• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Nordicus

Hmm, I might have to get Goku's regular spirit bomb for my character just for novelty's sake. It bounces off walls once if it misses its target, and the energy gathering phase has stamina-based super armor.

Trickster

Loving the game at the minute, but it seems some obvious choices have been overlooked. Such as the simple option of being able to choose the colour of your aura, being an android and having the option to see clothing items before they are bought...

I think it is by far the best game we have been given in a very long time, but it seems some corners have been cut and for god knows any reason. No F.Race transforms and no android race, no actual SSJ transformation that stays on. Hopefully these may be in patches or updates, but I highly doubt it.

Budget, the budget is the reason for the cut corners.

However one can could hope/expect that given this game's huge success , that there will be a sequel that isn't limited by the ps3/360 hardware or low budget.

Nordicus

I better practice doing Just Guards on regular ki blasts. If you got the timing down, you can easily get 2 ki bars filled in 3 seconds

ZeroX03

Banned
Does it just drop during the PQ or are there prerequisites I need to initiate?

Both my friend and I had it drop during the optional fight against Frieza at the end. You have to beat the weak assist units before killing Vegeta and Frieza the first times for a chance for a final rematch after Cell for a chance for it to trigger. I am not sure if it's necessary but killing Frieza again gives an extra chance to drop so it can't hurt.

NinjaJesus

Both my friend and I had it drop during the optional fight against Frieza at the end. You have to beat the weak assist units before killing Vegeta and Frieza the first times for a chance for a final rematch after Cell for a chance for it to trigger. I am not sure if it's necessary but killing Frieza again gives an extra chance to drop so it can't hurt.

Yeah, just came back to say I had it drop just a sec ago during the second encounter with all three bosses.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but how does it fare compared to Super Vanishing Ball?

Respect

man i want super vegeta.

this is gonna be a fun grind...

Same...grinded some last night. RNG for drops is a bit annoying, but that is okay overall, RNG for events happening during the mission even though all conditions are met, is definitely not okay. I'm guessing it was intended and I doubt it will be changed unfortunately.

Grinded for Trunks' Capsule Corp Jacket and Tapion's Sword before heading to work this morning. Only took two and three tries, respectively. RNG's been seriously forgiving for me so far.

Going to finish training under Cell for Perfect Kamehameha, level up some, and start Dragonball hunting. The GT characters are the ones that can be unlocked with Shenron wishes, right?

Couple of quick questions, sorry if they have been asked 100 times already:

I went to the Dragon Ball pedestal and it told me that I didn't have any DBs. But I just collected seven of them on Namek in an early PQ. Is that not how you collect them?

How exactly do you progress with a mentor? I have Vegeta as mine right now. After playing for a while, I talked to him and he challenged me to finish him off with Galick Gun, earning a new skill for me, but I'm not sure what triggered that event.

Cool game so far. Very fun. I miss the graphics from BT3/RB1 which looked just like the anime, but this is undeniably the deeper game. I underestimated how fun it would be to fight alongside the major characters in addition to playing as them.

Nordicus

I can't really argue with that score to be honest. I done a head/heart score for my review. Taken on its own as a game for non-dbz fans then it probably is a 6/10. As a huge DBZ fan though its a 9/10 for me personally although I can see the flaws in it.
The review's contents are more iffy than the actual score. The video doesn't show that the reviewer had really worked out the combat in this game, lacking in any comboes except mashing square and one another basic combo string. She called the combat "repetitive and frustrating" when she could have spiced it up herself. Not only that, but she saw the story missions as the main meat of the game and the co-op PQs as mere repetitive grind that you have to do to beat it
I went to the Dragon Ball pedestal and it told me that I didn't have any DBs. But I just collected seven of them on Namek in an early PQ. Is that not how you collect them?
Those are not dragon balls that you collect for yourself, those are dragonballs that you collect for Trunks. You get your own dragon balls as random rare drops, mostly from other Time Patroller NPCs
How exactly do you progress with a mentor? I have Vegeta as mine right now. After playing for a while, I talked to him and he challenged me to finish him off with Galick Gun, earning a new skill for me, but I'm not sure what triggered that event.
Unless the mentor states otherwise, you progress in your mastery by fighting alongside your mentor, getting good ranks in missions and using mentor's moves actively (possibly finishing off people with them)

Astral

I read that Vegito's clothes and this 4-Star something or other outfit are best for a ki blast build. What does the latter look like and which one is easier to grind for?

Those are not dragon balls that you collect for yourself, those are dragonballs that you collect for Trunks. You get your own dragon balls as random rare drops, mostly from other Time Patroller NPCs

So that's in PQs, right? The NPCs are just in the levels themselves?

Unless the mentor states otherwise, you progress in your mastery by fighting alongside your mentor, getting good ranks in missions and using mentor's moves actively (possibly finishing off people with them)

So when I do a PQ, I should just select my mentor as the second character to fight with them?

Thanks for the help!

NinjaJesus

I read that Vegito's clothes and this 4-Star something or other outfit are best for a ki blast build. What does the latter look like and which one is easier to grind for?

4 star is unlocked by beating the story and it looks like this.

TI4DIBq.jpg

Doombacon

4-Star is from the vendor for 100,000 for each piece. I don't have a picture at the moment but it looks pretty decent and has color customization.

Kyari

my game goes up to 2560x1440 normally and to 3840x2160 using GeDoSaTo..

What is the resolution of your monitor and what kind of gpu do you have?

Its a little dated radeon r7 260x, but doesn't have any issues running the game (or other more demand games at high resolutions)

Omni

When do you unlock Vegito?

I finished the Buu saga last night. Figured it would be then but I didn't even see him appear.

Bogeypop

Uh you get easily stunned out of your ultimate. Maybe try some harder PQs before you come to this conclusion. Vegeta, Goku, and Gohan will start firing ultimates like machine guns, you won't have a chance to fire anything.

And it doesn't stun lock, sorry, but you're wrong. Deathball keeps them in the same spot in the air the whole time. Super Vanishing Ball, they will land and can recover and move away. Happened plenty of times when I was using it.

I've had Goku and Gohan fire Super Kamehamehas at the same time at me while I'm doing my own Ultimate. All it does is make me take no damage, and make mine hit fewer times. I stream and you can check my VoDs for video proof. It's occured multiple times throughout the days I've been playing. It's happened as recently as yesterday.

http://www.twitch.tv/boogiepop/b/632539839

With some fast timing you can also hit enemies while still in the air with another Super Vanishing Ball, or at worst while they're in a bounce state as they hit the ground after a knock-down, and you can keep chaining it.

Going to finish training under Cell for Perfect Kamehameha, level up some, and start Dragonball hunting. The GT characters are the ones that can be unlocked with Shenron wishes, right?

SSJ4 Gogeta, Super 17, and Omega Shenron in that order.

When do you unlock Vegito?

I finished the Buu saga last night. Figured it would be then but I didn't even see him appear.

You have to complete PQ 36 and then 37 and a few other PQs unlock. Then you just finish PQ 37 and he unlocks.

Forkball

I got online for the first time today. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone else's character. There are some hideous, hideous creations out there.

04E6C70B9ED73BF98C58AE8B8A339317DBC8452C

Bogeypop

#18's clothes are a drop? Nghhhhhhhhhhhhgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And they don't drop easy either. I have one pair of boots so far to my Android 18 gear and I'm not even sure it will be the right outfit when I'm done.

PQ #29 2nd World Tournament Tag Team drops the superior "Vest and Pants" Android 18 clothes.
It also drops Dabura's Clothes, but those seem to be much more rare as I only got the Boots to drop in the time I was farming the Android 18's Vest and Pants set.

cHinzo

PQ #29 2nd World Tournament Tag Team drops the superior "Vest and Pants" Android 18 clothes.
It also drops Dabura's Clothes, but those seem to be much more rare as I only got the Boots to drop in the time I was farming the Android 18's Vest and Pants set.
Looking great. :>

Can't get the Vegito top and bottom to drop. Not gonna stop farming until I got thembut np I'm asian, I'm used to farming. 8)

Bogeypop

Looking great. :>

Can't get the Vegito top and bottom to drop. Not gonna stop farming until I got thembut np I'm asian, I'm used to farming. 8)

Which PQ do they drop from? I would love to get the Vegito clothes (actually colored my starter clothes in Vegito's colors), but I haven't progressed the story enough to make that PQ unlock. I feel if I finish the game and see the credits I'll lose my motivation to keep playing
I'm even already at max level
. Might just progress the story slightly until the PQ that drops that unlocks.

Cross post from the character thread! Honestly I wasn't going to buy Xenoverse anytime soon but a friend annoyed me so much with it till I bought it :p It's fun so far but really one of the harder games I played!

I started with a female Saiyan just so I could finally see how a female Super Saiyan would look like after Pan never made it in the show :( Wish there was a way to take a good screenshot while fighting in SSJ form but it's hard so here's a normal shot for now:

Just beat the Cell Saga and I died more than I would like to admit but it's not frustrating, rather it wants me to get better which is a good thing :)

cHinzo

Which PQ do they drop from? I would love to get the Vegito clothes (actually colored my starter clothes in Vegito's colors), but I haven't progressed the story enough to make that PQ unlock. I feel if I finish the game and see the credits I'll lose my motivation to keep playing
I'm even already at max level
. Might just progress the story slightly until the PQ that drops that unlocks.

960CD4814011D99F6AAA220B90C3BFD58B09C09F

First screenshot taken from this game.
Heh, I also tried to color my starter's clothes with Vegito's colors. :p

U need PQ 49 for Vegito's clothes. Defeat Goku with an ultimate and u get a chance for him to turn into Vegito. Defeat him and there is a tiny small little chance to drop a piece of his armor. I guess it's worth it, since it's better looking than those standard GT Goku and Four Star clothes. :D

Played about 5 hours and the game is pretty fun. The two big complaints I have with it are not being able to preview items before buying them (even though I know what final set I want) and everything is random. Like I can get random drops in an instanced mission, but trainers? Could use some tightening in the sequel.

Respect

Any hard numbers about how much gear affects stats? What I have heard is that the affect is minimal, still curious if there are any hard numbers yet.

Korezo

This game is becoming a waste of life, now there are days I play for hours and get 0 progress done because I get no drops from anything I do. I don't even enjoy the game anymore.

Boogdud

Any hard numbers about how much gear affects stats? What I have heard is that the affect is minimal, still curious if there are any hard numbers yet.

I was wondering this as well. My poor frieza guy looks ghetto with all the ki super biased gear. How much of a difference does it make? I'd much rather look frabulous.

I was wondering this as well. My poor frieza guy looks ghetto with all the ki super biased gear. How much of a difference does it make? I'd much rather look frabulous.

If you press triangle while changing the gear, it brings up the diagram of your stats. I was switching between clothes and could not see a difference in stats.

Grinded for Trunks' Capsule Corp Jacket and Tapion's Sword before heading to work this morning. Only took two and three tries, respectively. RNG's been seriously forgiving for me so far.

Yup, I unlocked SSJ4 gogeta from a dragon ball wish.

I apologize if this is bad form to come into the OT and ask this, but I've been reading a little bit of this OT and I'm curious:

Exactly what kind of game is this?

I mean, I get that the idea is that you create your character and join in all the big parts of the series, but I'm also seeing talk of gear and stats and levels and builds, to a greater degree than other DBZ games. It almost sounds like an MMO fighter the way this thread reads.

It's really got me intrigued.

Top Bottom