• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't think I'm even getting 1 a week anymore at this point. It's going really slow.

Yeah it slows down so much after you get the initial influx of free gems from the game. Of course, I've been focused on maxing our my current guys rather than making new...

JigsawX

Just need the boots now to complete the set but the old one has perfect stats for a mage so this is going to be rough. Also the gauntlets keep haunting me, 4 of them now

garath

I just combined for an SSS loki. Finally a rogue? I have like 5 essences of greysoul. Not like I'll be able to ascend anything. I have maybe one SSS that I can use as fodder. Tons of SS but no Bs to enhance them right now.

This gives me:

MAX SSS Byron
MAX SSS dark arrow farq
MAX SSS captain turq
MAX SS Viri
+5 SSS dark mage pari
+2 SSS Gar
SSS loki
SSS windlune

I don't even know what my strat should be now. Probably MAX loki to replace farq in my main party and eventually become greysoul? That would give me a solid lab and arena party as well. Won't need pari as my arena helper if I have another max SSS top tier dps.

Was hoping for a good SSS healer but no such luck. Viri is all I have.

Rurunaki

Does clearing the difficulies on different characters still reward rubies? I know first time clearing raid bosses does for each new toon does.

Does clearing the difficulies on different characters still reward rubies? I know first time clearing raid bosses does for each new toon does.

No. If you go look at the quests for clearing the difficulties, you will see they are clearly marked "Account". Which means you can get the reward once per account. Raid boss quests, on the other hand, are marked "Class". So you can get them at most 5 times, once for each class. i.e. if you get them on a mage, then delete your mage and create another one, you won't get them again.

Takuan

I started about a month ago and now have 9 SSS units on f2p with 2k rubies to spare. The twitch rewards have helped a lot. So I'm glad to just to be able to make at least 1 SSS a week.
Had no idea twitch streams could lead to rewards. Do they give out codes or run contests during the stream that anyone can win?

arevin01

Had no idea twitch streams could lead to rewards. Do they give out codes or run contests during the stream that anyone can win?

No idea as I never joined the twitch channels. I'm just talking about the rewards they give out after talking about reaching some achievement with the twitch population.

I started about a month ago and now have 9 SSS units on f2p with 2k rubies to spare. The twitch rewards have helped a lot. So I'm glad to just to be able to make at least 1 SSS a week.

I started about 2 months ago and have about 8 SSS units and ~350 rubies. I have not paid for anything with this game.

I think I can make an SSS every week or two but it's kind of a pain and a slow haul.

Ventara

Well, just combined for my 9th SSS and got Spark Wizard Ann. Looks like she's a crappier version of Whay. Not sure if I should enhance her since my team is probably good in terms of DPS between Belle Snow, Aura Windlune and Percy (soon to be Greysoul). I guess I could change plans and get Blackaria first, though I only have 1 essence for her. Might just save her to for that Boden unit when it S3 comes out.

Uthred

So, and I probably should have investigated this earlier, what exactly scores you points on world bosses? DPS? Longevity?

commish

Well, just combined for my 9th SSS and got Spark Wizard Ann. Looks like she's a crappier version of Whay. Not sure if I should enhance her since my team is probably good in terms of DPS between Belle Snow, Aura Windlune and Percy (soon to be Greysoul). I guess I could change plans and get Blackaria first, though I only have 1 essence for her. Might just save her to for that Boden unit when it S3 comes out.

You'd probably be better served by going with Blackaria. Your DPS is already pretty good.

So, and I probably should have investigated this earlier, what exactly scores you points on world bosses? DPS? Longevity?

As far as I know, just damage.

So i just Shabelle, i heard she is pretty good. Now my "main" is a healer so my question is should i run with 2 healers or will i lose to much dps? Should i reroll a tank/dps?

Ventara

You'd probably be better served by going with Blackaria. Your DPS is already pretty good.

That was my plan originally, but this entire time, I've only gotten ONE Blackaria essence. I suppose I can buy them, but that's 270 rubies, and another 660 if I wanted to max her. Well, I only have 4 fodder SSS right now, so I guess I'll wait and see what I have once I have my 5th fodder.

So i just Shabelle, i heard she is pretty good. Now my "main" is a healer so my question is should i run with 2 healers or will i lose to much dps? Should i reroll a tank/dps?

Congrats on Shabelle! She's probably the next best healer after Blackaria herself. 2 healer party is fine. Good, in fact. You may find situations where it's better to have one, but those are few.

I have Whay and Ann on my team. Having lots of AOE DPS is amazing for arena fights. That and I auto-win my way through lvl 28-29 in labyrinth using both of them.

Shabelle is amazing. Congrats, you're pretty much set in terms of healers because she's one of the best healers in the game. I can only envy you. Keep her.

To secure-lock your units, there is this shield icon to the upper left of your ally's profile. Do this for any unit that you intend to keep as part of your core party.

Pejo

well shit. i combined for an sss tonight and got deathcrown...

i really needed fodder. DC is probably my fav character so far though, hate doing him wrong like that. what is the opinion between DC/Loki/Fulson for better dps?

KimChi

Dang congrats on shabelle, if your a healer its perfectly fine to have 2 healers in the party. likewise 2 healer ally in your party is fine as well, I'd just stick to healer main for now. When you get to 55 or 60 then go for a dps unless you are not satisfied with your healer atm, just up to you.

I got 4 essences dropped in a row 2 brightspark and 2 greysoul. I decided to combine for another SSS seeing that absurd drop and got pitch :/ i've combined like 3 dupes in a row now..sigh T_T
Only nice thing so far is I do have bloodwind+2 now though.

edit: got lucky with labyrinth and got up to wave 33 o:
469k points, should be top 1% now woop.

Chaos17

Rerolling a dps is a nice idea if you have some time to spare, if not I would advice you instead to re-spe magnify to make up for lost dps by adding Shabelle to your party. I'm a magnify priest who re-spe when I got Porin.

well shit. i combined for an sss tonight and got deathcrown...

i really needed fodder. DC is probably my fav character so far though, hate doing him wrong like that. what is the opinion between DC/Loki/Fulson for better dps?
Fulson is considered better than Loki because of his evasion skill that let him survive better than any other rogue of his category.
Dc is one the best dps warrior.

Source : https://gamelytic.com/dragon-blaze-sss-ally-tier-and-skill-list/

I could check again later if you cant find it, it should be a purple button at the bottom of the screen when your looking at the page where you can select pvp and world bosses.
I found that icon but I can't find the reward in that screen
B8EMdQq.gif

I clicked on the gift icon but it's only showing the ranking like in Lab.

Sciel

I wouldn't put much weight on that gamelytic tier list.

1) Its laughable how Freyd is a Tier 2 rogue. She is bottom tier.

2) How Loki and even Toori can be ranked similar to Percy is beyond me. Loki is pretty much excellent in all categories (Higher base stats than Fulson, High single target, High AOE DPS, Grp AOE Debuff etc) and Toori is pretty damn good (WB Killer, Quite useful in GB/Arena due to AOE Silence). Percy is...a crappier Fulson.

This new tier list by the reddit community is pretty accurate i feel.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x-1Hmik38SvgohRRR_8mt7O1IR3cSAngy50C730KKEU/edit?pli=1#gid=0

StuffRuff

I personally would not swap out Freyd for Gar (rogue vs tank).

She has no AOE abilities but she definitely will out dps Gar. In most situations she would be better for that group than Gar considering you already have Byron for tank role. Labyrinth or any situation where survivability is key (Gram) would be the only time I'd use him over her.

Don't go strictly by tiers, go by party dynamic.

Thanks appreciate the help :)

Saprol

Yay, SSS rolls preserving my SS team setup. Combined for Mer to replace Murit. Free chapter 2 unit Azur replaced Urk. Combined the two SS units to get Gram as the new party tank.

Yay, SSS rolls preserving my SS team setup. Combined for Mer to replace Murit. Free chapter 2 unit Azur replaced Urk. Combined the two SS units to get Gram as the new party tank.

Anyone who says that Gram sucks in PvE really don't know what they are missing out on.

Gram has amazing utility in just about every scenario. Congrats on getting Gram. It only gets easier from here.

That said, I honestly think that High Commander Patta is a lesser version of Gram. He was actually pretty good against Hydra and was how I managed to score 275k points.

Chaos17

Anyone who says that Gram sucks in PvE really don't know what they are missing out on.

Gram has amazing utility in just about every scenario. Congrats on getting Gram. It only gets easier from here.

That said, I honestly think that High Commander Patta is a lesser version of Gram. He was actually pretty good against Hydra and was how I managed to score 275k points.
I am part of the people who doesn't like Gram in pve mainly because a taunter would've saved many time my life (priest) or Porin Life.
Gram doesn't suck but he is not my favorite when I am leveling but RNG doesn't want to give me Byron >.>
And I don't have the ressource to ascend a Death crown at the moment.

1) Its laughable how Freyd is a Tier 2 rogue. She is bottom tier.

2) How Loki and even Toori can be ranked similar to Percy is beyond me. Loki is pretty much excellent in all categories (Higher base stats than Fulson, High single target, High AOE DPS, Grp AOE Debuff etc) and Toori is pretty damn good (WB Killer, Quite useful in GB/Arena due to AOE Silence). Percy is...a crappier Fulson.

This new tier list by the reddit community is pretty accurate i feel.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x-1Hmik38SvgohRRR_8mt7O1IR3cSAngy50C730KKEU/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Any tier list should be taken with a grain of salt, imo.
Like for example :
- I think Caberra is overrated in the Reddit tier list because of pvp. She doesn't do much damage.
- Porin is a really nice AoE healer but she is loosing in stats too. I won't hesitate to ascend her because of that while I will not ascend Shabelle because of her skill raise all.
So both of them are for me under the meta.

So everyone has their own opinion and own tier list in mind.

Any tier list should be taken with a grain of salt, imo.
Like for example : I think Caberra is overrated in the Reddit tier list because of pvp. She doesn't do much damage.

It isn't the damage that makes her dangerous. It's the AOE sheeping that she does. I see her in use with many other sheep or meteor mages and it is pretty dangerous if her sheep lands.

One time, my whole party was sheeped except for Gram (who was in his bubble). I narrowly won that arena fight because I had Ann as my auto-helper. That 8 seconds of being sheeped was just bad news man.

I am part of the people who doesn't like Gram in pve mainly because a taunter would've saved many time my life (priest) or Porin Life.
Gram doesn't suck but he is not my favorite when I am leveling but RNG doesn't want to give me Byron >.>
And I don't have the ressource to ascend a Death crown at the moment.

I find that tanks with taunt are usually most useful when they're in PvP. In PvE, it is a toss up as to whether my taunt tank will totally waste his taunt on the last enemy that only has a sliver of life left. That pisses me off a lot. I once had both Tyran and Abyss King run through Labyrinth in my party and that sucked absolutely because both tanks tend to waste their taunt on shit enemies that don't need to be taunted.

When there are 4+ enemies around and taunt goes off, great. When there is only 1 or 2 enemies around and taunt goes off, that makes me go "WTF was that for?"

The AI in this game can be stupidly frustrating for taunt tanks. The AI for the healers is so-so. The AI for the summoner mages like Whay and Ann are kind of amazing. They somehow know when to pull out their phoenix and when to just alternate between themselves. In any case, it's always a fireworks party with Whay and Ann.

Chaos17

That's why I said pvp because of her sheep skill but beside that don't expect her to dps as much as the other mage of her rank, imo.

But what Niosh said is true, we should also look at the dynamic between the allies of a party. So for example, Caberra would be not that usefull in my full warriors/tanks (damn RNG) party while Turq would nicely help my lack of dps and help me in clearing mobs packs.

Yaari

Rogue 60 now too. Finally can use him to raid I guess. As said earlier, not as fun with Sheep Mage. I feel like I really need burst damage for the Phoenix.

commish

First, yes, Patta is awesome and very underrated. Great passives and actives. Second, yes, definitely, Gram is awesome in PVE. As I've said before, I think taunt is overrated in this game. There's a great post on one of the DB forums that explains why taunt is overrated and passives are a much bigger deal.

The problem with these tier lists is that they are too general. Some units excel in one area of the game (say, GB) while offer nothing special in other areas of the game (say, story missions). If we made a list solely for PvP, I suspect it would look quite a bit different. And if you compare this reddit list to any other list (like the korean lists), it's also different in some ranks. It's best to just look at the skills and decide for yourself.

Rogue 60 now too. Finally can use him to raid I guess. As said earlier, not as fun with Sheep Mage. I feel like I really need burst damage for the Phoenix.

My rogue is close. My sheep mage will then be retired forever from raids.

Ventara

So I did about 60-70 raid runs last night and got 2 red equips. Both have decent stats, so I'm glad. The night before I had gotten 1 okay and 2 crappy never-to-be-used red equips.

Anyways, I'm currently grinding lab and leveling my mage while farming for enhances. Really hope I get more Blackaria essences. I also need to switch from this Spider boss as all the A drops are going to waste. The other bosses I still can't beat on auto with my mage.

Ventara

Btw, I've been wondering; has anyone figured out the formula for stats and diminishing returns? I know that 40-50% is probably the ideal spot and going past that might not be worth it, but it'd be interesting to know the exact calculations.

Salamande

More team bonuses, MORE! Come, my lamia minions! (That's gotta be close to the most buffs you can have on one team, right?)

OTYSkqCcg7hj7cqkkPHkJdjG3eZ0o4sMuqwectDxIKA=w1080-h810-no

By the way, don't sleep on the team bonus rubies. Any 3 allies from a group will work (3 fairies, 3 spiders, etc). You just need to get in one fight. It's easy money.

The text is worth reading, too. The lamias have a whole running storyline about who's in love with who.

yIadSj2gjn5XI4tAh8aXSlhvUzL2GyAPPUP_Fi2eN6E=w1080-h810-no

And some are just kind of funny.

Ph7izrZAcyAg8kPT53bV9xLSEhdl8snfIwDatsbELqY=w1080-h810-no

Pejo

After playing around with various characters while I spam laby, I think I'm going to go with Deathcrown over Loki and Fulson for my last DPS spot in my party for most events(WB, Laby, Story grinding), and Loki with Fulson helper on Arena. That means I got a lot of enhancing to do though. Eventually I still think I'll turn Fulson into Greysoul.

So looking at that graph, is Defense the only stat that helps tank characters stay alive so much longer in Labyrinth? Laby seems to run by its own set of rules, because the enemies are like level 28, but some of them hit like trucks, and they all have a ton of HP.

Also I noticed that the money you get from a Labyrinth run doesn't really seem to always coincide with your score. Sometimes I have a higher score and end up with less money at the end. What a weird place.

Ventara

Does anyone know when the raid shop opens up? The one where you get points for doing raids and are able to buy items from that raid with said points. was it sometime in S2, or was it in S3?

Here's defense, but everything else, ??

Thanks for that. Didn't know the damage reduced from defence was % based. Wasn't there something about defence milestones where the damage dropped significantly once a certain defence was reached? Anyone know what those milestones are?

More team bonuses, MORE! Come, my lamia minions! (That's gotta be close to the most buffs you can have on one team, right?)

That's the most I've seen. I've been trying to get all the part buffs, but it gets pretty hard with SS and SSS units as you don't get many of those, and I don't want to save them as that'll hinder my progress.

Einbroch

Banned
Thanks for that. Didn't know the damage reduced from defence was % based. Wasn't there something about defence milestones where the damage dropped significantly once a certain defence was reached? Anyone know what those milestones are?

That was just a theory on my part. It seems like if you get to a certain threshold, you take less damage from X level monsters. Lots of MMOs do this with resistances. Get 100 resistance, you resist all fire damage, but get 80 resistance, you might only resist 60% fire damage.

It's all a theory, and with the ranges of damage in this game, it'd be hard to prove. Just something you notice with tanks that only have 30% more armor than another unit but take far, far less damage.

Chaos17

I still got the 100 tickets for my reroll rogue to spend.
This is going to take some time to spend them today.
I hope I will get good loots and don't get too much mad teamates.

Salamande

That's the most I've seen. I've been trying to get all the part buffs, but it gets pretty hard with SS and SSS units as you don't get many of those, and I don't want to save them as that'll hinder my progress.

Yeah, some of them are pretty unlikely. But keep in mind that, just to get the rubies, any 3 of the same race will work, even C's. They just have to all be different.

And now I have a dilemma. I was going to feed Kay to my Konfi to get her closer to deifying, but that flat 21% weapon atk bonus is pretty tempting...

I'm the one who made that chart. For some context, all it tells you is that if your defence is a certain value (X axis), that your DEF % will be a certain value (Y axis). Both of these number are displayed in your stat card. Just drop it down and you will see a number that says DEF % right next to EVA %. What we don't know is how to interpret that number. It could be a straight multiplier on incoming damage, or there could be another piece to the puzzle.

Ventara

Yeah, some of them are pretty unlikely. But keep in mind that, just to get the rubies, any 3 of the same race will work, even C's. They just have to all be different.

And now I have a dilemma. I was going to feed Kay to my Konfi to get her closer to deifying, but that flat 21% weapon atk bonus is pretty tempting...

Yeah, I've already gotten those. And you can't have 2 of the same units on your team, so it wouldn't matter if you can/can't 2 of the same units for the party buff.

I'd probably keep your team as is for now until you hit a wall. You'll eventually have to switch to a team of ascended units.

I'm the one who made that chart. For some context, all it tells you is that if your defence is a certain value (X axis), that your DEF % will be a certain value (Y axis). Both of these number are displayed in your stat card. Just drop it down and you will see a number that says DEF % right next to EVA %. What we don't know is how to interpret that number. It could be a straight multiplier on incoming damage, or there could be another piece to the puzzle.

Oh, I see. It's for the stat and not for the incoming damage. I guess what needs to be found out next is how DEF % affects incoming damage, as you pointed out.

Yeah, I've already gotten those. And you can't have 2 of the same units on your team, so it wouldn't matter if you can/can't 2 of the same units for the party buff.

I'd probably keep your team as is for now until you hit a wall. You'll eventually have to switch to a team of ascended units.

Oh, I see. It's for the stat and not for the incoming damage. I guess what needs to be found out next is how DEF % affects incoming damage, as you pointed out.

It's difficult because there's no kind of combat log or anything, just a barrage of numbers flying all over the screen. So it's hard to get any kind of meaningful data. I would love to figure it out though.

I might try testing out some dungeons with just 1 character in my party to reduce the number spam and seeing if that helps.

Ventara

It's difficult because there's no kind of combat log or anything, just a barrage of numbers flying all over the screen. So it's hard to get any kind of meaningful data. I would love to figure it out though.

I might try testing out some dungeons with just 1 character in my party to reduce the number spam and seeing if that helps.

It would be awesome if you could. If you need help, we can do arena battles. As far as I know, arena battles with friends don't cost tickets or count towards your arena stats.

Also, do you know if accuracy and evasion simply subtract from each? As in 50% EVA is completely nullified by 50% ACC. Or is it a little more complicated?

We're getting enhance reduction cost tonight right? If so I should have Bloodwind this evening.

Yup

Top Bottom