• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Rurunaki

Combined and got Tiel, on the one hand I'm happy because they seem to be a top tier tank, on the other it means another SSS I have to keep around as opposed to using for fodder ;)

Edit: Not so happy now, terrible run on enhancements, dont think I got a single +1 without racking up ~+40%, goodbye all my A and S units

Tiel has an exclusive Angel Deify coming up. So happy that I got her as well.

Meh. I've gotten 6 Blackaria, 6 Brightspark, and 6 Deathcrown essences, but I don't really want to upgrade any of them. Only have 2 Greysoul and Bloodwind essences. It seems like the game really wants me to upgrade one of the other 3, but at the moment what I really need is heavy DPS. I look at Brightspark and she doesn't look all that great unless I'm missing something.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Meh. I've gotten 6 Blackaria, 6 Brightspark, and 6 Deathcrown essences, but I don't really want to upgrade any of them. Only have 2 Greysoul and Bloodwind essences. It seems like the game really wants me to upgrade one of the other 3, but at the moment what I really need is heavy DPS. I look at Brightspark and she doesn't look all that great unless I'm missing something.

I have about 7 of greysoul, Blackaria and Brightspark each.

I have 0 SSS rogues, priests or mages.

I have 1 DC essence.

I have 934 SSS warriors.

I MEAN, COME ON BRO.

Not really complaining though, because one day I'll get that rogue/priest/mage and I'll be able to ascend them without paying any rubies.

Yaari

Really wish the S2 map had a nice SSS Ring or something to go for. I don't want to go back to the The Fortress map because I won't get Essences there.

I just started playing today. Game seems pretty fun so far, I just got to lvl 15 with my rogue. I got a free SSS unit which is Dark Priest Porin, I was wondering if it's worth keeping them in my party or focusing on maxing rapport with other characters.

I have about 7 of greysoul, Blackaria and Brightspark each.

I have 0 SSS rogues, priests or mages.

I have 1 DC essence.

I have 934 SSS warriors.

I MEAN, COME ON BRO.

Not really complaining though, because one day I'll get that rogue/priest/mage and I'll be able to ascend them without paying any rubies.

Yea, I'm really having to fight the urge to buy out the one I want. I keep rationalizing that by spending the rubies now, I could place top 1% in World Boss and top 50 in Labyrinth easily, and make those rubies back after a couple weeks. On the other hand, the idea of spending 600-700 rubies to get this shit up to +6 or so is really off putting. :-/

sensui-tomo

I just started playing today. Game seems pretty fun so far, I just got to lvl 15 with my rogue. I got a free SSS unit which is Dark Priest Porin, I was wondering if it's worth keeping them in my party or focusing on maxing rapport with other characters.

Porin is a great priest (you'd be surprised how many people want one of the 3 good SSS healers)

Yaari

Will you guys, at all times, use S for Draco units enhancing? I failed 2 S just now (Not complaining, got lucky enough with +1~+3).

Just wondering.

sensui-tomo

Will you guys, at all times, use S for Draco units enhancing? I failed 2 S just now (Not complaining, got lucky enough with +1~+3).

Just wondering.

Depends on how easy/hard it'll be to get rubies, if the game starts getting hard enough where rubies are hard to get due to lack of players, i might do SS or higher. if easy, same as i always have. A and up.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Just wondering.

I'll only use S (or an A if the percentages get high enough). SS are too valuable since you can turn those into SSS.

KimChi

Porin is good, you wont have to worry about having a decent healer now lol.
You could focus on maxing rapport for allies now or wait until the later difficulties which could take 3 runs minimum to max rapport. And its better to just max rapport 1 unit at a time while your main team kills things to get exp.

Just wondering.
I would if I have excess of them. Used a couple to enhance my SSS when I was pulling from premium summons.

JigsawX

Not sure who to make my second Draco unit. Currently rocking bloodwind. Bright spark / deathcrown would be the easiest. The healer / rogue I would have to raise up the fodder sss to max than ultimate.

KimChi

Was just about to ask. I get Failed to Connect to Game Server when I log in.

ditto, was wondering if only me lol.

edit: welp
http://m.gamevilusa.com/forums/showthread.php?262535-Notice-Connection-Issue-Americas-Server
[Notice] Connection Issue - Americas Server
Dear Bodens,

We are aware of a connection issue on the Americas server at approximately 4:00 PM PDT on July 28, 2015.

We are investigating the issue and will report any updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The Dragon Blaze Team

So the twitch reward is via a code we need to claim. Here it is, since I haven't seen it mentioned yet:

Americas Server: USDB5KTWITCH

SEA Server: SEADB5KTWITCH

EU Server: EUDB5KTWITCH

Vitanimus

Got an S, naturally.
oexTA6a.gif

Yaari

S for me too. Fortunately one I didn't already have. The mastery puts me on a total of 255 Rubies, so I can do summons. Better than nothing.

Vitanimus

I always forget to check if I've mastered certain mobs. I have a bunch of C's that I haven't touched. Guess that's tomorrow's job! Should be an easy 100 rubies.

Salamande

Finally beat the Crystal Palace, what a pain. Bloodwind isn't even the hard part, it's beating Whay before him. She could take out my whole team with a lucky critical hit.

Now to work on getting my Konfi to Blackaria. She's already Max+2, and I have the SSSes to feed her. Just need a lot of money, and a few more essences.

Uthred

I assume people (who have hit 60) are just spending shoes on grinding gold and essence? I'd like to level an alt but I'd like to get the essences I need much more. I wonder does the increased loot drop affect essence chances. I think I've got more during the times the buff was on but honestly its hard to say.

Edit: Didnt realise you could get the arena cosmetic cloak from a quest reward (800 arena wins), could have saved the coins on it, oh well, no big deal, but a heads up for anyone else who hasnt bought it

Ventara

I assume people (who have hit 60) are just spending shoes on grinding gold and essence? I'd like to level an alt but I'd like to get the essences I need much more. I wonder does the increased loot drop affect essence chances. I think I've got more during the times the buff was on but honestly its hard to say.

Edit: Didnt realise you could get the arena cosmetic cloak from a quest reward (800 arena wins), could have saved the coins on it, oh well, no big deal, but a heads up for anyone else who hasnt bought it

I have a mage who is already 55, so I'm gonna spend it on her. But I'm also leveling a new priest since I really need a AoE priest.

The arena reward is random. Just bad luck that you got the same one.

Ventara

Thanks.. I need the exp so I'm grinding the last stage.. So far, nothing has dropped :/

I was grinding Fortress for days with no accessory drops. If the rates are similar, you might be at it a while, though others have had much better luck. I'd forget about it, though. You'll be grinding for essences anyways.

Rurunaki

I was grinding Fortress for days with no accessory drops. If the rates are similar, you might be at it a while, though others have had much better luck. I'd forget about it, though. You'll be grinding for essences anyways.

A bit crucial for a Rogue DnD build though.. I need it :(

Ventara

Fuck. I got a Fiercely Blazing Helmet and Gloves, but they both have useless stats like STR and All Resist on them. I'm running a rogue/mage, so STR id almost completely useless, and All Resist is worthless from what I've read. Even the chainmail I got has All Resist. Is it on all parts of the Fiercely Blazing set?

Fuck. I got a Fiercely Blazing Helmet and Gloves, but they both have useless stats like STR and All Resist on them. I'm running a rogue/mage, so STR id almost completely useless, and All Resist is worthless from what I've read. Even the chainmail I got has All Resist. Is it on all parts of the Fiercely Blazing set?

There are 4 types of gear. dps warrior, tank warrior, mage, and rogue. Which one of those you roll is random. If you roll a dps warrior gear, you're going to get STR. If you roll a rogue gear, you're going to get DEX and crit and stuff. If you don't get one you like, save it for an alt, or use it for skillup when one of your other pieces of gear is at +7 or +8.

Body armor tends to be more focused on survivability type stats, so I think it's normal to see All Resist on any body armor.

Uthred

When a weapon has "Weapon max ATK increase X" is that represented in the "ATK X - X" stat at the top of the weapon page or is it in addition to that?

When a weapon has "Weapon max ATK increase X" is that represented in the "ATK X - X" stat at the top of the weapon page or is it in addition to that?

I believe it's in addition. But don't quote me on this. However I think if your weapon says that the damage is 100 - 200 with a weapon Max ATK + 100, then it's identical to 100 - 300. which would itself be equivalent to Weapon ATK + 50. Again, just guessing, but this is how I interpret it.

Top Bottom