• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

It's weird, suddenly I can't beat Labyrinth 30 anymore. Previously I could stay alive forever on round 30 with my 2 tanks, now all of a sudden they're taking a ton of damage. I'm not sure if it's due to lucky waves I got earlier on my successful attempts or if it's something else. But if it's lucky waves, I'm not sure what was different about them and what the "easy" wave is that I'm looking for.

Pejo

What are you guys doing to grind out gold? I've been running Laby all night, but the runs take for-freaking-ever, and even when I make it to round 26-27, i'm only getting 16k-20k gold. I tried starting out on level 25, and while it's great for score, doesn't really give proportionate gold, and costs 4 tickets. There's gotta be a faster way.

Kitoro

I've been holding off on ascending my Ultimate Captain Fulson until I'm ready.

I've now got roughly 1,000 rubies to my name, 4/10 of the necessary ascension essences, and no units left after getting Fulson to Ultimate.

I'm in one of the top guilds on the US server, and I rely on Fulson to keep up with the Guild Battle quotas each week,so I really need to be sure I can get Greysoul as close to MAX as possible as soon as I ascend to him.

What's the best route to enhance the Draco units, since they require an essence every attempt? Are you all just using S fodder at a 25% chance and burning 30 rubies per essence per attempt 3-5 times per enhance, or just using SS to enhance?

Any tips appreciated!

I've been holding off on ascending my Ultimate Captain Fulson until I'm ready.

I've now got roughly 1,000 rubies to my name, 4/10 of the necessary ascension essences, and no units left after getting Fulson to Ultimate.

I'm in one of the top guilds on the US server, and I rely on Fulson to keep up with the Guild Battle quotas each week,so I really need to be sure I can get Greysoul as close to MAX as possible as soon as I ascend to him.

What's the best route to enhance the Draco units, since they require an essence every attempt? Are you all just using S fodder at a 25% chance and burning 30 rubies per essence per attempt 3-5 times per enhance, or just using SS to enhance?

Any tips appreciated!

Labyrinth is the best way. The other option is to stack as much +gold accessories as you can, then run Crystal Palace 6. Should be as much as 10-12k per run for 2 shoes if you do this on a Saturday when they have the +100% gold event.

Dont' use SS for enhancing. An SS is equivalent in value to 2 S plus probably 40-50 Bs for enhancing the S's. On average it takes only 3 S to get a skillup on an SSS, so it's much more cost efficient to use S for skilling up.

niosh

Banned

Any tips appreciated!

I use S fodder only. The essence are too expensive/rare to risk A fodder unless I'm already at like 40% chance. I also only enhance Dracos on the days we get the +30% enhance failure buff.

Every little bit helps.

Pejo

Labyrinth is the best way. The other option is to stack as much +gold accessories as you can, then run Crystal Palace 6. Should be as much as 10-12k per run for 2 shoes if you do this on a Saturday when they have the +100% gold event.

Thanks for the tips, i'll try out the Crystal Palace this weekend. I did some math, and it looks like at 16,000 gold per laby run, I need 135 runs to get the estimated money I need to make Draco DC. That's not really too terrible, a few days worth I guess. Should be able to round it up by the time the next ally enhance discount hits on Thurs.

So I got Fire Wizard Koni as a new SS, is she any good? She's got a phoenix summon, an AOE and a single-target big damage skill, so I'm inclined to say she's probably useful to some degree.

zanyu

I'm sad. I broke down and bought the $100 package for the free SSS.

Thing is I was expecting crap, got mercedes.

But I already have shabelle.

I guess I just keep both?

For farming gold, I literally do not ever do lab. Do dungeons with full Gold accessories, and if you have spare tickets or in a rush to burn tickets, just go into lab 25, exit. Automatically 9,900 gold.

I've spend over 3 million these two weeks, and still have 5 mil.

This Double Challenge bug is frustrating, Is it only me having this problem? Stage won't load and than I get a loss

That's probably the GM Event thing where it is supposed to tell you to go claim your ticket or reward for clearing a quest or something. That is so bugged and offensive that it literally shoves itself in your face and will break everything else in the game unless you back out completely to the inn.

Dont' use SS for enhancing. An SS is equivalent in value to 2 S plus probably 40-50 Bs for enhancing the S's. On average it takes only 3 S to get a skillup on an SSS, so it's much more cost efficient to use S for skilling up.

I earn about 20K gold per labyrinth run on my priest. Then again, my core party is made up of the following:
-S Healer Ranran MAX+3
-SSS Fire Wizard Whay MAX
-SSS Spark Wizard Ann MAX
-SSS Gram MAX

Those phoenix spams are amazing. I typically go through the first 25 levels in about 5 minutes with this party.

zanyu

I believe it's in addition. But don't quote me on this. However I think if your weapon says that the damage is 100 - 200 with a weapon Max ATK + 100, then it's identical to 100 - 300. which would itself be equivalent to Weapon ATK + 50. Again, just guessing, but this is how I interpret it.

That is how it works.

People then ask what is the difference exactly?

With weapon atk+, it make the average and range more similar.

So 100-300 vs. 150 vs 250.

The second one is more consistent, but the third one offers more burst damage.

Longer battles weapon damage > max attack.
PVP max attack is better just due to the potential of high crit killing someone.

One thing I'm starting to take a notice of damage and thinking about is elemental damage.

So elemental damage is nice because it takes on all the bonuses of all your damage stats except weapon damage. It is calculated separately, it's just flat extra damage.

This is nice for two reasons:
1) It goes through defense completely. Only all resist reduces it's damage.
2) It can hit while your main spell misses.
(This can be seen when using meteor on a single target and the elemental damage still pops up.)

Because practically every single class is more dependent on their weapon damage for their skills/spells elemental damage is still a complete trash stat.

But in a way, with a conjunction of attack speed + elemental damage I could technically see it finding a niche if there was a way to stack other stats differently.

StuffRuff

Hmm that new tier list has thrown me a little as per my party setup.

Byron and Farq are good to stay but I think I'll swap out Freyd for Gar judging by Freyd's low mark.

So that'll be:

Byron
Farq
Gar
RanRan

Or I could swap out Gar for Black snow....i should be less indecisive lol struggling to break legend Gram at the moment though.

Yaari

Anyone else constantly losing connection? I did install a new router yesterday so I don't know if it is the game or my connection.

Yaari

Its ok on EU at the moment.

Okay. Upgraded firmware, hopefully its more stable now.

I keep getting every essence except for the one I could actually make due to having a MAX Archer, Bloodwind. Found 3 so far.For comparison, I've found 13 Deathcrown.

Edit: It's absolutely horrible. Disconnect every 3-4 min. Anyone else ?

Yaari

Eu here and it's stable.

Yeah, I'm EU playing on US servers. Probably part of the problem. I will probably quit if this won't change. It's an absolute disaster.

Edit: EU just as bad. Makes it even more difficult to locate issue. Funny though, in all of my 13 SSS,s not a single Rogue. And my first SSS ticket on Europe, is a Captain Fulson T1 Rogue. I get a SS Viri for my free SS. Lol. EU embracing me.

Tiops

I started playing this yesterday, and I can see how it can be addicting. I won't spend any money on it, so I hope it's not unfair.

I redeemed my 2nd chapter reward and got a SSS, Dark Mage Pari or something like that. Looks pretty decent.

Is there anything I should worry about, that I could screw up really bad? I'm just advancing through stages and Enhancing my allies to combine them later.

vato_loco

Oh, no, by all means, give the shittiest item in the whole raid to the only idiot who used scrolls. It is only right. I didn't even need that awesome armor.

EDIT: holy crap how do you get to have 2000 rubies without paying?!

vato_loco

Is there anything I should worry about, that I could screw up really bad? I'm just advancing through stages and Enhancing my allies to combine them later.
I don't think you could screw anything up, but I could be wrong.

Don't gather 30 rubies and summon, because you get discounts from the second summon onwards, but only if you do them in tandem. Try to get at least 255 rubies and do 10 summons in a row.

Get lots of friends fast. Look for some names here to get high level friends that will help you when you're stuck. My avatar is Grieverer.

Story for EXP, Raids for items, Labyrinth for Gold. At least during Normal playthrough. Don't even think about going against the World Boss. Just forget it exists.

Log in every day. You don't have to play a level or anything to get the daily bonus so just log in, get the bonus and log out, if you're not gonna play the game. At the end of the month you get a free SS character that will help you out.

JigsawX

Just got belle snow. Current party is bloodwind, para, porin and deathcrown. I should prob sub out death for belle right? He just got his double fiercing blazing tachi too

Chaos17

EDIT: holy crap how do you get to have 2000 rubies without paying?!

There're many way to get free rubies : https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-rubies-complete-guide/

I started playing this yesterday, and I can see how it can be addicting. I won't spend any money on it, so I hope it's not unfair.

I redeemed my 2nd chapter reward and got a SSS, Dark Mage Pari or something like that. Looks pretty decent.

One advice : don't ever get rid of any AoE healer unless you've a better one.
They can be really rare depending on your luck.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's weird, suddenly I can't beat Labyrinth 30 anymore. Previously I could stay alive forever on round 30 with my 2 tanks, now all of a sudden they're taking a ton of damage. I'm not sure if it's due to lucky waves I got earlier on my successful attempts or if it's something else. But if it's lucky waves, I'm not sure what was different about them and what the "easy" wave is that I'm looking for.

I gave up trying to beat level 30 with my current team, but I do admit I was doing better the other day and now I am getting whipped pretty quickly. The AOE just brings down so many people.

You really don't need to spend any money to complete any content and really, to place at least in the top 10% of events. You need to spend money if you want to climb to the top of the rankings - there's just no way around it. But this game is very generous with giving out rubies, and many (most?) of us haven't spent much money on the game, if any at all.

The only tip you need: Don't fuse away your Ranran if you get one. Love her. Cherish her. At least until you get a better healer.

In other news, I owe legendary SSS Warrior Karang an apology. I hated on him at first, but he's not half bad, and he's one of my few DPSers to boot.

Pejo

Okay. Upgraded firmware, hopefully its more stable now.

I keep getting every essence except for the one I could actually make due to having a MAX Archer, Bloodwind. Found 3 so far.For comparison, I've found 13 Deathcrown.

Edit: It's absolutely horrible. Disconnect every 3-4 min. Anyone else ?

My connection has been great to US servers (i'm in US though).

Also, where are you farming your essences? I've burnt probably 200 shoes on Hermit Lake 9 and have only gotten 1 essence.

m33pm33p

Banned
I gave up trying to beat level 30 with my current team, but I do admit I was doing better the other day and now I am getting whipped pretty quickly. The AOE just brings down so many people.

You really don't need to spend any money to complete any content and really, to place at least in the top 10% of events. You need to spend money if you want to climb to the top of the rankings - there's just no way around it. But this game is very generous with giving out rubies, and many (most?) of us haven't spent much money on the game, if any at all.

The only tip you need: Don't fuse away your Ranran if you get one. Love her. Cherish her. At least until you get a better healer.

In other news, I owe legendary SSS Warrior Karang an apology. I hated on him at first, but he's not half bad, and he's one of my few DPSers to boot.

Ranran is love, Ranran is life.

commish

My connection has been great to US servers (i'm in US though).

Also, where are you farming your essences? I've burnt probably 200 shoes on Hermit Lake 9 and have only gotten 1 essence.

I farm Hermit Lake and have been pretty successful there.

Tiops

I don't think you could screw anything up, but I could be wrong.

Don't gather 30 rubies and summon, because you get discounts from the second summon onwards, but only if you do them in tandem. Try to get at least 255 rubies and do 10 summons in a row.

Get lots of friends fast. Look for some names here to get high level friends that will help you when you're stuck. My avatar is Grieverer.

Story for EXP, Raids for items, Labyrinth for Gold. At least during Normal playthrough. Don't even think about going against the World Boss. Just forget it exists.

Log in every day. You don't have to play a level or anything to get the daily bonus so just log in, get the bonus and log out, if you're not gonna play the game. At the end of the month you get a free SS character that will help you out.
Alright, will do those things, thank you. And should my Rubies go always to summoning or should I use them for equipment too?

One advice : don't ever get rid of any AoE healer unless you've a better one.
They can be really rare depending on your luck.

My current healer is Ranran, got her from a reward. She's pretty good, and AoE heals really seems pretty great. Thanks for the advice, will keep her until I get a better AoE healer.

vato_loco

Don't ever use them for equipment. It's a complete waste.

This. Never EVER use them for equipment. Always get equipment by raiding.

Also consider at some point spending some few rubies to unlock inventory space. Not many, just a few, to keep you from having to constantly go back to the inventory while raiding or storying.

By the time you reach Hero, you'll see that having an extra item slot for Revival Items or HP Scrolls will come extremely handy.

Syrus

Banned
I combined SS n got a Gram

Then SSS ticket got me second Gram and I rebirthed him into Shabelle!!

F2P only

Got Shabelle , Viri , Gram , Abyss King as main team

Just got Punisher Roq and Disty.

I combined SS n got a Gram

Then SSS ticket got me second Gram and I rebirthed him into Shabelle!!

F2P only

Got Shabelle , Viri , Gram , Abyss King as main team

Just got Punisher Roq and Disty.

You got lucky getting Shabelle. But why on earth did you Rebirth? Rebirth is the biggest waste of resources in the entire game.

niosh

Banned
Hmm that new tier list has thrown me a little as per my party setup.

Byron and Farq are good to stay but I think I'll swap out Freyd for Gar judging by Freyd's low mark.

So that'll be:

Byron
Farq
Gar
RanRan

Or I could swap out Gar for Black snow....i should be less indecisive lol struggling to break legend Gram at the moment though.

I personally would not swap out Freyd for Gar (rogue vs tank).

She has no AOE abilities but she definitely will out dps Gar. In most situations she would be better for that group than Gar considering you already have Byron for tank role. Labyrinth or any situation where survivability is key (Gram) would be the only time I'd use him over her.

Don't go strictly by tiers, go by party dynamic.

commish

You got lucky getting Shabelle. But why on earth did you Rebirth? Rebirth is the biggest waste of resources in the entire game.

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened there. He pulled a Gram, got him to max, then rebirthed him? Seems a bit crazy!

I already had Gram, didnt know what else to do. It worked out though

Serious question, but do you know how Limit break and deify work? You should have used it for Limit Break fodder. Not trying to be rude or anything, but I just want to make sure you NEVER do that again. You literally rolled double 00 on roulette. You will not get that lucky next time. So don't do it again. Seriously :D

Syrus

Banned
Serious question, but do you know how Limit break and deify work? You should have used it for Limit Break fodder. Not trying to be rude or anything, but I just want to make sure you NEVER do that again. You literally rolled double 00 on roulette. You will not get that lucky next time. So don't do it again. Seriously :D

Haha yeah i took a gamble. I spent a bit of rubies for enhance fodder but i just started leg3ndary and have 1000 rubies again.

I dunno it Ill even limit break SSS let alone Deify because im F2P so it will take a long time

niosh

Banned

He's (was) lacking a healer and more than 1 dps and only had a few SSS. I would have rolled the dice with a rebirth as well.

I didn't consider limit breaking till I had at least 5-6 SSS.

Uthred

You can really feel that +50% drop rate for raids when you get an SS

yi3e61k.jpg

Just blew 60 raid tickets and got literally 2 orange and the rest blue and purple, might save gear grinding till the weekends

That's not going to be enough to get you the stuff you need. If you figure you need a full set of 6 for your main, plus 3 for each ally, it takes a long time to get the gear you need. You just have to suck it up and farm raids during 50% or even with no bonus at all IMO. No different than farming essences. If you only farm essences once a week when the 100% item drop rate buff is in effect, sure it will increase your efficiency, but it will vastly increase the total amount of time it takes to acquire the stuff you need.

commish

That's not going to be enough to get you the stuff you need. If you figure you need a full set of 6 for your main, plus 3 for each ally, it takes a long time to get the gear you need. You just have to suck it up and farm raids during 50% or even with no bonus at all IMO. No different than farming essences. If you only farm essences once a week when the 100% item drop rate buff is in effect, sure it will increase your efficiency, but it will vastly increase the total amount of time it takes to acquire the stuff you need.

I honestly haven't noticed any difference when farming with 50% bonus or 100% bonus.

Top Bottom