• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Yaari

Has anyone received the preregistration code by email yet? For the free SS?

Nope, but I doubt they send them out.

Hows the HIVE friends going? I'm on 30 now, so just need to get the 10 tomorrow and I'm done. It got quite easy once I went to the Summoner Wars boards, and the MLB games they got. Most of those people don't play Dragon Blaze.

Nope, but I doubt they send them out.

Hows the HIVE friends going? I'm on 30 now, so just need to get the 10 tomorrow and I'm done. It got quite easy once I went to the Summoner Wars boards, and the MLB games they got. Most of those people don't play Dragon Blaze.

I have like 32, and still 3 more friends I haven't invited yet. So I need to get a few more people added and then hopefully that covers it. Once I get to 40, I'm going to go through and remove all the Friend Request people, and hope these 40 are still around when it resets.

Yaari

I have like 32, and still 3 more friends I haven't invited yet. So I need to get a few more people added and then hopefully that covers it. Once I get to 40, I'm going to go through and remove all the Friend Request people, and hope these 40 are still around when it resets.

It's really difficult to delete people, that site is extremely buggy. I can't even deny a friend request because it sticks around.

I wanted to do that too, but I think I'll just leave it as it is.

garath

Man. I can't quite bring myself to spend my rubies. I now have 1300. I really need fodder to level up my Dark Arrow Farq and make some new SSS but I like having all these rubies lol. Plus I'll spend all those and maybe get 1-2 more SSS out of it from the fodder at best.

Ventara

Man. I can't quite bring myself to spend my rubies. I now have 1300. I really need fodder to level up my Dark Arrow Farq and make some new SSS but I like having all these rubies lol. Plus I'll spend all those and maybe get 1-2 more SSS out of it from the fodder at best.

Spend them. The 10+2 bonus is the best we're gonna get for a while, and getting 1-2 SSS is pretty good. I'd spend my rubies as well, but I have too many S and A units for now.

Which ally can dispel buffs?

Draco Greysoul

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

What would you be saving them for? The point of rubies is to make SSS!

KimChi

Good point. Two tanks is pretty nice in Labyrinth. But probably not nice enough to justify keeping him instead of making a new SSS.
Does your SS tank have around 30k hp? I think it would pair well with Byron for labyrinth o:

I did one last labyrinth run using scrolls last night and didnt wait long enough to see updated rank. Surprised I got top 1% reward at 394k points, thought the higher ranks had way more points.
my party was:
sheep mage(self, 30k hp)
viri+max(19k hp)
Abyss king+max(30k hp)
Byron+max(50k hp)
loki+max(27k hp)

I've been going up to round 27-29 on auto with this party, 2 tanks might give you a boost in points to rank higher in labyrinth.

garath

Does your SS tank have around 30k hp? I think it would pair well with Byron for labyrinth o:

I did one last labyrinth run using scrolls last night and didnt wait long enough to see updated rank. Surprised I got top 1% reward at 394k points, thought the higher ranks had way more points.
my party was:
sheep mage(self, 30k hp)
viri+max(19k hp)
Abyss king+max(30k hp)
Byron+max(50k hp)
loki+max(27k hp)

I've been going up to round 27-29 on auto with this party, 2 tanks might give you a boost in points to rank higher in labyrinth.

Well, my party isn't anything close to yours. My Byron is pretty horribly equipped. Haven't had time to raid properly to get him geared up.

My SS tank is MUCH better equipped. He has 30k hp, 2600 armor, 23% eva. There are levels in the labyrinth where everyone dies but he takes no damage and I have to sit there waiting for 10 min for him to finally die from the periodic 200 damage hits lol.

I'll have to give a 2 tank party another shot in the lab. I can auto battle up to around 25 or so then I usually need some scroll help. I've never beaten 27.

commish

Okay, Patta is too good. He's so good that I had to remove him from my lab grinding party. He was always the last one alive and the enemies couldn't kill him for at least 5 minutes. Was dragging things out.

Einbroch

Banned
Okay, Patta is too good. He's so good that I had to remove him from my lab grinding party. He was always the last one alive and the enemies couldn't kill him for at least 5 minutes. Was dragging things out.

This game seems to have thresholds for defense. For example, my Porin was getting one shot by a headbutt. 19k damage. I upgraded her armor +2 and it only gave her 4% more damage resistance, but she took less than 10k damage. It almost seems like there are tiers of defense that, once you hit them, you take considerably less damage.

Ventara

What's the best place to farm hp focused items? My allies have around 10 - 12k hp.

Do the highest raid you can in addition to farming Pixie Falls 9. If you've gotten to S2, then just farm the spider boss. Don't bother farming Fortress as it rarely drops.

commish

This game seems to have thresholds for defense. For example, my Porin was getting one shot by a headbutt. 19k damage. I upgraded her armor +2 and it only gave her 4% more damage resistance, but she took less than 10k damage. It almost seems like there are tiers of defense that, once you hit them, you take considerably less damage.

That would make a lot of sense and explain what I was seeing with my Viri.

That's awesome commish. I hope to get some essences for classes I actually tend to get too, haha. Still good results last night though.

I don't know why people buy EXP potions. I personally get really bored once I hit level 60. Grinding stages when no exp is involved is so dull.

I bought a potion because I really like doing raids, and I want to unlock the level 60 raid.

KimChi

Well, my party isn't anything close to yours. My Byron is pretty horribly equipped. Haven't had time to raid properly to get him geared up.

My SS tank is MUCH better equipped. He has 30k hp, 2600 armor, 23% eva. There are levels in the labyrinth where everyone dies but he takes no damage and I have to sit there waiting for 10 min for him to finally die from the periodic 200 damage hits lol.

I'll have to give a 2 tank party another shot in the lab. I can auto battle up to around 25 or so then I usually need some scroll help. I've never beaten 27.
ah ok
I think you may get farther having 2 tanks, even before I got byron to max enhance both tanks didnt take much damage until wave 24 or so and were pushing the party to higher waves.

What's the best place to farm hp focused items? My allies have around 10 - 12k hp.
Easily pixie falls boss stage if your on Myth, the accessory has a chance to roll both evasion and stamina. Then try gearing them with storm tyrant gear since the set effect gives additional stamina for having 2 pieces equipped.

I'm kind of mixed about the new dungeon sets having 3 and 6 set bonuses instead of 2, 4, 6. On the one hand the bonuses have 3 stats instead of 2, so if you can get all 3 for your allies it's better than having 2 pieces and 1 useless piece like before. But on the other hand it's harder to get 3 pieces than 2 pieces.

Does anyone know if the Fiercely Blazing set is 2/4/6 or 3/6?

Ventara

Just had something weird happen. Was grinding the spider boss, and after beating him, I got an ally drop, but it was the boss himself. I beat him, but got nothing. Also, looking through the ally folio, I can't seem to find the spider boss. Is it just a big version of the B unit?

I just noticed there's a summoner/angel class on that list? Is that a new class like Paladin? If so, is it also S3?

As far as I know, it's just Gamevil who didn't properly named its allies.
Just like Tiel, she is a Paladin but she is under the class of warrior.

I think the Paladin/Crusader class is the hybrid tank healer class that you've been seeing like Knight Tiel.

The Summoner/Angel class, from what my Korean friend transliterated, is more like what you see Flame Wizard Whay or Belle Snow doing; they both summon additional allies to boost their DPS.

Just had something weird happen. Was grinding the spider boss, and after beating him, I got an ally drop, but it was the boss himself. I beat him, but got nothing. Also, looking through the ally folio, I can't seem to find the spider boss. Is it just a big version of the B unit?

Someone reported the same thing on the Gamevil bugs forum. No response from developers last time I checked though

Chaos17

Stoped for today GB because I hitted with my friend the 6% and we encountered only lvl 60 ubber stuff.
It seems most of the players are more focused on lvling up than doing GB.

Ventara

The Summoner/Angel class, from what my Korean friend transliterated, is more like what you see Flame Wizard Whay or Belle Snow doing; they both summon additional allies to boost their DPS.

Right, that's probably it. Though maybe they'll make Summoner into it's own class that we can create a character of in a future update.

Someone reported the same thing on the Gamevil bugs forum. No response from developers last time I checked though

Thanks for the info. I might make an account and give that thread a bump later.

ChrisG683

So last night I used the enhance bonus and went on a spree, which I kind of regret now, and now I'm left with not much left. (Level 56)

I went from
(SSS) Captain Shabelle +MAX
(SSS) Dark Gnoll +MAX
(SS) Dark Knife Otehr +MAX
(SS) Dark Curse +MAX
--
(SSS) Captain Shabelle [duplicate]
(SS) Dark Arrow Aena +MAX
(SS) Punisher Roq
(SS) Dark Curse [duplicate]
(S) Priest Ranran MAX+2

to

(SSS) Ranger Kay (rebirthed from Gnoll)
(SS) Dark Curse +MAX
--
(SSS) Ranger Kay [duplicate]
(SS) Priest Viri (got from premium draw)

All the rubies/feed/money just barely nudged my parties power up from Gnoll to Kay, and absolutely devastated my Labyrinth/Arena team.

What do I do from here? Other than forking out $ for rubies, do I just start farming rubies on new characters from the raid quests?

I see so many posts about people getting 10+ SSS heroes within a week or two and I've been playing for 5 weeks now, I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

So last night I used the enhance bonus and went on a spree, which I kind of regret now, and now I'm left with not much left. (Level 56)

I went from
(SSS) Dark Gnoll +MAX
(SS) Dark Curse +MAX
--
(SS) Punisher Roq
(S) Priest Ranran MAX+2

to

(SS) Dark Curse +MAX
--

All the rubies/feed/money just barely nudged my parties power up from Gnoll to Kay, and absolutely devastated my Labyrinth/Arena team.

What do I do from here? Other than forking out $ for rubies, do I just start farming rubies on new characters from the raid quests?

I see so many posts about people getting 10+ SSS heroes within a week or two and I've been playing for 5 weeks now, I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Anyone getting 10 SSS in a week or two isn't playing free.

Ventara

I went from
(SSS) Dark Gnoll +MAX
(SS) Dark Curse +MAX
--
(SS) Punisher Roq
(S) Priest Ranran MAX+2

to

(SS) Dark Curse +MAX
--

How much did you actually use up? All I see is Roq getting maxed to be combined. Can't have taken that many allies unless you had super terrible luck.

Anyways, you don't need to farm rubies. Just collect the A and S units you get daily and wait it out for a good SSS. Gear up the strongest guys you have and you should be good to go. You should be able to make 10% in Lab. What were you ranking before?

Also, nobody here is getting 10+ hero allies in 1-2 weeks, lol. More like 1 SSS/week, which is something everyone could do. You've been playing for 5 weeks and I've been playing for 3+ months, yet we're roughly the same team strength-wise. You're doing fine.

How much did you actually use up? All I see is Roq getting maxed to be combined. Can't have taken that many allies unless you had super terrible luck.

Anyways, you don't need to farm rubies. Just collect the A and S units you get daily and wait it out for a good SSS. Gear up the strongest guys you have and you should be good to go. You should be able to make 10% in Lab. What were you ranking before?

Also, nobody here is getting 10+ hero allies in 1-2 weeks, lol. More like 1 SSS/week, which is something everyone could do. You've been playing for 5 weeks and I've been playing for 3+ months, yet we're roughly the same team strength-wise. You're doing fine.

He rebirthed Gnoll. Which was honestly a bad move, you never sacrifice from y our main team, even if they're bottom tier.

Ventara

He rebirthed Gnoll. Which was honestly a bad move, you never sacrifice from y our main team, if they're bottom tier.

Yeah, that was a bad move, though I'm sure he realizes this himself now. I'm talking more in terms of the units he has, which he has a good team of.

Chaos17

He rebirthed Gnoll. Which was honestly a bad move, you never sacrifice from y our main team, even if they're bottom tier.

A lot of people are advicing on Reddit to rebirth even a top tier Acknard... I don't understand why rebirthing is still a thing after getting ascended allies and know how much fooders you need to ascend and money fee. They're totally understimating it.

garath

A lot of people are advicing on Reddit to rebirth even a top tier Acknard... I don't understand why rebirthing is still a thing after getting ascended allies and know how much fooders you need to ascend and money fee. They're totally understimating it.

Yeah.. why wouldn't you just use that SSS as fodder for MAX+?

Only reason to rebirth in that case is if you have another SSS+MAX warrior already. Then you can rebirth gnoll on the chance you get a new SSS you never had before (possibility of new party formation bonus, or max rapport bonus). Then use it as fodder. But yea, people are weird. Honestly with ascension in play, they might as well delete rebirth from the game. Useless.

Limit

The only situation where rebirth makes any sense if if a person has a full list of ascended + other allies who are all max + ultimate and are not hurting on any resources.

If rebirthing gave you some sort of guarantee that you will rebirth to a different class or something then it makes some kind of sense. But it's all (pseudo) random. No point at all.

garath

Aww. I'm out of stuff to rapport. Guess I did ok. I gained 200-300 rubies from the new units I got recently.

Guess it's time to blow all the rubies and be horribly disappointed with the SSS units I get.

commish

The only situation where rebirth makes any sense if if a person has a full list of ascended + other allies who are all max + ultimate and are not hurting on any resources.

If rebirthing gave you some sort of guarantee that you will rebirth to a different class or something then it makes some kind of sense. But it's all (pseudo) random. No point at all.

I think rebirthing can make sense in some circumstances.

For example, right now I have 3 Max level SSS warriors. I will be using at least one of them as fodder for my archer to reach ascendance. Before I feed that max level warrior, I will rebirth him to see if I end up with an uber SSS since it doesn't cost much. If I do, then I will keep that uber SSS and save up for another SSS to use as enhancement fodder.

Ventara

I think rebirthing can make sense in some circumstances.

For example, right now I have 3 Max level SSS warriors. I will be using at least one of them as fodder for my archer to reach ascendance. Before I feed that max level warrior, I will rebirth him to see if I end up with an uber SSS since it doesn't cost much. If I do, then I will keep that uber SSS and save up for another SSS to use as enhancement fodder.

That's the only situation where I see it as an option, where you're going to use them as fodder anyways, so you might as well roll the dice and see.

Though no one should be maxing 3 SSS warriors. You only max the really good ones and the ones you're planning to ascend.

It just occurred to me that I've been incredibly lucky with my SSS rolls. First was Archer, second was Rogue, third was Warrior, fourth was Mage, and fifth was Priest. I literally got every class in just 5 rolls.

Top Bottom