• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Vitanimus

I find that pretty hard to believe :-/ If that's really true you have the worst luck in the world. I have at least 20% rate on pulling S's, and that's at 200-300 premium pulls. Only 1 SS and no SSS, but your S rate is insanely low.

same here. I'd say about 8:2 for every A and S. I've gotten one SS. I spent £20 yesterday on 300 rubies hoping it would be the one to bring me a tier 1 SSS ;_;

Vitanimus

So, funny story. My priest basically tanked Legendary Gram for about 10 minutes after surviving the initial 3 waves and basically just waited for the friend helper to refresh to deal damage. Hello myth!

Draco units are nuts.

I don't even have a weapon on Greysoul and he's doing more damage than my +5 SSS decked out Karang.

Yea I aws going to ask. Is it worth ascending if you don't have the resources to enhance? What are the base stats of a Draco? Will a +0 Draco be better or worse than the +ULTIMATE that you used to get him?

Pejo

I'm so torn right now between continuing to make new SSS or upgrading my existing SSS. I really should probably be upgrading, considering I can't make it through Myth mode with them at base enhancement level. But man it's so much less fun than rolling the dice and getting a new ally. If I could just get 1 SSS healer, of any kind, i'd feel totally fine at this point upgrading my team. I know people make it through Myth with Ranran, but I can't help but want something better. Plus, I really want to make Blackaria first since I've had such a harder time pulling good healers and finding healer friends that aren't already full on their friend list. I'm pretty good on DPS with my very lucky SSS DPS combines.

Maybe I'll switch back and forth. One ally to +5, then make a new SSS, then another ally to +5. Then eventually I'll max out whatever.

Einbroch

Banned
Yea I aws going to ask. Is it worth ascending if you don't have the resources to enhance? What are the base stats of a Draco? Will a +0 Draco be better or worse than the +ULTIMATE that you used to get him?

+0 will be worse than a +U. They aren't 150% stronger, more like 60-100% stronger (at +0).

But that difference will be bigger the more you plus enhance your Draco. They end up at least twice as strong as most units (excluding top tier SSS). I mean, Greywind is doing 25k crits without a weapon.

+0 will be worse than a +U. They aren't 150% stronger, more like 60-100% stronger (at +0).

But that difference will be bigger the more you plus enhance your Draco. They end up at least twice as strong as most units (excluding top tier SSS). I mean, Greywind is doing 25k crits without a weapon.

So let's see. A +ULTIMATE SSS is 150% stronger than a base SSS. So if a base Draco is, say, 80% stronger than a base SSS, 2.5 / 1.8 = 1.39, which means the break even point for a draco is about +4. Give it +/- 1 just to be safe. So maybe we can have a general rule of thumb, don't ascend unless you can get it to at least +5?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I find that pretty hard to believe :-/ If that's really true you have the worst luck in the world. I have at least 20% rate on pulling S's, and that's at 200-300 premium pulls. Only 1 SS and no SSS, but your S rate is insanely low.

I did 14 pulls last night and got all As. Not a single S. That's pretty much normal. It's the same way I combined for seven SSS warriors out of my 9 total SSS. Just RNG at work.

I'm almost 60, and I will get the 280 gems or whatever for hitting that. I'll do 15 or so pulls and will post a video of 15 or so As. I'm cursed!

Draco units are nuts.

I don't even have a weapon on Greysoul and he's doing more damage than my +5 SSS decked out Karang.

We were fighting some Level 60 guys who had +ultimate draco units in gb last night. Was ridiculous.

Einbroch

Banned
So let's see. A +ULTIMATE SSS is 150% stronger than a base SSS. So if a base Draco is, say, 80% stronger than a base SSS, 2.5 / 1.8 = 1.39, which means the break even point for a draco is about +4. Give it +/- 1 just to be safe. So maybe we can have a general rule of thumb, don't ascend unless you can get it to at least +5?

It depends on the unit, but yeah, from what I can see, that seems about right. Bottom tier like Karang the Draco is probably better at +1 or 2 (compared to Ultimate), but top tier it might be +8 or so.

My Draco is doing less damage than my MAX+4 Freyd, but honestly not by much.

KimChi

BTW, if there's anyone who hasn't followd gamevil on twitch (which I expect to be almost everyone), do it now, even if you have to create a twitch account. At 5,000 followers we get a reward code, and they're less than 140 followers away from unlocking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3egtwg/follow_gamevil_on_twitch_for_rewards/

Oh nice, didn't know they were that close to 5k followers already. They just might reach it during the stream today hopefully.

Chaos17

BTW, if there's anyone who hasn't followd gamevil on twitch (which I expect to be almost everyone), do it now, even if you have to create a twitch account. At 5,000 followers we get a reward code, and they're less than 140 followers away from unlocking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3egtwg/follow_gamevil_on_twitch_for_rewards/

By the way did the new stream on Dragon Blaze is already finished ?
I know it was scheduled for today but I'm pretty bad with time zone conversion -.-'

I've found I think 7 or 8. Sucks that they're only from boss monsters. Means that if you're just doing story progression, you'll get almost nothing, because out of all the hundreds of shoes it takes to clear the story content, you only have 4 or 5 chances. So the only way to get them is literally to grind boss stages.

garath

The wand on the right is much better, the 3 stats on it already make it better then the left wand even if they were same level.
additional holy/cold/etc damage is such a garbage stat wish it didn't exist, more often than not I get weapons with all additional damage on it -_-

Yeah. That's exactly what I figured. Just wanted to double check. I've been getting some nice ones from the spider boss. That exact wand on the left is what my Pari is using, going to replace it with the one on the right then have another one like it that will go on my Captain Turq.

Shouta

Anyway, I'm pretty ready to fuse folks tonight. I'm at 68-70 units total and a good 300-400k to max them out and combine through that special buff tonight.

Limit

Anyone has a spare code for US server lying around? I registered but still haven't received mine. Check spam folder and all but nothing.

Ventara

Anyone has a spare code for US server lying around? I registered but still haven't received mine. Check spam folder and all but nothing.

Are you using Gmail? Gmail splits your mail into Primary/Social/Promotions tab, and mine went to the Promotions tab.

Yaari

There. Mage is 60. Might as well grind my Rogue to 60 too.

ccp, should you really post the HIVE stuff on the Reddit with the Gamevil guy there? I don't want them to fix that.

Kalavaras

Banned
Is there any reason to stay up for the stream? Dont have work tomorrow so I could stay up but if theres nothing to gain I might skip it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is there any reason to stay up for the stream? Dont have work tomorrow so I could stay up but if theres nothing to gain I might skip it.

No, The codes will be posted in this thread by someone, I'm sure. I haven't watched a stream yet.

There. Mage is 60. Might as well grind my Rogue to 60 too.

ccp, should you really post the HIVE stuff on the Reddit with the Gamevil guy there? I don't want them to fix that.

What would they fix? Seems like it's working as intended. I think this is what they WANT people to do. Makes sense for them, because HIVE is a gamevil owned property, so they want to encourage people using HIVE friends because it gets their existing users playing more of their games.

Pejo

No, The codes will be posted in this thread by someone, I'm sure. I haven't watched a stream yet.

Speaking of codes, did any of you get the 40,000 Likes code to work in the US? I just kept getting that I hit the maximum number of codes. Never tried it again after a few days of trying once a day.

Limit

Speaking of codes, did any of you get the 40,000 Likes code to work in the US? I just kept getting that I hit the maximum number of codes. Never tried it again after a few days of trying once a day.

You might have gotten that reward even if you got that message. I got the same message just a few minutes ago when inputting the SS preregistration code and then checked my in game inbox and found the SS summon waiting for me.

You might have gotten that reward even if you got that message. I got the same message just a few minutes ago when inputting the SS preregistration code and then checked my in game inbox and found the SS summon waiting for me.

Another thing is that the 40k likes code was active even before they announced it. I claimed that code at least 2 weeks before they announced it was live, because I saw it posted in some thread. So it's possible people already received the reward, but forgot exactly which codes they claimed, so then they go to claim it again once they officially announce it and get the error message since they already received it.

Chaos17

The bonus enhance stuff isn't that bad, I was able to make my first MAX ally from +6 to +8 tonight
I hope I will be able to find better gear for Porin.

So at the moment once you beat Crystal Palace theres no more content until you grind to 60?

Correct. I'm guessing there will be a new patch every 2 weeks or so that adds more content. I think we'll get one more area in normal mode, and then after that we'll get hero, legend, myth, and nightmare.

Chaos17

Correct. I'm guessing there will be a new patch every 2 weeks or so that adds more content. I think we'll get one more area in normal mode, and then after that we'll get hero, legend, myth, and nightmare.

Korea version got a new area every 2 months.
I don't know if we will follow their pace or not.
But letting people time to farm the content is nice too.

Vitanimus

absolutely no one coming up for matching in myth komodo fairy
cry.gif

Yaari

What would they fix? Seems like it's working as intended. I think this is what they WANT people to do. Makes sense for them, because HIVE is a gamevil owned property, so they want to encourage people using HIVE friends because it gets their existing users playing more of their games.

Hope so.

Been farming the new raid boss, got 3 SSS already. 2 Shields that I don't know what to do with, one of them has

Accuracy +17.7
Critical Rate 12.7
Defense Penetration 23.6
Lightning Damage 155.1

Other is

Critical Damage 31.9
Accuracy 14.2
All Resist 6.4
Holy Damage 137

Which one should I use? The top one seems best for a possible Ascended Deathcrown. I think Critical Damage is pointless for Allies because its difficult enough to get the critical rate up.

And I got a pretty nice dagger I think, from the Raid.

Critical Rate Inc 15.9
Weapon ATK Inc 175
Accuracy 14.2
Additional DMG 255

Not sure if I put that on my Rogue or on Greysoul (When I get him)

absolutely no one coming up for matching in myth komodo fairy
cry.gif

Komodo fairy can go fuck itself. I hate all the shit players in myth deus raid.

No crit rogue? Why the fuck is he even playing?

Also, some shit players like this shit priest called Darkaheal that doesn't even use any active skills.

Also, some shit players like this shit priest called Darkaheal that doesn't even use any active skills.

I hate them too, but to be fair, when you're levelling an alt, chances are you already have fully powered up allies and as a result your main character suffers. I main'ed a warrior, everyone is decked out in fully upgraded Myth Blazing gear, but I started leevlling up a rogue. he's 55 now, almost through myth, and his gear is complete shit because the allies carry him. But I still need to clear those raids at least once for the first-time ruby rewards. One solution is to give him gear that is farmed by my main, and I do that to some extent, but now my main is 60 already and my rogue is still just 55. So my main is doing the new raid and not getting level 55 gear.

So ultimately, I just want to clear DC and DDC once, get the reward, and then level him up to 60 and give him gear from new raid.

I agree it sucks, but the system is designed in such a way that some players are definitely going to be shit because it's an alt.

Vitanimus

all I need is one win ;_; all i've met so far is bots which die pretty quick, and i'm not wasting revives on them.

KimChi

Accuracy +17.7
Critical Rate 12.7
Defense Penetration 23.6
Lightning Damage 155.1

Other is

Critical Damage 31.9
Accuracy 14.2
All Resist 6.4
Holy Damage 137

Which one should I use? The top one seems best for a possible Ascended Deathcrown. I think Critical Damage is pointless for Allies because its difficult enough to get the critical rate up.

And I got a pretty nice dagger I think, from the Raid.

Critical Rate Inc 15.9
Weapon ATK Inc 175
Accuracy 14.2
Additional DMG 255
Of the 2 shields the first one is better since crit damage is meh like you say concerning crit rate on allies, but for shields in general they are both pretty bad. I have a Sta,Str,Def,Boss damage shield on my byron I'd just prefer adding more hp, and def on a tank first and then accuracy would be nice too if its on the same shield, whatever else would be a bonus, thats just me though regarding shield stats.

You could just keep the shields until you get a better shield or another SSS equip so you can just feed em to it unless you really need to use it then just equip the better one for now.

For the dagger I think prioritizing crit damage for greysoul is better because of his ridiculous passive when he kills an enemy(+79 crit rate, +212 crit damage), crit rate could be useful too but there are diminishing returns on stats right? so up to you on that. Both crit rate and crit damage would maybe be perfect.
If your rogue needs the crit rate then putting that on him would be fine too, its a pretty good dagger.

I hate them too, but to be fair, when you're levelling an alt, chances are you already have fully powered up allies and as a result your main character suffers. I main'ed a warrior, everyone is decked out in fully upgraded Myth Blazing gear, but I started leevlling up a rogue. he's 55 now, almost through myth, and his gear is complete shit because the allies carry him. But I still need to clear those raids at least once for the first-time ruby rewards. One solution is to give him gear that is farmed by my main, and I do that to some extent, but now my main is 60 already and my rogue is still just 55. So my main is doing the new raid and not getting level 55 gear.

So ultimately, I just want to clear DC and DDC once, get the reward, and then level him up to 60 and give him gear from new raid.

I agree it sucks, but the system is designed in such a way that some players are definitely going to be shit because it's an alt.

Except that is their main character.

With raids, I don't bother trying to get into raids with an alt that I'm powerleveling until it is fully equipped.

There are ways to play this game properly with respect for other people but these fuckers are just pieces of trash.

Except that is their main character.

With raids, I don't bother trying to get into raids with an alt that I'm powerleveling until it is fully equipped.

There are ways to play this game properly with respect for other people but these fuckers are just pieces of trash.

If it weren't for the ruby rewards I would agree with you, but it's like 400 worth of rubies, so I can see why people are too tempted by it and just try to squeeze through with someone carrying them.

In any case, if it's their main character or they're not even using skills, then yea that is bullshit.

vato_loco

Before I do something stupid. The 10+2 is still alive, right? It said something about it being around until 8/2.

So how do I get that? Do I just do 10 ruby summons and I get the +2 as a reward?

Yaari

Before I do something stupid. The 10+2 is still alive, right? It said something about it being around until 8/2.

So how do I get that? Do I just do 10 ruby summons and I get the +2 as a reward?

It's there, and you get them in the mail after you claim them in GM reward I think.

So do you get Ruby rewards for leveling up an alt char?

No just for raid bosses and some other specific quests. It's a nice amount of Rubies if you make it to 55 or 60, but that;s quite a long road.
At this point I wouldn't do it anymore. I prefer farming stages that yield Essences.

Shouta

yeah, the counter is in the monthly rewards tab. Just fill it up to 10 and you can claim your two. It'll count multiples too. So I did 20 yesterday so it gave me 4 allies.

Top Bottom