• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Im f2p....but just thinking, there is a less than 5€ bundle that would net me 50 stones. Would this be enough to get that Blue Super Dragon Stone to chose betweend Godtenks, Buuhan etc. ? I doubt it but just wanted to ask.

And from the God Dragon Stone batch...does any of the units have farmable SA fodder ? This might influence my decision.

Full Power Frieza looks really good for my Extreme team, Broly would be nice for a STR team since i dont have a better STR lead, already have SSJ3 AGL Goku and not interested in Cell, even though i need a TEQ leader too....and Ultimate Gohan ? Well looks good too but he is probably worse than Frieza/Broly.

If i decide now i could farm the medals today.
I played a bit more so I could do two more draws from the Goku banner and ended up with this:

I guess I should be focusing on leveling up my STR characters?

Also, is the XP pool equally shared - that is, if you bring fewer characters to a fight, do they get more XP?

I'm also out of room... can I safely feed away the Rs? Do they have any use?

Oh yeah, what do I do with that dupe SSJ4 Goku...

Oh man you did really well - wow. Best STR Lead and with SV a kick ass AGL lead and one of the most useful units in the game. You wanna use the dupe SSJ4 Goku to unlock his potential making him even more OP lol (but you have to ask again on which Node to unlock, because im not sure if it was the bottom right. Def. focus on Mono STR first and on AGL after that.

Also post your ID once your ready.... !!

So I have 4 elder kai's and i'm not sure if I should save them or spend them.
https://dbz.space/box/Khansolo97

No reason to save, put everything you have into SSJ4 Goku....before he is done you shouldnt even think of boosting other units with Elder Kais lol.

Really just depends on what team you like more. VB actually ends up aging better as a stand alone card (especially with dupes), but Rose is a team player and monster, amazingly useful for certain teams.

I have Rose at SA 10 and he is more than worth it, but so is VB.

It's Super Vegito, not Vegito Blue :p
But yeah, Ive been considering this since I have Merged Zamasu at SA10 and Black at SA10 too.

brb gonna go kms.

Split them in half and share them evenly. Nah I'd say listen to what others said and go for Rosé. If you have 50 spare stones don't forget there is an Elder Kai banner unless you pulled it for those 10 already :p.

I havent pulled there yet. I think I will in the end.

ok can someone build me a boss rush part 2 team? I suck at team building apparently.

my box of stuffs
There are a few teams to try but I feel like a Villains team works well because of Buuhan's healing.

Rosé
Buuhan (healer)
Shenron (Damage reduction)
FP Freeza (Hard hitter)
STR Cell (Hard hitter and has an AOE on 11ki)
And the last unit is your choice but you have:
Agl Golden Freeza (Tanking)
Kid buu (healing but is a bad unit)
Majin Buu (Healing when you have less than 40% health)
Turles (Ki and attack support but it's doesn't seem necessary but at least he can stun)
I would say teq kid buu but he needs to dokkan before he's useful.
Take a rose friend and it will still be hard but manageable.

If you want to take a hero's team try
Vegito Blue
Super Vegito (Tanking)
Gogeta (Hits hard to all units)
SSJ3 gotenks (Hard hitter)
Phy SSJ Bardock (Super sealing is important for the Vegitos)
And I say take Whis (Free senzu per fight which is really useful for the gauntlet and can stun).

I don't know how well these teams can work but this could help you. Good luck, last time I tried boss rush I got to Merged Zamasu before I died. Gotta try it again with either a Neo-STR or Neo-AGL.

cw_sasuke

Just realized that i never did the Hero Extermination stages...thats alot of stones :eek:

Maybe i can pull once more on the Vegeta banner. Might need to look into Boss Rush Mode as well...maybe i can beat the earlier stages now.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Just realized that i never did the Hero Extermination stages...thats alot of stones :eek:

Maybe i can pull once more on the Vegeta banner. Might need to look into Boss Rush Mode as well...maybe i can beat the earlier stages now.

Finally finished that a few hours ago, and knocked all the main quest Super Stage difficulty too. And I'm at 50 stone once more.

They have to be stingy, they want to get as many stone sales as possible. I'm still waiting for ticket compensation...

Me when Ticket Comp turns out to be another disappointment.

Angel_No_Chill.gif

btw don't forget to do 1 medal stage today, you get 2 elder kai medals! yesterday was 2 supreme kai medals in case you missed it, but I think these missions are every weekend.

In other news I caved and did another round of pulls on the Vegeta banner and pulled Rose... twice!! Stil no SSJ4 but I wanted Rose more than Vegeta anyway so I'm super happy.

linkent

Im f2p....but just thinking, there is a less than 5€ bundle that would net me 50 stones. Would this be enough to get that Blue Super Dragon Stone to chose betweend Godtenks, Buuhan etc. ? I doubt it but just wanted to ask.
only the 77stones purchase get the blue stones. that is 55usd? cant remember the exact price.
And from the God Dragon Stone batch...does any of the units have farmable SA fodder ? This might influence my decision.

Full Power Frieza looks really good for my Extreme team, Broly would be nice for a STR team since i dont have a better STR lead, already have SSJ3 AGL Goku and not interested in Cell, even though i need a TEQ leader too....and Ultimate Gohan ? Well looks good too but he is probably worse than Frieza/Broly.
None of those have farmables SA.
can find the guide here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mxk_F4LSEaPUOAUYTSKdp6a0CrttVNHJsCkhzjrYD5Y/edit
IMO, only FP Frieza and SSJ3Goku worth looking.
since you have 1, go for the other. FP Frieza is great for Black/Villain team.

STR Broly just doesnt do much anymore unless you really need AOE.

Meneses

Remember when I said I was done pulling and wasn't gonna spend any more money?

Well I was stupid and bought the 150 stone pack to do a full 3+1 pull on Vegeta knowing that I shouldn't.

Got SS4 Vegeta.

Plus 3 Baby Vegetas and 1 Vegito Blue dupe to go along with a Rose dupe I got before.

It was still dumb, don't spend more than you should, kids.

cw_sasuke

Pulled again...dupe Baby 2 and Rose. Of course i pulle dupe Rose after i have already Dokanned him..yikes. Any way to to use the dupe to unlock Nodes without the need to max level/farm medals again ?

PS. I havent used those Green stones you fin in Story Quest missions yet...i can buy Elder Kais for like 150/200 at Babas shop...any reason not to get them or should i save them for something else ?
Finally finished that a few hours ago, and knocked all the main quest Super Stage difficulty too. And I'm at 50 stone once more.

Nice, good luck on your Multi if you are still pulling.

only the 77stones purchase get the blue stones. that is 55usd? cant remember the exact price.

None of those have farmables SA.
can find the guide here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mxk_F4LSEaPUOAUYTSKdp6a0CrttVNHJsCkhzjrYD5Y/edit
IMO, only FP Frieza and SSJ3Goku worth looking.
since you have 1, go for the other. FP Frieza is great for Black/Villain team.

STR Broly just doesnt do much anymore unless you really need AOE.

Hah, makes sense...otherwise everyone would jump on it for for those units alone.

Alright then, thanks i chose Full Power Frieza - he will be more useful on my Villian team now that i have Rose..

Kyou

Pulled again...dupe Baby 2 and Rose. Of course i pulle dupe Rose after i have already Dokanned him..yikes. Any way to to use the dupe to unlock Nodes without the need to max level/farm medals again ?
You can use reverse medals to undokkan them. Click Whis on the team screen. They can be turned back into the dokkaned version free of charge.

Fox1304

Two more dokkans today. FP frieza and Paramount Sayian SSGSS Goku.
For the goku event I started With mono TEQ but in the end the best team was mono AGL with Majin Vegeta Friend. He hits for 1.2M with the extreme to super bonus.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I just realized I really gotta get my goku dokanned and SA10, just so I can start raking in the friend points!

Bought the 77 stones one to get my ssj4 goku and vegeta to sa10 lol. Also used the blue stone to get me buuhan and now i have to farm his stage to get him to sa10.

Sec0nd

Nooooooo. Lost it on the last stage of Super 3 Boss Rush. That shit took forever. Think I'll go waste my time for another run. Any suggestions for team changes?

My team:
Rose
AGL Golden Freeza
Janemba
Black
Buuhan
Omega
Merged Zamasu Friend

Fox1304

I still can't beat the VB event regularly. Tried an extreme team with two rosé, a black and a Zamasu Ith a stunner Turles , FP Frieza and Dokkaned Janemba, fell short in the last fight ...

Nooooooo. Lost it on the last stage of Super 3 Boss Rush. That shit took forever. Think I'll go waste my time for another run. Any suggestions for team changes?

My team:
Rose
AGL Golden Freeza
Janemba
Black
Buuhan
Omega
Merged Zamasu Friend

This is good tbh. Just make sure you look at your friend's stats to make sure they have dupe paths opened - that'll make the biggest difference in your run.

Remember when I said I was done pulling and wasn't gonna spend any more money?

Well I was stupid and bought the 150 stone pack to do a full 3+1 pull on Vegeta knowing that I shouldn't.

Got SS4 Vegeta.

Plus 3 Baby Vegetas and 1 Vegito Blue dupe to go along with a Rose dupe I got before.

It was still dumb, don't spend more than you should, kids.

At least you got SSJ4 I got jackshit :(

I blame not pulling MV or SSJ4 Vegeta for me doing this

cw_sasuke

You can use reverse medals to undokkan them. Click Whis on the team screen. They can be turned back into the dokkaned version free of charge.

Nice, i just bought two of them....process is much smoother than i expected.

I have on Rose dupe and will max SA him...so i should unlock the bottom right node first iirc. Also have a Baby 2 dupe but wont max SA him...so upper left node ?

Would be cool if someone could confirm it before i mess it up lol.

I have no idea how you're losing with that team tbh, they should tear it up.

Gohan is dead, long live Gohan. No Elder Kais were harmed.

Nice....congrats !!
Where did you get the Gohans to feed ? Or did you saved them up for the small chance of pulling the LR version ?

Meneses

Nice, i just bought two of them....process is much smoother than i expected.

I have on Rose dupe and will max SA him...so i should unlock the bottom right node first iirc. Also have a Baby 2 dupe but wont max SA him...so upper left node ?

Would be cool if someone could confirm it before i mess it up lol.

Yeah, that's generally the way to go.

I got the Gohan from the summon tickets! (Now I only need AGL/TEQ Great Saiyamans to have a team full of Gohans). Not sure if I want to spend on more stones trying to get Videl only to end up with Pan or something ;_;

cw_sasuke

Yeah, that's generally the way to go.

Perfect thanks !!

And i also didnt need to buy any of them...seems like i have more than enough from Login Boni etc. lol.

Edit:

Nope, thats just the numbers of units i can reverse...heh.

Nice....congrats !!
Where did you get the Gohans to feed ? Or did you saved them up for the small chance of pulling the LR version ?

There are exactly 9 STR SSJ Gohans in the Baba shop right now. 4 for 100 gems a pop, and 5 for 7 anniversary coins each. I farmed all 4 gem ones, used 3 ones of coins, got lucky with the 50% on a PHY SSJ Gohan, and sacrificed this old junker. Those STR cards are great because they take fewer medals than normal to Z-awaken. No kai medals.

I got the Gohan from the summon tickets! (Now I only need AGL/TEQ Great Saiyamans to have a team full of Gohans). Not sure if I want to spend on more stones trying to get Videl only to end up with Pan or something ;_;

you just pulled the best card in the game, quit while you're ahead. That Videl card is not that great.

I now have 100% SV, Gogeta and P Cell. Pretty happy overall.

Still hopeing to pull SSJ4 Goku but thats on the backburner for now. Gotta awaken all the units I got and feed dupes to TURs that I have already.

Shouta

I need to farm up like 100 stones so I can do another pull to try for SS4 Vegeta or Goku and to do the Elder Kai summon, oof.

Did they just remove the "Press Start" from the loading screen this update? It'd be pretty funny if it took them 2 years to realize there is no start button lol.

I spent 40 tickets trynna get gohan..... and now I'm 3 tickets away from pulling again lol....

There's only like 5 units in that banner then the Kai and the hercule statue lol wtf man

cw_sasuke

If i have the choice between Combo Attack or Critcial atk with Rose....which one should i chose ? I remember going with Crit. for Gogeta but dont know if its preferred on every unit.

There are exactly 9 STR SSJ Gohans in the Baba shop right now. 4 for 100 gems a pop, and 5 for 7 anniversary coins each. I farmed all 4 gem ones, used 3 ones of coins, got lucky with the 50% on a PHY SSJ Gohan, and sacrificed this old junker. Those STR cards are great because they take fewer medals than normal to Z-awaken. No kai medals.

Okay thats nice - shows how rare/valuable those Kais are. I just used 10 i had on Rose...if i know somehow pull SSJ4 Vegeta i would cry lol....of joy but also because i used the Elder Kais already.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, SS4 Vegeta is a pretty awesome tank. Basically takes <100 damage from normal attacks, and then can counter supers. Pretty awesome.

Wow the gogeta event is sooo quick with two rose and a good evil team. Rosé does like 1.2m without forcing.

That event is so quick with 2 SVs and a team of randoms lol. But yeah it's great that the meta makes previous events ezpz but it sucks because if you don't have the new meta new events became nigh impossible.

If i have the choice between Combo Attack or Critcial atk with Rose....which one should i chose ? I remember going with Crit. for Gogeta but dont know if its preferred on every unit.

Get crit, it's preferable on 99% of units.

Some redditor wrote a guide for newbies that may be of use to some people here, or not, idk https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...agon_ball_z_dokkan_battle_full_indepth_guide/

Also someone got 130 (!!!) battlefield medals and no LR Gohan. Assuming 1 ticket per 3 multis (and that's generous), that's 390 multis, or 1950 stones. That's bare minimum. Ouch.

you just pulled the best card in the game, quit while you're ahead. That Videl card is not that great.
Really?! You're telling me I got the best on my first try?! That's the luckiest I've gotten in a gacha game :eek:
tumblr_m1bn76fMfr1qiqegzo1_r1_500.gif

Thanks for making me feel better
You clearly haven't looked at his avatar.
Also true haha

RedSnake

Used 500 stones got SV, SS3 GT Goku TEQ Vegeo dupe, 2 VB dupes and SS4 Vegeta.
Pretty happy over all but Would like to pull SS4 Goku, Rosé and, ofcourse, Gohan.

As a f2p player I'm tempted o buy some stones. But there're sill some days lef and I got A LOT of free stones to farm sill.

Plus I gotta Dokkan all of hat plus A LO more.

Really?! You're telling me I got the best on my first try?! That's the luckiest I've gotten in a gacha game :eek:

Thanks for making me feel better

Also true haha

Yeh he becomes a LR and is super mega powerful it's almost unfair how powerful he is.

Okay thats nice - shows how rare/valuable those Kais are. I just used 10 i had on Rose...if i know somehow pull SSJ4 Vegeta i would cry lol....of joy but also because i used the Elder Kais already.

I'm rather sure if they have good buffs/debuffs when they attack a target you want Additional Attack because it stacks. Like OS with the enemy defence debuff and Buuhan with greatly raising your attack while greatly reducing enemies attack and defence. I might be wrong though, but I think that's what the recommendation was.

Edit: Fuck this games Ki RNG honestly. I reboot the app 10 times to try and get at least 2 ki to fucking LR Goku, no luck. I give up and start going to other ki spots. 10 fucking ki to baby vegeta. WHAT. THE. HELLLLLLLLL

edit2: lol lost to LR frieza because he damage me by 500 more damage than I had health...Whis just loves being a useless fucker. So much salttttttttt

MANUELF

Banned
I have been farming the story mode for gems and I have over 30 right now, would have enough for a multi but I was doing singles, now Im waiting for a multi

Arrrammis

I have been farming the story mode for gems and I have over 30 right now, would have enough for a multi but I was doing singles, now Im waiting for a multi

Yeah, with the buy 3 get one free on multis right now, there's really no reason to single summon IMO.

Kyou

got SSJ4 Vegeta awakened so I moved over to do the Goku event for stones and just completely ripped shit through him. Should be easy times getting my SSJ3 Goku awakened

Top Bottom