• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

I can't beat the SSJ4 Goku stage because I have virtually nothing in the way of Agl characters. If I go in with my mono-Str team, SSJ3 Goku curb stomps me.

Feels bad, man.

Also, Human Trashcan, what's your friend code?

I can't beat the SSJ4 Goku stage because I have virtually nothing in the way of Agl characters. If I go in with my mono-Str team, SSJ3 Goku curb stomps me.

Feels bad, man.

Also, Human Trashcan, what's your friend code?

Always got a spot for gaffers, just let me know if you wanna add me and your name in-game is different. I will most often be running Broly, VB, Rose, or LR Gohan as leader

PS. One question though...why doesnt AGL Frieza def passive work against SSJ4 Vegeta ? He hits him hard even at full HP lol.

Sorry this is late but I can answer this.
You likely used a Senzu or something right? So the thing with AGL Frieza (and idk I guess this is a bug or poor wording) is his passive only seems to work if he starts the turn with >= 50% hp. So you need to plan a turn ahead. Say you start the GF turn with 99k / 200k hp, then use a senzu to get 200k / 200k hp, your passive will NOT proc because you started the turn with < 50% hp.

It's really tough with SS4 Vegeta because you gotta do some major blocking or use a ghost usher the turn before to be at > 50% at all times. He hits like a truck and supers almost every turn unless you seal him.

Man I got lucky this weekend. I felt defeated on Friday when the banners went live.

Bought 150 more stones. Got VB, SSJ4 Vegeta and Goku. I literally got every single card I wanted.
My teams are absolutely stacked right now.

Who should I prioritize on SA10? I have a good amount of Elder Kais.

VB?

Just dokkaned my STR GT SSJ Trunks and STR GT SSJ3 Goku, now I'm waiting on the SSJ3 Gotenks event to come back so I can dokkan my STR SSJ Gotenks.

idonteven

Man I got lucky this weekend. I felt defeated on Friday when the banners went live.

Bought 150 more stones. Got VB, SSJ4 Vegeta and Goku. I literally got every single card I wanted.
My teams are absolutely stacked right now.

Who should I prioritize on SA10? I have a good amount of Elder Kais.

VB?

goku

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
"Oh cool, I've got Rose and Vegito Blue, this changes things!"

...I still end up having to switch to mono AGL to beat SS4 Vegeta.

"Oh cool, I've got Rose and Vegito Blue, this changes things!"

...I still end up having to switch to mono AGL to beat SS4 Vegeta.

Yup did the same here lol. I'm able to beat it with my Vegito Blue team but I tend to end up using Yama and Whis items. While with my SSJ4 Vegeta team, I just load up on healing items and cruise through the fight.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
qI2hm21.png

it's not a dokkan fest

denebj

Neo Member
For those that struggle with SSJ4 Vegeta.

You can use the combo Whis + Pikkon to reduce the damages to a double digit :)

SSJ3 Gotenk
Bardok
LR Goku
Whis
Pikkon
-- Filler - GF / Trunk / Cell / Buff Buu / Beerus ...

Why rotation :
Bardok / LR Goku / SSJ3 Gotenk
Whis / Pikkon / Filler

Easy peasy, I use like 1-2 sensu and that's it.

Durden77

Got like 41 stones now. Can't decide if I should pull again on the Vegeta banner looking for SSJ4 or Rose dupes, or hold out for Super 17. Super 17 is so far.

My AGL team straight up owns now though.

LR Majin Vegeta
SSJ4 Vegeta
Super Vegito
SSJR Black
LR Androids
Last slot I switch up, but for now it's AGL SSB Vegeta.

Feel like I kind of have an answer to everything. Really solid and tanky, but also great damage.

MiTYH

Got like 41 stones now. Can't decide if I should pull again on the Vegeta banner looking for SSJ4 or Rose dupes, or hold out for Super 17. Super 17 is so far.

My AGL team straight up owns now though.

LR Majin Vegeta
SSJ4 Vegeta
Super Vegito
SSJR Black
LR Androids
Last slot I switch up, but for now it's AGL SSB Vegeta.

Feel like I kind of have an answer to everything. Really solid and tanky, but also great damage.

I'd wait. I'm in a similar boat, I got Vegeta, but need Rose and VB. But I'm waiting. Rates aren't anything stellar, I'd rather pull on a 1% at least banner to try for them again. Or an SR-minimum one. If you've got a SSJ4, I say time to stop

Cruxist

Good lord.

I have SSJ4 Vegeta in Japan and play a pretty defensive team there, subbing in Whis and Golden Frieza when needed. I thought I was quickly clearing events while having that survivability.

But Global gifted me with SSJ4 Goku, and 2 dupes for Gogeta. This team wins in one, maybe 2 supers on the final boss rush. I really really really want SSJ3 Goku GT now to up that link power even further. The damage output is so ridiculous. Even Rose was no match for my team once I got the rotation going. STR is so good it's ridiculous.

Xanru

You likely used a Senzu or something right? So the thing with AGL Frieza (and idk I guess this is a bug or poor wording) is his passive only seems to work if he starts the turn with >= 50% hp. So you need to plan a turn ahead. Say you start the GF turn with 99k / 200k hp, then use a senzu to get 200k / 200k hp, your passive will NOT proc because you started the turn with < 50% hp.

It's really tough with SS4 Vegeta because you gotta do some major blocking or use a ghost usher the turn before to be at > 50% at all times. He hits like a truck and supers almost every turn unless you seal him.

It's neither a bug nor poor wording, simply how the rules of the game work. It checks at the beginning of each turn to see if you satisfy the passive conditions and sets the passive on or off for that turn.

Noooo!!! Just woke up and the gogeta event is over.

It's on rotation, don't worry about it. All dokkan events and strikes rotate daily based on type, monday is AGI, I think STR is thursday or friday, and saturday is Extreme (villain) events and sunday Super. Or the other way around. Anyway, just hang tight and it'll be back in a few days.

It's neither a bug nor poor wording, simply how the rules of the game work. It checks at the beginning of each turn to see if you satisfy the passive conditions and sets the passive on or off for that turn.

It's both poor wording and just how the game works. The rule applies to all passives but it doesn't explicitly say that anywhere, it just says "when over 50% HP". Especially confusing since some passives do state "at start of turn". It's a bugbear of mine too and I've seen plenty of others be confused about it so it's fair to say the game doesn't really make it clear how it works.

Cruxist

So I have 10 of the second anniversary coins and I'm not sure what to spend them on

If you have any Super Saiyan Goku's, you can raise his SA with one of the purchasable Gokus. Same goes for Gohan. Other than that, use it for whatever you need. I tend to go for the reverse medals or training items.

Durden77

I'd wait. I'm in a similar boat, I got Vegeta, but need Rose and VB. But I'm waiting. Rates aren't anything stellar, I'd rather pull on a 1% at least banner to try for them again. Or an SR-minimum one. If you've got a SSJ4, I say time to stop

You're probably right, the only real thing tempting me at this point is the possibility of a free multi if I decide to buy some stones, but I really shouldn't. And those legendary summon tickets.

Another thing though is that I still haven't used my discount pulls on the Goku banner. Put all my stones into the Vegeta one, don't see much of a need because I'm pretty much only interested in AGL/Extreme now, but I feel like I should pull just because it's discounted.

Khansolo1

I know with my first 10 coins I bought the PHY SSGSS Goku, so should I just buy him again?
Also if I do buy him, should I focus on getting up his SA or for doing his hidden potential?

MiTYH

You're probably right, the only real thing tempting me at this point is the possibility of a free multi if I decide to buy some stones, but I really shouldn't. And those legendary summon tickets.

Another thing though is that I still haven't used my discount pulls on the Goku banner. Put all my stones into the Vegeta one, don't see much of a need because I'm pretty much only interested in AGL/Extreme now, but I feel like I should pull just because it's discounted.

I'd throw 25 into a goku banner, no reason not to given the great cards there, even if some are dupes

So I have 10 of the second anniversary coins and I'm not sure what to spend them on
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/6ls73w/usage_of_the_2nd_anniversary_coin_units/

Durden77

I know with my first 10 coins I bought the PHY SSGSS Goku, so should I just buy him again?
Also if I do buy him, should I focus on getting up his SA or for doing his hidden potential?

Do you have either AGL SSB Gokus? If you do you should probably just use them to increase the super attack of those, which are very good cards. If not, then I would up his SA. He may not be worth the orbs in the potential system.

But honestly I would buy them and just hold on to them incase you get a AGL SSB Goku. I upped the SA of the PHY one when they came around, and I regretted doing that once I pulled AGL SSB Goku.

Need some help from you team builders. I'm about to Dokkan my SS4 Vegeta and I'm ready to try the final stage of Boss Rush again on Super3. Best I have is an AGL team. Here are my goodens:

SSJ4 Vegeta; SA10
Super Vegito; SA10; Bot-Right Potential unlocked
Golden Frieza; SA1 (Undokkaned, need 1 more medal :p)
Rose; SA7
SSBKK Goku; SA10
SSG Goku; SA10
Whis; SA8
Ultimate Gohan; SA1
Kid Buu; SA1
Murasaki

Advice?

Cruxist

Need some help from you team builders. I'm about to Dokkan my SS4 Vegeta and I'm ready to try the final stage of Boss Rush again on Super3. Best I have is an AGL team. Here are my goodens:

SSJ4 Vegeta; SA10
Super Vegito; SA10; Bot-Right Potential unlocked
Golden Frieza; SA1 (Undokkaned, need 1 more medal :p)
Rose; SA7
SSBKK Goku; SA10
SSG Goku; SA10
Whis; SA8
Ultimate Gohan; SA1
Kid Buu; SA1
Murasaki

Advice?

SSJ4 Vegeta
Super Vegito
SSBKK Goku
SSG Goku
Whis
Golden Frieza

That'll give you the DPS and blocking power to take on the event. You'll need to watch placement, and it'll take you a little longer than a STR team, but this is very doable and the defenses should give you time to make a mistake or 2. Don't forget to utilize Whis' healing, he can proc on every new battle.

But honestly I would buy them and just hold on to them incase you get a AGL SSB Goku.

This is exactly what I did. I had 5 from the xmas event clogging up my box for months but it was worth it, pulled SSBKK on the ticket banner and got him to 6 immediately. He will be SA10 by the time this anniversary is over, without any kais. If you didn't pull LR Gohan I'd just buy the elder kai and all the SSB Gokus with the anniversary coins. All the other units you can buy have free farmable versions from strikes or other events, and the cards themselves are crap and basically only good as SA fodder.

SSJ4 Vegeta
Super Vegito
SSBKK Goku
SSG Goku
Whis
Golden Frieza

That'll give you the DPS and blocking power to take on the event. You'll need to watch placement, and it'll take you a little longer than a STR team, but this is very doable and the defenses should give you time to make a mistake or 2. Don't forget to utilize Whis' healing, he can proc on every new battle.

You answered the question rolling in my mind - drop Rose from the team for Whis. Rose is amazing but with SS4 Vegeta lead, I think that spot is better with someone else.

Kyou

SSJ4 Vegeta
Super Vegito
SSBKK Goku
SSG Goku
Whis
Golden Frieza

I did it last night with a similar team with much worse SA and had virtually no problems outside of merged zamasu who can kill the shit out of you.

I did it last night with a similar team with much worse SA and had virtually no problems outside of merged zamasu who can kill the shit out of you.

I tried it this weekend with an Extreme team (Rose lead) and got the shit killed out of me by Merged Zamasu. Granted I was completely out of items and started the battle with 1/4 health soooo....
Wanted to change it up :D

Kyou

I tried it this weekend with an Extreme team (Rose lead) and got the shit killed out of me by Merged Zamasu. Granted I was completely out of items and started the battle with 1/4 health soooo....
Wanted to change it up :D
I brought a senzu bean, ghost, baba and pilaf. Had only used one Senzu before Zamasu and then kept him at bay with everything until he was dead.

Trunks is a victory lap after him.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I started the game last December during the Christmas banner with Gogeta,SV, Godtenks etc. - earlier today i saw some old acc login data from a account i saved.

So i login for fun to see what was on it....Gogeta/Godtenks ...so yeah pretty standard since everyone was rerolling for +2 of them Gods during this event. Just from logging got like 80 orbs though....so yeah lets go ahead and try the current banner for fun.

First Multi on Goku banner drops SSJ4 Goku....-.-
I switch to Vegeta banner for fun...first multi there, nothing. 2nd multi SSJ4 Vegeta :-/
Maaan...the game is pretty much forcing me now to keep this as my Alt Acc now. If i manage to pull VB here ill switch over for real lol. RNG can be cruel

Hah, thanks yeah thats exactly what it was. It makes sense since those passive would just be too OP if you could heal and take every hit like its nothing. I switch AGL Frieza for the TEQ version...so even if it doesnt work because of low HP at the beginning of the round the SSJ4 Vegeta damage will be lower so thats something.
gratz on both for TEG GFrieza.
his AGI Version is my favorite card in this game.
this TEQ Version is even better as he does lots of damage on top of that defense.

be reminded that his SA is "semi" farmables.
even tho it is a slow process, it definitely worth to do his event few times for many drop of his medals. (especially love 3rd transformation stage)

just keep any of the SR Frieza you get from pulls, many elements so you can diversify the type of medals used.
or you can just use all INT medals on Mecha Frieza.

so definitely open path instead of SA up.

Thanks for the heads up - used him a bit and he is as great as you say. I can already see him being essential on every team he fits in - that passive is great and ill slowly improve his SA.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My last few attempts at Boss rush I have been having a real tough time with the first fight for some reason. It's like SSB Goku got stealth buffed of something. I don't remember that fight ever giving me any trouble.

Maddness

said fuck it. Did one last multi just to see what I could get.

Got a dupe Rose, SSJ4 Vegeta, and TEQ Vegito Dupe.

Sweet Sauce! So now I have Goku and Vegeta SSJ4. Perfecto

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
said fuck it. Did one last multi just to see what I could get.

Got a dupe Rose, SSJ4 Vegeta, and TEQ Vegito Dupe.

Sweet Sauce! So now I have Goku and Vegeta SSJ4. Perfecto

All 3 in one pull ? Holy Sh....congrats !!

Xanru

It's both poor wording and just how the game works. The rule applies to all passives but it doesn't explicitly say that anywhere, it just says "when over 50% HP". Especially confusing since some passives do state "at start of turn". It's a bugbear of mine too and I've seen plenty of others be confused about it so it's fair to say the game doesn't really make it clear how it works.

You have to remember, that all passives that pop or have an effect during that turn also show up during the "activate passive" phase at the start of the turn(on SA effects don't show here, they show where the passives do when they attack).

How great is SSJ4 Vegeta's defense without the shadow dragon link? How much would an SA 10 SV do? 1 bar, less? I feel like it'd be easier to just do Z-Hard for the 35 medals I need.

The two teams I was debating between were:
Godtenks
TEQ GF
TEQ P. Cell
Nouva Shenron
TEQ SSJ Bardock
OS
Friend: LR Broly since he's a great tank unless he supers. Or just Godtenks.

or

SV
AGL GF
SSBKK
AGL SSJ3
Whis
TEQ SSJ Bardock(I ain't got no AGL super sealer)
Friend: SSJ4 Vegeta

I'm leaning more to the TEQ since it'll be more helpful during Vegeta TEQ phase than my AGL team, and it'd help more during his AGL phase too. Just need to know if the damage reduction is a big hinder or not.

How great is SSJ4 Vegeta's defense without the shadow dragon link? How much would an SA 10 SV do? 1 bar, less? I feel like it'd be easier to just do Z-Hard for the 35 medals I need.

The two teams I was debating between were:
Godtenks
TEQ GF
TEQ P. Cell
Nouva Shenron
TEQ SSJ Bardock
OS
Friend: LR Broly since he's a great tank unless he supers. Or just Godtenks.

or

SV
AGL GF
SSBKK
AGL SSJ3
Whis
TEQ SSJ Bardock(I ain't got no AGL super sealer)
Friend: SSJ4 Vegeta

I'm leaning more to the TEQ since it'll be more helpful during Vegeta TEQ phase than my AGL team, and it'd help more during his AGL phase too. Just need to know if the damage reduction is a big hinder or not.

What other AGL units you have? That AGL team's not bad tbh, but I'd replace TEQ SSJ Bardock and just bring sealing items for SV. He'll be countering like crazy. SSJ4 Vegeta loooooooves to attack 4x against 1 of yours.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Shadow dragons damage is 3.33x

So with 80% from leads, 2 dupes omega would crit for ~2.3m damage.
without crit he'd hit for 485k.
So without shadow dragons he'd hit for 145k

RIP.

What other AGL units you have? That AGL team's not bad tbh, but I'd replace TEQ SSJ Bardock and just bring sealing items for SV. He'll be countering like crazy. SSJ4 Vegeta loooooooves to attack 4x against 1 of yours.

I just realized I do have pretty good sealers. Murasaki & Oceanus Shenron. And I might switch someone our for my LR because they're at 100% SA20 so they probably hit pretty hard lol.

Other AGL Units

Top Bottom