• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Bogeypop

Looks cool.

Nice, another member of the superior Student Skirt master race. It practically goes with everything. Reverse the waist scarf and skirt colors and I like your style.
JkkJWWo.png
Or just make the scarf red at least

I honestly do not mind super armor opponents that much when you're outnumbering them, it keeps the fights from becoming complete child's play in PQs.
when you're playing with the ai it might as well just be 1v1, only purpose they serve is as a distraction so you dont have 3 bs enemy ai on you

Muzicfreq

Banned
I just got this game for PS4, and I'm having this weird issue where the camera (right analog stick) keeps moving upward all on its own. I was worried this might be an issue with my controller, but I tried other games to check, and this seems to be exclusively an issue with Xenoverse.

It didn't seem to have this issue when I started the game, but after a few minutes on the character customization screen that's when the issue started. Any ideas?

Nah, this game has like 0 deadzone. my character sometimes walks if I leave the controller alone. a bit too sensitive if you ask me

Hey, peeps. Just got this game and I'm getting my ass royally kicked by everyone in story mode. I made a female Buu character, and I just found out that what I picked could make the game crazy hard for me. What should I do to get my character in shape?

Corgi

Banned
Hey, peeps. Just got this game and I'm getting my ass royally kicked by everyone in story mode. I made a female Buu character, and I just found out that what I picked could make the game crazy hard for me. What should I do to get my character in shape?

left dpad for scouter. check enemy levels. if they are way higher. go to parallel quests and grind a bit.

SOLDIER

Nah, this game has like 0 deadzone. my character sometimes walks if I leave the controller alone. a bit too sensitive if you ask me

Is there no solution? It sounds like it's a common problem on PC, but I didn't think it would be a PS4 issue as well.

RoySFNR

As someone who usually loses his life to mmo's and played the crap out of tenkaichi 2, this game is a match made in heaven. I don't wanna grind but I have to grind you know.

Never thought I'd see the day I got pissed because Cell didn't want to teach a new move to my redheaded saiyan. Pure bliss.

I love this game. Any word on when the DLC is releasing? This month right?
Pack 1 is this month.
Pack 2 and 3 are to be determined.
Seems Pack 2 will be based on some of GT. My guess is that it is a movie pack.
Pack 3 is based on DB with Roshi costume and Lunch as a character.

void666

Banned
I saw this thread and it convinced me to buy the game. Downloaded, played a little and thought to myself "damn, i just made a mistake".

But i'm enjoying it more and more.

What is bothering me now, along with connectivity issues, is how poor the game feels at times. The hub area looks like something from a psx game. The destruction effects and arenas are very ugly too.

I hope this game becomes a huge success to warrant a (improved) sequel.

Muzicfreq

Banned
ok female saiyans even when built for nothing but melee still do ki blasts far better than melee skills.
>.> Screw it grabbing the Dragon's balls and changing to a health, ki, ki blast build

ok female saiyans even when built for nothing but melee still do ki blasts far better than melee skills.
>.> Screw it grabbing the Dragon's balls and changing to a health, ki, ki blast build
I think the game is tailored to melee then ending with a ki attack.
Having a much easier time taking down enemies with my Freeza build.

I saw this thread and it convinced me to buy the game. Downloaded, played a little and thought to myself "damn, i just made a mistake".

But i'm enjoying it more and more.

What is bothering me now, along with connectivity issues, is how poor the game feels at times. The hub area looks like something from a psx game. The destruction effects and arenas are very ugly too.

I hope this game becomes a huge success to warrant a (improved) sequel.
I would compare it to the first Monster Hunter. The first game was good, but needed improvements. Now we are up to 4.

NinjaJesus

Lol good luck with that. I expect u to come back tomorrow in this thread whining about the drop rate of that set. :p

lmao, well...I've done it twice so far and have feet...so we're off to a good start.

Also, are you supposed to get all 3 special abilities at the end of Potar Warrior (Vegito fight?)

Nordicus

Grrr, I took a gamble and went on a Z-soul mixing spree with my excellent Stamina recovery Z-soul, hoping I'd get something for similar purpose but better. Nope. It was a long chain of Android Z-souls that ended up in Super 17's soul. Now it makes me recover more Ki when I take damage, and when Ki is full, I gain a whopping 34% increase in basic attack damage.

It is nice, but at the same time this soul does not make me an extremely slippery motherfucker like the last one did.
How do I deal with boss hyper armor? Do I need more points in basic attacks?
More points in whatever type of damage you prefer the most, basic attack, strike supers or blast supers.

Imagine the hyper armor on bosses having their own invisible HP bar that you also damage when you damage the boss, and when the armor breaks, it has around 10-20 second time to recover to full.

NinjaJesus

This is the question we all ask ourselves.
You have to have Max Mastery with Ginyu first before he shows up. Even then he still hasn't shown up for me. Damn RNG.

THANK YOU, He just happens to be in town waiting for me to make him my Master too...appreciate it. What about Beerus?

cHinzo

lmao, well...I've done it twice so far and have feet...so we're off to a good start.

Also, are you supposed to get all 3 special abilities at the end of Potar Warrior (Vegito fight?)

Nope, one by one. Most of them are crap though. Like no range, hardly any damage supers. >_>

THANK YOU, He just happens to be in town waiting for me to make him my Master too...appreciate it. What about Beerus?

IIRC finish Goku's training first.

More points in whatever type of damage you prefer the most, basic attack, strike supers or blast supers.

Imagine the hyper armor on bosses having their own invisible HP bar that you also damage when you damage the boss, and when the armor breaks, it has around 10-20 second time to recover to full.
So basically it works the same way as Great Ape fights? Gotcha

NinjaJesus

Nope, one by one. Most of them are crap though. Like no range, hardly any damage supers. >_>

Oh, I thought it was odd I got all 3 at once. Was like there's no way I'm that lucky. Too bad they're all trash.

Awesome, got that done already...now if he'd just show his face.

Really hope they make some big improvements to the online in the sequel. Really should be able to make a team with people and then do multiple PQs without having to invite them every time. And getting kicked back to the city after every PQ is such poor design.

Game is really good for the most part, it just has a few things that really drag it down.

Kaioken x20 after only three tries. I have seriously been having the weirdest luck these past few days.

Edit: And now Cell's giving the the last training mission to get Perfect Kamehameha. Godlike.

Top Bottom