• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Sciel

One thing i love about this patch is that the stats on items aren't usually completely rubbish.

I got a nice bow + quiver from the 60 raid today for my Bloodwind.

57c3400c10.jpg

Yaari

One thing i love about this patch is that the stats on items aren't usually completely rubbish.

I got a nice bow + quiver from the 60 raid today for my Bloodwind.

57c3400c10.jpg

Hows Bloodwind with your Sheep mage?

Question about upgrading these Draco units. Does every attempt at an upgrade, take an Essence? Because I was pretty sure I had 2, and then when I failed an attempt, I managed +1.

Does the Essence go if you fail, did I perhaps only have 1 to begin with. I'm confused now.

Sciel

I haven't GB-ed much since 60 tbh lol. In the few runs i've had....bloodwind has annihilated everything aha.

And yup, every attempt takes 1 essence. Its gone if you fail.

Yaari

Was at the new Raid boss just now, 2 SSS Rogue daggers dropped in a row. I got the second one. Pretty lucky.

Greysoul would like that bonus they give.

Yaari

I've got 400 tickets, saving for the 100% buff at noon

Yeah I'm torn between raid boss or running Labyrinth so I can get Bloodwind on Tuesday. (Need 2 mil).

Edit: This Spider stage pissing me off. I've had the boss appear 3 times now in the "Ally" sequence and obviously he's not in the game. So this stage offers "B"' at best.
You all running this still?

Yeah I'm torn between raid boss or running Labyrinth so I can get Bloodwind on Tuesday. (Need 2 mil).

Edit: This Spider stage pissing me off. I've had the boss appear 3 times now in the "Ally" sequence and obviously he's not in the game. So this stage offers "B"' at best.

I have enough fodder for mine, but not crazy about spending 500 rubies just on essences (300 to deify and more to enhance). Thinking about getting to +ultimate then just working on limit breaking my other guys while I continue to farm essences

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah I'm 500k gold from getting Bloodwind, so I'll be farming that for today.

Chaos17

Farming Deus Death crown raid is bad for my heart.
Even with a decent team the boss can decide to one shoot 3 people at one because reason. I don't count the number of scrolls that I used today.

Here's the correct shoes code that isn't working for people. This one should work.

Americas: ALLYLIKEUS63
Asia: ALLYLIKE54
Europe: ALLYLIKEEU71

Ventara

WR6NZpz.gif

I did not burn my tickets for nothing

If it's any consolation, the purple/orange stuff you collect there will come in handy for enhancing the new stuff in S2. I had also spent an unnecessarily long time grinding that raid, and all the lv 50 orange equipment I had collected is making good enhancement fodder.

Limit

All hail RNGesus! Finally got a SSS priest in the form of porin. Viri has served me well. But it's on to greener pastures. It feels good to have an all SSS team even though the real OP team these days is an all ascended team.

That day will come. Slowly. But surely.

Uthred

Glad I spent all my rubies on pulls because I'd be tempted to get an XP potion otherwise, even with +50% xp on at the moment grinding to 60 is taking forever (I suppose I could pay attention and do a higher XP stage, but spider boss makes it less tedious by not making me pay attention)

sensui-tomo

All hail RNGesus! Finally got a SSS priest in the form of porin. Viri has served me well. But it's on to greener pastures. It feels good to have an all SSS team even though the real OP team these days is an all ascended team.

That day will come. Slowly. But surely.

Congrats,
Thats right guys, i'm finally back.

Just spent about 200 tix on raids during the 100% bonus. Got 8 reds, so overall a big success for me. Most are a step down since i was using myth blazing+max with set bonuses, but i went ahead and equipped them anyway because they should surpass the others after a few upgrades. My Gram now has close to 40k HP, time to give Labyrinth another try

Man, 60 shoes used and 0 essences. Really sucks. I thought about using rubies to refill shoes, but it occurred to me that with the drop rate so low, you'd actually probably spend *more* rubies that way than if you just bought the essences directly.

I'm ok with making stuff rare and hard to obtain, but I don't think it's good game design to make a drop rate so low like this, because it just leaves people with a bad feeling when they feel they're making no progress. For example, they could have made the drop rate 4x higher, but then increased the number of required essences by 4x as well, and decreased the ruby cost of essences by 4x. Mathematically equivalent, but at least then people feel like they're making progress.

Limit

For me progress is just getting another ally drop. With the higher the ranking the better you feel. If essences were the only thing standing between me and an ascended unit then I would be singing a different song. But right now I am far away from that being an issue. Exactly 5 SSS units away, to be more precise.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Making my bloodwind now but really think that an ultimate archer would serve me better than an unenhanced bloodwind. Can't enhance him yet :\

Uthred

I need to create (and max) another 18 SS units to combine to make the SSS units I need to ascend three units, and thats just to get them to ascended status, never mind levelling them up. At least the ally rate up events help a bit with that. Still, gonna be a long road, then again I suppose once you have a group of maxed out ascended you are "done" for quite a long time

Making my bloodwind now but really think that an ultimate archer would serve me better than an unenhanced bloodwind. Can't enhance him yet :\

Ive been wondering about that as well, whether its worth it to ascend as soon as possible or wait until you have some fodder to upgrade your ascended units a bit before "destroying" your old maxed unit. I suppose it depends on the unit youre using

Honestly, don't make him yet. Wait until you have at least 6-7 more essences.

Edit: Yay, it's 6PM. Time to blow my remaining 170 tickets on raids.

Yaari

Went 3 hours and only got a single Essence, Deathcrown. I'm at 6 now. Considering I've only been handed bad tanks, I might just go for him. It won't cost me any Rubies at this rate, and it will keep me satisfied while I chase down more SSS fodder.

Went 3 hours and only got a single Essence, Deathcrown. I'm at 6 now. Considering I've only been handed bad tanks, I might just go for him. It won't cost me any Rubies at this rate, and it will keep me satisfied while I chase down more SSS fodder.

Yea I'm actually wishing I hadn't dumped 3 SSS into Farq in hopes of getting Bloodwind. Instead just see who the first person to get 10 essences is, and ascend them. I've got 1 Bloodwind essence and 4 Brightspark essences :(

Pakman

Making my bloodwind now but really think that an ultimate archer would serve me better than an unenhanced bloodwind. Can't enhance him yet :

Yeah I wouldn't ascend him until you got enough to enhance him somewhat. I didn't bother till I felt I had enough S fodder to max him.

On another note I got lucky with my blackaria last night. Succeeded 6 + enhancements with her in a row using S fodder. Only took me 10 S units to max her.

Used about 300 tickets today on raids during the 100% buff and really got some good upgrades. I had some streaks where I got almost nothing for a really long time, including a 120 ticket streak of nothing but orange and below, but on my very last 2 tickets, literally, I finally got a red which brought me up to a 4 set bonus on my main. Overall I think I netted about 8 or 9 reds, and I can auto-battle Labyrinth all the way up to round 29 now. I really hope to be able to clear round 30 soon, it seems like if you can clear round 30, you're guaranteed a spot in top 50.

Yaari

First run of the day gave me a Brightspark Essence. So far Brightspark and Deathcrown are in the lead. But no sure which one I'd go with.
I think my team would benefit most, from a strong DPS unit.

Edit: Third run of the day a Deathcrown Essence. Lucky. That's 8.

Limit

Through sheer willpower, timing, and a bit of luck, I managed to finally conquer crystal palace without any tank in my team. The full (almost full) dps team keeps on chugging along.

Now back to the spider boss for essence farming and level gaining.

Top Bottom