• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

I honestly haven't noticed any difference when farming with 50% bonus or 100% bonus.

For essences or for raids? For raids I definitely notice a difference, but I agree for essences I don't notice much. Just a second ago, with 0% bonus, I got 2 essences within a 10 minute span. I've used 100 shoes during 100% bonus and gotten nothing. So idk.

Chaos17

I finally unlocked the Phoenix raid and I think that game is telling me to make a reroll mage or get an ally mage because it gaves me red staff and orb with beautifull stats for mage. My 2 priests (my main and Porin) can just drool on them >.>

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
For essences or for raids? For raids I definitely notice a difference, but I agree for essences I don't notice much. Just a second ago, with 0% bonus, I got 2 essences within a 10 minute span. I've used 100 shoes during 100% bonus and gotten nothing. So idk.

Raids. My reds per 30 shoes spent seems to be about the same, but perhaps in the long run there's a noticeable difference.

I can also say that raiding with a sheep mage sucks. I know I'm not helping the team much, as my single target damage sucks. My alt is climbing through 58 now, so I hope to have him at 60 by the weekend. Would rather raid with him.

Raids. My reds per 30 shoes spent seems to be about the same, but perhaps in the long run there's a noticeable difference.

I can also say that raiding with a sheep mage sucks. I know I'm not helping the team much, as my single target damage sucks. My alt is climbing through 58 now, so I hope to have him at 60 by the weekend. Would rather raid with him.

Ahh, i raid a *lot* and I definitely notice a difference with the 100% bonus.

Chaos17

I made a new SSS today and I got Tiel (again!).
Yesterday, the other day it was rogue Un double that I combined for the second time.
Is it the week of combining double or what ?!!

images

Also, Tiel and Rogue Un are my most recent allies that I combined... *scream internally*

Rurunaki

I made a new SSS today and I got Tiel (again!).
Yesterday, the other day it was rogue Un double that I combined for the second time.
Is it the week of combining double or what ?!!

images

Also, Tiel and Rogue Un are my most recent allies that I combined... *scream internally*

Fodder for Graysoul and Angel Tiel at the very least. Also, this 50% increase dungeon drop feels like it has the opposite effect on me.

commish

Ahh, i raid a *lot* and I definitely notice a difference with the 100% bonus.

Blues should never drop when it's 100% chance and you get SS. That's pretty much all I'm asking for.

Anddd I just got my 4th SSS shield. At least the game is supplying me with enough SSS shields and swords to properly equip all my warriors.

Kitoro

I don't see the point of going too crazy for a red 60 set when the cap is going to steadily increase the level cap throughout Season Two.

I don't see the point of going too crazy for a red 60 set when the cap is going to steadily increase the level cap throughout Season Two.

You could say that each time the cap increases, that it's just going to increase again so why bother? But in the end, getting full red and levelling it up is an order of magnitude more strength in raids, arena, labyrinth, and world boss. So if you want to keep ranking high you have to do it each time new content is released.

Fodder for Graysoul and Angel Tiel at the very least. Also, this 50% increase dungeon drop feels like it has the opposite effect on me.

At the moment we have 50% increase raid drop, not dungeon. Unless you are on EU or Asia?

Rurunaki

You could say that each time the cap increases, that it's just going to increase again so why bother? But in the end, getting full red and levelling it up is an order of magnitude more strength in raids, arena, labyrinth, and world boss. So if you want to keep ranking high you have to do it each time new content is released.

At the moment we have 50% increase raid drop, not dungeon. Unless you are on EU or Asia?

Yeah.. I meant "raid" drops. Blue drops for days..

commish

You could say that each time the cap increases, that it's just going to increase again so why bother? But in the end, getting full red and levelling it up is an order of magnitude more strength in raids, arena, labyrinth, and world boss. So if you want to keep ranking high you have to do it each time new content is released

Yeah, pretty much. Power will always increase, but that doesn't mean we should stop getting stronger, else you'll just be left behind everyone else.

Kitoro

But it's going to cap off for a long time at 80, and I imagine the cap will increase 5 levels every 3 weeks til we get there.

At the rate these reds seem to drop, I'm sure by the time I even collect a full set for one of my characters, the cap will increase, and my efforts will have gone to waste as I scramble for the level 65 set, until I hit 80 and end up trashing it all in favor of the 80 sets.

I'm not saying I won't continue to run the 60 raid, but I'm only going to do it if I have absolutely nothing better to spend my tickets on.

commish

But it's going to cap off for a long time at 80, and I imagine the cap will increase 5 levels every 3 weeks til we get there.

At the rate these reds seem to drop, I'm sure by the time I even collect a full set for one of my characters, the cap will increase, and my efforts will have gone to waste as I scramble for the level 65 set, until I hit 80 and end up trashing it all in favor of the 80 sets.

I'm not saying I won't continue to run the 60 raid, but I'm only going to do it if I have absolutely nothing better to spend my tickets on.

I don't know the pace of the Korean version, but raising cap 5 levels every 3 weeks sounds aggressive and really annoying. I hope that's not the case... but now that I think about it, they would have to do that as they release more chapters on the new map. They can't just maintain it tuned for level 60 characters. We'd breeze right through it.

You don't have to max out a full set for everyone though. Every piece helps. Alot I might add. When the 65 set comes out, the 70 set will be just around the corner. And then the 75 set will be around the corner. We'll probably have 3 weeks between each one, like you mention. At 3 weeks apart, that 12 weeks, or 3 months worth of content that you'll always be behind on.

idk, personally I think raids are the single most efficient way to spend tickets. Not because the drop rate is high, but because the benefits you get from running make you stronger in every piece of content in the game, whether you like doing WB, GB, Arena, or Labyrinth. Ranking highly in those is crucial for having a steady ruby income. Some people focus exclusively on one thing, like Arena, in hopes of getting 1% or top 50 and burn all their tickets on that. That's at most like 100 rubies a week over getting the easy 10% or 5% tiers. But if you can move up just 1 tier in all 3 of labyrinth, WB, and arena, that's over 200 rubies a week increase.

I think min-maxing ticket efficiency for weekly ruby rewards is an under-utilitized part of the meta, or perhaps not part of the current meta at all, although it should be. It only takes 4 tickets a week to secure your place in the top whatever percent of both weekly world bosses, and only 6 tickets for Labyrinth. So focusing on improving performance there gives you a 3-fold improvement in ruby income because moving up 1 tier in each gives you 3x the additional ruby income, while leaving you hundreds of tickets a week to spend on raid.

In any case, fun is obviously the most important factor, so do what you think is fun. This is all coming from a min-maxing perspective, which isn't for everyone :)

I've been doing it all day too. I just do it at work, leave my phone in front of keyboard. Every 5-7 minutes, press "Try again", then go back to work. I'm up to 1.2 million or so now. My Farq is at +4, so I'm getting close. 800k deify + 600k ultimate.

Of course Brightspark is up next :-/ Although I still need 2 more SSS for her.

Pejo

I've been doing it all day too. I just do it at work, leave my phone in front of keyboard. Every 5-7 minutes, press "Try again", then go back to work. I'm up to 1.2 million or so now. My Farq is at +4, so I'm getting close. 800k deify + 600k ultimate.

Of course Brightspark is up next :-/ Although I still need 2 more SSS for her.

Do you happen to know off-hand what the costs are from MAX to ULTIMATE of a SSS unit? I'm trying to plan ahead for making Draco Deathcrown. I know the deify itself is 800k unaffected by discount.

Whizkid7

Do you happen to know off-hand what the costs are from MAX to ULTIMATE of a SSS unit? I'm trying to plan ahead for making Draco Deathcrown. I know the deify itself is 800k unaffected by discount.

Deify is 800k? I need to do a LOT of Lab spam...

It's the 600k number I mentioned. It's actually more like 930k or something in that range, but if you do it during the 30% discount it drops to 600-650 (I can check the exact number when I finish this labyrinth run.)

KimChi

with the discount i think it costs me about 1.7mil gold for Max->Ultimate.

Pejo

It's the 600k number I mentioned. It's actually more like 930k or something in that range, but if you do it during the 30% discount it drops to 600-650 (I can check the exact number when I finish this labyrinth run.)

Ah thank goodness, I read your other post weird and thought you were at MAX+4 with your Farq, instead of just +4. Looks like i'm close with gold then. I'm going to keep grinding at it though because I still need to make one more feeder SSS tonight. In a weird way, I hope I don't get a good unit, so I don't feel bad about sacrificing it. I hoped the same thing last night and got Dark Gnoll, so it worked.

Man, building Dracos is a full time job.

Ah thank goodness, I read your other post weird and thought you were at MAX+4 with your Farq, instead of just +4. Looks like i'm close with gold then. I'm going to keep grinding at it though because I still need to make one more feeder SSS tonight. In a weird way, I hope I don't get a good unit, so I don't feel bad about sacrificing it. I hoped the same thing last night and got Dark Gnoll, so it worked.

Man, building Dracos is a full time job.

Oh wait, I'm wrong. I thought you meant MAX+4 to ultimate. No, it's really expensive to go from MAX to ULTIMATE. Sorry to disappoint :(

Probably close to the number KimChi said, about 1.7 million. Seems about right

Vitanimus

i'm so impatient and ineffecient when it comes to fusing and maxing out characters. I just want one really good SSS ;___; I'll even take an SS healer at this point ;_______;

arevin01

I hate raiding with my sheep mage as well. My rogue is almost 60 so can't wait to use him for raids.

Yaari

My Rogue is on there as well, 59 and 50%.

I like my Draco Deathcrown but my Bloodwind is so far away. 5 SSS's. That's going to take me like a month. Bleh. And that's only assuming that those SSS I need are fodder. If they are good, its going to be only more difficult to part with.

My Rogue is on there as well, 59 and 50%.

I like my Draco Deathcrown but my Bloodwind is so far away. 5 SSS's. That's going to take me like a month. Bleh. And that's only assuming that those SSS I need are fodder. If they are good, its going to be only more difficult to part with.

I know right. The worst thing that could happen to me is I pull Shabelle or something. Then I have to spend all that fodder levelling up another SSS, which could be used on SSs to enhance up and combine.

Takuan

i'm so impatient and ineffecient when it comes to fusing and maxing out characters. I just want one really good SSS ;___; I'll even take an SS healer at this point ;_______;

I'm in the same position. I laid waste to a good amount of S units last night to get a SSS - got Sorcerer Mer. My free SSS was Pearla, who doesn't seem all that great herself.

I think 3 or my last 4 SS units was Priest Dark Breath. I really want a Tank and AoE healer upgrade. I'm running with Punisher Rabit, Commander Urk, Priest Ranran and swapping in Pearla/Mer/Knight Kai/Queen Robellia at the moment, few of whom are properly equipped so they're probably underpowered.

Probably best off focusing on a better balanced SS party and upgrading equipment for the time being. I'm not having the greatest success going through Legend difficulty.

Are there statistics for Premium Ally pull rates? I seem to barely get S units and have yet to pull an SS+.

Chaos17

Korea is relasing new content every 2 months.
For example, season 2 in Korea only finished this spring.
And I don't know why people hope to get for Global version only 1 month pacing.

If you're continuing to wish that, you will maybe cry about the farming that you will need to do :
- farm cards to combine into better one
- farm gems to combine into better one
- farm ultimate equipements
- farm arena for coins to get gems or ally
- farm allies to make ascended
- farm essences for Deify
- turn ascended into ultimate because arena battles will look like this (scroll the page to see video) > http://cafe.naver.com/dragonblaze/1067885
I am probably forgetting some stuff.

I don't know if you guys are prepared to eat that farming as soon as possible but I am not.
Oh, yeah and that list is just for season 2, more farming for new stuff will be coming for season 3.
I personally advice you to start gearing up by doing raids if you want to easely farm monsters so you will be able to farm more easier that list above.

Pejo

Just saw this on Reddit, so after we get our Angels and Boden, now there's new "Dragon Busters" who basically look like mecha and require one Draco, Angel, and Boden, to make a key, then you lose another ascended to make the mecha or something. I don't know. The grind is real.

I kinda wish I wouldn't even hear about this stuff. It makes pretty much everything I'm currently doing in game feel so utterly pointless. There better be a reliable ass way to farm at least A units by then.

Edit* - Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3f2yk0/koreans_new_unique_dragon_buster_allies/

Yaari

Just saw this on Reddit, so after we get our Angels and Boden, now there's new "Dragon Busters" who basically look like mecha and require one Draco, Angel, and Boden, to make a key, then you lose another ascended to make the mecha or something. I don't know. The grind is real.

I kinda wish I wouldn't even hear about this stuff. It makes pretty much everything I'm currently doing in game feel so utterly pointless. There better be a reliable ass way to farm at least A units by then.

Edit* - Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonblaze/comments/3f2yk0/koreans_new_unique_dragon_buster_allies/

I don't know if I like the direction they are going there tbh.

KimChi

So thats what those gundam looking things were, saw those when i logged into the korean version.
All those materials needed to make and then enhance it are way too much :/ not looking forward to that lol.

I don't know if I like the direction they are going there tbh.

Keep in mind this is what, 5 months from now, minimum? I don't think it's that crazy to think that even F2P players can have obtained all of this stuff by then.

And it's not really an easy problem to solve if you think about it. I was already thinking about this even before I found out this Dragon Buster thing, and say they release something down the line which obsoletes your ascended units. Do you just throw your ascended unit away? Use it for limit break fodder? That's such a slap in the face. Considering how much resources it takes to make one, it should *never* become obsolete. At the very least, it should be required in order to get the next set of upgrades. Otherwise it's such a punch in the gut when you waste all those resources on them, and 3 months later it's as useless as a non-ascended SSS.

So I kind of agree that it's important to make the ascended units important long term, even if that means they are a special kind of food required to obtain some next tier of unit.

Also, if you notice as time goes on they get more generous with rewards. Every F2P game is like this. When the game is new, they are stingy, and as time passes, things become easier and easier to acquire. You can already see this in Dragon Blaze. The first 28 day login bonus was 1 S unit. After that it was 2 S units. This month it's an SS unit. We find out tomorrow what the August one is going to be, but my money is on 2x SS or a single SSS unit. Watch, I'm calling it now. Then we have the guaranteed SSS for the $99 package.

Even if you're totally f2p, the point is that as time progresses, it will become easier and easier to obtain the higher level fodders. I wouldn't be surprised if you can get SS from ally encounters in Korean version already.

In order for these games to have longevity, they have to remain accessible to new players. And imagine if some guy comes in 6 months from now, trying to get one of these dragon busters, and he needs to get a legend, angel, and boden (whatever that is) to get this dragon buster. That's probably 30 SSS units, and if it's not SIGNIFICANTLY easier to acquire SSS by then, the game just dies.

Anyway, power creep is a thing in all of these games. I wouldn't worry about it. What I would worry about is them implementing power creep in such a way that your advantage now does NOT translate into an advantage down the line. It's a suicide business model, because once that happens the only people left are the whales, and the game's over.

Pejo

Keep in mind this is what, 5 months from now, minimum? I don't think it's that crazy to think that even F2P players can have obtained all of this stuff by then.

And it's not really an easy problem to solve if you think about it. I was already thinking about this even before I found out this Dragon Buster thing, and say they release something down the line which obsoletes your ascended units. Do you just throw your ascended unit away? Use it for limit break fodder? That's such a slap in the face. Considering how much resources it takes to make one, it should *never* become obsolete. At the very least, it should be required in order to get the next set of upgrades. Otherwise it's such a punch in the gut when you waste all those resources on them, and 3 months later it's as useless as a non-ascended SSS.

So I kind of agree that it's important to make the ascended units important long term, even if that means they are a special kind of food required to obtain some next tier of unit.

Also, if you notice as time goes on they get more generous with rewards. Every F2P game is like this. When the game is new, they are stingy, and as time passes, things become easier and easier to acquire. You can already see this in Dragon Blaze. The first 28 day login bonus was 1 S unit. After that it was 2 S units. This month it's an SS unit. We find out tomorrow what the August one is going to be, but my money is on 2x SS or a single SSS unit. Watch, I'm calling it now. Then we have the guaranteed SSS for the $99 package.

Even if you're totally f2p, the point is that as time progresses, it will become easier and easier to obtain the higher level fodders. I wouldn't be surprised if you can get SS from ally encounters in Korean version already.

In order for these games to have longevity, they have to remain accessible to new players. And imagine if some guy comes in 6 months from now, trying to get one of these dragon busters, and he needs to get a legend, angel, and boden (whatever that is) to get this dragon buster. That's probably 30 SSS units, and if it's not SIGNIFICANTLY easier to acquire SSS by then, the game just dies.

Anyway, power creep is a thing in all of these games. I wouldn't worry about it. What I would worry about is them implementing power creep in such a way that your advantage now does NOT translate into an advantage down the line. It's a suicide business model, because once that happens the only people left are the whales, and the game's over.

Yea totally agree. I'd personally rather them make new battle modes, or something else you can do though instead of forcing me to feed my top tier units into the anus of a mecha. Endgame gear grind (in this case allies kinda are your gear, as well as your gear being your gear) is always what causes me to quit a game. When the game part becomes boring and it's just about numbers and flashy looks.

That said, I realize they need something for the players to aspire towards, and that ultra elite content to make whales spend that cash. I just hope they find a nice balance because I really enjoy the game.

Einbroch

Banned
Guys, it doesn't feed your ascended units, because that would make zero sense. This whole Dragon Buster thing is a new accessory. They're technically not units.

I'm sure you'll have to evolve your ascended units eventually, but if/when we do, it's not for these. You guys are really concerned about this? Just in two months many of us have a Draco. Getting two more in the 6+ months it'll take to get this isn't going to be hard, especially because, as cpp said, rewards are going to continually ramp up.

Much ado about nothing, to be honest.

Rurunaki

I adore this game, but the grind is reaaaaaal.. I would've have expected this seeing as Korean MMO's (Lineage, Tera, etc.) tend to be grind fests. Does our PC get stronger and evolve or with the release of the upcoming "seasons" will relegate us to a waste of space?

Yaari

My only wish is that there was some more challenging content, that would be rewarding. But I guess the team strengths are so imbalanced between each player out there, it is difficult to do.

I mean, all the fodder out there and I'm doing level60 content, still getting flooded with C's. If only B's were a little more common I could make some progress.

Chaos17

I adore this game, but the grind is reaaaaaal.. I would've have expected this seeing as Korean MMO's (Lineage, Tera, etc.) tend to be grind fests. Does our PC get stronger and evolve or with the release of the upcoming "seasons" will relegate us to a waste of space?

That's actually my problem, they seems totally forgetting about evolving the player character. Even the new recent costumes are for the ascended allies.

Guys, it doesn't feed your ascended units, because that would make zero sense. This whole Dragon Buster thing is a new accessory. They're technically not units.

Indeed, I see that key more a reward to players who bothered to make many ascended allies.

When you get one of those messages that say you have free shoes and you need to log in by whatever time to claim it. If you log in, open your mailbox, but don't claim the item, will it still disappear by the specified time? I want to leave all my shoes in my mailbox until the 100% item drop rate buff, so I can farm essences.

KimChi

When you get one of those messages that say you have free shoes and you need to log in by whatever time to claim it. If you log in, open your mailbox, but don't claim the item, will it still disappear by the specified time? I want to leave all my shoes in my mailbox until the 100% item drop rate buff, so I can farm essences.
It won't disappear. It just wants you to login until that specified time to get the item in your mailbox. The item always expires within 6 days.

Chaos17

@KimChi : thanks again for your help with the Korean version. Can you tell me whee did you find the arena rewards ? I was able to find the arena but not the rewards even after clicking on all the icons T_T

KimChi

@KimChi : thanks again for your help with the Korean version. Can you tell me whee did you find the arena rewards ? I was able to find the arena but not the rewards even after clicking on all the icons T_T

I could check again later if you cant find it, it should be a purple button at the bottom of the screen when your looking at the page where you can select pvp and world bosses.

arevin01

I started about a month ago and now have 9 SSS units on f2p with 2k rubies to spare. The twitch rewards have helped a lot. So I'm glad to just to be able to make at least 1 SSS a week.

Top Bottom