• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

KimChi

I got Dark Lance from the SS, and finally done maxing rapport of all the new units I got, can finally start the grind for essence :/
For you guys that haven't received the email yet, did you also check your spam folder? just to make sure :)

Limit

Finally finished myth gram with an almost all dps team + level 60 priest. Went in with revival scrolls on all 3 slots and called the priest in during 3rd round after I had already used 2 scrolls on myself. This allowed the priest to stay through entirety of 4th round. Gram hit super hard but the priest healed harder. She healed the shit out of my team.

Having a tank in the team would have helped. But eh, I am sure I will get one in the near future. Now onto farming for essences. Finally done with world 1.

Pejo

Got my code, got some Rogue. At least I never had her before so I can get the 10 rubies. Combined for another SSS tonight, an archer. Still no healer! Ah well, at least now I have one of each other class, so I basically have my pick of what I want to ascend first. Well....except a healer, which is what I want to ascend first. =(

Vitanimus

Out of interest how was Gar been as a tank so far?

I'm comtemplating swapping him in for my Dark Lance SS.

really underwhelming. the lack of taunt just makes him a really weak DPS I think, but that also might be due to not having him fully geared out to the max. I'll play with abyss king and see if there are any improvements!

i also didn't know that you could view a units level 60 stats in the ally folio. on paper, gar is better in every sense.

also, does anyone have any recommendations for equipment sets for each class? I've gotten really lucky so far with buster gear all having really great stats for my priest character. just wondering if it's worth doing the grind for certain equips for my Turq and Pearla.

StuffRuff

really underwhelming. the lack of taunt just makes him a really weak DPS I think, but that also might be due to not having him fully geared out to the max. I'll play with abyss king and see if there are any improvements!

i also didn't know that you could view a units level 60 stats in the ally folio. on paper, gar is better in every sense.

also, does anyone have any recommendations for equipment sets for each class? I've gotten really lucky so far with buster gear all having really great stats for my priest character. just wondering if it's worth doing the grind for certain equips for my Turq and Pearla.

I also didn't know this! Thanks for the tip and feedback on Gar. I'm gonna see how he does replacing my Dark Lance.

Yaari

In the end I wasn't patient enough to wait for Blackaria Essences and I just bought them instead. So much for that, lol.

Next one should be different considering I have neither the Gold, or the SSS's to make a Ultimate unit.

I had an entire set of cool armor ready for Blackaria so I really did not want to wait 2-3 weeks.

We'll see who my next SSS is, based on the Essence drops.

I wonder if I can finally get rid of my SS MAX Viri now. A maxed out SS would help me in making progress at this point.

Chaos17

Yesterday I was with 2 level 56's, and neither of them used anything. I blew out 3 scrolls and these cheapo's just sat there. We all died.

That's just happened to be now at Deus Death crown and the boss was going to die.
That just pissed me.

Vitanimus

auto priests on raids are annoying. if we're both popping our magnify at the same time, then one needs to adjust accordingly... which is usually me. :I

Ventara

What I hate the most about raids is people leaving early. You're the worst if you do this. Just wait it out. You don't know if someone will use a revive at the last second.

vato_loco

So I have an extra SS code, if anyone forgot to sign for it before Chapter 2 rolled out. I used 2 emails because I thought the reward was tied to the email used for the Com2Us account, which is not.

First one to ask gets it.

Of course, if you already used a code of your own, then this one will be pretty much useless, it won't give you a second free SS.

garath

Well now I'm in the position with a near MAX SSS Byron, MAX SSS Farq, +5 Pari and MAX SS Viri for my party. My only other SSS is warrior Gar and Windlune.

I have 4 MAX SS:
- Vurch (my old tank) who I hate to get rid of
- Murit who is my only second healer
- Dark Marble Tiehr who I guess I could get rid of but maybe I'll need her for Lab or something? I guess Windlune is a better back up companion
- Commander Arat which I finished MAXing just to combine

After that I have 8 more SS that I haven't touched. It's going to take a year to MAX all of them lol.

Having trouble coming up with a strategy.. I have some S and As left from my last pull. After that I have 500 more rubies. Going to save a bit more to get a solid 20 pull again then pull them all.

Going to definitely finish MAX'ing Pirate King Byron. Then I guess I should just focus on enhancing SS to get more SSS? If I use As instead of only Bs it'll go faster for sure. But I'll run out of As before long of course..

StuffRuff

So I have an extra SS code, if anyone forgot to sign for it before Chapter 2 rolled out. I used 2 emails because I thought the reward was tied to the email used for the Com2Us account, which is not.

First one to ask gets it.

Of course, if you already used a code of your own, then this one will be pretty much useless, it won't give you a second free SS.

Hi Vato,

I missed the SS sign up, if you have a spare code it would be much appcreciated!

Ventara

Well now I'm in the position with a near MAX SSS Byron, MAX SSS Farq, +5 Pari and MAX SS Viri for my party. My only other SSS is warrior Gar and Windlune.

I have 4 MAX SS:
- Vurch (my old tank) who I hate to get rid of
- Murit who is my only second healer
- Dark Marble Tiehr who I guess I could get rid of but maybe I'll need her for Lab or something? I guess Windlune is a better back up companion
- Commander Arat which I finished MAXing just to combine

After that I have 8 more SS that I haven't touched. It's going to take a year to MAX all of them lol.

Having trouble coming up with a strategy.. I have some S and As left from my last pull. After that I have 500 more rubies. Going to save a bit more to get a solid 20 pull again then pull them all.

Going to definitely finish MAX'ing Pirate King Byron. Then I guess I should just focus on enhancing SS to get more SSS? If I use As instead of only Bs it'll go faster for sure. But I'll run out of As before long of course..

Personally, I'd max Byron and Pari, combine the 4 SS, and depending on what you combine max either one of them or Windlune. After that, I'd look to ascend either Pari or Farq.

garath

Personally, I'd max Byron and Pari, combine the 4 SS, and depending on what you combine max either one of them or Windlune. After that, I'd look to ascend either Pari or Farq.

Hmm.. Interesting. So give up all the SS as potential party members.. even the healer? I guess there's no content right now that I'd need a second healer for anyways.

Very tempting. Not a bad suggestion at all. It is true that an SSS at like +1 is generally stronger than a MAX SS. No point keeping the SS if I can replace them with a better SSS.

Hrmm... got semi-trolled by the free SS :). Just prior, I combined some S units and finally got a Viri. Hooray! I can finally retire my RanRan (even though I hadn't used him (her?) in a while since I got a Mercedes and a Tiel). But a new Raise priest is awesome!

Alright, time to get the free SS. Enter code, claim ticket, roll and... Viri. Chased Viri for weeks and weeks, and then I get 2 in one day. Oh well - fodder's fodder!

Limit

Is there a list of ally drops for chapter 2 maps? I have been farming the spider boss since yesterday and haven't seen a single A level ally.

Ventara

Hmm.. Interesting. So give up all the SS as potential party members.. even the healer? I guess there's no content right now that I'd need a second healer for anyways.

Very tempting. Not a bad suggestion at all. It is true that an SSS at like +1 is generally stronger than a MAX SS. No point keeping the SS if I can replace them with a better SSS.

Depends on if you use still use him every now and then, but if you're keeping them for labyrinth, you really don't need more than 2 good units outside your current 4. Oh, and I wouldn't enhance any other SSS unless they're good, even +1. I'd save them for a good unit that I'd want to go all the way to +max. So if the 2 you combine are crap, just save them until you have 5 and use them as fodder. A non-enhanced SSS is as good as a maxed SS anyways, in general.

Hrmm... got semi-trolled by the free SS :). Just prior, I combined some S units and finally got a Viri. Hooray! I can finally retire my RanRan (even though I hadn't used him (her?) in a while since I got a Mercedes and a Tiel). But a new Raise priest is awesome!

Alright, time to get the free SS. Enter code, claim ticket, roll and... Viri. Chased Viri for weeks and weeks, and then I get 2 in one day. Oh well - fodder's fodder!

RNGesus acts in strange ways.

Kalavaras

Banned

Lol I finally got Viri aswell like a week ago and now the code gave me a second one. I guess I should always pray for fodder, I always get the good stuff when least expected.

garath

Depends on if you use still use him every now and then, but if you're keeping them for labyrinth, you really don't need more than 2 good units outside your current 4. Oh, and I wouldn't enhance any other SSS unless they're good, even +1. I'd save them for a good unit that I'd want to go all the way to +max. So if the 2 you combine are crap, just save them until you have 5 and use them as fodder. A non-enhanced SSS is as good as a maxed SS anyways, in general.

Nice. Combined my Commander Arat and Dark Marble Teihr and got Captain Turq.

She's worth enhancing over Pari. I'll leave Pari at +5 for now and put some resources into Captain Turq.

Now to decide on combining my SS Vurch and SS Murit. My backup tank and healer. That's a tough one. Especially if it turns into a gnoll or something lol.

Vitanimus

I have a US and Asia free SS code if anyone needs one. Also, for Legendary King Gram, is it silly to not bring a revive healer? The only only I have is Ranran who is super squishy and gets killed by all the AoE attacks by mages and archers. I could rely on scrolls for revive + quick heal, but I only have 2 item slots open... so close, so far ;_;

I can sometimes DPS them down quick enough they don't kill my guys, but I have no healer. But if I can't revive, then I can't do enough DPS and die.

garath

I have a US and Asia free SS code if anyone needs one. Also, for Legendary King Gram, is it silly to not bring a revive healer? The only only I have is Ranran who is super squishy and gets killed by all the AoE attacks by mages and archers. I could rely on scrolls for revive + quick heal, but I only have 2 item slots open... so close, so far ;_;

I can sometimes DPS them down quick enough they don't kill my guys, but I have no healer. But if I can't revive, then I can't do enough DPS and die.

You should add a couple high level GAF people to your friends list and use them during the 100% friend summon time this evening and you should smoke it pretty hard. Best would be a healer but even a 55+ dps would make mincemeat of Gram's adds.

Definitely unlock that third item slot though. Having 3 revive scrolls available is very handy.

pix

Can I grab the U.S. Code off of you?

vato_loco

You should add a couple high level GAF people to your friends list and use them during the 100% friend summon time this evening and you should smoke it pretty hard.
Can't believe I didn't think of that. Already tried to add some of you guys, let's see who accepts a low level guy.

What's the best season 2 map for farming gold + essences at the same time? Is it all the same? I assumed crystal palace 6, but anecdotally and with an insufficient sample size, i seem to get less essences there.

Also I think the answer is no, but has anyone ever gotten an essence from a non boss monster?

garath

7JSvAKX.png

The wand on the right is the better choice right? I'm always struck with the additional damage vs stats like accuracy and crit rate on weapons for allies and rarely know which makes the most impact. I THINK it would be the accuracy, crit rate, weapon attack vs the additional damage stats but is that right?

Obviously the wand on the right here also has much better base attack but pretending they are similar, it would still beat out 3 stat lines of additional damage correct?

What's the best season 2 map for farming gold + essences at the same time? Is it all the same? I assumed crystal palace 6, but anecdotally and with an insufficient sample size, i seem to get less essences there.

Also I think the answer is no, but has anyone ever gotten an essence from a non boss monster?

Not sure about best farming spot for essence and gold (I'm still doing spider boss) but I can say with a high degree of confidence, no essence from non-boss. I was grinding rapport on the first spider stage initially and must have used 200-300 shoes with no essence. Once I switched to the spider boss, I started to see drops.

JigsawX

Well Bloodwind was able to get me into the top 1% of the Hydra boss. The SSS duel card was Stam + Evasion. Patta getting upgraded.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have an extra SS code if anyone needs. Just shoot me a PM.

This game got THISCLOSE to making me spend $50 so I can ascend my guy. I am too impatient but I held off... FOR NOW. I decided to keep my max Pagu so I have to combine for another SSS. I do have 2 SS so it's not so bad. Just have no fodder.

Shouta

I got a SSS Sorcerer Mer from Ruby pulls last night. Looked at his abilities in game and not sure what to make of him lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Sure sounds like you guys have been getting better pulls from Rubies. Perhaps I should try it.

I think I have probably 200 premium pulls so far, and I would estimate I received about 190 As and 10 Ss. No SS. No SSS, certainly. I've been whining for weeks about it :)

KimChi

7JSvAKX.png

The wand on the right is the better choice right? I'm always struck with the additional damage vs stats like accuracy and crit rate on weapons for allies and rarely know which makes the most impact. I THINK it would be the accuracy, crit rate, weapon attack vs the additional damage stats but is that right?

Obviously the wand on the right here also has much better base attack but pretending they are similar, it would still beat out 3 stat lines of additional damage correct?

The wand on the right is much better, the 3 stats on it already make it better then the left wand even if they were same level.
additional holy/cold/etc damage is such a garbage stat wish it didn't exist, more often than not I get weapons with all additional damage on it -_-

I think I have probably 200 premium pulls so far, and I would estimate I received about 190 As and 10 Ss. No SS. No SSS, certainly. I've been whining for weeks about it :)

I find that pretty hard to believe :-/ If that's really true you have the worst luck in the world. I have at least 20% rate on pulling S's, and that's at 200-300 premium pulls. Only 1 SS and no SSS, but your S rate is insanely low.

Top Bottom