• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

vato_loco

yeah, the counter is in the monthly rewards tab. Just fill it up to 10 and you can claim your two. It'll count multiples too. So I did 20 yesterday so it gave me 4 allies.
Awesome, I'll do that right now. Hopefully I'll get an SS that I can use to upgrade two SS for my very first SSS that I wasn't handed via gift.

Chaos17

How long after initial release of the game did they get season 2?

The first news about content of season 1 was : 2014.02.17
I don't know if there was any pre-registration news, I ddidn't browse through season 1 news to know about that so I will assume that the first news was the launch of the game.

Season 2 launched : 2014.07.11

So season 1 and 2 were like 5 months appart from each other.

The first news about content of season 1 was : 2014.02.17
I don't know if there was any pre-registration news, I ddidn't browse through season 1 news to know about that so I will assume that the first news was the launch of the game.

Season 2 launched : 2014.07.11

So season 1 and 2 were like 5 months appart from each other.

And for us it was 2 months apart. So I guess they are moving about 60% faster for us? If that's true, then I guess we would see new area 3 weeks after start of season 2. Hopefully anyway

Uthred

Was reading some posts about popular builds in the Korean version of the game where players put 0 into a number of the main skills e.g. Magnify priests with 0 in Heal and Guidance, Meteor Mages with 0 in sheep and fire seal, etc. Anyone experimented with this? I suppose if you dont have the other skills your main skill will come out faster? Hard to compare I suppose as the Korean version is quite far ahead

Limit

I feel like such a monster when the character capture bonus round happens and the character usually has an innocent dialogue like "Hey there fella, haven't seen you around here before" and then one second later; cue unleashing hell up it. Turn it into a goat, make the sky red with a meteor shower, stabby stuff, rain of arrows, etc. They don't even fight back; they just take it all. And then five seconds later, driven by stockholm syndrome, they agree to join you.

Honestly they aren't even going to join your team. They are just going to be fed to one of your main party members.

The world of dragon blaze is so cruel.

Chaos17

Anyone who has a Belle snow or a Flame wizard keep her close to you.
Because rumour said they're part of summoner class and with them you will be able to ascend into that special class.
And the third race of Ascended allies has a summoner who can summon ascended allies! (the creepy ghotic lolita girl)
Source : http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/983344

Was reading some posts about popular builds in the Korean version of the game where players put 0 into a number of the main skills e.g. Magnify priests with 0 in Heal and Guidance, Meteor Mages with 0 in sheep and fire seal, etc. Anyone experimented with this? I suppose if you dont have the other skills your main skill will come out faster? Hard to compare I suppose as the Korean version is quite far ahead

My friend had the bad luck to experience it recently with a priest ally and... that was really bad... she had 0 heal so my friend died on a boss :p

Damn I'm stupid. I didn't realize that you can only get the rapport ruby bonus once on each character, period. I thought it was once every time you made it to 100 rapport regardless. I also didn't know, until I opened my eyes last night, that the game shows you who you've already collected the bonus for.

I'd been using C rank characters just to boost them to 100 rapport, that I already collected the bonus for. >_<

JigsawX

Because rumour said they're part of summoner class and with them you will be able to ascend into that special class.
And the third race of Ascended allies has a summoner who can summon ascended allies! (the creepy ghotic lolita girl)

My friend had the bad luck to experience it recently with a priest ally and... that was really bad... she had 0 heal so my friend died on a boss :p

Well that hurts a bit, I had the Spark Wizard Ann (whom also has the Phoenix Inovation) and I fused to my Bloodwind :(

Uthred

Decided to switch over to using A's to rank up my SS guy's as I have a maxed set of SSS for my main party and want more fodder. Was expecting it to be much quicker, on my first attempt it took 7 A's to get one rank, clearly I've angered the RNG gods ;)

Edit: Used that twitch code and some rubies to buy enough fodder to get that SSS to max, combined, got a dupe Turq...well played Dragon Blaze, well played

arevin01

Decided to switch over to using A's to rank up my SS guy's as I have a maxed set of SSS for my main party and want more fodder. Was expecting it to be much quicker, on my first attempt it took 7 A's to get one rank, clearly I've angered the RNG gods ;)

Edit: Used that twitch code and some rubies to buy enough fodder to get that SSS to max, combined, got a dupe Turq...well played Dragon Blaze, well played

Its wiser to mix As and Cs so you don't waste all your As.

KimChi

Thanks for the codes cpp, that was such a garbage way to raffle 300 rubies lol.
edit:eek:h thought cpp posted all the codes, here they are for each region, just got it from twitch chat at the time.
30 Rubies Codes:
Americas Server: TWITCHDBUS0724
SEA Server: TWITCHDBSEA0724
EU Server: TWITCHDBEU0724
100 Raid Tickets:
Americas Server: USDBWB0724
SEA Server: SEADBWB0724
EU Server: EUDBWB0724
Premium Ally Summon Rewards:
Americas Server: USGUILDDB0724
SEA Server: SEAGUILDDB0724
EU Server: EUGUILDDB0724

Uthred

Its wiser to mix As and Cs so you don't waste all your As.

Usually I would try and mix it up a bit, but A's were all I had left and figured that with 25% I "had" to get him skilled up, no excuse for not knowing better, but sometimes you just want to get that unit maxed

Yaari

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Let's give the same people 5 chances to win, what the hell. Lol. I should stop watching because it just pisses me off when they do their raffles. It's not like I was going to win anyway but when they pull those tricks its even worse. At least make it fair.

Combined my Viri away, got a SSS Mer. The shit-tier train keeps on rolling.
I really have to get a SSS Rogue one of these days as the Greysoul Essences are in the lead with 4, haha.

KimChi

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Let's give the same people 5 chances to win, what the hell. Lol. I should stop watching because it just pisses me off when they do their raffles. It's not like I was going to win anyway but when they pull those tricks its even worse. At least make it fair.

Combined my Viri away, got a SSS Mer. The shit-tier train keeps on rolling.
I really have to get a SSS Rogue one of these days as the Greysoul Essences are in the lead with 4, haha.

The whole tier thing they have that one guy beat in world boss should just give all rewards too -_-
They could've had people in chat type a keyword and randomly select people that way to be actually fair about it but oh wells.

Spider thicket has been giving me a bunch of B allies today too, will be making use of that ally enhance boost.

Ventara

Man, I am really having bad luck with enhancing. I was running out of room so I decided to fuse some Cs into an S, and I think this is the 3rd time in a row that I've used 10+ Cs per enhance. Crazy.

arevin01

Man, I am really having bad luck with enhancing. I was running out of room so I decided to fuse some Cs into an S, and I think this is the 3rd time in a row that I've used 10+ Cs per enhance. Crazy.

I wouldn't follow the guide and just use Cs. For starters, allies are very limited so buff the % with the occasional Bs or As if you must.

Ventara

I wouldn't follow the guide and just use Cs. For starters, allies are very limited so buff the % with the occasional Bs or As if you must.

Nah, the guide's pretty solid. Just bad luck. Someone did the calculations and it's roughly 6 units/enhance. Last 3 enhances have been over twice that. Here's hoping that this bad streak will end tonight with the buff.

Pejo

And Belle Snow just keeps getting better and better. So glad I got her.

zanyu

So during the stream they talked about the new friend system and SS, but they also said "It's a free SS every reset if you keep up." Or something along those lines.

Did he just goof that up or do I really have to invite 40 new friends a week and receive SS ally.

While it would be awesome, god damn this will be tedious as fuck.

edit:eek:h thought cpp posted all the codes, here they are for each region, just got it from twitch chat at the time.

Yea that wheel shit was stupid, like wtf. And that guy joe, does he even play the game? At one point he said maybe you can sell your draco essences if you need money. Like what?

So during the stream they talked about the new friend system and SS, but they also said "It's a free SS every reset if you keep up." Or something along those lines.

Did he just goof that up or do I really have to invite 40 new friends a week and receive SS ally.

While it would be awesome, god damn this will be tedious as fuck.

He said it right, but you can invite the SAME 40 ppl. They should still be on your friends list just reinvite them

Einbroch

Banned
Yea that wheel shit was stupid, like wtf. And that guy joe, does he even play the game? At one point he said maybe you can sell your draco essences if you need money. Like what?

Hmm? You can. For 10k.

If you have an ultimate Draco or don't see an immediate use for one (you're weeks and weeks away), sell them.

That way you can buy rubies and get more later $$$$$$$$$

Yaari

He also got the reward for beating the new raid boss.. pretty much confirmed he didn't even bother checking it out.

I don't like the hosts. But even worse is the chat going nuts over the guy asking him to cosplay and shit. Wtf is the audience of this game, lol.

Hmm? You can. For 10k.

If you have an ultimate Draco or don't see an immediate use for one (you're weeks and weeks away), sell them.

That way you can buy rubies and get more later $$$$$$$$$

Yea, but why? He acted like its something a person might consider doing if they needed gold. And then the producer mentioned buying gold with rubies. All kinds of wtf. Sure if you have that draco maxed, but he didn't really hint at that, he just said if you need gold sell them

Kalavaras

Banned
I still dont understand those buyer bonuses that reset each month. Are they those annoying popups or do I buy rubies from the store to get a bonus?

If it weren't for the ruby rewards I would agree with you, but it's like 400 worth of rubies, so I can see why people are too tempted by it and just try to squeeze through with someone carrying them.

In any case, if it's their main character or they're not even using skills, then yea that is bullshit.

I can wait for the ruby rewards. Those aren't going anywhere at all. It is simply bad manners to let greed dictate objectives.

Anyway, I splurged on the B10G2 thing just now and combined for a Spark Wizard Ann. Apparently, she's a non-hero clone/variant of my Whay.

I now have 2 phoenix casters and they are absolutely destroying everything in chapter 2. :D

I was able to max out Whay from +7 and only got Ann to +2. Been sort of split between trying to max Ann and Tyran.

I also got 3 Draco Bloodwind Essences and 1 Draco Deathcrown Essence while farming Spider 9 for exp and armor.

StuffRuff

So I just pulled King Byron from premium ruby summon. Seems like my luck really has changed since moving back to EU lol (I know it's all RNG but still)

Should I max him asap? I get the impression he really is that good. I'm not even into combining for SSS yet so I figure I should throw some ally's his way for now.

So I just pulled King Byron from premium ruby summon. Seems like my luck really has changed since moving back to EU lol (I know it's all RNG but still)

Should I max him asap? I get the impression he really is that good. I'm not even into combining for SSS yet so I figure I should throw some ally's his way for now.

Byron is a better tank than Tyran the scrub. Byron is a HERO and a PIRATE. Tyran is just a scrub; an evolved scrub of Abyss King but still a scrub. :p

If he is your only SSS tank at the moment, definitely see if you can slowly enhance him. If he isn't, it might be a good idea to expand your SSS ally list.

StuffRuff

Byron is a better tank than Tyron the scrub. Byron is a HERO and a PIRATE. Tyran is just a scrub; an evolved scrub of Abyss King but still a scrub. :p

If he is your only SSS tank at the moment, definitely see if you can slowly enhance him. If he isn't, it might be a good idea to expand your SSS ally list.

Ok thanks for the advice :)

Ok thanks for the advice :)

Most +0 SSS units have better basic stats than most equivalent +MAX SS units.

Maxing an SSS can be pretty costly so try to do it in phases, like aim for +3 then +6 then +MAX. This strategy has worked really well for me, more so because of the ally enhance failure buff.

The other thing is that having more SSS allies gives you the ability to steamroll through most story stages up to Myth Castle Entrance or so. More so if your allies are maxed. There's one guy here who was able to steamroll all the way through most of Myth with nothing but his DPS SSS units before hitting the Myth Castle wall.

2 new codes
Shoes > ALLYLIKEEU71 - ALLYLIKEUS71 - ALLYLIKESEA71
Prenium Ally > EUDBBOSS0724

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3ehyv4/twitch_codes/

Edit : I just had an unstuff lvl 58 in my raid of Death crown in Myth, she died 3 times then left.
Really, what's the point to rush lvling if you are so unstuff dude.

Failed again Death crown because I was the only with scrolls...

Premium Ally for US is: USDBBOSS0724

I tried the US variant for kicks and it worked.

Just a heads up, ALLYLIKEUS71 does NOT WORK.

Also, shit retards in raid are fucking annoying. I was just bitching about it in the previous page.

Top Bottom