• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Pejo

Enhance S's, you need a crazy amount of fodder if you're looking at an end game team of all Ascended units

I think you should save your Rubies, unless you feel that Bloodwind will let you get further enough in Lab/Arena to earn back 200 rubies in the time it would take you to farm the essences

Yea I will definitely still be making SS's and SSS's, but right now I'm trying to concentrate on maxing out my existing SSS, as I'm happy with the group I'm currently running, but having issues beating all the current content. My problem is that I have about 38 C units clogging up my inventory, and any A's and S's I get are going into fodder for my SSS's. I guess I could just save one or two S's to pump C's into so it's not a total waste.

I did run a ton of that raid, but all 3 of my characters are just stacked with Lvl60 SSS weapons. I had the worst luck.

I think my mage has pretty good gear though, even if the armor parts are for level55, they have nearly perfect stats.
I'm on 50%~ crit now on my mage. Her damage is looking good.

Yea. I've actually given up on getting higher than 5% arena. It's not that I can't do it, it's just that I'm not sure it's worth the tickets. Because of the cumulative nature of points, you reach a point of diminishing returns where you have to ask whether the tickets could be better spent elsewhere. To get 7k points in arena, you need to spend close to 400 tickets minimum. In 400 tickets, you could get 4 million gold running labyrinth, or anywhere from 8-10 SSS items running raids. And in doing so you only sacrifice about 100 rubies a week.

Nothing to shake a stick at, certainly, but those 8-10 SSS items could help you get a higher position in labyrinth, earning some of those rubies back (on a weekly basis no less, with only 4 easy tickets). And that 4 million gold can deify 2 SSS (provided you have the fodder obviously). So I'm not really convinced on the utility of getting higher than 10% in Arena (more than once for the title anyway).

Just my 2c

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yea. I've actually given up on getting higher than 5% arena. It's not that I can't do it, it's just that I'm not sure it's worth the tickets. Because of the cumulative nature of points, you reach a point of diminishing returns where you have to ask whether the tickets could be better spent elsewhere. To get 7k points in arena, you need to spend close to 400 tickets minimum. In 400 tickets, you could get 4 million gold running labyrinth, or anywhere from 8-10 SSS items running raids. And in doing so you only sacrifice about 100 rubies a week.

Nothing to shake a stick at, certainly, but those 8-10 SSS items could help you get a higher position in labyrinth, earning some of those rubies back (on a weekly basis no less, with only 4 easy tickets). And that 4 million gold can deify 2 SSS (provided you have the fodder obviously). So I'm not really convinced on the utility of getting higher than 10% in Arena (more than once for the title anyway).

Just my 2c

Agreed. I always stop at top 5% in arena because it's really not worth it. It takes way too many tickets to be worthwhile.

Yaari

Okay, I'll consider it. But that still leaves me with the issue of Deathcrown and Bloodwind. Who's next?

Btw I don't run Arena that much. I just don't like doing it without a 50% boost.

Okay, I'll consider it. But that still leaves me with the issue of Deathcrown and Bloodwind. Who's next?

Btw I don't run Arena that much. I just don't like doing it without a 50% boost.

Err, aren't you rank 44 in arena currently? :) Or did you mean raid?

As for your other question, Bloodwind IMO unless you have no useful tank.

commish

Anyone know when we can expect to be able to ascend paladins? I just got a sword from the raid and I'm debating between giving it to my warrior or to my paladin. Don't want to give it to the paladin if he'll be ascended soon.

And why is the game giving me so many shields! I have 3 set shields already.

Chaos17

Anyone know when we can expect to be able to ascend paladins? I just got a sword from the raid and I'm debating between giving it to my warrior or to my paladin. Don't want to give it to the paladin if he'll be ascended soon.

And why is the game giving me so many shields! I have 3 set shields already.

Ascended ally Kamiel, paladin, was implemented 6 months after season 2 launch in Korea.
Paladin class for player was implemented in season 3.
We don't know at the moment how long Gamevil Global will release new contents, there're in total 3-4 left.

commish

Ascended ally Kamiel, paladin was implemented 6 months after season 2 maunch in Korea.
Paladin class for player was implemented in season 3.
We don't know at the moment how Gemvil Global is going to reveal new updates for season 2, yet.

6 months, yikes. Seems like I should just proceed as if it's not going to be happening anytime soon. Even if that time is cut in half (I think we are already on an accelerated pace), that's still months away. Thanks for the info.

Yaari

Err, aren't you rank 44 in arena currently? :) Or did you mean raid?

As for your other question, Bloodwind IMO unless you have no useful tank.

No. Arena. I only like to raid when there's a bonus drop.

The tank is Freya. She's the absolute worst. But I made the mistake of upgrading her for Deathcrown, while she should have been fodder when I used Patta as a tank. Ugh.

niosh

Banned
No. Arena. I only like to raid when there's a bonus drop.

The tank is Freya. She's the absolute worst. But I made the mistake of upgrading her for Deathcrown, while she should have been fodder when I used Patta as a tank. Ugh.

Freya is definitely the worst when compared to the other SSS tanks. I feel like even SS Abyss King beats her out =\

How far from a Draco Deathcrown are you?

Yaari

Freya is definitely the worst when compared to the other SSS tanks. I feel like even SS Abyss King beats her out =\

How far from a Draco Deathcrown are you?

I'm a 30% Gold Enhance event away. I found 11 Essences without buying any of them. (Deathcrown)
It makes sense to go for Deathcrown and keep the 200 rubies in my pocket. I just don't think a tank is going to do more for me at this point, as opposed to someone who deals damage like Bloodwind.

But I could potentially get Deathcrown to +MAX with those Rubies if I wanted to. Sigh. :(
A +0 Bloodwind is not going to do my team much good either I guess.

Pejo

So I feel like this is the week for me to try to make top 10% for arena. I'm sitting at 9% now before the ridiculousness starts tonight where everyone spams tickets when I go to bed. I will burn all the rest of my tickets that I accrue throughout the day on arena, hopefully get to 6% or so before i run out, and pray to Belle Snow that I manage to hold out for the night. I'd really just like the title and that little box around my character profile.

niosh

Banned
I'm a 30% Gold Enhance event away. I found 11 Essences without buying any of them. (Deathcrown)
It makes sense to go for Deathcrown and keep the 200 rubies in my pocket. I just don't think a tank is going to do more for me at this point, as opposed to someone who deals damage like Bloodwind.

While Draco Deathcrown is technically a tank he deals a good amount of damage too. He's obviously not on Bloodwind's level as far as dps but he can definitely dish it out.

Checkout his abilities in the Folio entry, his 2nd passive is especially ridiculous.

But I could potentially get Deathcrown to +MAX with those Rubies if I wanted to. Sigh. :(

Getting a Draco does not require you to Max it right away, people underestimate what they can do at base level.

Go with what you want imo :p

commish

Even at +1, my Bloodwind has the most attack of anyone on my team by quite a bit. It's really a pain to enhance dracos, though, unless you are paying real monies. I've failed 3 times to get him to +2, and the pain is real.

Even at +1, my Bloodwind has the most attack of anyone on my team by quite a bit. It's really a pain to enhance dracos, though, unless you are paying real monies. I've failed 3 times to get him to +2, and the pain is real.

Seems like the real problem is going to be his HP at those levels.

commish

Seems like the real problem is going to be his HP at those levels.

True enough - can't do damage if you are dead. Mine is sitting at 13k HP, which is less than my SS healer :p He does have 55% evasion at least.

I'm at 1.004% in lab. So annoying.

True enough - can't do damage if you are dead. Mine is sitting at 13k HP, which is less than my SS healer :p He does have 55% evasion at least.

I'm at 1.004% in lab. So annoying.

Ouch. Pray that a few more people get in their first lab run before the end of the week? Although realistically you'll go the other direction. What's your score and how far did you make it? I'm really glad I was able to break round 30. Now that I've done it once I feel confident I can do it every week, and passing round 30 is basically a guaranteed ticket to < 1% (at least for now until more people clear round 30).

commish

Ouch. Pray that a few more people get in their first lab run before the end of the week? Although realistically you'll go the other direction. What's your score and how far did you make it? I'm really glad I was able to break round 30. Now that I've done it once I feel confident I can do it every week, and passing round 30 is basically a guaranteed ticket to < 1% (at least for now until more people clear round 30).

Dude I HAD round 30 beat - I had the last enemy sheeped with all my guys up. Then all my guys died, haha. My score is 382,698. I'm gonna try level 30 again, maybe with 2 tanks this time.

Dude I HAD round 30 beat - I had the last enemy sheeped with all my guys up. Then all my guys died, haha. My score is 382,698. I'm gonna try level 30 again, maybe with 2 tanks this time.

Ironically 31+ are cakewalk compared to 30. The only reason I didn't get farther is because I was out of scrolls, having used probably 8-9 rez scrolls just on round 30. If I had had just *one* more rez scroll I could have made it to 500k, which at least for now would have been top 50 :(

2 tanks definitely helped. I used Gram and my main hero as tanks, and a few times one would die with the other still living. So if I had had only 1 tank I would have lost.

Yaari

Were we getting the reward today?

Anyone know where wapplew went? We was pretty active both ingame and on here, and hasn't been on for 5 days now.

Were we getting the reward today?

Anyone know where wapplew went? We was pretty active both ingame and on here, and hasn't been on for 5 days now.

Was just thinking the same thing (on both counts). Wapple doesn't have any posts in any other threads too since about a week ago and looks like he was a pretty active GAF member. Hope he's ok.

Yaari

Greetings Bodens,

First of all, we'd like to thank everyone who's support our Twitch stream so far! We're pleased to announce that we've reached our goal of having 5,000 followers

We greatly appreciate the community's support of the show, we're happy to see you all tune in every week while we dive into all the fantastic new, and exciting updates that have been released for Dragon Blaze, as well as the amazing rewards we give out during each broadcast!

In honor of this, we're issuing this exclusive Twitch.tv event reward to our players!

Reward

Players will receive (1) [S-SS] Ally Summon Ticket.

The reward will be issued within the next 48 hours. Exact distribution date will be announced shortly!

This will be the first of many milestone events, in the future we hope to bring our dedicated Twitch following more amazing rewards as a thank you for your continued support!

Thank you,

- Deathcrown

I hate that reward. Lol. Just give us all a SS.

KimChi

An exclusive character in this game would be insane. It'd have to be SSS for anyone even to care.

Just give an SS. Hell, or 50 rubies.

Did not mean we should get an exclusive character, at least make the reward equivalent like a SS, not this S-SS ticket where most of us are getting an S anyways, or just give rubies like you said.

Vitanimus

made quite a bit of progress today, used about 120 shoes burning through myth story mode and getting half way to level 54. should be 55 by the end of the week at least and ready to tackle chapter 2 stuff!

and hopefully a top tier SSS

Yaari

While Draco Deathcrown is technically a tank he deals a good amount of damage too. He's obviously not on Bloodwind's level as far as dps but he can definitely dish it out.

Checkout his abilities in the Folio entry, his 2nd passive is especially ridiculous.

Getting a Draco does not require you to Max it right away, people underestimate what they can do at base level.

Go with what you want imo :p
Totally missed that one. That might have just sold me on him. I really need something like that.

How competitive is 5%? I usually settle for 10, but I'm at 4 right now and would like to hold it. Usually if i get 8.5% with 2-3 hours to go I'm safe, how hard am I going to have to work to keep 5% given I'm at 4% now?

Or maybe a better question is: what is the usual score cutoff for 5%?

Ventara

How competitive is 5%? I usually settle for 10, but I'm at 4 right now and would like to hold it. Usually if i get 8.5% with 2-3 hours to go I'm safe, how hard am I going to have to work to keep 5% given I'm at 4% now?

Or maybe a better question is: what is the usual score cutoff for 5%?

Not competitive at all. 3300 points is good, and 3500 pretty much guarantees you're in. I ended up 3100 last week but still made it.

Uthred

Not competitive at all. 3300 points is good, and 3500 pretty much guarantees you're in. I ended up 3100 last week but still made it.

Yeah anything around 3.5k pretty much secures you 5%, I find its easiest to blitz up to around 2.7-3k after reset (got up to #5 today ;) ) with stored tickets and then just top it up doing the arena dailies (making sure to cherry pick to keep your +20 bonus)

Ventara

Yeah, getting at least 3000 on day 1 is key.

Anyways, I think I may be addicted to this game. I'm just sitting at my desk doing nothing waiting for the maintenance to be over, lol.

Ventara

Strange how a game with such little gameplay can be so addicting.

It's the replenishing shoes/tickets. You feel like you're wasting them if you don't use them. And then they reward you with more shoes/tickets. But there's a clear sense of progression in the game, and I really enjoy that.

Yeah, getting at least 3000 on day 1 is key.

Anyways, I think I may be addicted to this game. I'm just sitting at my desk doing nothing waiting for the maintenance to be over, lol.

I didn't even start until yesterday, lol. Oh well, I'm at 3k now and hopefully I can keep 5%. I've started to lose a couple battles here and there, even when I cherry pick it's not always obvious who is going to beat me :-/ A couple times I've been beaten by people 3 levels lower than me with units that are significantly worse than mine too. I've learned to avoid anyone with Caberra or who is themselves a mage.

Uthred

I didn't even start until yesterday, lol. Oh well, I'm at 3k now and hopefully I can keep 5%. I've started to lose a couple battles here and there, even when I cherry pick it's not always obvious who is going to beat me :-/ A couple times I've been beaten by people 3 levels lower than me with units that are significantly worse than mine too. I've learned to avoid anyone with Caberra or who is themselves a mage.

Yeah Mages can punch quite a bit above their weight if they have the Salamanders Gaze ultimate and get lucky

Did we have to register for the free twitch reward?

No it'll be sent automatically in the next day or two.

Also, just noticed the first time purchase rewards have been upgraded:

Details:
- First Time Purchase Reset/Changes
- $49.99: 2 Ally Summons -> 1 [SS] Ally Summon
- $99.99: 1 [SS] Ally Summon -> 1 [SSS] Ally Summon

Yaari

Nice reward. Still don't see myself going for anything above the 10$ thing though. I've spend too much on these kind of games already. 10$ a month is nice.

Nice reward. Still don't see myself going for anything above the 10$ thing though. I've spend too much on these kind of games already. 10$ a month is nice.

I've spent 0 cash on this game. :D

And all I've got to show for it is a Gram, Pata, two Mers, Tyran the bro, Pitch, Whay and wannabe-Whay.

I am Whay out of my league here.

Ventara

I've spent 0 cash on this game. :D

And all I've got to show for it is a Gram, Pata, two Mers, Tyran the bro, Pitch, Whay and wannabe-Whay.

I am Whay out of my league here.

That's all? This really is a P2W game! /s

It's pretty awesome that free and paying customers can pretty much stand on even ground. Except for those who pay in the thousands.

Edit: Game's back on, a full 3 minutes early!

That's all? This really is a P2W game! /s

It's pretty awesome that free and paying customers can pretty much stand on even ground. Except for those who pay in the thousands.

Edit: Game's back on, a full 3 minutes early!

I think people who pay 100 bucks for the 1300 rubies each month have a huge advantage over free-leechers like me. Mostly because they have much more rubies in their arsenal to force an enhancement on an SSS unit.

Top Bottom