• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Ventara

Wow, this Phoenix is tough. You pretty much NEED to use scrolls. Thankfully, most of the people I've matched with seem to understand this as well.

I think people who pay 100 bucks for the 1300 rubies each month have a huge advantage over free-leechers like me. Mostly because they have much more rubies in their arsenal to force an enhancement on an SSS unit.

Although the rubies do give you a boost, it's only a slight one. This game rewards those who play more as opposed to those who pay (unless it's a huge amount).

Wow, this Phoenix is tough. You pretty much NEED to use scrolls. Thankfully, most of the people I've matched with seem to understand this as well.

Although the rubies do give you a boost, it's only a slight one. This game rewards those who play more as opposed to those who pay (unless it's a huge amount).

Bullshit, I need to be lvl 60 before I can enter the Phoenix raid? Argh.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Most people spam scrolls pretty regularly. I haven't really had a problem yet. Biggest problem is when you get a team with 2 healers and a tank. Takes 9 hours to beat him.

Ventara

After some debating, I've decided to use some As to enhance SS units. I have a few that need to be maxed, but the Bs are just not enough.

Ventara

Did 30 pulls. Got 4 S and 26 A. Could've been worse, I guess. I might have had commish's luck.

Edit: Bonus yielded 5 more As and 1 S.

I know it's a first world problem and all, but I kind of wish I didn't have so many good SSS. Stupid right? I have one of each class, all MAXed, and that prevents me from using them as fodder and instead holding onto them in hopes of ascending. On the one hand it's good for long run progress since well, I have one of each class ready to ascend. On the other hand that's like 2-3 good fodder I could use to get a second Draco right now :-/

Ventara

No your luck is about right. Total was 31 A and 5 S. That's about 14%. Commish's rate is less than 5% :)

I said that my luck could've been worse and been as bad as commish's. Man, it would suck to have luck that bad.

Anyways, enhancing isn't going too well for me. Doing 3 As per enhance and still lots of failures. I'm not gonna do more than 3 though. I'm not that crazy. I'll have to go grind some Cs and Bs now.

commish

No your luck is about right. Total was 31 A and 5 S. That's about 14%. Commish's rate is less than 5% :)

My luck is about to change. I'm combining for an SSS in a second. If I get SSS warrior #8, I will cry. If I get SSS healer, you will hear me rejoice!

Let's see...

Edit: FFS, SSS Warrior #8. Karang. I don't even.

sensui-tomo

My luck is about to change. I'm combining for an SSS in a second. If I get SSS warrior #8, I will cry. If I get SSS healer, you will hear me rejoice!

Let's see...

RNG wants you to ascend to a higher plane.

Let's see...

You have my condolences. But honestly, I read your post and just started laughing before I was even halfway through it.

Pejo

I just had one of the greatest nights I've had with Dragon Blaze. Beat Myth Gram my first try on a "dry run" with a friend that wasn't my best healer friend. Got those 240~ rubies. Beat DC and DDC first try each, more rubies. Pull 40 allies, mostly A, got like 5 S. Managed to finish maxing Belle Snow, Patta, and get Fulson to +4. I got 3 enhances in a row using single A's at 10%. Incredible! Got to just above 5% on Arena before running out of tickets, and honestly as long as I stay in top 10% i'm happy as can be. Also picked up 8 new allies that I never mastered from the 40 pulls, so that's 80 rubies right back. If only all nights were this good.

Now I have a serious decision to make though, if I want to try to ascend Patta or Fulson. I'm leaning towards getting Draco Deathcrown as I think a tank benefits my party setup better. Anything to keep Belle Snow alive to do her thing. Ideally I'd rather get a SSS healer and go for Blackaria, but that's here nor there at the moment.

Chaos17

Let's see...

Yup, that game wants you to ascend :p
My last SSS was rogue Un, he is good but I really want an AoE mage, lol
Also, funny thing, I got him when I combined him my reroll rogue.

Well, I beat Hero Gram, so that's good, and got myself a full lvl40 Deathcrown equipment set. Sweet.

Also, I finally performed my first SSS fusion, and... It's Dark Archer Pitch, who is supposed to be somewhat lackluster. Well, crud. Ah, well, someone to ascend later, I suppose.

Yaari

I guess most of us got our free SS of the month today? Lousy Dark Gnarll. Lol.
May we all pull SS from our S~SS ticket later. Stupid reward.

sensui-tomo

I guess most of us got our free SS of the month today? Lousy Dark Gnarll. Lol.
May we all pull SS from our S~SS ticket later. Stupid reward.

Punisher Rabit... seriously i've gotten this guy more than any other unit in the game.(for anything above a b rank)

commish

I see they've increased the bonus reward for spending $100 to include an SSS summon ticket. So many SSS summons today. Really a reminder at how much some folks spend!

vato_loco

I currently have two SSS only: Captain Fulson (which seems to do a crapton of single damage) and... uh... Dark Assassin Percy. I'm not entirely sure if he's good or not, but at least he doesn't die in Arena or in Story, so that's something I guess.

I can't advance so far in Story mostly because I don't have a healer in my team. As in, not one. 2 SSS and 3 SS, but my only healer is a friggin' S Happy Porto. Oh wait, I messed up and used it as fodder. So no healer at all.

I'm also using most of my fodder to enhance SS that are not even my main team, in order to get another SSS, which I'm not convinced it's the best idea ever but I'm almost there so I might as well roll with it.

Lastly, I'm having the WORST luck getting equipment on raids, so my main team has crap.

I'm not playing this game very well...

Whizkid7

I currently have two SSS only: Captain Fulson (which seems to do a crapton of single damage) and... uh... Dark Assassin Percy. I'm not entirely sure if he's good or not, but at least he doesn't die in Arena or in Story, so that's something I guess.

I can't advance so far in Story mostly because I don't have a healer in my team. As in, not one. 2 SSS and 3 SS, but my only healer is a friggin' S Happy Porto. Oh wait, I messed up and used it as fodder. So no healer at all.

I'm also using most of my fodder to enhance SS that are not even my main team, in order to get another SSS, which I'm not convinced it's the best idea ever but I'm almost there so I might as well roll with it.

Lastly, I'm having the WORST luck getting equipment on raids, so my main team has crap.

I felt your pain; I fused my healer away hoping for a better one and had to go for a long time without one. I got stonewalled by story bosses, so I just kept combining and hoping for a halfway decent healer. Eventually the game gave me a SSS one, Porin. So don't give up; you'll get what you need some day if you just keep trying!

commish

All you need is ranran and that can take you through Myth. If I had no healer, I'd probably start combining As and hope to make a Ranran, I guess. Having super powered friends can also help you, keep in mind.

Chaos17

Me farming hermit lake last boss for exp...

sleepy.gif

vato_loco

I felt your pain; I fused my healer away hoping for a better one and had to go for a long time without one. I got stonewalled by story bosses, so I just kept combining and hoping for a halfway decent healer. Eventually the game gave me a SSS one, Porin. So don't give up; you'll get what you need some day if you just keep trying!
I'd LOVE an SSS healer, but I don't see that coming soon. I still got an SSS from a ruby summon, so I'm not THAT unlucky.

All you need is ranran and that can take you through Myth. If I had no healer, I'd probably start combining As and hope to make a Ranran, I guess. Having super powered friends can also help you, keep in mind.
Oh how I wish for a Ranran. I haven't gotten one in so long...

Ventara

So I kinda went crazy last night and decided to use S and A units to max 4 SS units I had. Spent 1500 rubies total and got Captain Freya and Punisher Rar. Still have enough units to max the SS I got from the 30 day login bonus (Captain Idun) and probably one more. This last SSS will round out the 5 fodder SSS I need to get an Ultimate. But I only have 6 Greysoul essence, so I need another ~20 to ascend and max him. That's gonna take at least 2 weeks. I'm really tempted to just buy some essence. But 600 rubies.... and any other Greysoul essence I get will be useless.

My luck has been kinda bad lately, though once I have Greysoul, I'll have 3 solid DPS units (Belle Snow, Aura Windlune and Greysoul). After that, I plan to level my priest since it'll be a while before I can ascend Healer Konfi. Once that's done, Swordsman Vurch will probably replace Healer Konfi since he's a pretty solid tank.

commish

So I kinda went crazy last night and decided to use S and A units to max 4 SS units I had. Spent 1500 rubies total and got Captain Freya and Punisher Rar. Still have enough units to max the SS I got from the 30 day login bonus (Captain Idun) and probably one more. This last SSS will round out the 5 fodder SSS I need to get an Ultimate. But I only have 6 Greysoul essence, so I need another ~20 to ascend and max him. That's gonna take at least 2 weeks. I'm really tempted to just buy some essence. But 600 rubies.... and any other Greysoul essence I get will be useless.

You'll probably need more than that to max him out. I spent 6 essences on my bloodwind and he's still +1. Thanks RNG. So many wasted S's and essences! There should be some type of essence exchange, say, exchange an essence and ten rubies for a different essence type. 30 rubies for 1 is so much.

Ventara

You'll probably need more than that to max him out. I spent 6 essences on my bloodwind and he's still +1. Thanks RNG. So many wasted S's and essences! There should be some type of essence exchange, say, exchange an essence and ten rubies for a different essence type. 30 rubies for 1 is so much.

Your luck is thankfully not the norm. :p

But yeah, I plan to only use S units, and I think even that will average out at 20 essences, so I probably need closer to 25 essences. 750 rubies. Man, that sucks. An essence exchange like you mentioned would be amazing..

commish

Your luck is thankfully not the norm. :p

But yeah, I plan to only use S units, and I think even that will average out at 20 essences, so I probably need closer to 25 essences. 750 rubies. Man, that sucks. An essence exchange like you mentioned would be amazing..

Honestly though, that's not even bad luck on my part, that's just the percentages. You only have a 25% chance to enhance with an S on the first attempt, and only a 34% chance to ascend on the second attempt. So, if you believe that you would only need 20/25 essences, you'd have to beat the odds multiple times. Of course, that can happen. We've all had enhance streaks of first-time enhances working multiple times in a row.

My Blackaria is +3 after 4 attempts, so that was quite nice.

Yeah, you are pretty lucky. I just tried again on my bloodwind and failed. 7 essences wasted! At least right now it's a 70% chance to enhance on my next attempt. Surely that can't fail, right? >.>

Honestly though, that's not even bad luck on my part, that's just the percentages. You only have a 25% chance to enhance with an S on the first attempt, and only a 34% chance to ascend on the second attempt. So, if you believe that you would only need 20/25 essences, you'd have to beat the odds multiple times. Of course, that can happen. We've all had enhance streaks of first-time enhances working multiple times in a row.

Yeah, you are pretty lucky. I just tried again on my bloodwind and failed. 7 essences wasted! At least right now it's a 70% chance to enhance on my next attempt. Surely that can't fail, right? >.>

Expected number of fodder with 25% rate is 2.7

Ventara

Using S units, You'll need between 2-3 units to a 50% chance at an enhance. 2 Units would be 44% chance at enhancing and 3 units is 58%. Multiply by 8 and it's roughly 20 units to max an SSS unit with S units.

Your next post:

"Failed at 70%! That's 8 essences! Ugh, surely I'll succeed at 80%?"

Using S units, You'll need between 2-3 units to a 50% chance at an enhance. 2 Units would be 44% chance at enhancing and 3 units is 58%. Multiply by 8 and it's roughly 20 units to max an SSS unit with S units.

As I mentioned before, it's 2.73 fodder on average. x8 is 21.84. So you're going to need about 22 essences to max it. This goes down to 2.6 fodder if you're using the 30% enhance bonus, which will save you about 1 essence.

Minor correction though. 2 units isn't a 44% chance it's a 50% chance. .25 + (.75)(.34) = .505. The complete table is:

Code:
Attempt Number     Chance
---------------   -----------
       1             25%
       2             50.5%
       3             71.8%
       4             86.5%
       5             94.7%
       6             98.4%
       7             99.7%
       8             100%

commish

Your next post:

"Failed at 70%! That's 8 essences! Ugh, surely I'll succeed at 80%?"

I like my chances at 70%!!

Anyway, I just know it takes a lot of essences or rubies. There should be a cheaper way. But of course this is the P2W aspect that is kicking in. You can't expect to be at the top unless you spend money, which is fine and is common and is how these games work. I thank those folks for supporting me!

As I mentioned before, it's 2.73 fodder on average. x8 is 21.84. So you're going to need about 22 essences to max it. This goes down to 2.6 fodder if you're using the 30% enhance bonus, which will save you about 1 essence.

Minor correction though. 2 units isn't a 44% chance it's a 50% chance. .25 + (.75)(.34) = .505. The complete table is:

Code:
Attempt Number     Chance
---------------   -----------
       1             25%
       2             50.5%
       3             71.8%
       4             86.5%
       5             94.7%
       6             98.4%
       7             99.7%
       8             100%

Staggering how I can fail when you see it like this.

Just broke 500k in labyrinth. So close to the coveted top 50 mark, but I don't think I'm going to be able to do it without limit breaking some of my units :(

KimChi

Just broke 500k in labyrinth. So close to the coveted top 50 mark, but I don't think I'm going to be able to do it without limit breaking some of my units :(

nice, been watching myself slowly getting pushed out of 1% at 386k points lol
decided to start leveling a warrior alt just for labyrinth.

nice, been watching myself slowly getting pushed out of 1% at 386k points lol
decided to start leveling a warrior alt just for labyrinth.

Gotta say, it feels good to be good at *something*. /cry Although for some reason I find my Gram being the hero of Labyrinth and not my warrior, even though my warrior has a ton more defense.

Top Bottom