• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

KimChi

Gotta say, it feels good to be good at *something*. /cry Although for some reason I find my Gram being the hero of Labyrinth and not my warrior, even though my warrior has a ton more defense.

It could be the chance of skill disable on gram's auto attack + invincibility I guess :p
Im just hoping the warrior's passives and taunt can help keep party alive longer for labyrinth, sheep mage is great but when you reach around wave 29-30 which is what I am stuck at, she goes down in 1hit even at full health.
I also got the SS version of tiel, Knight Kai from the free SS we got for logging in 28days. Surprisingly it has the invincibility skill too so might swap it out with abyss king for my labyrinth party after gearing her up .

It could be the chance of skill disable on gram's auto attack + invincibility I guess :p
Im just hoping the warrior's passives and taunt can help keep party alive longer for labyrinth, sheep mage is great but when you reach around wave 29-30 which is what I am stuck at, she goes down in 1hit even at full health.
I also got the SS version of tiel, Knight Kai from the free SS we got for logging in 28days. Surprisingly it has the invincibility skill too so might swap it out with abyss king for my labyrinth party after gearing her up .

When I clear round 30, everyone still goes down in 1 hit, but Gram can sit there and eat blows for a good 30 seconds with no healing, which is enough time for revive scrolls to come back off of cooldown. So then what I do is wait for Karang to use his full screen AoE where the wind flies across the screen, and when that is done I raise everyone, and they all unleash their strongest abilities, then die again a few seconds later. Rinse / repeat until round 30 is dead. So it's not really the taunt or the passives that allow me to survive round 30, it's just a combination of Gram's invincible + high def and high hp. My main warrior has 8.9%+76.0% def rate, and Gram has 43.8% + 32.7% DEF rate.

I currently have two SSS only: Captain Fulson (which seems to do a crapton of single damage) and... uh... Dark Assassin Percy. I'm not entirely sure if he's good or not, but at least he doesn't die in Arena or in Story, so that's something I guess.

I can't advance so far in Story mostly because I don't have a healer in my team. As in, not one. 2 SSS and 3 SS, but my only healer is a friggin' S Happy Porto. Oh wait, I messed up and used it as fodder. So no healer at all.

I'm also using most of my fodder to enhance SS that are not even my main team, in order to get another SSS, which I'm not convinced it's the best idea ever but I'm almost there so I might as well roll with it.

Lastly, I'm having the WORST luck getting equipment on raids, so my main team has crap.

I'm not playing this game very well...

If you have a character slot open, you probably want to make a Priest. In your case, I think you may want an ultimate heal priest.

So when I deify her, she wouldnt just turn into Draco Brightspark?

Depends on the item that you use. Please refer to the spreadsheet that my friend transliterated. That spreadsheet is the situation in S3, where the individual Draco essences have been merged into a single item (or group).

Replaying the story on my Priest, it still baffles me that all it took to kill Mercedes was King Gram pushing her aside, lol.

image.php

The human body is pretty fragile. Gram is also in his full suit of armor and knocking Mercedes away like that is like getting hit by a truck. Good examples are the professional sumo wrestlers. All that mass is actually very terrifying to get slapped with.

/physics

KimChi

When I clear round 30, everyone still goes down in 1 hit, but Gram can sit there and eat blows for a good 30 seconds with no healing, which is enough time for revive scrolls to come back off of cooldown. So then what I do is wait for Karang to use his full screen AoE where the wind flies across the screen, and when that is done I raise everyone, and they all unleash their strongest abilities, then die again a few seconds later. Rinse / repeat until round 30 is dead. So it's not really the taunt or the passives that allow me to survive round 30, it's just a combination of Gram's invincible + high def and high hp. My main warrior has 8.9%+76.0% def rate, and Gram has 43.8% + 32.7% DEF rate.

Oh yea I know taunt and passive on warrior wont do all the work but any increase to def for the party could be nice, either way I'm set on leveling a warrior alt for the hell of it even if it doesn't end up being very helpful for labyrinth party.

My Byron is sitting at 43.6% + 34.7% def rate, he will survive awhile like your gram and ill wait on revive scrolls after the aoe from karang but it isnt enough to survive and beat the wave. I think getting a better dps to replace windlune would help more and getting kai for an extra invincibility ally could do it, well see when I gear her up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Protip I just learned about today. This will help you find the exact amount you need to level your Draco to in order for it to be equivalent to your SSS+ULTIMATE. i.e. it gives you a method for determining exactly how many essences you need before you should ascend.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3ex9f7/protip_view_stats_of_upgraded_enemies_without/

Cool tip, I'll have to check it out. After playing with my Bloodwind a few days, I'm in the camp that says you should ascend ASAP because it's just fun to play these these units.

Vitanimus

junglefury is such a drag to do for SSS equip. :( especially when no one runs it so you get stuck with rookies. even worse is its continual lightning attacks means I die from being revived before casting a heal spell. :((

Ventara

junglefury is such a drag to do for SSS equip. :( especially when no one runs it so you get stuck with rookies. even worse is its continual lightning attacks means I die from being revived before casting a heal spell. :((

Don't do Junglefury. Try to push through with what you have, and if it's not enough, farm Storm Tyrant.

niosh

Banned
I can't advance so far in Story mostly because I don't have a healer in my team. As in, not one. 2 SSS and 3 SS, but my only healer is a friggin' S Happy Porto. Oh wait, I messed up and used it as fodder. So no healer at all.

One thing I learned early is to use the protect feature on any ally you want to hold onto. Its the little shield icon on the top left of an ally when selecting your allies. It's saved me a number of times from accidentally using an ally as fodder.

Uthred

I know its a common complaint, but Phoenix has re-ignited my irritation with people too cheap/stupid to use scrolls.

New Tier list available.
Like any tier list, I take it with a grain of salt (team dynamic matters a lot more than tier standing) but this one looks to be a lot more accurate that the old lists out there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x-1Hmik38SvgohRRR_8mt7O1IR3cSAngy50C730KKEU

That list does seem to match popular sentiment anyway, I think they should include the ascended units in the main list though. As an aside am I the only one who thinks "Meta" is a stupid name for a tier?

commish

That feeling you get when everyone gets an orange or red item in a red and you get the blue.

Pejo

One thing I learned early is to use the protect feature on any ally you want to hold onto. Its the little shield icon on the top left of an ally when selecting your allies. It's saved me a number of times from accidentally using an ally as fodder.

Ho Lee Shit. I never ever even noticed that shield until I read this. Man that would have saved me some heartbreaking moments. Thanks for this tip.

commish

New Tier list available.
Like any tier list, I take it with a grain of salt (team dynamic matters a lot more than tier standing) but this one looks to be a lot more accurate that the old lists out there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x-1Hmik38SvgohRRR_8mt7O1IR3cSAngy50C730KKEU

I don't agree with some of these positions, but then again, I didn't get with some of the positions of units in the old lists as well.

Do we know if buffs stack? If I have 2 allies that give 15% to defense for team, does that mean it's 30% to defense?

Pejo

I don't agree with some of these positions, but then again, I didn't get with some of the positions of units in the old lists as well.

Do we know if buffs stack? If I have 2 allies that give 15% to defense for team, does that mean it's 30% to defense?

Fairly sure at least most buffs stack. You can see and count the little icons above your character. When I was running with Belle Snow and Pearla, I had 2 little attack symbols above my party's heads.

Einbroch

Banned

Yes, they stack. Whether it's 30% in your example or 32.25% (multiplicative), dunno. But don't forget all defensive stats have diminishing returns.

commish

Okay, great, thanks guys. I often run Ari and Patta together, so I want to make sure I'm getting that 27% defense buff.

goober

Question for your DoD rogues, what is your build like?

Also, I'm trying to upgrade my Deathcrowns gear to see if its worth upgrading. He currently has +7540 HP with current gear.

That includes:
Max HP 1404 + 982
STA 38 + 26
Max HP increase 1474 with the set bonus.

That adds up to +5908 HP. Where does the other 1632 HP come from? I checked his card in the folio and there isn't any passive that increases his HP or STA. No accessory equipped either. His card increases his STR and Crit Damage.

zanyu

I am super salty.

*Sigh*

I tried really hard to get top 10 this week, and burned a large # of rubies.

I regret going in not prepared. Honestly getting top 10 is more realistic one or two ways:

1) You blow your rubies on the first day, and just farm out 25k+ the first day.
2) You have a team that can beat more than half the team that will reach top 70.

What actually held me back from getting top 10 was the fact that I could only face 3-5 people that I can beat in the top 70, so refreshing my opponent list became extremely time consuming.

I keep going back and forth if I should go back to my mage or stick with my warrior. But the thing is I enjoy my warrior quite a bit because I am actually more inclined to play on manual than auto.

Oh side-note/tip: You can respec now to remove the 1 point from the first skill. I need to get the gear to support my spec, but my new spec is better

With my new spec, I actually fully believe that my spec offers more damage than the regular rage rush build.

For my regular skills: 0-11-0
11 being shield slam ult.

Passives: 10-0-9-6

So the reason why I believe that this build can offer more damage is because the last passive for warriors is that at full rage, you gain a passive damage increase. As far as a 1 shot ko, rage rush can be really strong at full rage and with the passive. But overall I don't think you'll gain enough rage (if you're using rage rush on cooldown) so it'll never be as strong aside from your first rage rush start that you got from an accessory bonus (max rage)

Easy to test since it should apply the buff even on the ally screen for passives, so you can read the numbers

goober

I am super salty.

Oh side-note/tip: You can respec now to remove the 1 point from the first skill. I need to get the gear to support my spec, but my new spec is better

With my new spec, I actually fully believe that my spec offers more damage than the regular rage rush build.

So the reason why I believe that this build can offer more damage is because the last passive for warriors is that at full rage, you gain a passive damage increase. As far as a 1 shot ko, rage rush can be really strong at full rage and with the passive. But overall I don't think you'll gain enough rage (if you're using rage rush on cooldown) so it'll never be as strong aside from your first rage rush start that you got from an accessory bonus (max rage)

You have to spend the 100 rubies to get rid of the one point in the first skill? They should have done that with the free reset.

Pejo

Question for your DoD rogues, what is your build like

Mine's 1 / 10+U / 6
10 / 0 / 7 / 5

I was having acc problems for a while, so I went with the 3rd passive a bit more than most. I still haven't found any good Acc accessories, so I'm happy with the build.

Question for your DoD rogues, what is your build like?

Also, I'm trying to upgrade my Deathcrowns gear to see if its worth upgrading. He currently has +7540 HP with current gear.

That includes:
Max HP 1404 + 982
STA 38 + 26
Max HP increase 1474 with the set bonus.

That adds up to +5908 HP. Where does the other 1632 HP come from? I checked his card in the folio and there isn't any passive that increases his HP or STA. No accessory equipped either. His card increases his STR and Crit Damage.

2 / 10+U / 2
10 / 0 / 8 / 6

Once I get a good set of gear that has sufficient crit rate on gear alone, I will respect and drop Piercing Gaze. Only really need about 40% crit rate, beyond that you should be going for crit damage and weapon atk. If you can get that 40% from gear, then you are better off dropping piercing gaze.

Uthred

Combined and got Tiel, on the one hand I'm happy because they seem to be a top tier tank, on the other it means another SSS I have to keep around as opposed to using for fodder ;)

Edit: Not so happy now, terrible run on enhancements, dont think I got a single +1 without racking up ~+40%, goodbye all my A and S units

Cybolt

I am super salty.

*Sigh*

I tried really hard to get top 10 this week, and burned a large # of rubies.

I regret going in not prepared. Honestly getting top 10 is more realistic one or two ways:

1) You blow your rubies on the first day, and just farm out 25k+ the first day.
2) You have a team that can beat more than half the team that will reach top 70.

What actually held me back from getting top 10 was the fact that I could only face 3-5 people that I can beat in the top 70, so refreshing my opponent list became extremely time consuming.

I keep going back and forth if I should go back to my mage or stick with my warrior. But the thing is I enjoy my warrior quite a bit because I am actually more inclined to play on manual than auto.

As a fellow rank 11, I know how you feel. Watching the scores get increasingly higher when you can only face 1 team with even a chance of winning sucks. That and by the end, you can usually tell who is climbing or not and there's little you can do if uh spend all your time refreshing while they stomp all over you and more.

Yaari

#11 is harsh. I'd be pretty pissed about that. I do agree that day 1-3 or so is your best shot. After that it gets ridiculously difficult to find suitable opponents. I dropped out early because I knew it was going to get messy.

Them handing out 100 tickets might make it more difficult too, after all some have more issues turning those into Arena points than others do.

I want to get top 10 someday but it will probably be delayed until I get myself a team that can do well even late in the event.

Edit: Question;

Freya is MAX+3. I'm waiting for the 30% Enhance discount. I need her to get to Draco Deathcrown, and I have 1,4mil.
Do you guys think it is enough?

#11 is harsh. I'd be pretty pissed about that. I do agree that day 1-3 or so is your best shot. After that it gets ridiculously difficult to find suitable opponents. I dropped out early because I knew it was going to get messy.

Them handing out 100 tickets might make it more difficult too, after all some have more issues turning those into Arena points than others do.

I want to get top 10 someday but it will probably be delayed until I get myself a team that can do well even late in the event.

Edit: Question;

Freya is MAX+3. I'm waiting for the 30% Enhance discount. I need her to get to Draco Deathcrown, and I have 1,4mil.

+3 to +4 is 738k, +4 to ULT is 800k. Combined, after 30% discount you're looking at 1,076k, leaving you with 324k. The question is whether there is a cost to deify. If there is, it had better be less than 462k, otherwise you will need more.

commish

+3 to +4 is 738k, +4 to ULT is 800k. Combined, after 30% discount you're looking at 1,076k, leaving you with 324k. The question is whether there is a cost to deify. If there is, it had better be less than 462k, otherwise you will need more.

800k to deify.

Yaari

Thanks. I'll run some Library to be sure then I guess. I want my Deathcrown already.

niosh

Banned

Taking into account the 30% discount (and rounding up)

Max+3 to +4 = 560k (normally just under 800k)
Max+4 to Ultamite = 700k (normally just under 1mil)

So technically you have enough to take her to Ultimate but Deify is 800k and is immune to the 30% discount.
So you need about 700k more or 2.1mil total.

Top Bottom