• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I posted him in the character thread when I first made him, but I'm really proud of my Saiyan. I got him some cool clothes, and now he looks awesome.

mvpDUyD.jpg

mUtN4VF.jpg

SoulUnison

Banned
Really hope they make some big improvements to the online in the sequel. Really should be able to make a team with people and then do multiple PQs without having to invite them every time. And getting kicked back to the city after every PQ is such poor design.

Game is really good for the most part, it just has a few things that really drag it down.

I hate the pointless walk from the "Time Machine" area back to the PQ and Battle Counters.

Bogeypop

Soooo ssv or ssv2?

feel like if both are RNG based... might as well decide on which I should get early on.

I feel that SSV2 gives less than a 10% increase in damage compared to SSV at the cost of faster Ki drain. I planned on testing it out some more today to be sure, but haven't gotten around to it. Regardless of that I'd almost say the time investment to farm SSV isn't really worth it when you can farm SSV2 much faster.

NinjaJesus

Soooo ssv or ssv2?

feel like if both are RNG based... might as well decide on which I should get early on.

Super Vegeta 2 is much easier to get imho. You don't have to set up any extreme scenarios. Just smack the shit out of Buu. Can drop even without the extra event happening. Takes under 2 min to do.

Perfect Kamehameha's damage makes Final Flash look like a chump's attack, goddamn

Soooo ssv or ssv2?

Super Vegeta 2 is a lot easier and far less tedious to farm than Super Vegeta 1. Go for that one instead.

Nameless

Really hope they make some big improvements to the online in the sequel. Really should be able to make a team with people and then do multiple PQs without having to invite them every time. And getting kicked back to the city after every PQ is such poor design.

Game is really good for the most part, it just has a few things that really drag it down.

This. But hopefully we won't have to wait got a sequel. How tough would it be to add a PQ playlist option? Granted Eastern games don't always see quality/steady support in the online department.

RoySFNR

Soooo ssv or ssv2?

Depends on whether you want to play pve or pvp. You can get away with using 2 in pve since you get a lot of time to charge in between fights. I'd stick to regular Super Vegeta if you want to play ranked vs since saiyans tend to die once their transformation runs out and charging gets punished by most decent players.

That said, SV is a bitch to get while I managed to get sv2 without specifically trying.

Astral

I noticed that when I hold the shoulder buttons a blank skill appears on circle, but I can't assign anything to circle. Is this something you can unlock later?

So I'm stuck at
the first fight against Mira
. I'm level 16~ and I'm getting my ass handed to me everytime.

What level should I be???

Maybe I just suck at this game :/

So I'm stuck at

Which first fight, the cutsceney fight that you only lower his health or the first full fledged fight after Cell?

ZeroX03

Banned
So I'm stuck at

Use the scouter to check his level. If you aren't at or above his level, go play Parallel Quests until you are.

Teknoman

Anyone run into someone's created character as a hidden event boss?

Also anyone know what the hidden conditions are for the Namekian Dragon Balls quest or the Ginyu force test with Guldo?

Piers

Only just realised that using Ethernet helps a lot on P2P games.
Thank god, because almost all Online PQs resulted in unwinnable desyncs.

Moneal

for a ki ultimate based saiyan what are the z souls worth looking out for?

any fight were you face multiples, Why you!, not exact spelling. refills your ki when you kill. allows for unlimited ss without charging or dying first(unlike Ill never forgive you scum), so long as you can kill within one meter.

Muzicfreq

Banned
for a ki ultimate based saiyan what are the z souls worth looking out for?

When facing alot of enemies like the kill 20 missions the "Why youuuuuuu!" Z-Soul is great. The stat shift isn't what you want but the perk is that upon K.O. of an enemy it regenerates all your Ki back to max.

especially when they don't pop all the time. I did the destroyed namek one like 12 times before it actually worked, and it never took me 3 mins to beat it.

Yes, exactly! It makes figuring them out a real stroke of luck.

It would annoy me more if I was acing these battles every time. (un)Fortunately for me, I'm not.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Alright thanks guys! So nothing in attack right away? I remember my co worker kept telling me to do that.

Basic attacks eventually lose their worth with enemies with more health and are more a way if they come in close or need a little bit of Ki.
I would make another character focused around melee for PVP though like a Majin or Namekian

Basic attacks eventually lose their worth with enemies with more health and are more a way if they come in close or need a little bit of Ki.
I would make another character focused around melee for PVP though like a Majin or Namekian
I'm playing as a Majin right now, but don't know what I should really be focusing on. So far I haven't had any problems.

Moneal

for pvp melee go majin male, human, or frieza. human and frieza are faster than namek, and human hits harder at max ki. and majin males soak up damage like no one else.

Muzicfreq

Banned
for pvp melee go majin male, human, or frieza. human and frieza are faster than namek, and human hits harder at max ki. and majin males soak up damage like no one else.

Namekians are pretty good actually. They have a really long melee reach and can dodge alot of damage/use more evasive abilities along with a good amount of health. More of an evasive tank race. Requires awareness and knowledge of the skills and ways to avoid them

TheIconizer

Neo Member
For my first build I made a balanced Saiyan. I wouldn't want to delete him, but he is kind of weak at the end. How could I make a good balanced Saiyan that can hang with the toughest of them? I have my focused builds ready to be leveled up.

1) What's the best PQ to farm Dragonballs?

2) Just how good is Death Ball? I'm gonna start farming for it, but just want to make sure it's worth the effort (and monotony).

Huh, after a PQ the game minimized and two CMD prompt-style windows flashed by, as if something was being installed or run.

I take it no one else has experienced this (on PC)?

I guess I will stick with my female majin for now until I actually beat the game lol. What should I be focusing on? I think as of right now I was splitting it between 3 stats but I can't recall what they were. Im only on lvl 13 so hopefully I didn't put them in wasteful areas

Top Bottom