• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

He's the strongest ape though, he'll punch you in the face for 120k damage, supers should be 250k at sa1. All the while he's taking no damage.
It can be a problem with the special one-shot bosses like goku, but then just don't take hin with you? Otherwise ape on.

Gonna say not really worth skipping a 2 million Goku/Broly round so that ape can hit for maybe 300-400k a round.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Not taking damage is also a factor instead of just the damage it does, after a super broly takes nearly 100k damage from a super from cell, and no boss attacks just once so you're looking at, at least 150k in a single.

You can say well just kill him before that happens, but that's not guaranteed, my last run at cell I walked away with 9k hp, out of 198k.
Another run I had fasha ape out and she just tanked everything while softening up cell and then broly finished the job, 0 damage.

Cruxist

Not taking damage is also a factor instead of just the damage it does, after a super broly takes nearly 100k damage from a super from cell, and no boss attacks just once so you're looking at, at least 150k in a single.

You can say well just kill him before that happens, but that's not guaranteed, my last run at cell I walked away with 9k hp, out of 198k.
Another run I had fasha ape out and she just tanked everything while softening up cell and then broly finished the job, 0 damage.

You're making the same argument that started tearing the subreddit apart. Beating a boss quickly is what determines a units usability. Survival/utility units like Golden Frieza or AGL Whis, while good in certain situations, aren't as highly valued. It's ALL about damage and links. The prevailing feeling is, "Why block when I can just win?"

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
That would be a great argument if it wasn't actually based on RNG.
I can beat a boss quite fast if my rotation and orb distribution is perfect from the start.

I mean I literally said "it's not guaranteed", you can theorycraft all you want, but in the end if the game decides that your "broly" isn't up till the third round, you won't kill him before the third round, period. And that's the point I'm making, not discounting damage over blocking, but that your perfect theorycraft is dependant on luck.

That would be a great argument if it wasn't actually based on RNG.
I can beat a boss quite fast if my rotation and orb distribution is perfect from the start.

I mean I literally said "it's not guaranteed", you can theorycraft all you want, but in the end if the game decides that your "broly" isn't up till the third round, you won't kill him before the third round, period. And that's the point I'm making, not discounting damage over blocking, but that your perfect theorycraft is dependant on luck.

If you have 2 Brolys, or 2 Gokus, in the worst case scenario you have one in round 2 and one in round 3. So at worst you have to maybe use an usher or defensive item. But like, who cares? I have a ton at this point. In this situation, where you're not relying on a single friend unit to do all the damage, I don't get a single thing out of a great ape transformation, it just takes more time.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
"well if you just have 2 godlike rare units".

And yes it just takes more time, not a big deal for what you get in return.
Y'all acting like the ape takes over forever or deletes your hard hitters from returning after it's over.

Lagamorph

I HAVE ALL THE MEDALS I NEED FOR LR BROLY!!!!! MY FIRST LR!!!!!111111

But I only just realised I need another 38,500,000 Zeni.

Edit - Oh god I'm having such terrible luck with Friend Pulls and them not giving me statues.

And yes it just takes more time, not a big deal for what you get in return.

Once again, what I'm saying is in an optimal or near-optimal setup, you don't get anything valuable in return. In most cases all it does is extend the fight and fuck up your rotations. I'm not saying ape mode is completely worthless, I'm just saying in my Broly team, or any optimal SSJ4 setup, there's no point to it at all. That's not devaluing YOUR experience, but that's my experience. It's the reason I switched Fasha for Buu to change orbs, even though he doesn't link with anyone, because it doesn't matter at all, and all Fasha did was annoy me.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Sure you get something valuable in return, he links up with ssj4 goku nearly perfectly, going ape doesn't change that, he'll still be doing that when the ape mode is over or when he doesn't go ape at all.

Yeah I'm not talking about the character itself, just the ape mode specifically. SSj3 GT Goku is optimal on his team in spite of his ape form, not because of it.

Lagamorph

After burning through an insane amount of Friend Points I finally have LR Broly!
My Zeni and Kai medal supplies are completely exhausted mind.

Y'all still on that LR Broly, but best Broly is finally on its way.

uW1HRuP.png

https://jpn.dbz.space/news/000975

:3

Yall weren't kidding about LR Broly and the Cell event. I don't even have a good STR team. Just put SS3 GT Goku as leader, brought Puar Str for the orb changing, and grabbed LR Broly friend. Won in no more than 4 turns per phase.

Lol, well if you're nuking you don't even need broly.

My best STR characters are the SS3's - Goku GT, Goku, Vegeta. They're great but don't really do much damage even when nuking. Also have STR Arale at SA10 but she doesn't really link with anyone. It's an OK str team at best.

Cruxist

Yes! Just finished the final boss rush stage with mono-AGL. Good lord, I was nervous about SSJ3 Angel Goku. That's where I've always lost before. But I got 2 crits in a row from SSJ4 Vegeta and just destroyed the event. Now I've got 100 stones. Hoping that the Bio-Broly summons aren't terrible, but I can always wait. Still really want Phy Cooler.

How y'all doing on LR Frieza? I have 107 medals, I started a bit late due to doing some more Super Strike farming (largely fruitless, thanks 50% chance). Kinda regret not getting Tien, Vegeta and Pikkon to SA15 just to make it go a bit faster, but eh. I'll probably spend some stones to get it done before it goes to weekend only. I'm keeping him at SA10 until stage 4 comes out.

Yes! Just finished the final boss rush stage with mono-AGL. Good lord, I was nervous about SSJ3 Angel Goku. That's where I've always lost before. But I got 2 crits in a row from SSJ4 Vegeta and just destroyed the event. Now I've got 100 stones. Hoping that the Bio-Broly summons aren't terrible, but I can always wait. Still really want Phy Cooler.
Bio-Broly sounds like it'll be similar to Goku Jr. in terms of being a special farmable character.

I'm holding out for an ssr from the cell banner. Then ill be saving stones and waiting for ssj4 like everyone.

Frieza is at 40 medals. Haven't done much of him since im not interested until stage 4 comes out.

MANUELF

Banned
I havent been able to play for a few days now, ever since the update, now my game always have a download failed notice in both Wi-Fi and 3G

Nightbird

Can I please get some team building advice from the seniors over here? :/

This is my list currently:

http://imgur.com/a/rObGX

I've been pretty much using Vegito Blue since I had the app, but alongside him, my other "mains" are Super Saiyan Goku (soon to be replaced by Golden Freeza), Goku Blue, Teen Gohan, Future Trunks and Beerus.

The thing is, I don't feel like progressing goes along as smoothly as it did before, but I have no idea how to build a team. Up until now I just went with my most powerful character from each color, but I don't think it's gonna work out anymore is it?

Thats why I need help. What do I need to consider when building a team, and do I have good cards that I have accidentally ignored?

idonteven

leader:vegito blue
agl ssb goku
agl ssb vegeta
agl whis
str rage trunks
str beerus
friend:vegito blue

try to dokkan all of those that can dokkan

Just spent 50 stones on this damned banner and got shit for it. Never again.

Welcome to the club of squandered dollars lol. Remember this moment the next time you wanna spend money on this game. And if you're still getting the tingling to buy stones, just remember you could buy a game that will keep you engaged for a longer period of time.

edit: If you don't want a game you could buy alcohol :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Welcome to the club of squandered dollars lol. Remember this moment the next time you wanna spend money on this game. And if you're still getting the tingling to buy stones, just remember you could buy a game that will keep you engaged for a longer period of time.

edit: If you don't want a game you could buy alcohol :p

That's dangerous, alcohol can lead to more pulls

I wish I could choose who to give the ki to, resetting the app 15 times just so the character I need to get it is annoying...

it literally gives it to my tank, or my character that already has full ki due to leader/friend skill and links...

Meneses

I wish I could choose who to give the ki to, resetting the app 15 times just so the character I need to get it is annoying...

it literally gives it to my tank, or my character that already has full ki due to leader/friend skill and links...

I never do that. I just shrug and carry on. Doesn't really make much of a difference and it's not worth the hassle of reloading the game.

Top Bottom