• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's the only situation where I see it as an option, where you're going to use them as fodder anyways, so you might as well roll the dice and see.

Though no one should be maxing 3 SSS warriors. You only max the really good ones and the ones you're planning to ascend.

If you pull a Patta, and you max him, it's not like you'd then use the gram you pull the next day as fodder.

Ventara

If you pull a Patta, and you max him, it's not like you'd then use the gram you pull the next day as fodder.

True, but in that case you keep Gram and ascend Patta.

You'd want to save units by choosing who to +Max carefully so as to avoid rebirthing. If there isn't a significant difference between a better unit and the one you currently have, I'd sit on it and wait for something better. So, like, if I have Patta maxed and pull Tyran, I would not max Tyran, even if he's slightly better.

Whizkid7

11781669_10100638378261869_5536243614534801634_n.jpg

So. Um. That just happened.

I think that makes the....third SSS I've gotten through rubies?

Only question is, who do I replace for Tiel now...

commish

True, but in that case you keep Gram and ascend Patta.

You'd want to save units by choosing who to +Max carefully so as to avoid rebirthing. If there isn't a significant difference between a better unit and the one you currently have, I'd sit on it and wait for something better. So, like, if I have Patta maxed and pull Tyran, I would not max Tyran, even if he's slightly better.

My other warrior is a DPS warrior (Azur), whom I love but will ascend. Patta will be kept and my other max warrior tank will be the rebirth fodder. I already fused away 2 of my SSS warriors, and my sixth and final warrior is actually the paladin, who I will be keeping.

KimChi

11781669_10100638378261869_5536243614534801634_n.jpg

So. Um. That just happened.

I think that makes the....third SSS I've gotten through rubies?

Only question is, who do I replace for Tiel now...

wow grats, I've only pulled 1 SSS from premium but 3?!?!?! and its tiel?!?!?! much jelly.
What is your party atm?

Ventara

My other warrior is a DPS warrior (Azur), whom I love but will ascend. Patta will be kept and my other max warrior tank will be the rebirth fodder. I already fused away 2 of my SSS warriors, and my sixth and final warrior is actually the paladin, who I will be keeping.

I'd personally keep Azur and ascend your other max tank.

Whizkid7

wow grats, I've only pulled 1 SSS from premium but 3?!?!?! and its tiel?!?!?! much jelly.
What is your party atm?

Right now? It's:
Pirate King Byron (+4)
Dark Priest Porin (MAX)
Dark Archer Pitch (MAX+2, aiming for ascend on this one)
Hunter Toori (no enhance)

I'm thinking losing Toori only because Byron, despite being a tank, hits like a truck and has that nice ATK Down effect on his normals. That, and he's a pirate! Pirates are awesome!

garath

Well I did 20 pulls. Just the std mix of S and A. Managed to get my Dark Arrow Farq to +7. I burned through about 300k though. Ouch. Working on some SS now. Not nearly enough Bs to do so.

I still have 850 rubies so that's another 30 something pulls. I can either work on getting more enhancement on my Byron (probably wise) or really hammer in another SSS combine. I don't see any hope of ascension. I don't have near enough SSS units. I have maybe one that I'd be willing to sac (Gar).

On the bright side I have another 5 or so A units to rapport.

Ventara

So should I sell all my extra roses now since event is over?

Yeah, if it's less than 4. I don't see any other uses except as healing items.

Well I did 20 pulls. Just the std mix of S and A. Managed to get my Dark Arrow Farq to +7. I burned through about 300k though. Ouch. Working on some SS now. Not nearly enough Bs to do so.

I still have 850 rubies so that's another 30 something pulls. I can either work on getting more enhancement on my Byron (probably wise) or really hammer in another SSS combine. I don't see any hope of ascension. I don't have near enough SSS units. I have maybe one that I'd be willing to sac (Gar).

On the bright side I have another 5 or so A units to rapport.

I'd max Byron and Farq.

KimChi

Right now? It's:
Pirate King Byron (+4)
Dark Priest Porin (MAX)
Dark Archer Pitch (MAX+2, aiming for ascend on this one)
Hunter Toori (no enhance)

I'm thinking losing Toori only because Byron, despite being a tank, hits like a truck and has that nice ATK Down effect on his normals. That, and he's a pirate! Pirates are awesome!
I agree with ya on Byron, I'd swap out toori as well nothing bad with having 2 tanks although her aoe skill disable could be useful.
So should I sell all my extra roses now since event is over?

Yep, unless you have enough to redeem something they are useless to keep around. There will be similar events using different items, korean version is seashells for an event last I played.

Kalavaras

Banned
Combined sss for getting my archer to ult... and got Tiel. Should I keep him? He looks great but I dont know if he would have a role in my team. Atm Im going sheep mage, viri, dc, pitch and byron. Pitch would turn into Bloodwind, however I wouldnt be able to upgrade further yet.

Ventara

Combined sss for getting my archer to ult... and got Tiel. Should I keep him? He looks great but I dont know if he would have a role in my team. Atm Im going sheep mage, viri, dc, pitch and byron. Pitch would turn into Bloodwind, however I wouldnt be able to upgrade further yet.

Yes, definitely keep her. She's one of the two units that can be ascended to a particular angel in a later update. And she's pretty good regardless.

commish

I'd personally keep Azur and ascend your other max tank.

Yeah, I'm considering that because I am quite fond of Azur. He's been with me for so long. I want to be loyal to him. At the same time, I want to ascend my hunter tonight, and if I don't use my other warrior as fodder, I'll have to wait until I combine another SSS, which could be a week or two at least. Decisions!

Kalavaras - you'll definitely want to keep Tiel. He can ascend into one best characters in the game in the next big update. And even as he is, his skills are pretty awesome and useful all around.

Ventara

Yeah, I'm considering that because I am quite fond of Azur. He's been with me for so long. I want to be loyal to him. At the same time, I want to ascend my hunter tonight, and if I don't use my other warrior as fodder, I'll have to wait until I combine another SSS, which could be a week or two at least. Decisions!

Kalavaras - you'll definitely want to keep Tiel. He can ascend into one best characters in the game in the next big update. And even as he is, his skills are pretty awesome and useful all around.

Follow your heart; keep Azur. Making a new SSS will only take a week. We should be getting a free SS soon in the mail, plus another one for 30 day login bonus, and with the enhance bonus, it should be easier to max them. Azur has a good spot on your team. Don't get rid of him.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
for the HIVE game invite awards, is there a hard limit on how many times you can do this after the first SS ally?

Whizkid7

Jesus, Tiel's a monster. No gear and 5 levels behind the rest of my team and she's (definitely a she, right? The character text says "he" o_O) beating down enemies almost as well as Byron. That AOE stun attack is amazeballs.

KimChi

I don't speak Spanish, but it looks like it's 100 rubies to enhance a skill?

going by google translate it looks like each limit break you do on an ally = 1 skill point, so SSS are able to get 5 skill points max.
Below that I'm pretty sure its showing essences are going to be needed to upgrade skills for ascended units, 2 essence for level 2 skill and 3 for level 3 skill... T_T
I think the 100 ruby is just skill reset.

Is the ascended warrior unit a tank or dps?
It is a tank, you can take a look at all the units and ascended units in the folio when you click allies tab.

Yaari

Let's see if I can hit 60 during this exp window. I'm not sure if I got the Shoes to do it, should get close enough though.

Wish I knew they would change the friend system. I would have saved 500 Shoes for Essence runs.

Limit

I am now conserving my jewels in prep for buying ascended items whenever I have enough allies to attempt the ascension process but boy has my progress slowed down to a crawl. There is no way I am going to be able to crank out an SSS unit before the end of next week. I have zero A and B units and we all know how rare those drops are.

Yaari

Well, probably not going to rush into Deify units by buying Essences. I don't find them quickly at all, but I look at my 1000 Rubies and I can't wait to do pulls with them.

In the end I'll have to grind these stages daily for fodder anyway. It might set me back a few weeks on my Blackaria, but whatever. I don't mind that much.

arevin01

Let's see if I can hit 60 during this exp window. I'm not sure if I got the Shoes to do it, should get close enough though.

Wish I knew they would change the friend system. I would have saved 500 Shoes for Essence runs.

I would wait for the 100% exp window.

garath

Woot. Just did another 20 pulls and got two SS units. Not bad. Abyss king and mage veril. I'd be excited about abyss king if I didn't have pirate king Byron.

Yaari

5 Deathcrown Essence now. Lol.
Its like I'm getting him for free. Is he really that bad?

Woot. Just did another 20 pulls and got two SS units. Not bad. Abyss king and mage veril. I'd be excited about abyss king if I didn't have pirate king Byron.

Incredible luck there, wow.

Ventara

lol, "not bad" indeed. That's pretty awesome! Fingers crossed I'll have similar luck when I pull.

5 Deathcrown Essence now. Lol.
Its like I'm getting him for free. Is he really that bad?

The guy is great. Easily the best tank we have. He's just considered the "worst" because everyone is so focused on DPS and healing.

Draco Deathcrown
Normal attack : reduces enemy base attack

Skill 1: 748% damage (single) + 13 sec stun CD 22.9s
Skill 2: 822% damage, which focuses the party's atk for 10sec CD 20.8s
Skill 3: Taunt (AOE) 10 seconds + invunerable CD 39s

Passive 1: Damage received reduced by 16% and 9% STA (party).
Passive 2: 15% chance when attacked, 412% damage (AOE) + -33% base atk, for 16 seconds.

My only complaint about the essence drop rate is that once you get 60, it's very boring to farm the levels for essences when you have nothing left to gain from story dungeons. Ally fodder I guess, but still. At the rate they drop at though, you would have to use thousands of shoes to get a full set of essences to level up your guys, and realistically speaking the shoes are probably better spent on daily dungeons for skill cards.

Is there a list of party effects with the printed names of the characters for each effect? I look at these pictures and I can't tell who the fuck anyone is, and the icon doesn't always match the icon in your allies screen either, so I can't tell who is needed for the effect.

Additionally, it seems you don't actually always need the exact unit pictured. I've satisfied a party effect with a higher tier version of a pictured unit before. I keep fusing people away because it's too hard to figure out if I can use them in a party effect.

Ventara

Is there a list of party effects with the printed names of the characters for each effect? I look at these pictures and I can't tell who the fuck anyone is, and the icon doesn't always match the icon in your allies screen either, so I can't tell who is needed for the effect.

Additionally, it seems you don't actually always need the exact unit pictured. I've satisfied a party effect with a higher tier version of a pictured unit before. I keep fusing people away because it's too hard to figure out if I can use them in a party effect.

I don't have a list for you, but for a lot of them, the pictured units are just examples. In particular, the ones that have a ... image. So like for the Mushrooms of Stamina party effect, you need 3 mushrooms, not the 3 that are specifically pictured. Or the Dark Soldiers party effect, you need any 3 of the Dark soldier units. The ones without the ... image means that you need those specific units pictured.

Top Bottom