new formula and a DBZ game that hits the mark in many areas.

I don't like scoring games, but this one is no higher than 6-7 for me. IGN is still a joke though.

The game just isn't as tight as it could be. Super shit camera, occasionally horrific lock on controls, meh hub world, garbage servers, repetitive mission structures (a lot PQs are so boring and lack variety, some however are nice and you get some great character banter), cheapo AI (unless you decide you want to out cheap them), completing hidden mission objectives not guaranteeing access to extended missions (loot not dropping is annoying enough lol), overlooked mechanics and design choices (lol respecing being behind Dragonballs among other things) , somewhat clunky controls, and just a lack of polish in some areas. I can probably go on but this is what I got.

I'll give them a pass since last gen had to be accommodated, and this is their first go at this formula and battle system. In all it's flaws the game is still a beautiful gem that also got a lot right. As someone stated earlier, I would love more anime/s.jump games like this. A Naruto one is just waiting to be made, and I did not even watch that show lol.

Namikaze

IGN pls..

Seems fair to me. Combat/story in this game are solid but the quests are a bit cheap at times, and the AI is completely random and can be anywhere from super helpful to absolutely useless. Add in the broken servers etc. and I find the score to be a bit generous to be honest.

Basically, awesome foundation, somewhat flawed execution. Still, Xenoverse is amazing coming off of Battle of Z which is a terrible game and I can't wait to see if we get a Xenoverse 2.
Please don't be a "Burst Limit" situation...

lol first time seeing the dialogue between Gogeta and Vegito.

Gogeta: Gogeta or Vegito, wonder which one is more powerful?
Vegito: We'll find out soon.

I mean, it doesn't make sense why they would have that but whatever!

Bogeypop

I want to believe you guys about Death Ball, but the more I try it out the more I don't see what the fuss is. There are other Ultimate Attacks that do way more damage. Heck I find Super Vanishing Ball does the same job as Death Ball, but better. Faster animation, more damage, better AoE. Even Super Electric Attack covers a better area and does more damage than Death Ball though not as much as Super Vanishing Ball.

Finally doing
Bardock story

They're completely useless and die so fast.

You could try Hercule's Ultimate Attack "The Savior Has Come" to draw aggro away from the NPCs.

patchday

For
Bardock
story, I saw a great tip on gamefaq where the poster advised getting Wall Of Defense. After that, you just need a good AOE attack like Giant Bomb or Recome's ultimate explosion. Cake! Got it on 1st try using that strategy with my frieza clan

But previous to that strategy it was impossible. I think these crazy devs balanced the game with Wall of Defense in mind to protect the weak NPC allies

I want to believe you guys about Death Ball, but the more I try it out the more I don't see what the fuss is about. There are other Ultimate Attacks that do way more damage. Heck I find Super Vanishing Ball does the same job as Death Ball, but better. Faster animation, more damage, better AoE. Even Super Electric Attack is faster and does more damage than Death Ball though not as much as Super Vanishing Ball.

I used Super Vanishing Ball for a few rounds. It can miss, it's harder to stunlock, and it's not invincible.

It does a lot more damage, which I thought it might be good, but once the enemy was right on my face attacking me, they pushed me back and the Super Vanishing Ball misses completely. Also, it's not fast enough to keep them in the air, where Deathball can constantly keep opponents in the air once their stamina guard is all gone.

If someone does Super Kamehameha on you just as you doe your ultimate, it will cancel your Super Vanishing Ball. That's why Death Ball is so much more powerful.

Top Bottom