• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Tamanon

Banned
Decided to swap my main and alt account(one on my phone, one on my ipad), since getting Vegito Blue, Rose, and SS4 Vegeta on the "alt".

Realizing I am so far behind on dokkaning things. Will knock out Janemba, Goku Black, and at least one Golden Frieza today. Gotta strengthen the team to do the later events!

Gogeta, PhyTenks, and AGI SSB Goku tomorrow.

idonteven

Broly stop it

DEO94HlXcAAi55-.jpg:large

Khansolo1

It might help if you said what you need help with

actually i got u: SSj4 goku leader, literally all your other STR SSRs in the team. Boom, done, that's your team
I need help setting up my team, and even though I followed your advice, my team still doesn't do much damage in the dokkan events. And I keep dying

OMG the Videl I wanted is finally in! (And I can't use stones to get her >>). How do I obtain a Legendary Summon Ticket?!

And just to confirm, if I have dupes I should just use train to level up the Super ATK Lv, right?

I need help setting up my team, and even though I followed your advice, my team still doesn't do much damage in the dokkan events. And I keep dying

Are your units at the very least Z-awakened? What events are you trying to run? If you're running into dokkan events with a fresh account and not a single Dokkaned unit and you don't know how to team build, you're gonna have a bad time. I recommend you avail yourself of the many useful noob tips in both this thread's OP and also the subreddit and the wiki

Durden77

Ok so the SSJ4 Vegeta fight got way more manageable when I just started using my Mono AGL team instead of a shadow dragons team lol.

Khansolo1

Are your units at the very least Z-awakened? What events are you trying to run? If you're running into dokkan events with a fresh account and not a single Dokkaned unit and you don't know how to team build, you're gonna have a bad time. I recommend you avail yourself of the many useful noob tips in both this thread's OP and also the subreddit and the wiki
They are all UR awakened, with some hidden potential enhancements. But to be honest I don't know how to team build

Has anyone done SSJ4 with a Mono-TEQ? It seems like the way to go since I got Godtenks, GF and some other good TEQ units, but I want to just make sure before investing time and STA into death.

Shouta

I bought some of the smaller stone deals and got enough to do two multi-pulls and 19 from a third. Got some SSRs that

Got another Gogeta dupe so I'll be powering him up even more. SSR AGL 18, a TEQ SSR SSB Vegeta. Still got two more pulls to get Goku.

However, my LR tickets got my Day of Destiny Gohan! My first LR! =o

They are all UR awakened, with some hidden potential enhancements. But to be honest I don't know how to team build

90% of the game is leader skills. Pick a mono leader (like SSj4 Goku who boosts all Super STR units tremendously), fill your team with super STR units, and pick a friend SSJ4 goku because you benefit from his leader skill as well. In this case, SSJ4 goku is so strong that 2 of them can carry your entire team through most of the game. The second thing to consider is Link skills. For example the GT Link skill gives characters next to eachother 2 ki, helping you get supers off easier. SSJ3 GT Goku, which you have, is a notable unit for linking extremely well with SSJ4 Goku when dokkaned, giving him something like 90% bonus attack as well as a bunch of Ki.

Also familiarize yourself with how rotations work, it's extremely important https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/positionstrategy

I bought some of the smaller stone deals and got enough to do two multi-pulls and 19 from a third. Got some SSRs that

Got another Gogeta dupe so I'll be powering him up even more. SSR AGL 18, a TEQ SSR SSB Vegeta. Still got two more pulls to get Goku.

literally everyone here got a LR(Broly, MV, or Gohan) or got a SSJ4 and I'm sitting here with a VB and 3 dupes of him.

sodium chloride aside I'm going to do

Godtenks
TEQ GF
OS
Nouva
TEQ SSJ Bardock
TEQ P.Cell
Friend: OS or LR Broly because he still wreaks face apparently.

idonteven

literally everyone here got a LR(Broly, MV, or Gohan) or got a SSJ4 and I'm sitting here with a VB and 3 dupes of him.

Godtenks
TEQ GF
OS
Nouva
TEQ SSJ Bardock
TEQ P.Cell

broly will never be able to get full ki

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
lol Sayajins and their similar looks, the unit i pulled earlier wasnt a dupe.

I pulled:

A God Evolved
Super Saiyan God SS Goku

but thought it was

Necessary Evolution
Super Saiyan God SS Goku

So yeah looked him up - he seems to be a Top Tier AGL unit, pretty awesome.

Edit:
Nvm...cant use them both in a team...so in some ways its a dupe - damn lol.
u gonna die
lol
Wow congrats....you are like the 3rd. person here who got him, rare as fuck. Enjoy !!

Khansolo1

90% of the game is leader skills. Pick a mono leader (like SSj4 Goku who boosts all Super STR units tremendously), fill your team with super STR units, and pick a friend SSJ4 goku because you benefit from his leader skill as well. In this case, SSJ4 goku is so strong that 2 of them can carry your entire team through most of the game. The second thing to consider is Link skills. For example the GT Link skill gives characters next to eachother 2 ki, helping you get supers off easier. SSJ3 GT Goku, which you have, is a notable unit for linking extremely well with SSJ4 Goku when dokkaned, giving him something like 90% bonus attack as well as a bunch of Ki.

Also familiarize yourself with how rotations work, it's extremely important https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/positionstrategy
Is there a video version explaining how rotations work?

Shouta

Godtenks
TEQ GF
OS
Nouva
TEQ SSJ Bardock
TEQ P.Cell

I put a little money down and tried for LR Broly but didn't get. =( So I got real lucky with LR Gohan.

Wow congrats....you are like the 3rd. person here who got him, rare as fuck. Enjoy !!

Thanks! At this rate, I'm probably not gonna get any of the SS4s, lol but I'm OK with this consolation prize!

oh if you mean vegeta ssj4 and not goku its easy

Yee, none of my units DA from the Goku event. Baby 2 DA from Veggie man.

broly will never be able to get full ki

Yeh he can be there to tank, and in the off chance super so whatevs. Most of my Damage will be OS anyways.

Edit: Nvm I have the PHY Pan which DA from SSJ4 Goku event, but she's not even that great of a DA...

I put a little money down and tried for LR Broly but didn't get. =( So I got real lucky with LR Gohan.

Thanks! At this rate, I'm probably not gonna get any of the SS4s, lol but I'm OK with this consolation prize!

I spent $100 and didn't get Broly, spent $160 didn't get LR Gohan or any SSJ4 lol.

And LR gohan is actually way better from what I've heard, so he's like the main prize and SSJ4s are secondary imo.

Not that I'm aware, but I promise if you read real careful and try it in the game it will make sense. Bottom line: keep units you want together (say, SS3+4 goku) in first and second position, because they will appear together again after the next round. If a unit you want to pair up with is in the other round, put either of them in third position, and in 3 turns they will be together.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

This post by linkent was quite helpful to me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234014593&postcount=3152

But otherwise HumanTrashcan pretty much explained it.

Haha oh yeah....do you have the mean to evolve/dokkan him ? I dont have much knowledge about LR units but whenever they are mentioned people seem to be mad about all the farming they have to do to Dokkan them lol.

MiTYH

Okay, so I think I'm done with pulls. 500 stones (counting the 77 purchase) netted me:

THE BEST:
- SSJ4 Vegeta
- STR SSJ3 GT Goku
- Dupe Gogeta
- Dupe Super Vegito
- Family Goku

THE REST:
- TEQ Vegito
- 3 TEQ Golden Frieza
- 2 AGL SSJ GT Trunks
- INT Super Baby 2
- PHY SSJ2 GT Goku
- Valentines Pan
- Great Ape Tora
- Dupe TEQ SSJ Bardock

Red Stone: FP Frieza
Blue Stone: Godtenks

Overall, not too bad. Nice extra paths for SV and Gogeta. Didn't get Goku, but my AGL team is stacked enough I should have little trouble with events for a long time. And I have Omega from the 150million celebration so my STR team go so much better from SSJ3 GT Goku

THE BEST:

- Family Goku

THE REST:
- TEQ Vegito
- 3 TEQ Golden Frieza
- 2 AGL SSJ GT Trunks
- INT Super Baby 2
- PHY SSJ2 GT Goku
- Valentines Pan
- Great Ape Tora
- Dupe TEQ SSJ Bardock

979.jpg

the majority of those units are better than Family Goku. TEQ GF? Teq Vegito, one of the best support units in the game? what are u smoking m8

Khansolo1

Not that I'm aware, but I promise if you read real careful and try it in the game it will make sense. Bottom line: keep units you want together (say, SS3+4 goku) in first and second position, because they will appear together again after the next round. If a unit you want to pair up with is in the other round, put either of them in third position, and in 3 turns they will be together.

Haha oh yeah....do you have the mean to evolve/dokkan him ? I dont have much knowledge about LR units but whenever they are mentioned people seem to be mad about all the farming they have to do to Dokkan them lol.
So since ss4 goku is leader. Who should I put in pos 2,3,4 5 6?

Arrrammis

So since ss4 goku is leader. Who should I put in pos 2,3,4 5 6?

The order you put them in in the teambuilding screen doesn't matter at all besides the leader. Your team order is randomized at the start of a mission, so if you're not lucky it can take you a few rounds of battle to get your ideal rotations in place.

Shouta

Yee, none of my units DA from the Goku event. Baby 2 DA from Veggie man.

Yeh he can be there to tank, and in the off chance super so whatevs. Most of my Damage will be OS anyways.

Edit: Nvm I have the PHY Pan which DA from SSJ4 Goku event, but she's not even that great of a DA...

I spent $100 and didn't get Broly, spent $160 didn't get LR Gohan or any SSJ4 lol.

And LR gohan is actually way better from what I've heard, so he's like the main prize and SSJ4s are secondary imo.

RIP. =x

I still want an SS4 to use with my Mono teams. My strongest elements are STR and AGL.

I can do the cell Games pretty easily as I Dokkan'd the STR Perfect Cell a few weeks ago. The LR medals event isn't out yet, right?

Arrrammis

I can do the cell Games pretty easily as I Dokkan'd the STR Perfect Cell a few weeks ago. The LR medals event isn't out yet, right?

For which LR? If you mean Gohan, you dokkan him to TUR using the Cell Games medals, and then to LR using the medals you get from the gold ticket summon (you need 7 IIRC).

Fox1304

If anybody wants a new account with ssj4 vegeta and ssj 3 goku , send me a PM.
I rerolled out of curiosity and got those.

MiTYH

the majority of those units are better than Family Goku. TEQ GF? Teq Vegito, one of the best support units in the game? what are u smoking m8

Ha, whoops, that's a misquote. Was typing too fast. I meant to just highlight SSJ4, GT, and the dupes.

A lot of the "rest" are great units too, just those were highlights for me.

Side note: With 3 TEQ Golden Friezas, is it worth using SA, or opening paths? The only TEQ units I've opened paths on are Godtenks and TEQ Bardock (was my only hero TEQ unit worth a damn before now)

How likely is it go go from LVL 149 to 175? Cuz I can't carry my Dokkan SSj4 Goku :(

Super easy since quest is x4 lol. I'd say do 21-1 on Super since you'll likely level up before running out of STA while also being able to get Gems. PRetty sure you should be able to level up a considerable amount on that stage, I could be wrong though.

PHY pan is actually rather good.

Is she? She seemed meh when I looked at her. Maybe it was the salt.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Yes.
Good links, decent stats, supreme damage, buffs everyone.
Can even be used as a mini lead for AGL and PHY if you don't have any better leads.
If you have a good super phy team, there's really no reason not to use her.

Tamanon

Banned
Those Waifu cards are pretty great for limited cost events, like super strikes. 6 cost on the Mai and she hits pretty hard and stuns.

Shouta

For which LR? If you mean Gohan, you dokkan him to TUR using the Cell Games medals, and then to LR using the medals you get from the gold ticket summon (you need 7 IIRC).

That's still at least 70 tickets, don't think I'll get that unless I start spending more or farm up a lot of stones lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's still at least 70 tickets, don't think I'll get that unless I start spending more or farm up a lot of stones lol

It's not worth spending stones just for the medals. The medals come out later when the Battlefield mode drops, they put them on the banner since it would be the only way to get him to LR.

Supposedly multiple of those medals could drop from the ticket summon, but I never got that.

Aurizen

There's 4x exp going on right now for story mode, so you should be able to grind 21-1 (if you have a good STR Team) for about 70k exp per run at 23 stamina each

I'll do that! Thanks! I also wanted to Dokkan Rose and INT and AGI Gohan :( so much to do so little time.

Top Bottom